PDA

View Full Version : Wudang Poems? Please help....

tiaji1983
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Practitioners of Wudang Martial Arts...

I am currently a practitioner of Taijiquan, Xinyiquan, Baguazhang, Shaolin and Wudangquan. My Teacher learned Wudang from Visitors that stayed with his teacher in California, Grand Master Ark Yeuy Wong. The teachers taught him, but never gave him anything in writting. Unfortunately we all know Grand Master Ark Yuey Wong is deceased and the other teachers are not possible to locate or contact. My teacher likes to keep all of our teaching traditional. The problem is we do not have the Poems for the forms from Wudang. Anyone that could help, please email me. Thank you.

SPJ
07-20-2010, 07:38 AM
1.Tai Ji Chuan classics were annotations from generations of practitioners.

you may google them or find a chinese tai ji quan book with them.

personally, I like Wang Zhong Yue's classics.

2. Xing yi quan xue or lun by sun lu tang

3. Ba gua zhang. compilations of classics randomly in many books (chinese and english)

however, for each move/posture, there also poems for practice and apps. there are also poems for tactics and strategy--

I like wang xi an's books on chen old frame 72 postures. there are poems for 72 moves.

---

research and research. these 3 styles were practiced by many, there are many and many books with poems.

SPJ
07-20-2010, 07:41 AM
oops.

the question is about wu dan boxing poems.

know a few but not much.

bow out.

:D

tiaji1983
07-22-2010, 12:50 AM
lol Thank you for your reply, but I guess Ill be more specific. :)

I have poems for the Wudang Chang San Feng Taijiquan 13, 28, and 108 forms, and the Taijiquan Narrow Sword.

I need the Chang San Feng Taijiquan 18, the Wudang Longmen Taijiquan 18, 37, the long form, and the Narrow sword, the Taiyi Wuxing, The Daoist Narrow Sword, Wudang Bajiquan, Wudang Dragon Baguazhang, and the Wudang Drunken Taijiquan, and the Drunken Taijiquan Narrow Sword. I also need the Wudang Xuan Wu Staff.

Anyone that can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

tiaji1983
08-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Hello, I am a practitioner of Wudang Martial Arts, and other styles. My teacher was taught Wudang from a master that came over from China in the 60s and stayed at his teacher's school. During that time his Wudang teacher taught only because my teacher's teacher requested he do so, and did not provide my teacher with any of the poems. He hasnt previously taught the forms to anyone and is now teaching them to me, and wants to keep the teaching authentic, so wanted to get the poems.

I was given some poems from someone from Wudang, and the poems are written in Chinese. I was curious if anyone in the forum that can read Mandarin Chinese Characters would be willing to translate them for me. Please PM me if you can help so I do not have to post them on the forum. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help :)