PDA

View Full Version : An iffy iron palm site: "skull crushing power!"

wutymes
08-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I did stumble upon this website selling some iron palm training dvds, but the way it is is marketed is really, really...lacking of taste. It feels like a commercial that comes on at 2am when infomercials are being broadcasted.

I did a little research on the guy who put it together, and it seems he has been training it for a while on his own self interest, but as far as objective results, I haven't found anything.

Here is the said website:

http://www.ironpowerpalm.com/IronPowerPalm.html

I found this on a marketing forum:

I know we're supposed to be non-judgemental (value-free) and all that nowadays but I can't pass this by without saying that some of your approach really bothers me...

"Skull crushing..."

"Deadliest striking skill..."

"Kill an attacker... how would you feel if you could do this?"

07-25-2010, 03:21 AM
gareth

"That screams "BORING" to me.

Really. I want honest hype & excitement. Take a look at Hollywood.

Violence & excitement make $$, really my sales page is lame and boring.

It needs more gore and guts & some testimonials. Iron Palm is a military skill developed for killing. "

Not sure if that's the way to go.. advertising killing and stuff.

Hebrew Hammer
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
His 'Hairy Palm' technique is far deadlier...you've been warned.

chrislomas
08-13-2010, 01:40 AM
I think this is from the company that offered me some cash to do the dvd. Needless to say when I saw the 'tone' of the advertising I turned it down but passed on some names I thought may be a little less fussy :-)

teetsao
08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
this guy approached me an my bro. and wanted to use our names and videos images on his site, in return we got a copy of the book, LOL, we got the book off the net for free. if anyone wants it, p.m. me.

chrislomas
08-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Sorry:o must have been one of your competitors - similar marketing strategy, should have looked more closely:).

IronFist
08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
My book is pretty straight forward and hype free unlike my sales page which I expect to get a copywriter to fix up shortly.

Don't apologize :p

That kind of landing page hype is what sells products on the internet. You can't just be like "hey, this program teaches Iron Palm."

You have to be like:

HEY!
Are you TIRED of GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED???

Have you HAD IT with BEING POOR AND UGLY???

Would you like to be TOUGH and BANG SUPERMODELS?

How would you like to BANG THEM on your YACHT?

And how would you like to pay CASH for that yacht and still have enough money left over to buy HOOKERS AND BLOW for 1,000 of your CLOSEST FRIENDS???

All you need is my SUPER FUN HAPPY MONEY MAKING PRODUCT.

Let me tell you a story.

I used to be poor.

And ugly.

And girls laughed at me.

BUT THEN I DISCOVERED SUPER FUN HAPPY MONEY MAKING PRODUCT and now I have HUGE MUSCLES

AND 15 GIRLFRIENDS (all of which are supermodels)

And 3 yachts

And my OWN AIRPLANE

But it's not some poor person airplane, it's a 747.

I will teach you the SECRETS of becoming TOUGH, and SEXY, and RICH for one low price of only $17!

But hurry, this offer ends soon!

Unfortunately, it's all the **** products (like Forex robots and make money online programs) that use that kind of advertising that kills it for the few decent products out there.

You said you're going to have a copywriter make some changes to your sales page... Seriously though what you should do is come up with a few different sales pages and then get one of those scripts that rotates them and keep stats of which one converts better, and then stick with that one. You probably know that already, though. What you will probably find is that the one with the most hype has the highest sales conversion rate.