PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Niehoff Invitation to spar

Yoshiyahu
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Here Stan is throwing some light punches at his son to show application of certain hand techniques. But at the same time the heaviness and power of his punches is slightly manifested which causes his son to back up from the force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXH9f1WMbY

I would love to see How Terrence Niehoff defends against Stan's punches.

Also I would love to video tape him and stan sparring and post it for you guys to see!

My People are about Sparring...Are you Terrence?

Please don't give me No BS about the YMCA or pay you ten dollars to spar. Just meet at forest park with Stan and spar him and tell us all here how effective his so called Wing Chun really is? An i will provide the video footage to back up your claims!

If you not scared holla if you hear me!!!!

Liddel
08-13-2010, 03:57 PM
My People are about Sparring...Are you ?

Really how bout a video of someone sparring then ?

This isolated, all arms, loss of elbow, slap drill doesn't really meet the requirements IMO.

I hope this is a pi$$ take.

DREW

Xiao3 Meng4
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I am dreaming in technicolor

Fixed that for you.

Yoshiyahu
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Really how bout a video of someone sparring then ?

This isolated, all arms, loss of elbow, slap drill doesn't really meet the requirements IMO.

I hope this is a pi$$ take.

DREW

any time you like to come to st.louis and test his loss of elbow slap drill all arms technique let me know???? there is only way to make you a true believer. Be on the receiving in an see if your stuff works?

Fixed that for you.

what the heck are you are in?

Wayfaring
08-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Please don't give me No BS about the YMCA or pay you ten dollars to spar. Just meet at forest park with Stan and spar him and tell us all here how effective his so called Wing Chun really is? An i will provide the video footage to back up your claims!

If you not scared holla if you hear me!!!!

Now while I think everyone here would love to see this go down, the reality is what you are asking represents a significant legal risk of exposure. There are certainly laws being broken by fighting in a public park.

However, those same laws would not apply if your good buddy Stan would agree to show up at the MMA school that Terence trains at, sign a waiver, put on some pads, and be paired up with T. Then it is a completely different scenario, accomplishes the same goal, and represents no legal risk of exposure. And paying a mat fee to do so is not something you should be complaining about.

So, after all that, how about it big guy? How do you say it - "If you not scared holla"!!!!

:cool:

PS I'll tell you what, if the $10-$20 it will cost is an issue, we'll take up a collection here on PayPal - "pay $1 to see T spar" and cover it for you. We'll have you covered in no time at all.

Yoshiyahu
08-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Now while I think everyone here would love to see this go down, the reality is what you are asking represents a significant legal risk of exposure. There are certainly laws being broken by fighting in a public park.

However, those same laws would not apply if your good buddy Stan would agree to show up at the MMA school that Terence trains at, sign a waiver, put on some pads, and be paired up with T. Then it is a completely different scenario, accomplishes the same goal, and represents no legal risk of exposure. And paying a mat fee to do so is not something you should be complaining about.

So, after all that, how about it big guy? How do you say it - "If you not scared holla"!!!!

:cool:

No legality in a park...We are not going to kill each other? dumb dumb...sorry thats a bit immature...But thats how you made me feel. Why pay some sorta mat fee. Why not meet at a park bring your mma gloves an mouth gaurd and cup. An video tap the whole thing. On the video we both give our written agreement which Terrence being a lawyer knows that this is perfectly admissible. Give our verbal agreement on the video. We can do some hard sparring or some light sparring. If you feel like there will be a problem or your afraid I can invite some police officers I know who do martial to watch as witnesses and you can invite anyone you want to be witnesses...So that way we can know there will be no one trying to blackmail, sue, or bring up any civil cases. Anyway as for Waiver. If you have a Waiver bring it with you. I am sure he will sign it.

as for you Wayaring? How would you like to come meet on mutual ground and try me out buddY? when are you going to St.Louis...

Anyway Stan has offer his invititation to Terrence Niehoff and Sanjuro he is offering it to you too!

Wayfaring
08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
No legality in a park...We are not going to kill each other? dumb dumb...sorry thats a bit immature...But thats how you made me feel. Why pay some sorta mat fee.

Why not pay the mat fee? Or take us up on the offer to pay it for you?

Why not meet at a park bring your mma gloves an mouth gaurd and cup. An video tap the whole thing. On the video we both give our written agreement which Terrence being a lawyer knows that this is perfectly admissible.

Fighting in a park could adversely affect T's job. Fighting in a MMA school would not.

Give our verbal agreement on the video. We can do some hard sparring or some light sparring. If you feel like there will be a problem or your afraid I can invite some police officers I know who do martial to watch as witnesses and you can invite anyone you want to be witnesses...So that way we can know there will be no one trying to blackmail, sue, or bring up any civil cases. Anyway as for Waiver. If you have a Waiver bring it with you. I am sure he will sign it.

All of which is easily handled by just training at a MMA school. Why have to go through all the steps? Why are you so reluctant to spar at a MMA school?

as for you Wayaring? How would you like to come meet on mutual ground and try me out buddY? when are you going to St.Louis...

Dude, if you can't come up with $10 to spar in a YMCA, I seriously doubt you're coming up with airfare to fly me out there. And if I do make it on my own sometime, you gotta stand in line. I already have an agreement to kick T's @$$ first.

HumbleWCGuy
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Fighting in a park could adversely affect T's job. Fighting in a MMA school would not.

NO IT WOULD NOT. When I was an undergraduate we got together and sparred anywhere we could. Heck, we even sparred in the wal mart parking lot to get the feel of a "street fight."

I think what needs to happen is an even match between to guys of about the same age to demonstrate their wing chun. These guys put up some videos and Terrence says that he knows better. Two physically matched competitors squaring off within the prescribed limits of a WC match would adequately determine who is correct.

If I have learned anything about Terrence, he will try to make it about MMA versus Wing Chun because he will want to set up a situation where 24 year-old professional fighters will be teeing off on non-professional, 50 year old WCers. This will stop T. from getting handed a beating by a WCer and somehow be twisted into a victory for his ideals.

Wayfaring
08-13-2010, 08:34 PM
NO IT WOULD NOT. When I was an undergraduate we got together and sparred anywhere we could. Heck, we even sparred in the wal mart parking lot to get the feel of a "street fight."

While you may get away with that kind of thing, there are no guarantees you will. I have a friend who now has a FELONY conviction for doing specifically that kind of thing. But state law varies as well as enforcement traditions across the country and other countries.

I think what needs to happen is an even match between to guys of about the same age to demonstrate their wing chun. These guys put up some videos and Terrence says that he knows better. Two physically matched competitors squaring off within the prescribed limits of a WC match would adequately determine who is correct.

Sure.

If I have learned anything about Terrence, he will try to make it about MMA versus Wing Chun because he will want to set up a situation where 24 year-old professional fighters will be teeing off on non-professional, 50 year old WCers. This will stop T. from getting handed a beating by a WCer and somehow be twisted into a victory for his ideals.

Seriously? Is that the fear here of going into an MMA school? That somehow you will show up, pay a $10 mat fee, sign a waiver, and instead have to spar a 24 yr old pro fighter? How ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that happen.

And besides, what's so hard about sparring a 24 yr old pro fighter? If I get down to St. Loius I look forward to doing that both before and after sparring with T. Why should he get all the fun?

Frost
08-14-2010, 02:23 AM

the problem is T argues wing chuns training methods are inferior to MMAs and produce inferior students, so to test this the wing chun guy should go up against an amature MMA guy the same age and experiene level, to guys who have studied the same inferior methods sparring with thos methods really doesnt prove anything.

And no club worth its salt puts a new student in with a pro, he would be matched with an amature so whats the problem?

HumbleWCGuy
08-14-2010, 03:19 AM
While you may get away with that kind of thing, there are no guarantees you will. I have a friend who now has a FELONY conviction for doing specifically that kind of thing. But state law varies as well as enforcement traditions across the country and other countries.

I live in the United States as does T. There is no where that It is considered a crime to backyard box or train martial arts that I know of. As long as a match stays within the confines of sparring, and used the trappings of competition like gloves, shinguard, cup, and perhaps headgear, no one would even give it a second glance.

HumbleWCGuy
08-14-2010, 03:44 AM
the problem is T argues wing chuns training methods are inferior to MMAs and produce inferior students, so to test this the wing chun guy should go up against an amature MMA guy the same age and experiene level, to guys who have studied the same inferior methods sparring with thos methods really doesnt prove anything.

Since T. Claims that this guys WC is crap and is presumably an even match in terms of experience, age, and weight, T. should Spar him to clarify his points. Moreover, T. has supposedly applied the MMA training methods to WC so he can prove his point on his own.

And no club worth its salt puts a new student in with a pro, he would be matched with an amature so whats the problem?

Not really. Depending on how T. frames it to these guys they could turn into raging cry babies and anything could happen. T. has not shown himself to be honest. People who haven't seen him post lie and half truth after lie and half truth might believe what he says. Terrence doesn't represent himself or any of his teachers well so I would not go to anyplace affiliated with him and expect professionalism. Of course, he could just bring the wife (and her .38) along with a few fellas to keep things fair.

Whatever, the situation, If I were to walk into someone elses's gym to accept a challenge, I would probably just call the head instructor at the gym and explain the situation and what I think the resolution is which is a fair kickboxing/WC match between me and T. If the gym owner is cool with it, I would show up; and if he were not, T. and I would have to make other arrangements. T. seems to lie a lot so I would not leave it to him to communicate my expectations to the gym owner.

Who is the beginner here that you are talking about?

Liddel
08-14-2010, 06:32 AM
any time you like to come to st.louis and test his loss of elbow slap drill all arms technique let me know???? there is only way to make you a true believer. Be on the receiving in an see if your stuff works?

New Zealand is rather far away and at this point in time your dollar goes further, message me when you land.

Until then how about if you say
My people are about sparring, you then post a vid of said sparring, because what we all see in this vid is and i'm sure you can agree NOT sparring.

I point this out to help. If T puts in the work he describes then i'm afraid this guy in the vid will get his ass handed to him even if this is limited to a stand up match.

People are getting into the legalities without addressing the first issue, that being of this guys ability.

If anyone else here disagrees this was a poor example of sparring then ill just stick to eating popcorn and sit back to watch the vid of this cake walk. As much as it pains me to say it - ive got $10 on Terrence. :o

Wayfaring
08-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I live in the United States as does T. There is no where that It is considered a crime to backyard box or train martial arts that I know of. As long as a match stays within the confines of sparring, and used the trappings of competition like gloves, shinguard, cup, and perhaps headgear, no one would even give it a second glance.

The problem my friend faced is that it started out with that verbal agreement, except in a NHB format. Then, when his opponent was overwhelmed, taken down, and GNP'd all of that changed. Someone had video on it, no audio, only the fight portion. The park they were at was on college property. In that instance an unrelated prior school shooting had triggered prosecutorial laws related to violence on school property escalating any charges on school property. The prosecutor, in spite of testimony of witnesses, used the video to pursue a felony assault charge. It was pleaded down to no jail time and probation, but still a felony charge because the other guy was busted up. They used the video to show how he continued to attack. My friend ended up pretty screwed over there.

So no, you can't always count on America and the goodwill of people.

The second problem is with corporate image. It is one thing to have "competition video" of yourself out on the internet within the confines of training MMA. It is quite another to have video altercations in a park. Those are types of things that can be discovered on background checks and can flag all sorts of things causing people to lose jobs, contracts, clearances, etc. They also can lead to legal consequence, either criminal or civil.

So with all of this type of thing, my main message to people is to be smart. Yes, training martial arts in a park is no big deal. But anything that could have the appearance of an altercation is a completely different scenario. That is just the world we live in people.