PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck rewrites civil rights history

SanHeChuan
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Glenn Beck rewrites civil rights history (http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/08/26/bunch.beck.history/?iref=polticker)

WOW:eek:

YouKnowWho
08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
One of these days, I'll smash my TV just because Glenn Beck's "ugly" face appears on my TV screen.

Hebrew Hammer
08-26-2010, 01:17 PM
This guy is the village idiot with a pulpit and his own tv show....how do people pay attention to the crap he says? Its all done with the soft hand of fear mongering and misinformation. I caught a clip of one of his shows where he had this Washington DC insider on there who was going to spill the beans on all the corruption and dirty tricks going on in DC...he set aside a whole show for it, and the guy reneged on everything...Beck was floored and looked like fool he is.

Syn7
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM
crazy mormons... :rolleyes:

Lucas
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
i have heard alot about this glenn beck guy but never saw him. 2 days ago i turnon my phone and there he is (flo tv is my only tv source) so i watched it for a couple minutes, until the very noticable religious agenda got too sickening.

Syn7
08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
the thing about beck is that alot of people who dont know who he is get roped in by him because he seems pretty cool at first and if you arent that intelligent in the first place, he's capable of making you agree with him... he spells it out, changes facts to suit his point and people fall for it all the time...

Lucas
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
how did this guy get his on show and become so famous? is he somebody special or something?

David Jamieson
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
The over 60 generation still trusts the government institutions and believe that people in civil service are above the board. For the most part.

this is due to the propaganda that they were exposed to throughout their lives.

Of these people, there is a percentage that like the message that Beck puts out and couldn't care less how revisionist, reductionist or twisted that it is. they like to be seen and known as relevant and Beck gives them that relevancy.

The under 60 generation is a complete about face for the most part.
Better educated overall, willing to question the motivations of government institution and not willing to just agree with the government for the sake of it and believing that the right thing will be done.

When you take a little more of a look at the big picture, you see that Beck doesn't gain any audience, he merely builds on the one he already had. That mindset was there to begin with and regardless of whatever truths you put in front of a mind that doesn't want to see them, they won't.

Change comes in a generational progression. When the old generation goes away with time, that's when change occurs in a society.

Follow the time line of your own family and you'll see that to be true. Apply it to the whole society and you'll make that notion concrete. because it's trues barring the extremes and outliers which are deviant anyway and not in holding with the median or majority thought.

The only constant is change. It is folly to long for the past. It's nice to reminisce on it though. I guess Beck is just messing with their emotions for his own ratings and of course to get them to sell their gold for under market value. :p

Lucas
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Follow the time line of your own family and you'll see that to be true.

I see exactly what you mean. My family line goes all the way back to satan himself, and im almost like jesus. so ya....

David Jamieson
08-26-2010, 07:21 PM
I see exactly what you mean. My family line goes all the way back to satan himself, and im almost like jesus. so ya....

yeah, my grandfather went from horse and buggy with a bunch of friends in his youth who could not read or write, through 2 wars into the 50's and the construction of the interstates and past landing on the moon.

His world was fast moving too, but very different as far as what he perceived the world to be.

With My father, it was the same. He perceived the world and acted within it differently from his father and now. I do a different walk than my father did and I also have a different world view on many levels.

I would imagine for my son, this pattern repeats.

SanHeChuan
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Even money he fakes an assassination attempt. :(

KC Elbows
08-27-2010, 09:03 AM
The average American of any political stripe has a farcical knowledge of civil rights in the sixties, no knowledge of civil rights history in the larger context, no knowledge of what segregation actually was, no knowledge of reconstruction, no knowledge of the role of industry leaders in fighting civil rights, no knowledge of the role of economic leaders in fighting it, no knowledge of the abject failure from the beginning of state governments in actually creating any equality for groups that civil rights protected, and no knowledge that the opponents of civil rights as a right for minorities always rephrased their opposition into constitutional terms and legal terms when their arguments were known commonly to be based on biological terms, i.e. that "they" aren't as good as "us".

U.S. history before college generally tells the average American nothing relevant about the main topics that have always been vital knowledge for voting in America.

The argument that civil rights programs are unfair was first popular among people who didn't want fair, had every opportunity to make things fair, and used that opportunity to keep things unfair. The argument that state's rights should take priority on such issues utterly failed to produce any equality: in fact, it was used to prevent equality. The argument most commonly comes from people who not only did not want a solution, but who had no problem because they benefited from unfair conditions.

"State's rights" is one of the largest systems of welfare for the American bigot. It has almost always, in questions of race, created a system that rewards some whites for nothing, at cost to actual working people.

Xiao3 Meng4
08-28-2010, 10:44 AM
As a Federalist, I believe the Federal Government should be a slave to design - not to any SPECIFIC design, but to design itself.

The dream of Federalism is to have a group different geographic regions obtain equal services and infrastructure through a set of mutually agreed upon decisions. In theory, if one region develops a better way of doing things, then that new method is adopted by the country as a whole (this last point needs to be facilitated more, imo.)

The Opposite of Federalism would be to have every Province or State fend for themselves - to have every geographic region take care of its own services, infrastructure and laws. If this is the case, then why bother having a unified Country at all?

Civil Rights are best dealt with through a Federal model.

It is very disturbing to see anti-federalists (if that's what they are, I think they're just power hungry) invading civil rights locations on civil rights days in order to denounce the civil rights movement, all in the name of a religious, anti-federal agenda.

I foresee further invasions of historic locations and dates... :p

David Jamieson
08-28-2010, 11:47 AM
and the jets fly overhead *dooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh*

Syn7
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
The argument that civil rights programs are unfair was first popular among people who didn't want fair, had every opportunity to make things fair, and used that opportunity to keep things unfair. The argument that state's rights should take priority on such issues utterly failed to produce any equality: in fact, it was used to prevent equality. The argument most commonly comes from people who not only did not want a solution, but who had no problem because they benefited from unfair conditions.

"State's rights" is one of the largest systems of welfare for the American bigot. It has almost always, in questions of race, created a system that rewards some whites for nothing, at cost to actual working people.

arizona being a relevant example in todays america... they dont even wanna celebrate MLK day...

also, i agree with mark steyn on the failure of multiculturalism... its not a race thing, its a culture thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEGJb5W5ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMe7R83RSdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS881VXMc0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1FDYlBc9o

i dont agree with everything said 100% but i agree with most of it...

"discussing cultural relativism with a cultural relatavist is like playing tennis with some guy who says your ace is just a social construct..." mark steyn

goju
08-28-2010, 02:38 PM
what is annoying about glenn is he has the habit of saying something very wise then immediately turning around and saying something very stupid :eek:

its like he has bi polar intelligence:D

Syn7
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM
what is annoying about glenn is he has the habit of saying something very wise then immediately turning around and saying something very stupid :eek:

its like he has bi polar intelligence:D

yeah he ropes people in then changes tempo once he feels he has their attention...

solo1
08-30-2010, 09:03 AM
yeah, my grandfather went from horse and buggy with a bunch of friends in his youth who could not read or write, through 2 wars into the 50's and the construction of the interstates and past landing on the moon.

His world was fast moving too, but very different as far as what he perceived the world to be.

With My father, it was the same. He perceived the world and acted within it differently from his father and now. I do a different walk than my father did and I also have a different world view on many levels.

I would imagine for my son, this pattern repeats.

Well said DJ.