PDA

View Full Version : tactical def. knife gun

Dragonzbane76
07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Watch about 2 min. in. He's showing some knife tech. and then kinda switches it up and starts using the gun. I like this line of thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laArmgaM3To

Lokhopkuen
07-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I love how it's always some really short yet very enthusiastic dude demonstraiting:D

sanjuro_ronin
07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't hate the vertically challenged bro :D

Dragonzbane76
07-21-2010, 01:58 PM
hey ronin aren't you short....:D

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2010, 05:41 AM
hey ronin aren't you short....:D

I am a giant amongst Hobits !
:D

David Jamieson
07-22-2010, 06:15 AM
I'd go to a seminar with that guy even if it is FMA mixed with guns. :D

Scott R. Brown
07-22-2010, 08:59 AM
TCMA and MMA would make mince meat out that guy!! :p

Knifefighter
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Typical stuff from someone who has some FMA training, but has never actually used it.

lkfmdc
07-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Typical stuff from someone who has some FMA training, but has never actually used it.

glad you jumped in on this one, I thought that was HORRIBLE

David Jamieson
07-22-2010, 11:13 AM

you mean like most people who do fma training?

who uses live knife attacks? who goes ape with the arnis sticks?

people in fma classes. :p

Knifefighter
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
you mean like most people who do fma training?

who uses live knife attacks? who goes ape with the arnis sticks?

people in fma classes. :p

No they don't. Most people who train fma have very little idea what actually works and what doesn't.

Frost
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
No they don't. Most people who train fma have very little idea what actually works and what doesn't.

if thats an example of typical FMA no wonder you are always knocking it, the stick stuff was bad enough but the knife stuff was terrible....no one attacks or defends like that outside of the movies:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
if thats an example of typical FMA no wonder you are always knocking it, the stick stuff was bad enough but the knife stuff was terrible....no one attacks or defends like that outside of the movies:eek:

That is actually pretty typical of FMA demo stuff.

David Jamieson
07-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I see you're still sharp on perceiving the sarcasm there knife. lol

Dragonzbane76
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
didn't really pay attention to his knife crap... i was commenting on how after the 2 min. mark he was doing like 1 knife attack and then just capping the guy...

my thoughts where why unless absolute positive go in and go ape sh!t with a knife when a gun shot would be a lot more easy and safer.

KC Elbows
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
didn't really pay attention to his knife crap... i was commenting on how after the 2 min. mark he was doing like 1 knife attack and then just capping the guy...

my thoughts where why unless absolute positive go in and go ape sh!t with a knife when a gun shot would be a lot more easy and safer.

Because sinister mad laughter gets a +1 on your fear check if you're covered with arterial spray afterwards?

Maybe he's afraid of bringing a knife to a gunfight, so he's trying to cover all bases. Don't even try a **** fight with this b@stard!

Dragonzbane76
07-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe he's afraid of bringing a knife to a gunfight, so he's trying to cover all bases. Don't even try a **** fight with this b@stard!

agree... was just commenting that a lot of defense tactics you see in defense classes are all worried about the knife this and the knife that....

My thoughts... the great leveler... the gun.... push pull... blast the fu(ker... your done...

the gun nutralized almost any situation... so why IMO do defense tactics spend a lot of time going over this and that when the gun levels almost all of the field?