PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis "YKS" WCK

t_niehoff
08-12-2010, 08:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/stan4900#p/a

Remember 'Yoshi' and his so-called YKS WCK (headed by Eddie Ma and Lee McField) group in St. Louis? This will give you a good idea of what they do.

Yoshiyahu
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Yes that is my Senior Brother in the Wing Chun. I believe this video is just a basic beginner drill. Or as we say Basic self defense techniques. But I am sure my brother would love to demostrate with you that his Wing Chun is battlefield ready anytime you want to meet at forest park. I will also tell him that you liked his videos.

Thanks for the publicity!

This video is just a prelimary run before actually putting quality videos up. Also please check the Sil Lim Tau videos!

If your in St.Louis and wish to spar him let me know. I will pass the word on!

sanjuro_ronin
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Dude, just one word of advice:
NEVER, EVER reach for or teach reach for punches, EVER.
It's just wrong.

Yoshiyahu
08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Define what you mean by reach for punches? What does this mean?

The guy is defending against punches he is not reaching out to intercept them!

It's just wrong.

t_niehoff
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
It's just wrong.

That's the least of their problems.

HumbleWCGuy
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM

I will give you that. Unfortunately, you are going to provide us with an alternative solution that will be equally unworkable so the conversations is dead here.

anerlich
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
It would be entertaining to compare a vid of St Louis "CSL" WCK against the one provided of St Louis "YKS" WCK.

t_niehoff
08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
It would be entertaining to compare a vid of St Louis "CSL" WCK against the one provided of St Louis "YKS" WCK.

Well, you won't see a video of St. Louis CSL WCK as there is no St. Louis CSL WCK.

Phil Redmond
08-12-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/stan4900#p/a

Remember 'Yoshi' and his so-called YKS WCK (headed by Eddie Ma and Lee McField) group in St. Louis? This will give you a good idea of what they do.
Did a woman say, have you seen my .38? around :40 in the clip? I've heard that St. Louis is a rough town. . . . lol

sanjuro_ronin
08-13-2010, 05:59 AM

Well, its the easiest to fix, LOL !
;)

sanjuro_ronin
08-13-2010, 06:03 AM

He is reaching out to "block" and that is a big no-no.
In other words, his defending hand is moving TOO far away from his body, leaving him open to counters, fakes and being hit by flying woodland creatures.
:D
Dude, basic defense 101: Never do more than you have to, to defend against anything.
Extending your defense to "block" or "intercept" brings your limb to far out where it can be contolled, trapped and immobilised and leaves your body and head open for strikes, not to mention that if the initial strike is a fake, your "block" will be blocking nothing and you will be more open.

HumbleWCGuy
08-13-2010, 06:50 AM
He is reaching out to "block" and that is a big no-no.
In other words, his defending hand is moving TOO far away from his body, leaving him open to counters, fakes and being hit by flying woodland creatures.
:D
Dude, basic defense 101: Never do more than you have to, to defend against anything.
Extending your defense to "block" or "intercept" brings your limb to far out where it can be contolled, trapped and immobilised and leaves your body and head open for strikes, not to mention that if the initial strike is a fake, your "block" will be blocking nothing and you will be more open.

He reached for a couple, the real issue isn't so much reaching is that they were being stationary, probably for the camera. WC parries require footwork. Something is lost when you just stand there. This is where the debate about peopled adding hard blocks and covers to WC comes in. If you get caught stationary like that the WC parries no longer work the way they are supposed to.

Those punches were pretty sloppy. It could be the result of realizing that he could not give real energy if they were to just stand there stationary. How much of that would have been on camera if real energy were given? However, the way that he was dropping the wu sao/guard while punching and leaving their chins up ridiculously was loosing him some credibility.

JPinAZ
08-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Well, you won't see a video of St. Louis CSL WCK as there is no St. Louis CSL WCK.

That's for sure, at least not from you!

t_niehoff
08-13-2010, 10:32 AM
That's for sure, at least not from you!

Of course not from me. CSL WCK is a curriculum, and I don't teach so I have no need for a curriculum.

couch
08-13-2010, 10:46 AM

Best quote in a long time. Flying woodland creatures painted a wonderful and funny picture in my head.

Yoshiyahu
08-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Best quote in a long time. Flying woodland creatures painted a wonderful and funny picture in my head.

Let me guess you got a fuzzy feeling inside?

Rolling Fists
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
It's just wrong.

That's correct. And also never ever teach the son to perform the Siu Lam salute with the wrong hand formation. That is... unless the son has a mission to unify Pak Mei with Wing Tsun and he needs a new salutation to differentiate his new system.

HumbleWCGuy
08-14-2010, 04:24 AM
That's correct. And also never ever teach the son to perform the Siu Lam salute with the wrong hand formation. That is... unless the son has a mission to unify Pak Mei with Wing Tsun and he needs a new salutation to differentiate his new system.

LOL, I didn't catch that before. However, the salutation isn't based on martial arts whim. It is a cultural thing so you can't really change it without being offensive. The kid is young. I have young students who have trouble with being consistent on that.

Frost
08-14-2010, 04:39 AM

are you looking at the same video as we are...you know the one where the kid is reaching for every punch :rolleyes:

Yoshiyahu
08-17-2010, 08:22 AM
are you looking at the same video as we are...you know the one where the kid is reaching for every punch :rolleyes:

whats your definition of reaching for a punch and whats your definition of intercepting the punch?

CFT
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
It's "reaching for a punch" when the punch actually poses no threat to you, i.e. it is out of range. They should be training about one step closer.

The puncher should be giving enough energy to move the "receiver", and the receiver's interceptions should affect the balance/structure of the puncher.

Wayfaring
08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
whats your definition of reaching for a punch and whats your definition of intercepting the punch?

In HFY WCK the sup ming dim, or 10 bright points determine the measure of what is reaching and what is intercepting.

t_niehoff
08-17-2010, 10:46 AM
In HFY WCK the sup ming dim, or 10 bright points determine the measure of what is reaching and what is intercepting.

Oh, boy! Sup ming dim. Care to explain?

Or, can I guess what that means? If your hand goes out and you see 10 bright points of light (from getting popped) that means you reached? ;)

Wayfaring
08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh, boy! Sup ming dim. Care to explain?

Not really. You're not interested, remember?

Or, can I guess what that means? If your hand goes out and you see 10 bright points of light (from getting popped) that means you reached? ;)
Or if I engage in debate on the Internet with T, the 10 bright points are far-away stars in the constellation Canis Major, towards which the logical reasoning of the discussion will be traveling. :D:D:D

t_niehoff
08-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Not really. You're not interested, remember?

Yeah, my bad. Sorry. What was I thinking?

I just sometimes get a kick out of some of these things Garrett comes up with.

Wayfaring
08-17-2010, 11:13 AM

Well I'm glad I could provide some entertainment to make up a "bright point" in your day. Har, har, har.

Hendrik
08-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Well I'm glad I could provide some entertainment to make up a "bright point" in your day. Har, har, har.

"Bright point " is a term from the Tibetian escoteric Buddhism, how the term get to WCK and Shao Lin which is Zen Buddhism?

Some one must be very creative.

and just hope that Creativity is put into a constructive used. a part of human Evolution right?

Wayfaring
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
"Bright point " is a term from the Tibetian escoteric Buddhism, how the term get to WCK and Shao Lin which is Zen Buddhism?

Some one must be very creative.

and just hope that Creativity is put into a constructive used. a part of human Evolution right?

Hendrik,

You're a pretty entertaining guy yourself. ;)

JPinAZ
08-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Rriiiggghhhtt, not interested :rolleyes:
Your attachment to HFY is still plain as day. You act like you're not interested, yet comment on almost every post by HFY members. Either you're hiding a secret crush for HFY, or your trolling. Funny also is how many times you whined and cried like a baby saying 'I want nothing to do with HFY, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone WWAAAAAAHHH!!'. Sad how you forget that time and again.

If you want to talk about making things up, I can repost Alan's quote about how CSL is made up, he's said it so many times ;)

Eric_H
08-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Yeah, it's certainly not as inventive (or gross sounding) as the "Sticky Body" nonsense of CSL :rolleyes:

chusauli
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it's certainly not as inventive (or gross sounding) as the "Sticky Body" nonsense of CSL :rolleyes:

It's not "Sticky Body" but "Sticking body".

"Sticky body" is what you boys do when you play with yourselves. :)

"Sticking body" is akin to lovemaking to a woman, when you are attached.

Wayfaring
08-17-2010, 09:08 PM
"Sticking body" is akin to lovemaking to a woman, when you are attached.

So let me follow this train of logic here. You correct me where I get it wrong, OK? "Sticking body" is something you teach, right? And it's part of the CSL WCK curriculum I take it, right? So it's your wing chun. And wing chun is to be used for fighting. Right so far?

Next, we have this bit about "akin to lovemaking to a woman, when you are attached." So we're still talking about the same subject, right? Sticking body? And this is your wing chun? And it's your fighting method?

Except when you're fighting, you're like not doing it to a woman, you're doing it to OTHER GUYS? To whom you are "attached"?

Hmmmm. I must say, man, the conclusion that this leads me to is.......

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/172607221_7853155cdd_m.jpg

JPinAZ
08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Too funny - getting owned by Erik Estrada!!

t_niehoff
08-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Rriiiggghhhtt, not interested :rolleyes:
Your attachment to HFY is still plain as day. You act like you're not interested, yet comment on almost every post by HFY members.

It's like a train wreck -- I can't look away! :)

Either you're hiding a secret crush for HFY, or your trolling. Funny also is how many times you whined and cried like a baby saying 'I want nothing to do with HFY, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone WWAAAAAAHHH!!'. Sad how you forget that time and again.

If you or others don't want questions about HYF, then don't post. Then you won't need to worry.

If you want to talk about making things up, I can repost Alan's quote about how CSL is made up, he's said it so many times ;)

And do you see a huge difference? We admit it. No one is trying to trick anyone with false history. CSL is made up just like YM WCK is made up, just like SN WCK is made up, etc. So how is this a big deal? Who gives a sh1t? Robert's curriculum -- and that is all CSL WCK is -- is his "textbook" for teaching WCK, and essentially is comprised of YM WCK and Gu Lao WCK but with a certain focuses.

t_niehoff
08-18-2010, 04:29 AM

Robert didn't invent this, it is a very basic extension of chi sao (just as chi gerk is an extension) -- as I recall, many prominent YM WCK practitioners, like Ho Kam Ming (and his student Augustine Fong) and others also teach "sticky body".

Are you saying that you never learned this?

t_niehoff
08-18-2010, 04:49 AM
So let me follow this train of logic here.

Ah, you do know that Robert was being facetious, right?

Wayfaring
08-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Ah, you do know that Robert was being facetious, right?

You do know that I was being h-u-m-o-r-o-u-s, right? That's like the word that's synonymous for funny?

Oh, never mind. You wouldn't understand.

JPinAZ
08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
It's like a train wreck -- I can't look away! :)

What ever makes you feel better. Oh, and I thought you said you would never talk with me again. Like 5 to 10 times by now.. something like 'waaahhh, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone... wwaaahhh'. Yet here you are

If you or others don't want questions about HYF, then don't post. Then you won't need to worry.

I welcome questions, and I'm not worried about a turd like you. Your fixation/crush/trolling on HFY is evident - you even admit you can't take your eyes off it. That's why, after all your whining and crying for 'us' to leave you alone, you keep coming back for more over and over! You attachment is kinda creepy if you ask me.

And do you see a huge difference? We admit it. No one is trying to trick anyone with false history. CSL is made up just like YM WCK is made up, just like SN WCK is made up, etc. So how is this a big deal? Who gives a sh1t?

Apparently you do. Since you had to make it up, you are projecting that onto everyone else. Sorry you all had to make it all up, I guess that's only what happens when your sifu never finished the system under a single teacher.
For me, there's nothing to admit. HFY is pretty complete so far from everything I've learned and tested in the past 8 years. No reason to make up anything (except maybe some drills, but that's common for all MA's).
I'm done talking with a wannabe like you. Good luck with your training, sitting on the sidelines, trolling or whatever else it is you do :rolleyes:

t_niehoff
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
What ever makes you feel better. Oh, and I thought you said you would never talk with me again. Like 5 to 10 times by now.. something like 'waaahhh, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone... wwaaahhh'. Yet here you are

How old are you, 10 or something? Whining like a little girl.

I welcome questions, and I'm not worried about a turd like you. Your fixation/crush/trolling on HFY is evident - you even admit you can't take your eyes off it. That's why, after all your whining and crying for 'us' to leave you alone, you keep coming back for more over and over! You attachment is kinda creepy if you ask me.

I've come to really enjoy Red Flag WCK and you guys. ;)

Apparently you do. Since you had to make it up, you are projecting that onto everyone else. Sorry you all had to make it all up, I guess that's only what happens when your sifu never finished the system under a single teacher.
For me, there's nothing to admit. HFY is pretty complete so far from everything I've learned. No reason to make up anything. I'm done talking with a wannabe like you. Good luck with you training :rolleyes:

What does it matter whether you "finished the system" - by which I suppose you mean complete the curriculum of WCK -- under one teacher or more? And, fwiw, Robert "finished the system" of several branches of WCK under one teacher. Seriously, if you are going to make up lies, it does make a difference if it pertains to some significant matter!

I'm very happy that Garrett was able to make up such a complete system as Red Flag WCK for you. ;)

PS - I just wanted to add that the "Red Flag" comments were just me being h-u-m-e-r-o-u-s. :)

Wayfaring
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
PS - I just wanted to add that the "Red Flag" comments were just me being h-u-m-e-r-o-u-s. :)

Good. I'm glad you found your sense of "humer". I would hate to have to open up another jug of that insecticide on you. :D:D:D

t_niehoff
08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Good. I'm glad you found your sense of "humer". I would hate to have to open up another jug of that insecticide on you. :D:D:D

****! I mis-typed. Of course, I meant to spell it i-r-o-n-i-c. ;)

Yoshiyahu
08-19-2010, 08:21 AM

For me, there's nothing to admit. HFY is pretty complete so far from everything I've learned and tested in the past 8 years. No reason to make up anything (except maybe some drills, but that's common for all MA's).
I'm done talking with a wannabe like you. Good luck with your training, sitting on the sidelines, trolling or whatever else it is you do :rolleyes:

wow excellent post!!!!