PDA

View Full Version : The Expendables II

GeneChing
08-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Sylvester Stallone talks 'Expendables' sequel (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4a25a9f106904fc11649fc1b4acc26d0)
Actor tells THR he's ready to mint another film franchise
By Carl DiOrio
Aug 15, 2010, 02:07 PM ET

At the cusp of a fifth decade of action-movie mayhem, Sylvester Stallone says his No. 1 opening with "The Expendables" ranks among his top career thrills. The muscle-bound multihyphenate chewed the fat with THR's Carl DiOrio about the successful launch of the Lionsgate-distributed picture, which follows the exploits of a group of foreign mercenaries featuring some of the past decades' biggest action stars.

THR: So "The Expendables" opened bigger than anything else you have directed. It seems you're still setting personal bests.

Stallone: I didn't do this all by myself. It was a movie about teamwork, and the team helped make it a success. I always say that if you are a star -- even a faded star -- the light never goes out. You just need to rekindle it.

THR: Have you written a script for a sequel to 'The Expendables'?

Stallone: It's plotted out in my mind's eye. I believe this group has to continue to evolve; it just can't become the same people. So how do you get new people introduced into the group, and how do you have some of the other people leaving? Those are the challenges.

THR: So the challenges remain, eh?

Stallone: My proudest moment ever was not "Rocky," it was the last Rocky picture, "Rocky Balboa." To be able to meet the challenge of completing that series after all these years, that was great. But this one here tops that -- not in an emotional way but for excitement. This should have never happened. (Producer) Avi Lerner really took a big gamble on me with this when nobody else would. I know because I heard about it every day! He kept worrying about the reviews.

THR: 'The Expendables' was never going to be a critical darling.

Stallone: Most action films tend to rub people the wrong way. This is not to disparage critics, but the more physical and brutal an action film is, the least well it is received. It's actually a barometer I use. That, and how many times I hurt myself.

THR: Things turned out well enough though.

Stallone: I never thought we would win this weekend, as we were up against some tough competition. I told Lionsgate and (CEO) Jon Feltheimer and Avi that I'm so grateful how those guys just dug in. Lionsgate hung tough and opened the purses. The campaign worked because it was honest. What you saw in the campaign was what you got. This movie is pure escapism. You just buckle up and enjoy a rocket ship ride down memory lane.

There's already rumors of adding JCVD & Seagal to the cast.

doug maverick
08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
but you never know...stallone and jcvd already had some bad words over it. with stallone calling him crazy and jcvd said all stallone talked about was money and not what character he would play.

GeneChing
08-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybe you're right, Doug. JCVD should stick to films like JCVD (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52214) now.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Van Damme refused to lose to Li in Expendables fight (http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/2010/08/17/15046876.html)
By WENN.COM
Last Updated: August 17, 2010 9:01am

Jean-Claude Van Damme refused to appear in Sylvester Stallone’s all-star action film The Expendables, because he would have to lose a fight to Jet Li.

Stallone corralled a hitlist of Hollywood hard men to appear in the film, but Universal Soldier star Van Damme turned him down, because the Belgian martial arts expert failed to get the movie's satirical undertones.

Stallone tells Britain's Sunday Times, "I wanted to set Jean-Claude against Jet Li, but he didn't want to lose to Jet.

"He didn't think that was cool. But that's why it would be cool; to have Jean-Claude beaten by the other man. Hey, they could have a rematch. But Steven Seagal and Van Damme, they weren't really into our gallows humour."

Van Damme may well be regretting his decision to star alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Li, Dolph Lundgren and Mickey Rourke in The Expendables - the movie shot to number one in America at the weekend.

doug maverick
08-18-2010, 10:12 AM
kurt russell was also offered a role, but turned it down cause he felt (rightly so) that there wouldnt be enough screen time with all the actors involved.

Jimbo
08-18-2010, 06:41 PM
If they could get him, I think Seagal would make a good villain in Pt. 2.

doug maverick
08-18-2010, 08:03 PM
its not if they can get him...cause they dont want him..stallone thinks both him and van damme are nuts.

Lucas
08-18-2010, 08:20 PM
i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.

Jimbo
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I always thought William Forsythe played good villains, but I don't think he'd be considered a choice by Stallone, at least not as a main villain. It would be hilarious if Chuck Norris played the villain (doesn't even have to be a fighting villain, either). They could play on all the Chuck Norris jokes, and if they did it subtley, but still made him this super-bad@$$, it might work. I'm sure Chuck wouldn't do it, though.

GeneChing
08-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist that title....:o

Aug 30 2010 12:40 PM ET
Reasons why Bruce Willis should do 'The Expendables' sequel (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/30/bruce-willis-expendables-sequel/)
by Mandi Bierly
Categories: Middle-Aged Butt-Kicking, Movies

The-ExpendablesSylvester Stallone is moving forward with plotting a sequel to The Expendables, which has now grossed an estimated $82 million domestically. According to his Twitter page*, he’s busy thinking of the most dangerous places to set the film and trying to talk Bruce Willis into playing its super villain. Reasons why Bruce should say yes:

1. The Expendables ($35 million) outperformed 2007′s Live Free or Die Hard in its opening weekend ($33 million), and Live Free or Die Hard was Willis’ best live-action, non-cameo opening weekend since 1998′s Armageddon ($36 million). Moral: Audiences like to see Bruce Willis blow sh– up, and Stallone will most definitely hand him a detonator (or 20).

2. As much as we like the young guns in The Expendables, there was a different kind of electricity when Stallone and Willis shared the screen. They are equals. And that makes for a good antagonist.

3. We’ve already established that Bruce’s character in the Expendables world is bald. We like him bald.

4. We’ve been trained to root for Bruce in action films. Having to root against him — interesting.

5. If this kind of ensemble movie doesn’t live up to expectations, fans will be disappointed (see: 2004′s Ocean’s Twelve), but we will get over it (see: George Clooney’s career since then). You’ve really got nothing to lose. Have fun, Bruce. Go play with Sly in some jungle.

Feel free to add to the list below.

* Sly’s follow list is the world’s eighth wonder: In addition to Harry Knowles, Steve Austin, Jon Favreau, and Bill O’Reilly (all understandable), there’s Howie Mandel and Kim Kardashian.

pmosiun
08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
OMG, that would totally be awesome. Willis, Seagal, Van could team up as the bad guys but how about Mr Terminator?

jethro
09-01-2010, 12:41 AM
There's 4 people that Sly needs to get onboard if he wants the second Expendables to be as successful as the first. Leo Fong, Ron Van Clief, Brigitte Nielson and Richard Harrison.

Jimbo
09-01-2010, 01:47 AM
How's about Jim Kelly, John Saxon and Pam Grier? :)

jethro
09-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Jim Kelly is definitely due for a comeback. Last time time I saw him was in Undercover Brother. Saxon and Grier are a bit too high profile, at least for what I'm looking for. I'm thinking more along the lines of Dale Cook and Eric Lee. :p

Jimbo
09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Then Richard Norton and Cynthia Rothrock! :D Anthony DeLongis would be cool as a co-villain, kinda like Steve Austin was. And Benny Urquidez, which would mean a fight between Jet Li and "The Jet."

jethro
09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Jet vs The Jet. BRILLIANT!!!

Sardinkahnikov
09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
http://x7f.xanga.com/7f0b0ae13843029960290/z20006989.jpg

jethro
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I wonder what Bolo is doing these days. The only movie he's been in in the last 14 years is Blihzney Boy. And apparently no one is allowed to see that movie. There's a video on youtube where he is 64 years old and his Tai Chi is on a very very high level. Van Damme should give him a role. He wouldn't be the semi-star he is today without Bolo.

doug maverick
09-06-2010, 12:32 AM
i think we are all forgetting that this is about western action stars like kurt russel...everyone keeps adding in more and more MA people...doubt its gonna be that way...and im happy it isnt, cause the ma sucked major donkey ass in that movie.

Scott R. Brown
09-06-2010, 06:46 AM
I wonder what Bolo is doing these days. The only movie he's been in in the last 14 years is Blihzney Boy. And apparently no one is allowed to see that movie. There's a video on youtube where he is 64 years old and his Tai Chi is on a very very high level. Van Damme should give him a role. He wouldn't be the semi-star he is today without Bolo.

Hi jethro, could you provide a link please? I looked, but could not find a clip of Bolo doing Tai Chi.

jethro
09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Here's the Bolo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DliPXg1ifOM

Syn7
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM

i saw him in some cheesy movie awhile ago... cant remember the name... it wasnt english or chinese tho... french or italian or something... he was the old master with the pebble in his hand... very lame, very cliche... too bad... i like him in that chen zen movie, where he's hunched over like an ape when he fights... then they hang him... whats that called again??? uugghh, i just cant remember...

Syn7
09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Here's the Bolo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DliPXg1ifOM

he's lost so much weight since the 70's... i wonder when he stopped juicing???

Syn7
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.

really????????

Syn7
09-06-2010, 09:03 PM
How's about Jim Kelly, John Saxon and Pam Grier? :)

isnt jim kelly a tennis coach in compton???

GeneChing
10-04-2010, 10:16 AM
The Cannonball Run of yesterday's action stars. :rolleyes:

Exclusive: Not Even Death Will Stop The Expendables (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70341)
Source: Edward Douglas
October 3, 2010

Earlier today, we were talking with Bruce Willis, who was paired with Karl Urban at the junket for the action-comedy RED. As we were being given the sign to wrap-up, we quickly asked whether or not Willis might talk Sylvester Stallone into finding a place for Karl in the planned sequel for the breakout action hit The Expendables. Sly has already said that he wants his fellow '80s action star to play a bigger role in the sequel after all.

"I talked to Sly and he's going for all the marbles this time, and he's going to get everybody in this time," he told us. "Even Stone Cold Steve Austin who took two bullets in the last film, he's coming back, too. Hopefully, they'll start shooting it while we're young enough to survive."

RED opens nationwide on October 15, but you can forward to a lot more about the movie both with Bruce (and Karl) over on SuperHeroHype soon.

wutymes
10-08-2010, 12:34 AM
The expendables was a bomb here in Korea. I bet they didn't say that in the news.

On opening week the theatre was so empty they didn't even charge for tickets.

On another note I have a personal disgust for the role jet li played..ie a "small weak asian guy" .

doug maverick
08-24-2011, 04:30 PM
ok i just started caring about part 2

Film News
Donnie Yen Joining The Cast Of THE EXPENDABLES 2?

by Hugo Ozman, August 21, 2011 5:34 AM

Action, Asia

According to Hong Kong newspapers, while Donnie Yen and his family were on holidays in the US recently, he was invited to dinner by producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner has offered Yen a 'tailor-made' role in the upcoming sequel to THE EXPENDABLES, which is due to commence shooting in October.

A spokesperson from Yen's company confirmed that there was in fact an offer, and went on to say that Yen may be interested in THE EXPENDABLES, but because he currently has a number of projects to choose from, he will not decide until he sees if the script appeals to him or not.

Back in the early 2000s, Donnie Yen was already working in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Shanghai Knight and Blade II (for which he also acted as fight choreographer). Of course, he is a much bigger star now following the recent success of Ip Man 1 & 2 and BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS.

Shaolinlueb
08-25-2011, 10:42 AM
get Jacki Chen in there too. Have a 3 way fight of Jacki, jet, and Donnie. OMFG I would die a happy man.

GeneChing
09-01-2011, 09:29 AM
This changes everything for me on the sequel

Donnie Yen Joining The Cast Of THE EXPENDABLES 2? (http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/donnie-yen-joining-the-cast-of-the-expendables-2.php)
by Hugo Ozman, August 21, 2011 5:34 AM

According to Hong Kong newspapers, while Donnie Yen and his family were on holidays in the US recently, he was invited to dinner by producer Avi Lerner. Reportedly, Lerner has offered Yen a 'tailor-made' role in the upcoming sequel to THE EXPENDABLES, which is due to commence shooting in October.

A spokesperson from Yen's company confirmed that there was in fact an offer, and went on to say that Yen may be interested in THE EXPENDABLES, but because he currently has a number of projects to choose from, he will not decide until he sees if the script appeals to him or not.

Back in the early 2000s, Donnie Yen was already working in Hollywood, appearing in films such as Shanghai Knight and Blade II (for which he also acted as fight choreographer). Of course, he is a much bigger star now following the recent success of Ip Man 1 & 2 and BODYGUARDS AND ASSASSINS.

Umm, I mean Donnie, of course. Not Taylor.

Taylor Lautner rumored for “The Expendables 2” (http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/index.php/article/2011/08/taylor_lautner_rumored_for_the_expendables_2)
Published August 31, 2011 at 12:09am Updated August 31, 2011 at 12:09am

It appears a sequel to 2010’s Sylvester Stallone-directed “The Expendables” is a go, though so far the only official information we have about the film is that most of the cast (minus Jet Li) will be reprising its role from the original, Simon West (Con Air, Tomb Raider) is slated to direct, and the screenplay was co-written by the guy who penned Muppets from Space (not kidding, look it up!).

But this week, the New York Post (and everyone else, for that matter) is reporting that the producers have compiled a “wish-list” of names to pursue for the sequel, ranging from obvious choices like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nic Cage, and Chuck Norris, to less obvious ones, like Taylor Lautner.

The good news is that, for now, the rumor is just that. While no official offer has been extended to Lautner as of yet, it’s projected that Lionsgate may be looking to capitalize on the young actor’s foray into action with September’s “Abduction,” which is all but guaranteed to decisively suck.

“Expendables 2” starts shooting later this year. The official synopsis (via financier Nu Image) is as follows:

“The Expendables are back and this time it’s personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They’re not the only ones who want blood. Tool’s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now, Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.”

So what role do you see Lautner playing in this? A new member of the Expendables? The “ruthless” dictator? Mickey Rourke’s daughter? Guess we’ll find out in a year; “Expendables 2” hits theaters August 2012.

doug maverick
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
i posted this in the expendables thread forgot there was one made for 2.

GeneChing
09-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I've moved those posts, just for archival sake. You didn't have the Lautner article, so at least I got that. oh yay. :rolleyes:

doug maverick
09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
I've moved those posts, just for archival sake. You didn't have the Lautner article, so at least I got that. oh yay. :rolleyes:

this is true didnt have the lautner one...i actually think thats an interesting fit. if it hold true..people hate this kid because of twilight but at least he can actually do alot of what we will see in abduction..thats gonna be his transition.

GeneChing
09-07-2011, 10:06 AM
JCVD and Chuck Norris Officially Confirmed to Join 'Expendables 2'? (http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/jcvd-and-chuck-norris-officially-confirmed-to-join-expendables-2/)
September 5, 2011
Source: IGN
by Ethan Anderton
JCVD / Chuck Norris

Not too long ago, some interesting names were rumored to join the beefy, action-star cast of The Expendables 2, the sequel to last year's throwback to action films from decades past with familiar faces from those films taking part. While it's been expected that original cast members like Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li would return, rumored names have been circling around online for awhile. Now according to Millennium Films' official website (via IGN) it sounds like Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme will definitely be in the film after all.

On the production company's site, alongside the names of original cast members returning for the sequel, both Norris and Van Damme are listed as being part of the cast. That's about as official of a statement as we've gotten on their casting, and I'd probably go so far as to call their involvement a guarantee at this point. However, no word on whether John Travolta could still end up being part of the film as his name was rumored along with Norris and Van Damme in our last update. As for the story of this action sequel, well just the short plot synopsis at contains one big spoiler (though it will likely be revealed in the first trailer for the film), so we won't post it here, but you can check it out at Millennium Films official website if you feel so inclined. Sound good?

‘Expendables 2′ Sets Action Dream Trio: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis Join Sly Stallone (http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/arnold-schwarzenegger-bruce-willis-confirmed-for-the-expendables-2/)
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday September 6, 2011 @ 6:27pm EDTTags: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Dolph Lundgren, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jeff Speakman, Jet Li, Lionsgate, Mickey Rourke, Millennium Films, Simon West, Sylvester Stallone, Terry Crews, The Expendables 2

After The Expendables turned in a surprisingly strong $275 million worldwide gross, many have wondered what they would do for an encore. How’s this? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis have just closed deals to take “substantial” roles in The Expendables 2, alongside Sylvester Stallone. This has been rumored as possible, and it basically answers the hopes of a lot of fans who weren’t satisfied when action icons Schwarzenegger and Willis turned in cameos in the original, and poked fun at the days when they were the world’s top action stars. Stallone directed the first one but stepped out and the job went to Simon West. Filming will begin in October, and Lionsgate will once again release the Millennium Films-produced actioner. Schwarzenegger and Willis are repped by CAA. Schwarzenegger is already working for Lionsgate in the Jee-Won Kim-directed action film Last Stand. Willis will squeeze in the role before going off to Russia to reprise his John McLane role in Die Hard 5, which just landed John Moore as director at Fox, and then he will make a sequel to Red. Aside from Stallone, original cast members Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li are expected to return, and there is buzz about Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Do we need to start a petition for Jeff Speakman?
I recently saw Expendables 1 and just commented on that thread. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1131632#post1131632)

GeneChing
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Hollywood Comes To Sofia - The Expendables 2 (http://www.questbg.com/en/news-a-events/mish-mash/1727-hoolywood-comes-to-sofia-the-expandables-2.html)
Wednesday, 07 September 2011 08:28

This month will see Bulgaria's capital city Sofia transformed, if only for a short time into one of the most star studded cities in the world.

Most of Hollywood's toughest actors are due to begin filming on The Expendables 2, a follow up to the blockbuster ‘The Expendables'.

Sofia airport is expected to receive a heavy influx of fans of the cast which is set to include; Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, John Travolta, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke and Dolph Lundgren.

Filming will begin on September 19 at the Nu Boyana Film Studios on the edge of Sofia city. The studios are set on a 75 acre former communist film set and has today became one of Europe's most prolific locations for movies around the world.

The film's producer, Israeli born Avi Lerner said that Bulgaria is the most least expensive country in Eastern Europe to film in, and it is both the costs and the fact that the movie will be set in a fictional Eastern European country that made Bulgaria the ideal choice for filming.
Bulgaria is said to be as much as 30% cheaper than Western Europe and more than 50% cheaper than the U.S.A for making movies.

The Expendables 2 is due for release on 17 August 2012

Jet Li On Board For Expendables 2, Plus News From The Set (http://insidepulse.com/2011/09/03/jet-li-on-board-for-expendables-2-plus-news-from-the-set/)
by Travis Leamons - September 3, 2011

Expendables Premiere, a web site whose sole function is to cover anything Expendables related, has received much information these last few days about the sequel currently filming in Sofia, Bulgaria. Now the information they’ve come to have is direct from Nu Boyana Studios where the sequel is being shot, and from Nu Image.

First off, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s shooting schedule for the sequel will be for a single week, while Bruce Willis will have a two-week shoot. While news started to surface that Donnie Yen may be Jet Li’s replacement in The Expendables 2, it looks like Li is in fact in the sequel, though he will be filming his scenes once the production moves to China.

Mickey Rourke is also back as Tool.

As for the villains, look for Jean-Claude Van Damme’s character to lead his own outfit of mercenaries, of which Scott Adkins (Undisputed III) will be a member, if he takes the offer. Both Van Damme and Adkins recently worked together on Assassination Games and Universal Solider: A New Dimension, where Adkins also worked with one of The Expendables, Dolph Lundgren.

The site has also confirmed the cast list as it is currently:

Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bruce Willis
Jet Li
Chuck Norris (as Bill Paxton would say, “Game over, man! Game over!”)
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Dolph Lundgren
Terry Crews
Randy Couture
Scott Adkins
Hold the phone - "Li is in fact in the sequel, though he will be filming his scenes once the production moves to China." A Chinese co-production? Where (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57225) have I heard that before?

GeneChing
10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
First Look: Chuck Norris on "The Expendables 2" Set (http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=23180&count=0)
Posted: October 23rd, 2011 by WorstPreviews.com Staff
First Look: Chuck Norris on The Expendables 2 Set
Today we have the first photo of Chuck Norris on the Bulgarian set of "The Expendables 2," standing alongside Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, who are both returning for the sequel. Check out the photo below.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp3047.jpg

In related news, Antonio Banderas revealed that his "Assassins" co-star Sylvester Stallone asked him to be in "The Expendables 2," but Banderas turned down the offer due to a scheduling conflict. "They asked me to do it, I don't think at this point I will have the time. I am very disappointed that it didn't work out," said the actor, adding that he would consider 'Expendables 3." "But you never know I will have to talk to Sly."

The sequel is being directed by Simon West (Con-Air) and co-stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, and Jean-Claude Van Damme. It is set to hit theaters on August 17th, 2012.
Chuck vs. Jet? :rolleyes:

TaichiMantis
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
bummer...:(
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45077266/ns/today-entertainment/

GeneChing
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Stuntman deaths always seem so pointless.

Update on The Expendables 2 Set Accident (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83763)
Source: Nu Image/Millennium Films
October 31, 2011

Last week, we reported that an accident on the Second Unit set for The Expendables 2 had claimed the life of one stuntman and critically injured another. We now have an official update on the situation:

In the early evening hours last Thursday, October 27; an accident occurred during filming of Second Unit Stunt Sequences of The Expendables 2 on Lake Ognyanovo, Bulgaria. This resulted in one fatality and one serious injury of stuntmen on the Second Unit set. Simultaneously 2.5 hours away the production's Main Unit was filming with lead actors on location in Bansko Village.

"Our deepest condolences go to the family of Kun Lieu. His passing is tragic. Our sympathies also go to Nuo Sun who was seriously injured as a result of the same explosion. We have been informed his condition has stabilized. He has been transported to Munich, Germany, where he is receiving top medical care from the best specialists," said Nu Image/Millennium Films.

Regrettably, Bulgarian language newspapers have incorrectly reported that stunt doubles for Jet Li and Sylvester Stallone were involved in the accident. This is absolutely false and inaccurate. At the time of the accident neither Li's or Stallone's stuntmen were on or near the Second Unit set, nor were any of the film's main actors, director Simon West or any of the Main Unit crew.

Only Second Unit filming has been temporarily suspended and will resume shortly. The filmmakers continue to work with authorities investigating this accident. Main Unit production has not been interrupted and continues as scheduled.

The Expendables 2 is expected to open in theaters on August 17, 2012.

In other related news:

Stallone Sued Over ‘Expendables’ Script (http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/stallone-sued-over-expendables-script/)
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday October 25, 2011 @ 11:49pm

Sylvester Stallone has been sued by a writer who alleges the hit movie The Expendables copies a script and short story he filed with the U.S. Copyright Office in 2006. Marcus Webb says he then made available to Hollywood studios a script about mercenaries recruited to defeat a dictator named General Garza. Webb alleges in the suit filed in federal court in Manhattan that the screenplay for The Expendables is “strikingly similar and in some places identical” to his The Cordoba Caper. Webb seeks unspecified damages and a court order stopping further infringement by Stallone, his credited co-author David Callaham, Millennium/NuImage Films and Lionsgate. Expendables 2 is slated to open August 17, 2012.

GeneChing
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
The injured stuntman, Nuo Sun, is actually Sunny Sun Nuo, formerly of the Beijing Wushu Team. He founded the Wu Kung L.A. school (http://www.wukungla.com/).

GeneChing
01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
The Expendables 2 Trailers & Video Clips (1 video) (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810241997/trailer)

GeneChing
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Actress Yu Nan to Star in 'The Expendables 2' (http://english.cri.cn/6666/2012/01/12/1261s675885.htm)
2012-01-12 15:14:05 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Xie Tingting
Check out Chinese actress Yu Nan's look in the upcoming action movie "The Expendables 2".

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2012/01/12/4220xtylnyunan1.jpg
Sylvester Stallone and Yu Nan in "The Expendables 2" [Photo: yule.sohu.com]

Check out Chinese actress Yu Nan's look in the upcoming action movie "The Expendables 2". Yu plays Maggie, a new member of the Expendables team led by Barney Ross, Sylvester Stallone's character. "The Expendables 2" continues the first film's star-heavy lineup that also includes Bruce Willis, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film will open in North America on August 17.

More about Chinese Actress Yu Nan
Born in 1978, Yu Nan studied acting at the Beijing Film Academy, China's top educational institution for film talent.

Her acting talent was discovered by director Wang Quan'an who cast her in the lead role of the 1999 film "Lunar Eclipse". Yu later worked with Wang Quan'an in several more films, the best-known one being "Tuya's Marriage", which garnered the top prize at the 2007 Berlin International Film Festival.

Yu's fluency in English also landed her a role in Wachowski brothers' 2008 live-action film "Speed Racer". She also speaks French.

The actress was a jury member for the main competition of the 2010 Berlin International Film Festival.
Speed Racer... hmm, can't quite remember that very well beyond it being super colorful and that Rain was in it. Was she good in it?

doug maverick
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
didnt see speed racer was afraid id get a seizure...lol

GeneChing
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
you missed out. the seizure is the best part. ;)

Lucas
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
speed racer was pretty cool. an awesome ninja fight in it too. super colorful and visual ya.

doug maverick
01-18-2012, 11:47 AM
DISCLAIMER:so there is some debate on the credibility of this...chuck may have been misquoted...i looked around the internet and it seems he may have been referring to his lines specifically.. and not the entire movie.

http://www.ramascreen.com/what-the-hell-the-expendables-2-is-pg-13-because-of-****-chuck-norris
What The Hell?! THE EXPENDABLES 2 Is PG-13 Because Of **** Chuck Norris?!

January 18, 2012RamaNo CommentsThe Expendables 2
WP Greet Box icon
X
Hello there Facebook friend! If you like this article, please help spread the word by sharing this post with your friends.

I was a huge fan of 2010′s actioner, The Expendables. Gathering up all of yesterday’s action stars, a thin 80s style plot, and most importantly the very violent, R-rated no holds barred action and fight sequences. It was every action fan’s dream come true.
So when I heard that there’s a possibility that THE EXPENDABLES 2 (check out the teaser trailer) might get toned down just to please one man’s request, I almost went mad..

Via AITH and Expendables premiere, as you know, the man, the myth, the legend, CHUCK NORRIS is part of the massive cast of THE EXPENDABLES 2 and he recently chatted with international site Gazeta, after translation, the following is what he said..

“Playing in this movie was a lot of fun. I play a super hero, who saves everybody’s life.”

“In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. Fot this reason, many young people wouldn’t be able to watch this. But i don’t play in movies like this. Due to that i said i won’t be a part of that if the hardcore language is not ereased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.”

What the bloody hell?! Look, I admire Norris, we all know he’s da man. That’s why we’ve got that long hilarious list of Chuck Norris’ mythical awesomeness but do you think what he said above is bullsh*t or true? Cause if it’s true, then that is very uncool of Norris to be messing with a sequel that we all hope would be as hardcore as the first installment.
I don’t want to see a PG-13 EXPENDABLES 2, do ya?!
THE EXPENDABLES 2 releases in theaters on August 17, 2012!

Become a FAN on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/expendablesmovie

Follow Lionsgate on Twitter to get updates about THE EXPENDABLES 2 and other upcoming Lionsgate releases: http://www.twitter.com/lionsgatemovies

Genre: Action
Director: Simon West
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Liam Hemsworth, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Expendables are back and this time it’s personal… Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone), Lee Christmas (Lee Statham), Yin Yang (Jet Li), Gunnar Jensen (Dolph Lundgren),Toll Road (Randy Couture) and Hale Caesar (Terry Crews) — with newest members Billy the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) and Maggie (Yu Nan) aboard — are reunited when Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) enlists the Expendables to take on a seemingly simple job. The task looks like an easy paycheck for Barney and his band of old-school mercenaries. But when things go wrong and one of their own is viciously killed, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory where the odds are stacked against them. Hell-bent on payback, the crew cuts a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time — six pounds of weapons-grade plutonium; enough to change the balance of power in the world. But that’s nothing compared to the justice they serve against the villainous adversary who savagely murdered their brother. That is done the Expendables way….

THE EXPENDABLES 2 opens August 17th, 2012

Jimbo
01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I can actually believe that Chuck probably said that. He's VERY sensitive about his onscreen image. I remember when Golden Harvest re-released Slaughter in San Francisco (Yellow-Faced Tiger) back when Chuck's movies were in vogue, I think he filed a lawsuit or something. In it he played the villain, and in one scene, his character 'raped' (or attempted to rape) a girl played by Sylvia Chang. Which is both understandable and unreasonable at the same time. It was a very old, very cheesey movie. But he didn't want his image tarnished by that scene.

Although I thought the first Expendables was good for a diversion, it wasn't overly great, either. The jumpy camerawork and so-so choreo ruined some potentially good fight scenes. The only good fights were some early ones with Jason Statham. Jet Li's scenes weren't good at all.

I was kinda hoping Chuck would play the villain, considering his mythical bad@ssery. He's the main reason I'll be seeing part 2. But I suppose that Chuck would no sooner touch another villain role than a vampire would eat garlic.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-19-2012, 02:13 AM

No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....

doug maverick
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....

jet li never had a san shou record...all his stuff was for wushu forms...dont even think they had san shou back in those days.

Jimbo
01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Doug is correct. Jet Li was a champion in forms, not fighting. In fact, Jet Li has admitted more than once that he does not know how to fight for real. He's a master of performance and film fighting, but that's a whole different ballgame.

As to whether Van Damme could actually beat Jet Li or vice versa, who cares?

BakShaolinEC
01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
dude we all know Dolph Lungran is the most bad ass mother on the set. couture wishes he could shoot on him... lol just trolling in here.

doug maverick
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
no trolls here man...trolls belong under the bridge...aka..the main forum, thats where you trolls belong please dont slither down here again...lol

GeneChing
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm struck by how viral this went. Seemed to get more coverage than the stuntman death earlier.

'The Expendables 2' Might Be Rated PG-13 Thanks to Chuck Norris? (http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/the-expendables-2-might-be-rated-pg-13-thanks-to-chuck-norris/)
by Ethan Anderton
January 18, 2012

For all those fans who enjoyed the testosterone fueled action of The Expendables, it's safe to say that a lot of that entertainment not only came from the collection of big action stars from decades passed, but also the extreme, over-the-top action and bloody violence. Well, it sounds like the The Expendables 2 might not be on the same level as the first film thanks to the participation of Chuck Norris. In a recent interview with the Polish paper Gazeta (via Arrow in the Head) Norris said that it was the vulgar language in the screenplay that turned him off, and changes were made to allow the film to be rated PG-13. More below!

Here's what Norris told the Polish paper:

“In ‘Expendables 2,’ there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn’t be able to watch this. But I don’t play in movies like this,” Norris explained. “Due to that I said I won’t be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.”

Sounds pretty lame to me, and it's always perplexing as to why people like Chuck Norris are more concerned with naughty words than by the gratuitous violence on display in action films like this. It's not clear whether or not the film will actually be rated PG-13, or maybe just the language was dulled down and Sylvester Stallone and the rest of the gang are just letting Norris think that the film isn't going to be R-rated. It's possible to have a solid action film without all the blood and gore, but in the first film, it did help make things a little more intense. We'll have to wait and see how the film turns out when Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Yu Nan, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger return to the big screen on August 17th. Thoughts?

UPDATE: Sylvester Stallone has contacted Ain't It Cool News and has confirmed that the film will indeed be PG-13, but he's quick to try and quell anyone's fears saying:

"Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance. Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG-13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry...Sly."

He does his best to instill confidence, but I'm just not sure a PG-13 sequel to The Expendables can deliver. It's not the vulgar language that's needed, but it's the intense action and bloody violence that made for a raucous romp last time. Here's hoping fans of the original won't be disappointed.

doug maverick
01-21-2012, 03:40 AM
according to terry crews its def. gonna be pg13 but i doubt its cause of chuck...probably because of the massive size budget this one has well over 100mil...no way a studio is gonna risk that much chedder on a r movie...but you can have massive amounts of action in a movie...blood body parts all of that good stuff..and as long as you dont say one curse word...youd get a pg13... look at all the mission impossible films.wasnt a fan of the first one have little to no desire to see the second...but i reckon there will be more action in this one then there was in the first.

Lucas
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM
i remember jet li saying in an interview he has never fought anyone, ever. from his mouth not mine :P vandamme actually has a somewhat extensive fight record that can be seen here. all semi and light contact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Van_Damme

http://elmundotech.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/expendables-2-poster.jpg

GeneChing
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Great ad campaign.

The Expendables Cast Has Killed Quite a Few People (http://www.webpronews.com/the-expendables-cast-has-killed-quite-a-few-people-2012-04)
Infographic breaks down the body count
Get the WebProNews Newsletter!
By Todd Rigney · 21 hours ago

Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables” is a cheesy action movie fanatic’s wet dream. The film, which stars Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Mickey Rourke, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Bruce Willis, and Randy Couture, featured everything you could possibly want from a motion picture containing that much concentrated machismo. Tons of explosions, frequent one-liners, and a plethora of bloody kills were all in attendance. The sequel, which is set to debut in North American theaters this summer, promises even more cinematic carnage, which should keep action junkies clapping enthusiastically until the end credits. That’s what I’m hoping will happen, anyway.

While ingesting all of that merciless on-screen carnage, have you ever wondered how many people these guys have “killed” throughout their careers? If so, direct your undivided attention to the infographic embedded below. There you’ll find the total collected body counts for each of their respective films, presented in a manner that’s incredibly easy to consume. If you haven’t seen “The Expendables”, this should give you a good idea of what to expect. Speaking of which, what are you waiting? Simon West’s sequel is on the horizon, and you don’t want to be the last person on your block to have seen the film. That would be beyond embarrassing.

“The Expendables 2″, which also adds Liam Hemsworth, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins, and Chuck Norris to its ranks, is scheduled to arrive in theaters on August 17th.

http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/expendablesinfo.jpg
Although once again, I think they short-sheeted Jet. There's a few films missing from his count.

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
LOL at the kill count !

ShaolinDan
04-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Great ad campaign.

Although once again, I think they short-sheeted Jet. There's a few films missing from his count.

Yep. Like 2/3 of them. :) Sad really...

Lucas
04-24-2012, 12:01 PM
i notice they only add a few of jets chinese movies....

Featherstone
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
I figured Jet would have about the current total alone??

Lucas
04-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I figured Jet would have about the current total alone??

can anyone say fong sai yuk? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxRZN3Iep0

Lucas
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
a female expendable? neato. these posters are cool though, they have one for each character.

MightyB
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Hasselhoff should be in this movie. :D

GeneChing
08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Some one here must have seen this. How was it?

GeneChing
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Machinegunorgasmic. Lots of CGI splats that are funny in their graphic digital splash.

Arnie & Chuck are so painfully tongue-in-cheek that the dialog fires off homages like, well, like machine guns. They both look like they're having a lot of fun shooting machine guns. JCVD delivers a good villain.

The action is pretty constant and entertaining. I laughed out loud heartily at two scenes. The plot is ridiculous if you give it a moment's thought. It's best when the characters are riffing off each other in top bromantic rapid fire machine gun snips. Most of the dialog focuses on Sly and Statham, and Sly totally outclasses Statham with his gravitas. Dolph, Crews and Couture have a great chemistry with their affectionate trash talk. Comic ultravi with snarky remarks. What more does an action film need?

Jet is only in the very beginning. He has a decent opening fight that goes from machine gun vs. lots of machine guns to batons & blades vs. frying pans. Then he leaves the film and is replaced by Nan Yu, a Chinese actress that looks a little like a younger Jet in drag, and then there's this romantic element between her and Sly. Whaaaat?

No sword fights, but some big "that's not a knife; that's a KNIFE" knife fights, which are close enough. But it's all about the machine guns.

GeneChing
09-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Firstly, it annoys me that it cost someone's life and a someone else's career (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1140347#post1140347).

Secondly, it annoys me that they got Jet's body count wrong (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1167863#post1167863).

Chuck Norris fact: Biggest body count in 'Expendables 2' (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/story/2012-08-22/chuck-norris/57195546/1)
By Bryan Alexander, USA TODAY
Updated 8/21/2012 10:04 PM

The Internet is filled with Chuck Norris "facts" proclaiming the action star's legendary toughness, like "Chuck Norris had a staring contest with the sun — and won" or "There is no chin under Chuck Norris' beard, just another fist."

Chuck Norris returns to the silver screen in 'The Expendables 2,' with a growing legacy, and following, thanks to the internet meme "Chuck Norris Facts."
Sponsored Links

These might be exaggerations. But one fact is undeniable: In the action-star heaven of The Expendables 2, Norris is the one who tallies the biggest bad-guy body count when he takes out a mini-army single-handedly, saving his trapped co-stars.

"It's pretty cool," says Norris, 72. "I deserve the most kills. I'm the oldest guy out there. I'm 39 with 33 years of experience."

He's also Chuck Norris.

The Expendables 2 is the nation's No. 1 movie, earning $28.6 million on opening weekend, and features mega-watt stars like Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But Norris' legend has its own spotlight because of the Internet hype that started about seven years ago as his film career was waning.

Norris' personal favorite: "They wanted to put Chuck Norris on Mt. Rushmore, but the granite wasn't tough enough for his beard."

With a buildup like that, Norris "demanded the ultimate entrance," says director Simon West.

"The worldwide phenomenon of these Chuck Norris jokes set him up as the ultimate hero," West says. "You couldn't meet him at a bar. It had to be on a battlefield with defeated bad guys all around him."

The Missing in Action star and karate champion is retired and lives on a working cattle ranch near College Station, Texas, where he trains his 11-year-old twins, Dakota and Danilee, in karate (naturally, they will soon be black belts). But he returned to star with his action pals, "many whom I've known for 30 years," he says.

West says it would have been "tragic" if Norris had declined the offer. "Not to be able to brag that I had Chuck Norris would have broken my heart."

Norris' arrival immediately caused ripples on the Bulgarian set last year. Martial arts star Scott Adkins found that his own full beard would have to go.

"When people saw it, it was like, 'I don't know if Chuck's going to be happy with that. He's the one with the beard,' " Adkins says, laughing. " 'The Beard' has got the beard."

Adkins switched to a goatee.

Naturally, Norris was asked to provide his own Chuck Norris tall tale for the script. "It was Sly who said that these 'facts' are everywhere, let's put one in a scene," says Norris, "After I gave it to him, he laughed and gave me a big bear hug."

The entry: Norris is bitten by a cobra and, after five agonizing days, the cobra dies.

GeneChing
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Funny how little we heard about this when the film came out.

'Expendables 2' Faces Second Lawsuit in Stunt Gone Wrong (http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00055953.html)
November 30, 2012 17:39:43 GMT

Nuo Sun, one of the stuntmen injured in an explosion scene on the Bulgarian set, is suing for 'great mental, physical and nervous pain and suffering'.

"The Expendables 2" is deeper in legal trouble. Millennium Films and other parties involved in the movie are facing another lawsuit as the result of a stunt that went wrong during the filming on Bulgaria's Ognyanovo Reservoir last year.

A stuntman named Nuo Sun, who was believed to be standing in for Jet Li, was injured in an explosion scene that killed fellow stuntman Kun Liu. Sun said in his 12-page lawsuit, that "explosives and other similar ultra-hazardous activities" caused a tragedy on top of a rubber boat during the second unit filming that took place October 27, 2011.

"As a direct and proximate result of defendants' negligence, carelessness and unlawful conduct, plaintiff was hurt and injured in plaintiffs health, strength and activity, sustaining severe shock and injury to and upon plaintiffs nervous system, neck, head, body, arms and legs, all of which injuries may be permanent and all of which injuries have caused and continue to cause plaintiff great mental, physical and nervous pain and suffering, for which plaintiff seeks general damages," the filing stated.

Represented by Robert M. Klein, Sun is seeking damages in loss of income and earnings past, present and future. He's also seeking general damages in excess of $25,000, medical costs past present and future, legal costs and whatever else the Court decides.

Millennium Films, Barney's Christmas Inc., Second Choice Productions International and Second Choice Production Services who are named the defendants have yet to comment on the lawsuit. After the incident, they released a statement, saying "Our deepest condolences go to the family of Kun Liu. His passing is tragic. Our sympathies also go to Nuo Sun, who was seriously injured as a result of the same explosion. We have been informed his condition has stabilized. He has been transported to Munich, Germany, where he is receiving top medical care from the best specialists."

Liu's family also filed a lawsuit against the defendants earlier this year. They were suing for $25,000 as well as compensation for funeral expenses and for the loss of Liu's "society, love, comfort, attention, services and support."

GeneChing
08-10-2017, 09:31 AM
This was the honorable thing to do for Jet.

Dead stuntman’s family receives HK$5.8m donation from Jet Li (http://www.themalaymailonline.com/showbiz/article/dead-stuntmans-family-receives-hk5.8m-donation-from-jet-li#sR85QMjfJ2EAhVx8.97)
Wednesday August 9, 2017
12:37 PM GMT+8

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/uploads/articles/reutersjetli.jpg
Stuntman Liu Kun was a double for Jet Li during filming for ‘The Expendables 2’ in Bulgaria in 2011. — AFP pic

HONG KONG, Aug 9 — Jet Li has donated HK$5.8 million (RM3.17 million) to the family of his stunt double, Liu Kun, who was killed on the set of The Expendables 2 in 2011.

While there has been no official comment, Hong Kong entertainment sites reported that the martial arts star had intended for the donation to remain a private one.

It is unclear when the donation was made, but the news comes after Liu’s parents, Liu Zong Yu Liu and Bai Yan Mei, were awarded a meagre HK$195,000 after a protracted court battle lasting four years.

They had filed a wrongful death lawsuit in 2012 against Millennium Films and the movie’s stunt coordinator, following their son’s death in October 2011.

The 26-year-old stuntman, who came from Shangxi Province, lost his life while filming on the Ognyanovo dam in Bulgaria.

He died from wounds he suffered from an on-set explosion nearby.

At the time of Liu’s death, the Bulgarian press reported another stuntman who was the double for Sylvester Stallone was seriously injured during the explosion.