PDA

View Full Version : MMA to bloody?

Dragonzbane76
07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
article i found on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/07/19/violence.attraction.behavior/index.html?hpt=C2

SevenStar
07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
this has been a subject of discussion since the 90s. there will always be those who think this way.

Frost
07-20-2010, 01:45 AM
more serious injuries in rugby and american football, higher injury rate in soccer than MMA, and more risk of long term damage in boxing.

The fact is two deaths in close to 30 years is a very low rate for any sport, especially a contact one, MMA may be bloody (cuts due to gloves, velcro, tape and elbows) but the rules mean risk of serious long term injury is much lower than in say boxing or kick boxing

Dragonzbane76
07-20-2010, 03:23 AM
agree totally, I just found this on CNN and was curious to see peoples reaction, after all these years it's still the same argument.

Frost
07-20-2010, 03:54 AM
agree totally, I just found this on CNN and was curious to see peoples reaction, after all these years it's still the same argument.

yeah i know where you are coming from :)

the fact is a certain type of people will always see all contact sports as bad, they are usually the same people who dont let there kids compete in sports days, who feel everyone should be a winner and there should be no losers and that fostering a competative spirit is bad.

sanjuro_ronin
07-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Fighting sports are not for people the read newspapers.
:p