PDA

View Full Version : Pfff, tired

Dave P
08-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Tired of all discussions of coloured flag 's, boats, or whatever.
History is repeating, in politics again... with again new 'older' branches, all much better than what we have ever seen. It's like Ip Man ++... pfff... but very important (???) much more historically proven more authentic. (Or did Ip Man just leave all the sh.t out?

Wing Chun seems to be very poisened, by all politics. How can we expect people to take this all serious? To take Wing Chun serious at all???

Today, I made a very well overthought choice. The forum that I'm running in Europe (www.vt4um.eu) is now open to all Ip Man Wing Chun lineages. Please feel welcome to visit after your visit to KFM.

Anyway, enough for me, and sorry for sounding so frustrated.
Let's get back to what Wing Chun is all about... "Fighting"

HumbleWCGuy
08-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I just assume that it is all made up. Best thing to do is just train and show your "legitimacy" in competition.

Syn7
08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
you could have a 5000 and 0 record in vale tudo and somebody would say "that **** wouldnt work in the street" ... or you could be an undefeated street fighter and some **** would still be like "my cousins girlfriends uncles best friend in colleges hamsters previous owners great uncles best friends son would kick your ass!!!"

and if you challenged him and won you would still hear "he had three broken ribs and a fractured wrist from training so hard and he is so tough he came out and fought anyways, healthy he'd kill you" and so on...

it never ends and never will, unfortunately... i just do what i do, keep an open mind and try to be as realistic about my choices as possible... im not going to cling to something that isnt working out and defend it till death simply out of pride...

sihing
08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
It has to be understood that most of the problems in the world stem around peoples attachment to the things they do, think or believe in. The WC politics and constant bickering is due to this same problem, people are attached to their lineage, WC family, association or group. Attachment to something is natural, but if you are unaware of this, then that is where the problems begin. You become identified with it, it becomes you, you become it and when someone disagrees with it, it's like getting punched in the face, you take it personally.

The best thing to do is do your own thing, of course learn from whomever you can, evaluate if it has any value to you, and go from there. Practice hard, understand what you are learning, and be realistic about it. Most of us here are not fighters, meaning we are not fighting anyone else on a consistent basis like a pro or amateur would be, we're hobbist at best, with a great love of this art of Wing Chun.

James

couch
08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
A forum for martial arts is quite pointless. Can't learn about the fight unless I'm working on the fight.

I look at a forum as a way to connect with people from all over the world, find out about seminars, etc. I don't look at the forum as a way to learn anything about Wing Chun, however.

HumbleWCGuy
08-25-2010, 04:38 PM
you could have a 5000 and 0 record in vale tudo and somebody would say "that **** wouldnt work in the street" ... or you could be an undefeated street fighter and some **** would still be like "my cousins girlfriends uncles best friend in colleges hamsters previous owners great uncles best friends son would kick your ass!!!"

and if you challenged him and won you would still hear "he had three broken ribs and a fractured wrist from training so hard and he is so tough he came out and fought anyways, healthy he'd kill you" and so on...

it never ends and never will, unfortunately... i just do what i do, keep an open mind and try to be as realistic about my choices as possible... im not going to cling to something that isnt working out and defend it till death simply out of pride...

From my perspective morons will always be morons. Some people will fall in to the "new oldest lineage" junk and believe that this person can whip you crap but if you can train produce tough fighters, people will only talk when you aren't around which is proof positive that you are on the right track. The newest oldest lineage and Billy Bob's hampster's cousin will talk on the down low because they recognize that you can go in and put a Chinese Connection style beating on their school.

duende
08-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Tired of all discussions of coloured flag 's, boats, or whatever.
History is repeating, in politics again... with again new 'older' branches, all much better than what we have ever seen. It's like Ip Man ++... pfff... but very important (???) much more historically proven more authentic. (Or did Ip Man just leave all the sh.t out?

Wing Chun seems to be very poisened, by all politics. How can we expect people to take this all serious? To take Wing Chun serious at all???

Today, I made a very well overthought choice. The forum that I'm running in Europe (www.vt4um.eu) is now only left open to all Ip Man Wing Chun lineages. Please feel welcome to visit after your visit to KFM.

Anyway, enough for me, and sorry for sounding so frustrated.
Let's get back to what Wing Chun is all about... "Fighting"

Wow.... you're joking right? The most infamous WC infighting and bickering of all time was between two Yip Man lineage.

Now you got two second generation YM/WSL groups in-fighting over forms and understandings...

Sorry but the rest of us non-YM WC'ers got nothing on the YM lineage in terms of family feuds and long standing arguments.

Best thing to do is not get caught up in that crap, and instead just take people as they come one by one.

The irony of it all... is that for all the posturing you hear from WC's practitioner's time and time again... about WC being a "concept" art etc..

Despite these claims...

Essentially what everyone argues about is silly techniques! No concern whatsoever for the concept at all! Go figure..

It's F'ing ridiculous!

Anyways, imo WC is not about individual interpretations and understandings... who told who this... but not that... who said what to who....

Take a step back from that crap, learn to look beyond techniques and you'll start to see the bigger picture.

Only then can the concepts that our art is truly based on, be finally recognized.

duende
08-25-2010, 11:24 PM
From my perspective morons will always be morons. Some people will fall in to the "new oldest lineage" junk and believe that this person can whip you crap but if you can train produce tough fighters, people will only talk when you aren't around which is proof positive that you are on the right track. The newest oldest lineage and Billy Bob's hampster's cousin will talk on the down low because they recognize that you can go in and put a Chinese Connection style beating on their school.

Right... and this is why you won't tell anyone here either your name or your school. :rolleyes:

Sorry.. couldn't resist. :D

HumbleWCGuy
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Right... and this is why you won't tell anyone here either your name or your school. :rolleyes:

Sorry.. couldn't resist. :D

That would apply if I talked smack to people who are actually tough and/or knew what they were doing. However, I do not.