PDA

View Full Version : Kwon CHi 'DO'

RAVEN Todd Brenson
09-12-2000, 10:45 PM
Hello I want to introduce to you all, a New Style of martial arts Its Based off of kung fu and other martial arts styles,combinded to one style,And with my 15 years of studie in the martial arts I have designed this style to enhance my studies of martial arts Published a book also called Kwon Chi'Do' For self defence studies and I am also the founder of this new enhanced style.The way I came up with this style Ounce at a turnament I riped both my thie muscles and I was layed up for two years,had to quit my studies and came up with my own of power puches and kicks that do not need streching excersises what so ever,so thats basicaly were I came up with my founded style. contact me at brenson@mwt.net If you have any guestions on my new style.

------------------

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-13-2000, 08:36 PM
Todd:

http://216.219.234.88/forum/roundtable/rolleyes.gif I'm a little disturbed about the fact that you say you created a style. First off, 15 years of martial arts studies does not qualify you to CREATE ANYTHING!

This is what is wrong with some of the people that practice martial arts, once in awhile you get a person who thinks that he needs to create a new system.

Let me educate you a little, unless you have developed a method of how to throw a punch coming out of your ear, "YOU HAVE NOT CREATED A THING". Your story sounds to much like the Bruce Lee story.

Most of the styles that would have been created, have been created!, what anyone can do now is come up with different concepts of doing things. And by the way what does Kwon Chi Do mean? So, what do people call you now GrandMaster?

I don't think you have had the time or experience to master what you started learning in the first place. I know of people here in NY that have done the same and they would invite my school to come down and spar, and I was embarrased for the so called Grandmaster, because he couldn't beat my 3 year student.

I'm pretty sure you are a nice guy and that your heart is in the right place, but man go back to your roots and stick to them. I've been training for the past 31 years and still going strong. Your lack of knowledge and experience in the martial arts can only hurt you in the future, let alone the people you will destroy and leave a bad taste in their mouth.

Peace
Ortiz, Sifu

------------------
Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy

sean_stonehart
09-14-2000, 07:15 AM
This sounds like this guy that purported a new art a year or so ago. It was called something like "Ninpo Chi Chuan-fa do" or some such as that. I remember looking over that web site & shaking my head. There was nothing about Ninpo (former practioner), I saw nothing resembling Chuan-fa (Kenpo), etc... It was silly. It sounds like the same thing. I don't recall his name or anything, but this rings of it.

If it's the same guy, he's got a great site about DC Comics "Green Lantern" character, but that's it.

------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

MiamiMantis
09-14-2000, 07:49 AM
Todd, Don't take this the wrong way but what does this have to do with Northern Praying Mantis???? I think you might be in the wrong discussion group...Try karate or some Korean forum. You'll probally get more interest there.