PDA

View Full Version : Jing and produced energy

mantis7
08-29-2000, 09:38 AM
Greeting again all....

Here is a topic you can wrap your tong long bow sims around lol

Jing... Can jing be measure with scientific instruments... Also how may kinds and levels of jing are there in the mantis system....

Offensive and defensive?????

What kind of training methods or ideas does everyone have here to help train the production of this action... ( personal or traditional)

Victor

8stepsifu
08-29-2000, 09:46 AM
I've been able to use jing once or twice. Not the jing that everyone talks about that is usually just body mechanics, but the chi flowin kind. Both times it has been in Tai Chi durring applications and I did it on accident. The amazing power that I produced was astonishing. Actually I didn't produce it so much as that I didn't get in it's way that time and allowed it to happen. The sucky thing about it is that its not like you can just hit the weights or train hard and get it. Tai Chi is like golf, the harder you try the worse you do. After this happened I got so pumped about tai chi that I had a go get em attitude and regressed /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Thats Tai Chi for ya.

I don't know what science can measure. I'm sure some day they will and you could put in a quarter and measure your jing. Wait a minute...I'm assuming (yes I said assume..ass u me..I know) anyway I'm assuming that you mean power generation using chi and body dynamics. I've heard "jing" refering to emmiting seminal fluid. In which case. yes science can measure it. I wonder who the guy was that had the spedometer for that experiment. EWWW.

[This message has been edited by 8stepsifu (edited 08-30-2000).]

mantis7
08-29-2000, 10:02 AM
LOL funny.... That is a good one.. I wonder who has the distance record lol...

ok lets get a lil more specific

There are two types of jing ( i hope I am using the right terminology)

internal and external
(before I start this I am getting this from DRYang Jwing-Ming.. got to meet him at a seminar once nice man))

like plucking jing ..Can be external and internal To develop this at its basic is to train the finger strength... but to get to the internal level I wouldnt have a clue as where to start...

As from what a friend of mine was discussing with me jing can be external and internal...
So it should be able to be measuredby science.. I wouldnt think there was any mystery to it.. jing is the manifestation of energy created by proper body mechanics, speed ( if nessary ) muscle strength and dexterity.. I could be wrong....

also if I am not mistaken in Tai chi they use listening jing a type of sensitivity

Victor

bamboo_ leaf
08-29-2000, 10:36 AM
I was under the impression that with out proper body mech. fa-jing could not be expressed ?

Also I think would be hard to train it with out first feeling it used by some one who had a good understanding of it and was willing to share it.

As for training and useing it in mantis, depends on the level of the teacher and the understanding of the student. A teacher may have it but not be able to convey the idea of it very well.

Tai-Chi addresses and builds the foundation for this type of power from day one, again depends on the teacher and what he/she is willing to share.

none of the people that I've met used wt training or where into wts, and they had very quick and strong fa-jing ablilty.

very intresting and good post /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
enjoy life

bamboo leaf

[This message has been edited by bamboo_ leaf (edited 08-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by bamboo_ leaf (edited 08-30-2000).]

mantis7
08-29-2000, 10:45 AM
everything is interconnected.. one thing that I noticed that once you learn to develop jing you have to concentrate on body mech to help it grow but hey I could be wrong lol..

Victor

8stepsifu
08-29-2000, 11:27 AM
Mantis7 who is your teacher? Just curious. Thats kind of the experience I get out of it too. I've always thought that listening jing was a fancy word for sensetivity. I agree that its all interconnected and grows with your kung fu. I don't know all the terminology for different kinds of jing. I know different kinds of powergeneration, some I can see in the horizon, some are just out of reach and worse yet are the one's I can't even fathom. I've found that just knowing kung fu over time takes you on that path and the more you practice with no ambition, the faster you go.

[This message has been edited by 8stepsifu (edited 08-30-2000).]

mantis7
08-29-2000, 11:42 AM
Well my kung fu father and gentleman who I owe all my knowledge and skill is Shirfu Raul Ortiz...Like stated before I am on the mend and will back in training soon and will be training with Shifu Albright, since Shifu's school is way out of the way for me now but who knows what the future will turn up.. But I will always be loyal and give the credit where credit is due.. With out Shifu i would not be in this great CMA world....

Victor

mantis7
08-29-2000, 11:45 AM
Well I train with ambition and I helps me get to where I am going it drives me day and night.... but like anything to much and it corupts you not enough it can hinder you and make you lazy ( not geared towards you just in general) ... everything must have a balance..

Victor

8stepsifu
08-29-2000, 12:12 PM
Denitely. That was the only way I could make it was to find balance in my training and every small thing that I did. We all wax and wane in our enthusiasm, but it's the fact that we keep going that will see us to success.