PDA

View Full Version : lashley

Dragonzbane76
08-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Was reading an article on this guy. He's wanting to head for the top of the division in strikefore (heavy weight). Which in all honesty is a pretty stacked division with some well known heavies in it. Thing about it is he hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning that could give him cred. They are hand feeding him guys right now and my point is, what's going to happen when he fights someone of cred.?

here's the article.
]

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/09/bobby-lashley-id-like-to-earn-a-strikeforce-title-shot-in-earl/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Iron_Eagle_76
08-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Depends I guess. Lashley has an excellent wrestling background, much like Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar started out, everyone said he would get destroyed when he fought someone of substance. Aside from his loss to Mir, in which he won the rematch, he also has beat Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, and Heath Herring, not really shabby competition. Same could happen with Lashley, or he could get destroyed. I guess we'll find out.

BJJ-Blue
08-12-2010, 07:08 AM
It's always that age old question; how fast do you bring up a fighter? Time will tell how Lashley's management team did in that regard soon enough.

Frost
08-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Depends I guess. Lashley has an excellent wrestling background, much like Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar started out, everyone said he would get destroyed when he fought someone of substance. Aside from his loss to Mir, in which he won the rematch, he also has beat Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, and Heath Herring, not really shabby competition. Same could happen with Lashley, or he could get destroyed. I guess we'll find out.

not being funny but randy is a lightheavywieght who still managed to stand up easily against brock and do very well in the clinch, herring a journeyman and carwin would have beaten him if he actually had a gas tank, he is still a fighter with a lot of questions

Lashley will get creamed by the likes of overeem and fedor he needs to wor on alot of things

Dragonzbane76
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
beaten him if he actually had a gas tank,

haha 0-60 in 3 mins. then empty. . :p

Frost
08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
haha 0-60 in 3 mins. then empty. . :p

typical wrestler mentality to training and conditioning balls to the wall all the way, works great in wrestling when rounds are 2-3 mins and only 1 round i believe, not so good in a championship match that can last 30 minutes

SoCo KungFu
08-15-2010, 02:49 PM
typical wrestler mentality to training and conditioning balls to the wall all the way, works great in wrestling when rounds are 2-3 mins and only 1 round i believe, not so good in a championship match that can last 30 minutes

Most wrestlers have insane conditioning. Look at Faber, Huerta, Guida, Hughes, Couture, etc. Hell look at Sonnen.

Its got more to do with Carwin being 35 years old and still working his engineering job while trying to do MMA on the side.