PDA

View Full Version : This is how kung fu MASTERS fight. You guys need to train harder...

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 06:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19VsB7__v0&feature=related

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

These guys were kung fu "masters" and they were throwing the same overhand combinations at each other. What happened to superior hitting power, superior timing, superior strategy, sensitivity, rooting, maiming, killing???

When videos like this surface it is further proof that Chinese martial artists of the past were more legend than reality.

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
More kung fu fighting. Why do guys put this stuff up on the internet? I think we have a hsing i/ba gua person 'sparring'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sLJ4pk50E&feature=related

I do not think anyone was hit once! If you guys want kung fu to be taken seriously again you need to stop putting this crap on youtube.

Hebrew Hammer
08-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I actually enjoyed this, there are some excellent examples of Kung Fu being demonstrated. Its cute that you're jealous...I can't wait to see you posting your high skill, perfect form, and superior power bare knuckled fights on Youtube. Its not gonna happen...keep on trolling brother.

MasterKiller
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/23/monkey-goat.gif

David Jamieson
08-24-2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/23/monkey-goat.gif

I find this monkey goat thing to be entertaining.
It is interesting how the monkey is also wearing a tiny hat and even I think the goat is running extraordinarily fast.

Anyway, all I can add to it is this...

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/unsuccessful-troll.thumbnail.jpg

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I actually enjoyed this, there are some excellent examples of Kung Fu being demonstrated.
you are perhaps referring to some posts that were deleted? 'cause what's up is not anything remotely in the range of "excellent" from TCMA or any other perspective;

Its cute that you're jealous...
of what?!?!? the '53 fight was a pure debacle; the second clip shows a bunch of mediocre amateurs violating both traditional TCMA as well as contemporary ring-sparring principles while engaged in half-speed, minima contact exchanges (which may have been the rule-set, going light and slow, nothing wrong with that, of course, but it doesn't mean much beyond that - but if u can't show proper body mechanic and principles at that speed, what does that say about your chances when you go full out? I mean, props to "Jessone" for putting himself up, but then you have to be honest about his frequent lack of structure, footwork mistakes and mediocre usage, as well as apparent lack of any strategy - I mean, he has no "goal", from the looks of things, he just is floating in mid-court most of the time, changing his stance without any discernible purpose and over extending his extremities a lot, loosing his core connection - the analogy being to tennis where either you work the base-line or the net - stay at mid-court, you get clobbered - same with him)

I can't wait to see you posting your high skill, perfect form, and superior power bare knuckled fights on Youtube. Its not gonna happen...keep on trolling brother.
Mysterious Power's TCMA baiting / trolling and his own prowess or lack thereof notwithstanding, it doesn't negate the truth of what is being shown on those clips; I mean, asking him for clips because he says it's not impressive makes as much as asking you to post clips because you say that they are;

FWIW, I'm not being a TCMA hater - I think TCMA has a corpus of solid principles that are applicable; but unfortunately, none of those are demonstrated here...

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I actually enjoyed this, there are some excellent examples of Kung Fu being demonstrated. Its cute that you're jealous...I can't wait to see you posting your high skill, perfect form, and superior power bare knuckled fights on Youtube. Its not gonna happen...keep on trolling brother.

What exactly was good kung fu in these videos? The fact that no one got maimed or killed? That must be a buddhist thing that they were practicing.

If I am trolling and talking crap...put up some videos of good kung fu. Can you?

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
I find this monkey goat thing to be entertaining.
It is interesting how the monkey is also wearing a tiny hat and even I think the goat is running extraordinarily fast.

if someone glued a monkey to you, you would run around fast as well...

lkfmdc
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
if someone glued a monkey to you, you would run around fast as well...

he speaks from personal experience people, trust me :D

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 07:53 AM
he speaks from personal experience people, trust me :D

I know, it was a b1tch getting you off me afterwards...:D:D:D

BTW, Dave, I imagine that you also must be very jealous of what is posted in the two clips above...:rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
08-24-2010, 07:57 AM
I do not think anyone was hit once! If you guys want kung fu to be taken seriously again you need to stop putting this crap on youtube.

Can't argue with that.

Dragonzbane76
08-24-2010, 08:09 AM
i've seen vids of kids fighting with more tech. than what was shown in the "53" vid.

Seriously, if you think that had good fighting in it then I don't know where you have been training but I would seriously re-evaluate things.

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 08:15 AM
The black guy is my student, the other is my classmate...this is was just one of their sparring sessions....it's light weight...mostly body shots. but they have fun, and that's all that matters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP782tAa_Mc

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
The black guy is my student, the other is my classmate...this is was just one of their sparring sessions....it's light weight...mostly body shots. but they have fun, and that's all that matters

vid's locked on private Frank, FYI

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 08:20 AM

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM

works fine now;

I'm guessing part of the "rules" were no head shots?

your student has been with you how long - he's fairly recent if I recall you posting some other stuff he has done? he looks pretty good, some of his "mistakes" are: frequent opening / changing of his stance without apparent purpose and at a range where he is vulnerable (common mistake amongst those with less experience); doesn't keep his hands up consistently; backing up straight instead of circling to evade;

not hating, just pointing out some things that could stand to be improved objectively; my guess is that you have already made similar corrections with him...

your classmate, OTOH, appears to have been able to handle the situation without much difficulty, he looks to have just a bit more experience ;)...

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
This video has a lot of potential. These guys demonstrate power, technique, timing, structure. I am not even sure what they are studying but I would consider this kung fu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ws16PJhblo&feature=related

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
This video has a lot of potential. These guys demonstrate power, technique, timing, structure. I am not even sure what they are studying but I would consider this kung fu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ws16PJhblo&feature=related

the tags on the vid are MT and Kickboxing, nothing to do w TCMA per se;

overall, not bad, they both demonstrate some good stuff, they both make some "mistakes" as to be expected;

but it's not, AFAICT, an example of TCMA, so why r u posting it?

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 08:40 AM
oh im well aware of all that...HAHA....he was from the White Dragon School of CLF and in my opinion....well....let me just say i had to reteach him everything and he's been doing CLF for 9 years prior to me. i took him back to the beginning and started all over.

his sparring came from them as well and i've been spending that last year or so trying my best to correct all of his bad habits. he has a lot of bad stuff ingrained in him and i hate it. one thing he does that i can't stand is that hopping with his feet.

But in regards to some of his openings, i make sure he knows how to close them. both hands we train to be active whether its offense or defense

i don't focus on forms over sparring or learning to use this. he clearly applies some of his CLF and YES there were no head shots.....later sessions did include them as they would put the head gear on cause they're kinda heavy handed.

but i appreciate your critique....

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
you can see the big difference in my student though. this video was filmed when he first came to me. i wanted to see what he could do. i knew i had my hands full after this one hahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAt_ewadIKY

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
the tags on the vid are MT and Kickboxing, nothing to do w TCMA per se;

overall, not bad, they both demonstrate some good stuff, they both make some "mistakes" as to be expected;

but it's not, AFAICT, an example of TCMA, so why r u posting it?

I was just looking up random free sparring videos and did was not trying to read the "label" of the styles. The fact that these guys are not doing "tcma" does not negate the fact that they are showing the principles of tcma in action. Who cares what the label is. Does it work or not? I knew that if I typed in kung fu into youtube the same crap would come up. So I used "sparring" instead and it worked wonders. The fact is that these guys are atleast hinting at being able to apply tcma principles and the fact they do not study tcma makes it even more interesting.

Do you purposely argue mundane points? Is there not a television near you to keep you entertained? :D

David Jamieson
08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Why are people allowed multiple accounts to say the same crap over and over again?

Gene? why?

David Jamieson
08-24-2010, 09:21 AM
here's some updated afghan kung fu

the guy in red= kung fu
the other guy is tkd

it's not 1953 at least lol.

anyway, the hungrier you are, the better you will be and that is that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0CIy9ZZEQE

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Why are people allowed multiple accounts to say the same crap over and over again?

Gene? why?

Why does Gene allow people like you to talk up kung fu like it is magical when you have nothing to back it up and nothing to show for it especially with youtube videos. How is your nei gong posture doing? I hope you live till a ripe old age so that you can say, "I have lived this long doing nei gong but never learned real kung fu."

David Jamieson
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Why does Gene allow people like you to talk up kung fu like it is magical when you have nothing to back it up and nothing to show for it especially with youtube videos. How is your nei gong posture doing? I hope you live till a ripe old age so that you can say, "I have lived this long doing nei gong but never learned real kung fu."

^ Well as you can see, troll here likes to troll. should we keep him and his aliases around or will we be content with a steady stream of these asshats from trollshido? :rolleyes:

thanks asshat. :) your trolling is trollish. lol
btw, your cowardly anonymity disqualifies you from receiving anything more than being sh*t on. Because, you're a toilet after all where we should all take our dumps even when you pretend that you are asking serious questions.

IN reality, you're a p.oo.s (piece of obstenat sh*t) troll with nothing better to do. And so, with that, adieu and onto ignore list with your other troll friends.
Hey if you're ever in Toronto and you want a lesson in tact, look me up, I am really me. :)

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 09:42 AM
this is just sooooo...trolliscious!!!!! Yum yum for my tum tum provided by some dumb dumb!!!!

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
^ Well as you can see, troll here likes to troll. should we keep him and his aliases around or will we be content with a steady stream of these asshats from trollshido? :rolleyes:

thanks asshat. :) your trolling is trollish. lol
btw, your cowardly anonymity disqualifies you from receiving anything more than being sh*t on. Because, you're a toilet after all where we should all take our dumps even when you pretend that you are asking serious questions.

IN reality, you're a p.oo.s (piece of obstenat sh*t) troll with nothing better to do. And so, with that, adieu and onto ignore list with your other troll friends.
Hey if you're ever in Toronto and you want a lesson in tact, look me up, I am really me. :)

That is nice, David. Now go cry in the corner and let the grown ups talk. I apologize for offending your Mr Softy nei gong hand waving ways. Too bad you will not get my apology since you are ignoring me.

I have a novel idea. Instead of bashing for trollling(which is really just pointing out the obvious) why don't you improve and put out better videos so people have no reason to make fun?

Joe Rogan was talking about these guys when he was making fun of Kung Fu.

Hebrew Hammer
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
you are perhaps referring to some posts that were deleted? 'cause what's up is not anything remotely in the range of "excellent" from TCMA or any other perspective;

of what?!?!? the '53 fight was a pure debacle; the second clip shows a bunch of mediocre amateurs violating both traditional TCMA as well as contemporary ring-sparring principles while engaged in half-speed, minima contact exchanges (which may have been the rule-set, going light and slow, nothing wrong with that, of course, but it doesn't mean much beyond that - but if u can't show proper body mechanic and principles at that speed, what does that say about your chances when you go full out? I mean, props to "Jessone" for putting himself up, but then you have to be honest about his frequent lack of structure, footwork mistakes and mediocre usage, as well as apparent lack of any strategy - I mean, he has no "goal", from the looks of things, he just is floating in mid-court most of the time, changing his stance without any discernible purpose and over extending his extremities a lot, loosing his core connection - the analogy being to tennis where either you work the base-line or the net - stay at mid-court, you get clobbered - same with him)

Mysterious Power's TCMA baiting / trolling and his own prowess or lack thereof notwithstanding, it doesn't negate the truth of what is being shown on those clips; I mean, asking him for clips because he says it's not impressive makes as much as asking you to post clips because you say that they are;

FWIW, I'm not being a TCMA hater - I think TCMA has a corpus of solid principles that are applicable; but unfortunately, none of those are demonstrated here...

Don't get up in arms...I was just counter trolling. Its in the Army handbook.

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM

Do not quit your day job.

David Jamieson
08-24-2010, 11:48 AM

in all fairness, the macao clip is nothing but a dead horse.
definitive of lazy minded punks more than having anything worthwhile to reminisce about the uselessness of young man Chan or Old man Wu. They both weren't realistic about their training and they allowed a big pile of cluster hump to castrate any real deminstration they might have given.

Notice how troll boy has nothing to say or answer about the afghan face kicking champ who claims kung fu as his style.

In fact, troll asshats like this one will never ever face up to that much less put up anything demonstrating some prowess of their own.

This is how ass hat trolls are.

I can see that Chan and Wu were useless. So what. I don't practice their crappy styles in any way shape or form. lol And I don't care to. Further more, I can't be bothered with any of the run off that came from either of them so I don't go there.

When I first saw that clip, before mysterious ass hat was born, I was determined to not practiec either of those styles. This is my personal preference.

I also don't bother much with jiu jitsu for some similar reasons.

1) It's too bandwagon and there is a lot of crappy bandwagon instruction out there.

2) MRSA

3) I don't compete

4) I don't really care much about grappling.

5) If you take me down, ok, I'll work it, I understand enough to do that.

6) If you take me down and I feel I am genuinely threatened, I'll stab you. lol

Otherwise, for my age, my entering, boxing and throwing is ok. My kicking is pretty average, my state of mind towards physical conflict is good. :)

Sardinkahnikov
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Have you guys read Kennedy and Guo's Jingwu book? It raises some interesting points regarding this discussion of how kung fu was back in the day. The problem seems to be that we don't really have a clear picture of how the real-deal kung fu fighters - soldiers, bodyguards and militiamen, mostly - did actually practice and fight. Through modern experimentation, we can imagine that it involved certain methods such as heavy conditioning, sparring and lots and lots of weapon work. But the problem remains to be the lack of actual historical evidence.

The only thing that 1953 video proves is that those two guys were bad. Period.

sanjuro_ronin
08-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Have you guys read Kennedy and Guo's Jingwu book? It raises some interesting points regarding this discussion of how kung fu was back in the day. The problem seems to be that we don't really have a clear picture of how the real-deal kung fu fighters - soldiers, bodyguards and militiamen, mostly - did actually practice and fight. Through modern experimentation, we can imagine that it involved certain methods such as heavy conditioning, sparring and lots and lots of weapon work. But the problem remains to be the lack of actual historical evidence.

The only thing that 1953 video proves is that those two guys were bad. Period.

An excellent read, just like their earlier book.
The thing is, we do have a pattern on what truly does work, NOW and now reason for that to have been any different THEN.
Lets look at strength training in the same time frame, there were some genetic freaks of old and some of their feats have yet to be duplicated, but they were freaks and as such, we "scratch them out", just as we do those on the lower part of the totem pole.
We focus on what worked on the average guy and what the average guy did.
You will see very little change in that regard:
IF a person wanted to get stronger they needed to lift more than they were used to.
We have a similar pattern in MA:
When people wanted to developed their skills, they trained hard, physical fitness was crucial and they fought as much as they could.
They also had no problem in cross training and cross "borrowing" what worked from other styles.

MysteriousPower
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
in all fairness, the macao clip is nothing but a dead horse.
definitive of lazy minded punks more than having anything worthwhile to reminisce about the uselessness of young man Chan or Old man Wu. They both weren't realistic about their training and they allowed a big pile of cluster hump to castrate any real deminstration they might have given.

Notice how troll boy has nothing to say or answer about the afghan face kicking champ who claims kung fu as his style.

In fact, troll asshats like this one will never ever face up to that much less put up anything demonstrating some prowess of their own.

This is how ass hat trolls are.

I can see that Chan and Wu were useless. So what. I don't practice their crappy styles in any way shape or form. lol And I don't care to. Further more, I can't be bothered with any of the run off that came from either of them so I don't go there.

When I first saw that clip, before mysterious ass hat was born, I was determined to not practiec either of those styles. This is my personal preference.

I also don't bother much with jiu jitsu for some similar reasons.

1) It's too bandwagon and there is a lot of crappy bandwagon instruction out there.

2) MRSA

3) I don't compete

4) I don't really care much about grappling.

5) If you take me down, ok, I'll work it, I understand enough to do that.

6) If you take me down and I feel I am genuinely threatened, I'll stab you. lol

Otherwise, for my age, my entering, boxing and throwing is ok. My kicking is pretty average, my state of mind towards physical conflict is good. :)

I did not view your Afgan Kung Fu clip because I thought it you were making a joke. I seemed to have angered you. :). Do more nei gong, grasshopper for you are entering the dark side of the force. It is too bad that you have not realized that you cannot master your emotions by waving your hands in the air and making a porno by yourself. Conflict(sparring/pressure testing) is the real way for martial artists to reach enlightenment. I hope your posture is still good after 16 more years of nei gong. You should really take me off ignore cause you are missing some great replies.

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I was just looking up random free sparring videos and did was not trying to read the "label" of the styles. The fact that these guys are not doing "tcma" does not negate the fact that they are showing the principles of tcma in action. Who cares what the label is. Does it work or not? I knew that if I typed in kung fu into youtube the same crap would come up. So I used "sparring" instead and it worked wonders. The fact is that these guys are atleast hinting at being able to apply tcma principles and the fact they do not study tcma makes it even more interesting.
well, the original point of this thread, as I understand it, was in regards to TCMA practitioners demonstrating (or not demonstrating) TCMA principles; so while I agree that the sparring is of a much higher level than the original two clips, I would argue that the principles are not TCMA per se, given that the origin is other than TCMA; of course, what it does demonstrate is that the principles of TCMA are not unique, and although the way that they are articulated and trained might be different than something like MT, ultimately, it does come down to a question of semantics, and also the awareness that different systems can train different ways and arrive at the same end result;

Do you purposely argue mundane points?
do you purposefully need to communicate like a sarcastic pr1ck? I mean, you started this thread but I guess I missed the post with the instructions about what you consider to be acceptable content :rolleyes:

Is there not a television near you to keep you entertained? :D
lol, as far as staying entertained, obviously you are in greater want thereof, given your incessant harping on a point that you have already clearly established all over the forum...

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
oh im well aware of all that...HAHA....he was from the White Dragon School of CLF and in my opinion....well....let me just say i had to reteach him everything and he's been doing CLF for 9 years prior to me. i took him back to the beginning and started all over.

his sparring came from them as well and i've been spending that last year or so trying my best to correct all of his bad habits. he has a lot of bad stuff ingrained in him and i hate it. one thing he does that i can't stand is that hopping with his feet.

But in regards to some of his openings, i make sure he knows how to close them. both hands we train to be active whether its offense or defense

i don't focus on forms over sparring or learning to use this. he clearly applies some of his CLF and YES there were no head shots.....later sessions did include them as they would put the head gear on cause they're kinda heavy handed.

but i appreciate your critique....
that makes sense; and based on comparison to the second clip, all I can say is, well-corrected <golf claps>

I also liked watching again how your training brother moves - nice sense of timing and distance...

YouKnowWho
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Even if this clip is old, I think this is still an excellent clip. It constantly reminds us that if we don't want to look like this in any future challenge fight, we better train hard and also train in the corerect way.

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
lmao...golf clap huh? sarcastic arse :p

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/BLASTERsk8/anims/golfclap1.gif

GeneChing
08-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Guys, I'm still trying to get over MK's monkey riding goat post (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1034259&postcount=4) here. That alone has been worth the price of clicking this thread. I must forward that one along. It's my fav web offering of the day.

MK for the win.

bawang
08-24-2010, 04:55 PM
These guys were kung fu "masters" and they were throwing the same overhand combinations at each other. What happened to superior hitting power, superior timing, superior strategy, sensitivity, rooting, maiming, killing???

cantonese kung fu is cantonese

bawang
08-24-2010, 05:38 PM
old 1980 footage of shaolin monk fighting a taekwondo guy in korea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMui1Ei0XM&feature=related

taai gihk yahn
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
lmao...golf clap huh? sarcastic arse :p

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x66/BLASTERsk8/anims/golfclap1.gif

that was one funny asz movie, man!

hskwarrior
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
This is some lost possibly even stolen shaolin monk skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU2xqav5wLk&feature=related

wiz cool c
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Mysteriousloser get a life and stop hating so much. Try creating instead of destroying.

Syn7
08-24-2010, 09:46 PM
lol i thought forsure somebody was gonna post that ever so short shaolin monk vs korean tkd master video... im still waiting for somebody to actually post the whole video one day... i doubt we'll ever see a real video of a real monk either fighting or even free sparring realistically... esspecially with other styles... not aslong as they are buddhist anyways lol... the whole who would win a shaolin monk or ___ conversation will always fall back to the fact that we've never actually seen anything that says forsure they can fight... i like to think they can... i mean, they fought off small armies... fought with armies... pirates etc etc... the lessons learned had to be incorporated into their styles we see today... add the whole dawn till dusk conditioning thang and i like to believe they would be absolute killers in competition or on the street...

Lokhopkuen
08-25-2010, 01:18 AM
More kung fu fighting. Why do guys put this stuff up on the internet? I think we have a hsing i/ba gua person 'sparring'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sLJ4pk50E&feature=related

You think this is traditional gung fu? You're high:D

bawang
08-25-2010, 01:50 AM
The problem seems to be that we don't really have a clear picture .
http://www.docin.com/p-32986381.html

hi pls

i reveal ancient kung fu secret. only on chinese google. white ppls cannot find.

taai gihk yahn
08-25-2010, 04:26 AM
http://www.docin.com/p-32986381.html

hi pls

i reveal ancient kung fu secret. only on chinese google. white ppls cannot find.

so, are the sword wielding monkeys on pp.3237 - 3240 any relation? (think I'm joking? go take a look...)

Syn7
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
dude... i wanna download this... i cant read the icons though... is that an option??? help me download this book some1... pretty please...

Syn7
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
its admirable that people dedicate lifetimes to complicated styles, but i feel they should master the simple ones first... too many martial artists start with overly complicated styles then are left to wonder what happened when it doesnt work for them in a real fight... once you have the basics, then go out and learn the crazy stuff... not before... i think thats the biggest problem when people start talking about the legitimacy of CMA... too many people dont learn to crawl before they walk, let alone run... and if you really want to be able to fight you need to do alot of sparring... and not point sparring with pilsbury doughboy suits on... four once cloves a cup and a mouthpeice are enough sometimes... not to say there isnt room for the light stuff, just dont fool yourself into believing its like realworld experience...

Lucas
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
imo you should be able to walk into any kungfu school, and in the first year have your basic punches, kicks and blocks, down, and be able to apply them in hard sparring. and a year is being kind.