PDA

View Full Version : how is this ninja's wing chun? (vid)

IronFist
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
This guy has like 1,000 videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTg1ebswZgU&feature=channel

I'm not familiar with ninja style WC so all you WC guys, how does this guy look :D

Dave McKinnon
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iOGAmKYUoY4/TCAnl5jNOGI/AAAAAAAAANI/7ItZwuLrr8w/s1600/jawsome.jpg

That is JAWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Pacman
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
this guy looks like an extra terrestrial...he is a joke

aside from that he does the typical korean thing in claiming that koreans invented ____ first. i have heard claims that korea invented accupuncture, kendo, but now i guess it follows that they invented ninjutsu first (on his youtube profile)

has anyone ever seen the old hwa rang do website? they said that "hwa rang warriors" went to teach in china and japan, creating kung fu and karate, respectively. i'd like to see what evidence they have of that

SAAMAG
08-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Well...the underlying Korean mindset that was attempted to be laid in until recently is that they are the elite race. That's the source of their ethnocentrism. But the idea is ridiculous. I'm all for ethno-pride but they take a bit further into the realm of idiocy.

I think modern day Koreans aren't as supportive of the "elitist" regime as was present years ago. Minus a few of course. Luckily I've never met a korean who thinks this way. All my Korean friends are good folks.

Pacman
08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Well...the underlying Korean mindset that was attempted to be laid in until recently is that they are the elite race. That's the source of their ethnocentrism. But the idea is ridiculous. I'm all for ethno-pride but they take a bit further into the realm of idiocy.

well said.

I think modern day Koreans aren't as supportive of the "elitist" regime as was present years ago. Minus a few of course. Luckily I've never met a korean who thinks this way. All my Korean friends are good folks.

where the hell do you live!?

shawchemical
08-08-2010, 05:00 PM
That guy is an utter joke. Plus he believes in imaginary friends.

His VT is ****, just like everything else he teaches.

Pacman
08-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Plus he believes in imaginary friends.

HAHA!

yeah its funny i met another guy who tried to preach to me through teaching wing chun. i wonder how he got that combo together

SoCo KungFu
08-09-2010, 11:15 PM

Meh, that goes for pretty much any culture though really. Although Asia does seem to be lagging behind in that department compared to the rest of the world so maybe that's why it seems more pronounced there. You should have seen some of the responses in Japan when some western paleoanthropologists released results from a study that showed samurai were actually heavily descended from the Ainu.

Pacman
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Meh, that goes for pretty much any culture though really. Although Asia does seem to be lagging behind in that department compared to the rest of the world so maybe that's why it seems more pronounced there. You should have seen some of the responses in Japan when some western paleoanthropologists released results from a study that showed samurai were actually heavily descended from the Ainu.

yeah it exists everywhere, but with koreans its more pronounced. actually both korean and japanese have this issue, but japanese will tend to not show their stripes.

i googled about the ainu samurai. another perspective of race consciousness in the ainu-samurai study is the uncanny ability of researchers to find white or white-ish people everywhere--usually making them superior. india was originally an aryan civilization, i read that some civilization in south america was actually white and now i guess the japanese have white roots (some people have suggested the ainu are actually related to caucasians)

in the end its all for collective pride, which people generally rely on to bolster their own self esteem when invididual accomplishments are lacking.

oh man i found a treasure trove of information

http://www.white-history.com/ainu_in_japan.htm

the whole site, white-history.com is a gold mine of info on how the white race was involved with everything from ancient sumer to egypt etc etc. yeah...no bias there. of course not! :)

i learned about the ainu back in college. its basic convergent evolution. they arent white. some people lived in japan a long ass time ago, like 10,000 BC and before. they they got driven north to hokkaido (and south to okinawa, but they arent called ainu) by people who came from china. those people then evolved to have high nose bridges and some other features that make them look more "white". basically because hokkaido is a cold climate like northern europe so you are going to end up looking the somewhat similar...but if you saw an ainu person walking around kentucky, the clan would still burn a cross on their lawn. they are not white.

HumbleWCGuy
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
This guy has like 1,000 videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTg1ebswZgU&feature=channel

I'm not familiar with ninja style WC so all you WC guys, how does this guy look :D

Trying to put aside lineage differences like his conception of the gate theory. I think that his approach is flawed. I don't think that he could apply much of what he did in real time. Any decent fighter would probably just run him over.

He does some weird things, for example his way of throwing punches is a nice tip in certain situation but it isn't the fundamental way. I am sure other people could point out some weird flaws that will cause problems.