PDA

View Full Version : Roger Huerta Street Fight

jason.
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Guy knocks out girl, Huerta beats him down.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video/#comments-anchor

sanjuro_ronin
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Well done on the part of Roger.

Dragonzbane76
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
what an MMA guy fighting in the street???? Now we all know that mma does not equal teh deadly steet and that all there techs. can only be used in the cage. must be a fake video....:rolleyes:

dripping sarcasm....;)

Hebrew Hammer
08-05-2010, 01:01 AM
How can you tell he beat anyone down?

SAAMAG
08-05-2010, 08:31 AM
All you see is him rushing towards the guy...a bunch of people crowding around...and then Roger kicking in the guys head while he's on the ground. Which is ILLEGAL in the UFC folks!!! So technically it's not a MMA technique right?? Well unless you're talking about PRIDE.

But all kidding aside, the basic premise is that Roger whooped up on the big black guy, and proceeded to attack the black guy when he was already down. That last bit of footage could be his downfall--considering it's not self defense, nor was it truly self defense of the women since she was in no danger after the first hit.

Technically, both the black guy and Roger should be going to jail.

rogue
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=06122435-fea9-4358-91eb-330a87db4f24

SevenStar
08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
can't really see what happened.... I'll watch it again when I'm not at work. I see a guy who hit a woman, I see huerta rush him, then you just see a crowd of ppl running around...

rogue
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
The part that's missing is Huerta decking the creep. You see them square up but then nothing until the big guy is on the ground.

hskwarrior
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
did we just get dooped? i saw NO MMA......maybe is was Movie Missing in Action. :eek:

JamesC
08-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Got what he deserved.

HumbleWCGuy
08-06-2010, 05:16 AM
what an MMA guy fighting in the street???? Now we all know that mma does not equal teh deadly steet and that all there techs. can only be used in the cage. must be a fake video....:rolleyes:

dripping sarcasm....;)

I think that the case that people are making is that they could handle situations better with more specific training. For example, why did he ever end up squared up with that guy? Why was he caught on tape?

Shaolin
08-06-2010, 11:06 AM
This is what happened.

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/mauricio.jpg

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/shogun_rua_Pride.jpg

http://www.croring.com/images/content/Vijesti/MMA/rua.jpg

Dragonzbane76
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Why was he caught on tape?

his traditional ninja smoke bomb tech. didn't work for him in the steet....:rolleyes:

HumbleWCGuy
08-07-2010, 03:02 AM
his traditional ninja smoke bomb tech. didn't work for him in the steet....:rolleyes:

No, because he made a big deal about starting the fight. He should have followed the guy to his car or a bathroom and beaten him senseless. Instead, he is standing there arguing with him.

Dragonzbane76
08-08-2010, 06:42 AM
No, because he made a big deal about starting the fight. He should have followed the guy to his car or a bathroom and beaten him senseless. Instead, he is standing there arguing with him.

you don't get jokes do you... went right over your head there. :rolleyes:

SoCo KungFu
08-08-2010, 08:02 PM
All you see is him rushing towards the guy...a bunch of people crowding around...and then Roger kicking in the guys head while he's on the ground. Which is ILLEGAL in the UFC folks!!! So technically it's not a MMA technique right?? Well unless you're talking about PRIDE.

Uh oh but I thought the consensus was that MMA couldn't fight dirty on "the streetz?"

Hardwork108
08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Uh oh but I thought the consensus was that MMA couldn't fight dirty on "the streetz?"

That is why I believe Roger Huerta has been studying traditional kung fu in secret....:D

Hardwork108
08-08-2010, 09:56 PM
you don't get jokes do you... went right over your head there. :rolleyes:

Look, what HumbleWCGuy is trying to say is that the MMA guy acted like a knucklehead....not unlike many MMA-ists here. That makes sense doesn't it? LOL

It is also ironic that you of all people should criticize people for missing things going "over their heads"...LOL!

HumbleWCGuy
08-08-2010, 11:45 PM

It's not that mma techniques don't translate to the "streetz." The issue is that mma isn't as refined as it could be when it comes to street tactics.

Syn7
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
so did either huerta or the woman beating thug get charged after all??? i mean, technically they are both guilty of assault... the thug for blindsiding the woman and huerta for stompin the guy after the punch... but we werent there so who knows why huerta didnt stop... he doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would lose control and go too far... i want to give him the benefit of doubt, but the video is pretty incriminating at the end there when he's kicking the guy on the ground... i woulda hurt the guy too... not because the woman needed to be defended, but simply cause im a hard p r i c k that likes hurting people who deserve it :D ... im not about hurting people randomly, but i mean if you gift wrap me a reason to hurt some1 i dont like, my oldskool thug may come out for a few rounds... i havent been in a real street fight for a few years, im just not a crook anymore, but the old criminal minded attitude is still there under all my recent "rehabilitation" :rolleyes:

Kevin73
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
All of you need to rewatch the video closely. Huerta's friend (or someone in the crowd) tries to pull Huerta back and ANOTHER person attacks the black guy and then Huerta and the crowd close in and then you see video of Huerta stomping him while down.

From a legal aspect Huerta would be screwed in a lawsuit. He wasn't defeding the girl at that point, and someone else started to fight the guy and then Huerta jumped in.

Dragonzbane76
08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Look, what HumbleWCGuy is trying to say is that the MMA guy acted like a knucklehead....not unlike many MMA-ists here.

and the guy the decked the woman... he was in the right?

It is also ironic that you of all people should criticize people for missing things going "over their heads"...LOL!

Isn't it ironic that YOU of all people should be talking about MMA at all.... didn't we have this agreement, by the way to stay the fu ck away from each other....?

wiz cool c
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
That was fricken great, guy totally deserved it, huge guy knocks out a girl when she isn't even looking. That UFC fighter is a hero. Poor baby got his head stomped. In Hindu religious laws, that guy can be killed. He is what they call an aggressor. Attack from behind,poison someones food,set fire to someones house all punishable by death.

Syn7
08-23-2010, 08:49 PM
That was fricken great, guy totally deserved it, huge guy knocks out a girl when she isn't even looking. That UFC fighter is a hero. Poor baby got his head stomped. In Hindu religious laws, that guy can be killed. He is what they call an aggressor. Attack from behind,poison someones food,set fire to someones house all punishable by death.

thats no joke... better behave...