PDA

View Full Version : Lumps on legs?

iron_leg_dave
08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
I do not have a primary atm.

About two weeks ago, I noticed this little filbert sized soft lump on my left shin. It freaked me out at first, but I had started to get used to it.

Lately, I have been doing tai ji/qigong for between 4 and 8 (12 and 24 hour shifts supervising practically independent people with intellectual disabilities) hours a day at work. Every couple of years I have these training binges. I am hoping that that is all that is up, but my tai chi lineage stance work is VERY high and narrow.

Anyway, tonight my legs and feet are visibly swollen and there are a bunch more soft lumps on my lower legs. Quite a few really.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Ease my conscience. I fear the oncologist...

Pork Chop
08-15-2010, 08:04 PM
are you clashing shins a lot or kicking hard things or something?
if those bumps are from impact, then you should massage them with the purpose of breaking them up.
The old stories about glass bottles & rolling pins on the shins was actually to break up the bumps because they can harden and cause problems later.
if you're getting the bumps just from stance work, you may want to go to the doctor.

TenTigers
08-15-2010, 10:21 PM
have your blood pressure checked as well. Swelling of the legs and ankles might be related.

iron_leg_dave
08-19-2010, 06:02 AM
have your blood pressure checked as well. Swelling of the legs and ankles might be related.

Thanks guys.

Shin splints and swollen tissue from the "trauma". I do not think that stancework is traumatic but wtvr. I guess there would be pain telling us to stop training, but because of deep breathing endocrine release covers it up.

It feels good, and obsessive stance training makes walking a breeze.

The swelling is gone now.

If it ever happens to any of you, take some ibuprofen and put your feet up for an hour before bed and it should go away.