PDA

View Full Version : Monica Duran - Wing Chun and Qi Gong Helped her

Three Harmonies
07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Finally nice to see a positive story that involves Wing Chun! Monica is blind yet trains Wing Chun weekly with Phil Romero in NM. To see her inspirational story click here! (http://threeharmonies.blogspot.com/2010/07/inspiration-from-monica-duran.html)

Enjoy
JAB

Vajramusti
07-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the story and the clip. Kudos to Phil Romero for his working with Monica.I am proud of her.I may have met Monica and briefly introduced to her by Kurt Saenz years ago. Kurt is a good wing chun person himself but has not bee in good health for a while. You play the cards that life gives you-play it the best that one can...as Monica is apparently doing.

joy chaudhuri

Three Harmonies
08-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Sifu Joy,
Indeed you did introduce her to Kurt! They all speak fondly of the moment.

I have heard Kurt is not so well. The guy is a saint for all he has been through and remained strong and resilient.

I am glad to see you are doing well though. Mesa is treating you well?

Cheers
Jake

Phil Redmond
08-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Inspiring it is.

Vajramusti
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Sifu Joy,
Indeed you did introduce her to Kurt! They all speak fondly of the moment.

I have heard Kurt is not so well. The guy is a saint for all he has been through and remained strong and resilient.

I am glad to see you are doing well though. Mesa is treating you well?

Cheers
Jake
--------------------------------------------
Hi Jake- I am in Tempe you may recall.Mesa is a little less civilized neighbor.Kurt has used his wing chun spirit in his journey through hell. He deserves better.

I lived in Seattle for 3 summers- many moons ago--it's a great city.

joy chaudhuri

Hendrik
08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Extremely respectable!

Best Regards to Monica Duran.

Hendrik
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Here are something which will help Monica and others to cultivate/grow Qi. very simple but effective . try it every morning before get out of the bed for 21 days and find out the result for yourself.

for low blood pressure case, one needs to substitute thinking the bottom of the feet or K1 to Navel.

http://www.apricotforesthall.com/qigong_meditation.html

A caution:

1, always move one's fingers and toes 12 times , rub one's face and head after the practice before moving the body in a slow way.

2, must not have sex 4 hours before or after the practice since sex drain Qi. Sex activity must be cut down extensively for grow qi and healing.

3, It is better to be vegitarian or close to vegitarian while practicing it. cola cola and un nature process food are not suitable.

shawchemical
08-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Ugh, there is no such thing as qi.

LSWCTN1
08-03-2010, 03:00 AM
i personally have believed that qi is a kind of faith healing for quite some time now, nothing at all wrong witht that if it works for you.

reading that article has affirmed my thoughts on this and reminded me of an exercise my grandfather taught me when i was younger. The ecercise is, i believe, a form of mentalism but has strong comparisons with many eastern philosophies. i believe its called drifting?

you lie flat on your bed arms and legs slightly splayed but not touching any other part of your body. eyes closed. you concentrate on a place (or time) in your life that has positive connotations and just keep thinking of it. keep thinking about getting to that place or time too. again; if you fall asleep then you fall asleep.

you wake up feeling so light and refreshed and without worry. its actually an incredible experience.

dont believe me? just give it a go.

you may 'waste' an hour of your life, or you may discover something that you will really enjoy. either way dont comment until you have experienced it as you cannot speak with authority until it happens.

just sharing thoughts

Lee Chiang Po
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Ugh, there is no such thing as qi.

It all really depends upon what you think qi is or isn't. For some it will not exist, and for others it will. In fact however, it truely exists, but it is not what most tend to think it to be. In the sense that it is some mystical power or force that can be issued by the body and cast into other bodies or objects, it is none existant. It can not exist. On the other hand, if you consider it the energy flow of your body and that you can actually focus this energy into individual limbs, then it does indeed exist. It all comes down to one's understanding of their own bodies and abilities.

Hendrik
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Great starts.

i personally have believed that qi is a kind of faith healing for quite some time now, nothing at all wrong witht that if it works for you.

reading that article has affirmed my thoughts on this and reminded me of an exercise my grandfather taught me when i was younger. The ecercise is, i believe, a form of mentalism but has strong comparisons with many eastern philosophies. i believe its called drifting?

you lie flat on your bed arms and legs slightly splayed but not touching any other part of your body. eyes closed. you concentrate on a place (or time) in your life that has positive connotations and just keep thinking of it. keep thinking about getting to that place or time too. again; if you fall asleep then you fall asleep.

you wake up feeling so light and refreshed and without worry. its actually an incredible experience.

you may 'waste' an hour of your life, or you may discover something that you will really enjoy. either way dont comment until you have experienced it as you cannot speak with authority until it happens.

just sharing thoughts

shawchemical
08-03-2010, 10:14 PM

just sharing thoughts

What utter nonsense.

Faith healing is a load of ****. Homeopathy, mediums talking to dead spirits (AKA cold reading) Reiki, and all of that bull**** is just confidence artistry in action. The same as fortune telling, phrenology, water divining.

THere is NO benefit to deluding ourselves in such ways.

Yes, focus and being comfortable with what you're doing is beneficial to the task at hand, however to confuse it with bull**** mysticism is ONLY that, confusing fact with bull**** pseudoscience.

Yes, I can speak with authority. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Until you can prove that this ethereal QI exists in a double blind trial, with repeatable results that are free from bias, you cannot claim that it exists and those who don't believe just haven't seen it work yet.

LSWCTN1
08-05-2010, 03:01 AM
What utter nonsense.

Faith healing is a load of ****. Homeopathy, mediums talking to dead spirits (AKA cold reading) Reiki, and all of that bull**** is just confidence artistry in action. The same as fortune telling, phrenology, water divining.

THere is NO benefit to deluding ourselves in such ways.

Yes, focus and being comfortable with what you're doing is beneficial to the task at hand, however to confuse it with bull**** mysticism is ONLY that, confusing fact with bull**** pseudoscience.

Yes, I can speak with authority. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Until you can prove that this ethereal QI exists in a double blind trial, with repeatable results that are free from bias, you cannot claim that it exists and those who don't believe just haven't seen it work yet.

I claimed nothing about Qi, i just stated that it is similar to some kind of (i presume) faith healing that i have heard of.

You really should learn to read more on a subject matter before you comment on something though...

i never claimed that this would work for everyone. It is kinda similar to faith healing, which has PROVEN scientific studies attached to it (mostly around a placebo effect). Placebos can work - that IS the basis, in essence, of faith healing.

for you, faith healing is utter ****, i agree. you are not going into it with an open mind. you have no FAITH in it...

for me, i was a young boy and my grandfather told me about it - i placed blind faith in it and it worked...

On tuesday i left work ill, i had a 24 hour bug. i actually used this technique and dozed off to sleep. i woke up still ill, but i was utterly relaxed and peaceful. not the same as waking up from a normal sleep. to each their own.

but, if techniques like NLP can bring people out of comas where conventional medicine has failed then there is room for advancement that we dont yet know about

Hendrik
08-05-2010, 02:37 PM
the world is a causal system , Qi is as real as Gold.

When one can quiet the mind, let the body relax, and breathing naturally deep and fine. It got to surface.

The problem is most never know it, never cultivate in it, never get that far.
So, they end up with nothing and using that nothing to make all kind of absurd claim. Similar to those who boil water upto 40C and making claim water cant boil and there is no such thing as water vapor.

I claimed nothing about Qi, i just stated that it is similar to some kind of (i presume) faith healing that i have heard of.

You really should learn to read more on a subject matter before you comment on something though...

i never claimed that this would work for everyone. It is kinda similar to faith healing, which has PROVEN scientific studies attached to it (mostly around a placebo effect). Placebos can work - that IS the basis, in essence, of faith healing.

for you, faith healing is utter ****, i agree. you are not going into it with an open mind. you have no FAITH in it...

for me, i was a young boy and my grandfather told me about it - i placed blind faith in it and it worked...

On tuesday i left work ill, i had a 24 hour bug. i actually used this technique and dozed off to sleep. i woke up still ill, but i was utterly relaxed and peaceful. not the same as waking up from a normal sleep. to each their own.

but, if techniques like NLP can bring people out of comas where conventional medicine has failed then there is room for advancement that we dont yet know about

shawchemical
08-08-2010, 04:55 PM

100% utter bull****. There are no scientific studies which support trivial nonsense like faith healing, because if there were, it would not be called faith healing but called medicine.
Only morons believe in faith healing, because they're the only ones dumb enough. If you want to refute it, you need to produce the citations for the papers and studies which support faith healing actually working in peer reviewed studies. Without that, you have anecdotal bull**** like that hendrik always vomits forth.

shawchemical
08-08-2010, 04:58 PM
the world is a causal system , Qi is as real as Gold.

When one can quiet the mind, let the body relax, and breathing naturally deep and fine. It got to surface.

The problem is most never know it, never cultivate in it, never get that far.
So, they end up with nothing and using that nothing to make all kind of absurd claim. Similar to those who boil water upto 40C and making claim water cant boil and there is no such thing as water vapor.

DOn't try ot use scientific evidence to back your fanciful points up hendrik, you only make yourself appear dumber. There is no Qi, unless you can document it, and prove its existence which would probably earn a nobel prize, you have to accept that just like the concept of god, the concept of qi is entertaining, but entirely separate to reality.

Hendrik
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
100% utter bull****. There are no scientific studies which support trivial nonsense like faith healing, because if there were, it would not be called faith healing but called medicine.

Only morons believe in faith healing, because they're the only ones dumb enough.

If you want to refute it, you need to produce the citations for the papers and studies which support faith healing actually working in peer reviewed studies. Without that, you have anecdotal bull**** like that hendrik always vomits forth.

Perhaps you are right
Only morons believe in faith healing, because they're the only ones dumb enough.

Or

Perhaps you are wrong
because only morons object to something they are clueless.

Hendrik
08-08-2010, 05:06 PM
DOn't try ot use scientific evidence to back your fanciful points up hendrik, you only make yourself appear dumber.

There is no Qi, unless you can document it, and prove its existence which would probably earn a nobel prize, you have to accept that just like the concept of god, the concept of qi is entertaining, but entirely separate to reality.

Your 2cents are no different then others 2 cents right?

shawchemical
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Your 2cents are no different then others 2 cents right?

Wrong. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary levels of proof. I'm not the one claiming that nonsensical ideas like Qi exist, while you are. YOU are required to justify the assertion, I need not disprove it.

There is no evidence to justify a conclusion that Qi exists.

shawchemical
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Perhaps you are right

Or

Perhaps you are wrong
because only morons object to something they are clueless.

Non-sequitur.

LSWCTN1
08-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Only morons believe in faith healing, because they're the only ones dumb enough. If you want to refute it, you need to produce the citations for the papers and studies which support faith healing actually working in peer reviewed studies. Without that, you have anecdotal bull**** like that hendrik always vomits forth.

well, seeing as you asked for it...

http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=main.doiLanding&uid=1999-11094-001

http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/technical/p58.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T8V-45WYW9N-VC&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F1988&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=fc64b1d479fb1cb63891b8214ee7d82c

http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/25/1/77?view=long&pmid=2417648

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa013259

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WC1-4GSBGR3-1&_user=10&_coverDate=11%2F30%2F2005&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=2168daa9ef0d2368379d887f953bb6ee

:p

Plus, homeopathy is licensed treatment that the NHS in the UK still (I believe?) pay for.

Plus, TCM has rarely been cited in medical studies but millions of people who choose to use it cant be wrong.

The truth is, if something works then it works. Faith healing wont work for you by its pure nature. You have no faith in it.

Just sayin', it has worked for me to help relax me and make ME feel better

Hendrik
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Wrong. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary levels of proof. I'm not the one claiming that nonsensical ideas like Qi exist, while you are. YOU are required to justify the assertion, I need not disprove it.

There is no evidence to justify a conclusion that Qi exists.

Dont forget
you can have your opinions but no one needs your approval.

Jim Roselando
08-09-2010, 12:41 PM
For those who are interested:

www.qigonginstitute.org/html/papers.php

Also see The Scientific Basis of Qigong and Energy Medicine page on the Qigong Institute website:

www.qigonginstitute.org/html/scientificbasis.php#QigongGeneExpression

Scientific Papers:

A Comprehensive Review of Health Benefits of Qigong and Tai Chi Jahnke R, Larkey L, Rogers C and Etnier J

Table of Qigong and Tai Chi Literature Reviews Roger Jahnke OMD, Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi & Linda Larkey PhD, Arizona State University

Qigong and Tai Chi: Traditional Chinese Health Promotion Practices – the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Disease Roger Jahnke, OMD. The Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi.

Researching the Benefits of Mind-Body Practice by Investigating Genetic Expression Roger Jahnke, OMD. The Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi.

A Pilot Study of External Qigong Therapy for Patients with Fibromyalgia(PDF 181KB) Kevin Chen, et. al. Originally published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2006) Vol 12, No. 9

Qigong - Energy Medicine for the New Millennium(PDF 72KB) Tom Rogers, President of the Qigong Institute. Originally published in Qi Magazine.

Multifaceted Health Benefits of Medical Qigong (PDF 69KB) - Kenneth M. Sancier PhD and Devatara Holman MS. MA. LAc Originally Published in: Journal of
Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2004) Vol 10, No. 1

Electrodermal Measurements for Monitoring the Effects of a Qigong Workshop (PDF 574KB)- by Kenneth M. Sancier PhD. Originally Published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2003) Vol 9, No. 2

Anti-Aging Benefits of Qigong - by Kenneth M. Sancier PhD. Originally Published in: Journal of the International Society of Life Information Science,14 (1) 12-21 (1996). Integrative Tumor Board: Advanced Breast Cancer (PDF 124KB) Kevin papers Ph.D. and Binhui He

Review of Qigong Therapy for Cancer Treatment (PDF 531KB) Kevin Chen Ph.D. and Raphael Yeung Originally Published in: Journal of the International Society of Life Information Science,20 (2) 2002.

A Preliminary Study of the Effect of External Qigong on Lymphoma Growth in Mice (PDF 1,381KB) by Kevin Chen Ph.D., Samuel C. Shiflett, Nicholas M. Ponzio, Binhui He, Deborah K. Elliott and Steven E. Keller. Originally Published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2002) Vol 8, No. 5, pp. 615-621.

The Wonders and Mysteries of Qi (PDF 138KB) A book Review by Kevin Chen Ph.D. Originally Published in: Journal of Scientific Exploration. 2002;16(3)

External Qigong Therapy for Chronic Orofacial Pain (PDF 134KB) Kevin Chen Ph.D., Joseph J. Marbach D.D.S., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Originally Published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2002) Vol 8, No. 5, pp. 532-534.

Use of Qigong Therapy in the Detoxification of Heroin Addicts (PDF 153KB) Kevin Chen Ph.D., Ming Li, Zhixian Mo M.D. Originally Published in: Alternative Therapies, Jan/Feb 2002, Vol. 8, No. 1.

Exploratory Studies of External Qi in China (PDF 227KB) by Kevin Chen Ph.D. and Zhongpeng Lin Originally Published in: Journal of the International Society of Life Information Science,20 (2) 2002.

THE EFFECT OF QIGONG ON THERAPEUTIC BALANCING MEASURED BY ELECTROACUPUNCTURE ACCORDING TO VOLL (EAV): A PRELIMINARY STUDY (PDF 595KB) Kenneth M. Sancier PhD. Originally Published in: Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, International Journal. 1994; vol.19

Medical Applications of Qigong and Emitted Qi on Humans, Animals, Cell Cultures and Plants: Review of Selected Scientific Research (PDF 905KB) Kenneth M. Sancier PhD. and Bingkun Hu PhD.; Published in The American Journal of Acupuncture Vol. 19, No. 4, 1991

Qigong and Neurological Illness (PDF 150KB) Kenneth M. Sancier; Published in Alternative and Complementary Treatments in Neurologic Illness. By Michael I. Weintraub,, Chapter 15, pp 197-220 (2001), and reprinted with the permission from Elsevier.

Search for Medical Applications of Qigong With the Computerized Qigong Database? (PDF 84KB) by Kenneth M. Sancier PhD.; Published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2001) vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 93-95.

Therapeutic Benefits of Qigong Exercises in Combination with Drugs (PDF 149KB) Kenneth M. Sancier PhD. Originally Published in: Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (1999) Vol 5, No. 4, pp. 383-389.

How to Select Qigong Healers in Scientific Research of Qigong Kenneth M. Sancier PhD.

Medical Applications of Qigong (PDF 661KB) Kenneth M. Sancier PhD.; published in "Alternative Therapies January, 1996, Vol 2. No.1.

A Criticism of Qigong with Pseudoscience Method PDF Version (PDF 124KB) Book Review of "Qigong: Chinese Medicine or Pseudoscience?" Kevin Chen, Ph.D. MPH

An Analytic Review of Studies on Measuring Effects of External Qi in China (PDF 169KB) Kevin Chen, Ph.D. MPH; Originally Published in Alternative Therapies. July/Aug 2004, VOL. 10. No.4.

A Case Study of Simultaneous Recovery From Multiple Physical Symptoms with Medical Qigong Therapy Kevin Chen, Ph.D. MPH; Originally Published in Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2004) Vol 10, No. 1.

t_niehoff
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Scientific papers?

Hardly.

I don't think we get genuinely scientific papers (papers that are peer-reviewed by recognized and distinguished scientists, for example) from such "interesting" journals as the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi, the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Qi Magazine, the Journal of the International Society of Life Information Science, and Alternative Therapies.

http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/

http://scienceblogs.com/channel/medicine/?utm_source=globalChannel&utm_medium=link

shawchemical
08-09-2010, 04:20 PM
well, seeing as you asked for it...

http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=main.doiLanding&uid=1999-11094-001

http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/technical/p58.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T8V-45WYW9N-VC&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F1988&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=fc64b1d479fb1cb63891b8214ee7d82c

http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/25/1/77?view=long&pmid=2417648

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa013259

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WC1-4GSBGR3-1&_user=10&_coverDate=11%2F30%2F2005&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=2168daa9ef0d2368379d887f953bb6ee

:p

Plus, homeopathy is licensed treatment that the NHS in the UK still (I believe?) pay for.

Plus, TCM has rarely been cited in medical studies but millions of people who choose to use it cant be wrong.

The truth is, if something works then it works. Faith healing wont work for you by its pure nature. You have no faith in it.

Just sayin', it has worked for me to help relax me and make ME feel better

Homeopathy is bull****. ,Faith healing doesn't work for anyone. The fact that homeopathy is licensed in the UK says something about how ridiculous that country has become in recent years. Yes, millions of people CAN be wrong, just look at the amounto f people who believe in a god. They are all wrong, despite how vehemently and vociferously they claim that it exists.

Noone claims that the placebo effect doesn't exist, it's proven to. But that does not mean that it is a valid therapy. Alternative medicine is bull****. If it were real, it would just be called medicine.

shawchemical
08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Scientific papers?

Hardly.

I don't think we get genuinely scientific papers (papers that are peer-reviewed by recognized and distinguished scientists, for example) from such "interesting" journals as the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi, the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Qi Magazine, the Journal of the International Society of Life Information Science, and Alternative Therapies.

http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/

http://scienceblogs.com/channel/medicine/?utm_source=globalChannel&utm_medium=link

We agree on some things. None of these journals are of good repute in scientific circles.

Hendrik
08-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, millions of people CAN be wrong, just look at the amounto f people who believe in a god. They are all wrong, despite how vehemently and vociferously they claim that it exists.

you could be right
or
you could be blind by your own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499EdTlXF00&feature=related

the vampire think he is all mighty but look for God in a wrong place.
end up it got kill by another vampire. That is Karma. hahaha movie. hope that human is smarter then that.

shawchemical
08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, millions of people CAN be wrong, just look at the amounto f people who believe in a god. They are all wrong, despite how vehemently and vociferously they claim that it exists.

you could be right
or
you could be blind by your own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499EdTlXF00&feature=related

the vampire think he is all mighty but look for God in a wrong place.
end up it got kill by another vampire. That is Karma. hahaha movie. hope that human is smarter then that.

Unfortunately, most humans are dumb enough to believe in imaginary friends into adulthood.

You can't make bull**** claims without offering evidence of their voracity.

Qi doesn't exist.

LSWCTN1
08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Homeopathy is bull****. ,Faith healing doesn't work for anyone. The fact that homeopathy is licensed in the UK says something about how ridiculous that country has become in recent years. Yes, millions of people CAN be wrong, just look at the amounto f people who believe in a god. They are all wrong, despite how vehemently and vociferously they claim that it exists.

Homeopathy may well be, i never claimed anything different. Im not necessarily disagreeing with you. My point was solely about this mention of Qi and how it related to another, similar, practice i had encountered that seemed to help ME.

Noone claims that the placebo effect doesn't exist, it's proven to. But that does not mean that it is a valid therapy. Alternative medicine is bull****. If it were real, it would just be called medicine.

if something exists and it works, then its valid. what would your definition of valid be, if not that?

dont forget that western medicine often gets things wrong too, and changes up and switches around to change what it was doing. a major one that springs to mind is Thalidomide (sp?)... they didnt half f-up on that one...

not trying to get into a mad one with you here. in a situation like this neither of us is going to change our standpoint.

bennyvt
08-10-2010, 02:24 AM
saying qi gong and tai chi are good for you is obvious. Any exercise is good for you and will give the all the same benfits without resorting to chi. I like the studies they do and say "wow when he does this exercise or form you can see his chi in the thermal imaging." like any movement of the body won't produce heat. I remember doing my SLT (I was doing hour forms at the time. five min out five min in) in the morning in the mountains and it was so freezing that I had steam coming off me. my friend took a photo it looked cool.

Hendrik
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately, most humans are dumb enough to believe in imaginary friends into adulthood.

You can't make bull**** claims without offering evidence of their voracity.

Qi doesn't exist.

Sure, for you.

shawchemical
08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Sure, for you.

It is not a subjective matter. It either exists or it does not. It cannot exist for one person and not for another.

The energy meridian concept has long since been discredited.

Hendrik
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
It is not a subjective matter. It either exists or it does not. It cannot exist for one person and not for another.

The energy meridian concept has long since been discredited.

sure. according to you.

shawchemical
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
sure. according to you.

Again, you are claiming that it exists, you need to provide proof of its existence. Documented, rigorous peer reviewed papers only.

Hendrik
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Again, you are claiming that it exists, you need to provide proof of its existence. Documented, rigorous peer reviewed papers only.

perhaps that is not applied to you that is ok.

To some one similar to Monica Duran, She knows what it means to her and other less fortune people who is sick.

That is what it is for, it doesnt matter who approve or not .....etc.

My suggestion to you is if you cant do anything to help Monica Duran, stop posting.

Go open up a new topic and discuss what ever you like, but not here.

shawchemical
08-10-2010, 11:52 PM
perhaps that is not applied to you that is ok.

To some one similar to Monica Duran, She knows what it means to her and other less fortune people who is sick.

That is what it is for, it doesnt matter who approve or not .....etc.

My suggestion to you is if you cant do anything to help Monica Duran, stop posting.

Go open up a new topic and discuss what ever you like, but not here.

Listen, noone can claim that exercise and a better diet aren't better for you then one which allows the individual to develop diabetes. But if Qi is real, why can't she reverse the damage done? Why can't she cure herself of diabetes.

there is no doubt that she is the posterchild for diabetes awareness. She is a strong person, but none of these things indicates a single thing other than her diet and lifestyle were bad to start with, and she has managed to change those negative influences through exercise and better nutrition. Hardly some ethereal bull**** called qi.

Hendrik
08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Again, if you cant help.

please do us a favor to not place burden on others who is trying their best with every thing they have to live.

You have the luxury of arguing and walk away without any concern.

Those who is sick has to live with it and it is about survival.

Go some where to discuss your ideas. not here.

Listen, noone can claim that exercise and a better diet aren't better for you then one which allows the individual to develop diabetes.

But if Qi is real, why can't she reverse the damage done? Why can't she cure herself of diabetes.

there is no doubt that she is the posterchild for diabetes awareness. She is a strong person, but none of these things indicates a single thing other than her diet and lifestyle were bad to start with, and she has managed to change those negative influences through exercise and better nutrition. Hardly some ethereal bull**** called qi.

t_niehoff
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
http://www.learn-tai-chi-online.com/