PDA

View Full Version : Best streetfighter in mma

Ultimatewingchun
08-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Nice thread on the UG. Let's do it here.

Here's a list of candidates:

Fedor Emelianenko
Bas Rutten
Don Frye
Ramage Jackson
Wanderlai Silva
Vitor Belfort
Roger Huerta
Mirko Cro Cop
Tank Abbott
Marco Ruas
Antonio Noguiera
Frank Shamrock
Ken Shamrock
Mark Coleman
Jens Pulver

.....and just for the sake of pure ferocity and punching power, lets also include Marciano, Tyson, Duran, Hearns, Pryor, Foreman, and Dempsey.

What say you guys?

HumbleWCGuy
08-06-2010, 08:11 AM
in a one on one street fight I have to go with Coleman His double to ground and pound with the headbutt was a riddle that never really got solved it just got side-stepped in a rules change.

My next pick might be Big George because most of these guys would get KOed by a stiff foreman jab. Forget about a cross or anything "serious." Also, a young George Foreman is a level of athlete that mma hasn't seen yet.

BJJ-Blue
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
You might want to add Lee Murray to that list. He is most well known for a certain street fight.

Ultimatewingchun
08-06-2010, 09:32 AM
What fight is that?

BJJ-Blue
08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
What fight is that?

He supposedly had a street fight with Tito Ortiz.

Also, have you guys seen the Roger Huerta streetfight video yet?

Frost
08-06-2010, 10:29 AM
He supposedly had a street fight with Tito Ortiz.

Also, have you guys seen the Roger Huerta streetfight video yet?

lee murray wrecked tito outside a night club in the uk :)

he would get my vote, he has had dozens of street fights and destroyed guys standing and with suplexs lol

Lucas
08-06-2010, 10:29 AM
suplex on concrete = fukin ouch

Hebrew Hammer
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
You have to be kidding me...

CHUCK NORRIS hands down.

Frost
08-06-2010, 10:35 AM
suplex on concrete = fukin ouch

yep if i remember rightly he got into it wirth some gypsies, he decked one with a left hook and suplexed the other on his head

he is a very good and mean fighter

Lucas
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
who doesnt love suplexing gypsies? :D ;)

Frost
08-06-2010, 10:54 AM
who doesnt love suplexing gypsies? :D ;)

he was well known in certain circles as the man to try it on with, even before getting into MMA, he ran his own door business and was often seen handing issues himself...why tito thought it would be a good idea to start a fight with a known striker, known street fighter, and a known criminal is beyond me :)

goju
08-06-2010, 10:54 AM
yes tito supposedly rushed murray and tried to throw a hook murray ducks under it comes up and drops tito then stomps on his melon while hes down

lol at the gyspy fight what a nut

Frost
08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
yes tito supposedly rushed murray and tried to throw a hook murray ducks under it comes up and drops tito then stomps on his melon while hes down

about the time he was arrested for the bank job there were alot of old murray stories put up on MMA.tv by people they were funny as f*ck :)

the only other person on the list to get my vote would be cro cop, he after all was ex special forces but other than that murray is the one guy not to mess with

Hebrew Hammer
08-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Lee Murray a colorful story but gets destroyed by Anderson Silva.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7zz37_anderson-silva-vs-lee-murray-part-3_sport

rivermma02
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I would think that Bas Rutten would be a bad ass street fighter.

Frost
08-07-2010, 02:26 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7zz37_anderson-silva-vs-lee-murray-part-3_sport

put them in the street and id pick murray to be honest

HumbleWCGuy
08-07-2010, 05:19 AM
IMO, there is too much difference in the ring-fighting ability for Murray to overcome Silva in the street. Silva is a true MMAist so I doubt that Murray could pull something out that Silva would not be ready for. Just maybe Murray could put up a better showing in the street than the cage but I can't see him winning against silva.

Hebrew Hammer
08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
put them in the street and id pick murray to be honest

Why would you say that? Didn't Murray almost die getting knifed on the street?

Frost
08-07-2010, 11:45 AM

not sure probably he has been in enough fights, he has been knifed, been attacked by groups probably shot at , fact is he was the guy in that part of london to test yourself against, add to that the security firm stuff he has done and he has real street experience, he also has knock out power and is used to fighting without gloves etc

SoCo KungFu
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Also, a young George Foreman is a level of athlete that mma hasn't seen yet.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LSWCTN1
08-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Nice thread on the UG. Let's do it here.

Here's a list of candidates:

Fedor Emelianenko
Bas Rutten
Don Frye
Ramage Jackson
Wanderlai Silva
Vitor Belfort
Roger Huerta
Mirko Cro Cop
Tank Abbott
Marco Ruas
Antonio Noguiera
Frank Shamrock
Ken Shamrock
Mark Coleman
Jens Pulver

.....and just for the sake of pure ferocity and punching power, lets also include Marciano, Tyson, Duran, Hearns, Pryor, Foreman, and Dempsey.

What say you guys?

I'm **** near sure that there is a vid of Coleman in a streetfight (or is it Hendo?) its CCTV footage from a bar and I'm convinced that Wallid Ismael is involved too.

lee murray wrecked tito outside a night club in the uk :)

he would get my vote, he has had dozens of street fights and destroyed guys standing and with suplexs lol

never heard the suplexes thing, but wouldnt put it past him, he was an absolute legend around here before any mma training too...

The gypsy thing doesnt surprise me, hence

he did yes, but was back training 6? weeks later. and this was the result of a fued with local travellers i am led to believe

IMO, there is too much difference in the ring-fighting ability for Murray to overcome Silva in the street. Silva is a true MMAist so I doubt that Murray could pull something out that Silva would not be ready for. Just maybe Murray could put up a better showing in the street than the cage but I can't see him winning against silva.

have you actually seen the fight? Silva refused to bang with Murray, and even stayed on his back whilst Murray walked around him. On the street Silva would have been decimated

one punched him then kicked his head like a field goal!

watch the full fight...

but my vote goes to tyson. he destroyed that guys career on the street and he would one punch anyone with bare hands.

no doubt about it.

the only defence anyone could have is by not getting caught, and people used to find that pretty difficult

BJJ-Blue
08-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Many of the Gracies had their share of street fights in Brazil as well.

HumbleWCGuy
08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Of course, you have probably never seen any vintage boxing footage so you really don't know what you are talking about. If you have seen a lot of vintage footage, with that comment, it is clear that you don't know anything.

Frost
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Of course, you have probably never seen any vintage boxing footage so you really don't know what you are talking about. If you have seen a lot of vintage footage, with that comment, it is clear that you don't know anything.

he was a good athlete but you have had olyimpic champs compete in MMA not to mention K1 full time pros as well, Kerr was a machine, etc there have been great athetes in MMA

BJJ-Blue
08-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Foreman has actually said had MMA been around back then, he may well have entered MMA instead of boxing.

m1k3
08-11-2010, 12:48 PM

I remember watching the young George Foreman when it was live. George was awesomely strong but I don't believe his conditioning was any better that a professional MMA fighter. Probably the best conditioned combat sports athletes are wrestlers.

sanjuro_ronin
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Conditoning is sport specific, it's a waste of time comparing one with the other.
The best conditioned athletes are the ones that are well conditioned for what they do.

Lucas
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Thats why I do all my endurance training in the bedroom BADAAOOUUU!

Frost
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Conditoning is sport specific, it's a waste of time comparing one with the other.
The best conditioned athletes are the ones that are well conditioned for what they do.

true hence why so many wrestlers gas in mma, 3 x 5 minute rounds calls for a totally different conditioning setup than 3 minute rounds

LSWCTN1
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Frost, you're at Leicester Shoot right?

Wandy is coming to you buddy!

HumbleWCGuy
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I remember watching the young George Foreman when it was live. George was awesomely strong but I don't believe his conditioning was any better that a professional MMA fighter. Probably the best conditioned combat sports athletes are wrestlers.

He is a better athlete; the conditioning is beside the point. MMA fighters right now are guys who couldn't play football or basketball on the high-school level so they wrestled. George Foreman is the hardest puncher to ever live; not because of conditiong, he was/is a genetic marvel.

Frost
08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Frost, you're at Leicester Shoot right?

Wandy is coming to you buddy!

checks diary and starts saving money :)

Faruq
08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Is there video of that anywhere, like youtube or someplace?

southernrock
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Igor Vovchanchyn: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32uba_igor-vovchanchyn-hi-by-damien_sport

ghostexorcist
08-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Igor Vovchanchyn: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32uba_igor-vovchanchyn-hi-by-damien_sport

I love the headbutt at 0:27.

southernrock
08-21-2010, 04:58 AM
I love the headbutt at 0:27.

Yeah, he really chambered that one! He had tremendous power and toughness, and was absolutely fearless, and he had the killer instinct in spades.

All in all, he would have been a real terror in a street fight.

Syn7
08-22-2010, 09:42 AM

what did silva hand him after the fight that murray threw away???

just awhile ago i saw a fight where the guy handed the loser a lil plastic trophy that just ****ed the other guy right off... cant remember who it was tho... may have been boxing... cant remember...

Syn7
08-22-2010, 09:50 AM
i'd love to see vids of huas streett fighting in his prime... i have no proof and his cage career was pretty short in america and the billions of vale tudo fights are either not filmed or atleast i cant find many... but apparently he was an absolute destroyer when he was younger... i always liked his style...

i doubt the best street fighter is on that list... and some guys, even tho great mma champions, dont belong there...

Syn7
08-22-2010, 10:51 AM
i vote for macho man randy savage or the ultimate warrior... clearly their wrestle-fu is superior to all others... i mean, come on, look at all those hits they can take... elbow to the face off the top ropes and they still get up and kick ass... clearly they are more hardcore than any ***gy triad street fighter or special forces killing robot machines... :rolleyes:

YALL BETTER WRECKONIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimatewingchun
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Okay, who wins these streetfights?
.................................................. ..

Fedor/Don Frye

Cro Cop/Mark Colman

Bas Rutten/Nog

Roberto Duran/Aaron Pryor (without his dirty water bottle)

George Foreman/Ken Shamrock

Rocky Marciano/Marco Ruas

Wanderlai Silva/Tommy Hearns

monji112000
08-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Okay, who wins these streetfights?
.................................................. ..

Fedor/Don Frye

Cro Cop/Mark Colman

Bas Rutten/Nog

Roberto Duran/Aaron Pryor (without his dirty water bottle)

George Foreman/Ken Shamrock

Rocky Marciano/Marco Ruas

Wanderlai Silva/Tommy Hearns

Don Frye vrs Fedor?

WTF kind of match ups are these? are you retarded?

Ultimatewingchun
08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
That's an excellent EXPLANATION of your reasons, monji...

Keep up the good work.