PDA

View Full Version : Only the Strong - In Real Life?

SevenStar
07-23-2010, 06:36 PM
As some of you know, I am a fitness instructor. In addition to teaching and training in gyms, I have been working with the school systems to give kids additional P.E., as there really isn't much of it anymore. I work primarily with younger kids, however I got a phone call yesterday from the principal of my old HS, which was and still is known for being overrun with gangs. He says "Hey, I hear you have been teaching in the school system - are you still into martial arts? I want to get something going at the school - maybe you can whip some sense into them." I have no clue what is about to take place, but it may at least give me some new bodies to mangle...er....train with.

Scott R. Brown
07-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Good job and good luck! I had the opportunity to teach at a rather expensive private school some 30 years ago, but it didn't work out in the end. You can really make a difference for kids. Please keep us posted on how it goes!:)

PHILBERT
07-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Good luck with that. Remember though, the kids have to be willing to try it, and make sure they don't use it to just further fight in gangs.

Lucas
07-24-2010, 11:13 AM
teach them capoeira!! :D

IronFist
07-26-2010, 10:39 AM
paranaue

paranaue

parana