London England With
John P. Painter PhD. ND
Lineage holder of Li family Jiulong Baguazhang

September 11-12 of 2010

DRAGON ROLLING THE PEARL BAGUAZHANG PRINCIPLES
Contact Instructor Bowen at
07949 535 812
or email rey@baguaengland.com

DRAGON ROLLING THE PEARL BAGUAZHANG PRINCIPLES: internal connections and coordination to develop whole body power.\

You will learn:
Immortal Man Step/Rolling Step Explained
The Swallow Step & Ba Step Turning Patterns
How to be in motion and stay rooted
The Wedge: structure and usage
Correct turning methods for speed power and saving the knees
Select Applications based from Dragon Rolling the Pearl Template

About Dragon Rolling The Pearl:
This is the foundation training of the Jiulong Baguazhang schools located in the USA, Canada and the UK. These workshops offer the same material for those attending the annual Jiulong Baguazhang workshops around the world.

The seminar starts at 9:30am on Saturday with Quiet Sitting, Kai Men Daoyin Warm-ups followed by Power Standing. After the warm-ups, the Rolling the Pearl template will be reviewed alongside an explanation of how these relate to Jiulong Baguazhang training.

Jiulong England, the only recognized UK club of the Nine Dragon system of combat Baguazhang (Eight Trigram Palm), will welcome its Shifu, Dr John Painter in September for a weekend of intensive instruction and training.

Nine Dragon Baguazhang was founded by Dr John Painter who was instructed in the Li family style of Baguazhang by Master Li Long-Dao, originally from Sichuan in China. Master Li’s family moved to East Texas, USA in the 1950s and Dr Painter, then a thirteen-year old boy and neighbor, was one of his two last students.

The young Dr Painter was taught the comprehensive range of internal martial arts including Daoyin, Xingyiquan (Mind Intention Boxing), Baguazhang and Taijiquan by Master Li, alongside other external styles of martial arts such as Tibetan snake boxing. Dr Painter has spent the last fifty years perfecting his art and is still learning daily as he teaches at his school, The Gompa in Arlington, Texas. A well-respected martial artist, Dr Painter has trained and exchanged ideas with the likes of Master Jou Tsung-Hwa, Willem De-Thouars, B.P. Chan, Wang, Jiurong, Master Henry Look, and Dr Yang Jwing-Ming just to name a few. This is the first time visit of Dr. Painter to our school in the UK at a weekend intensive, hosted by Jiulong England’s chief instructor, Mr Rey Bowen.

Rey Bowen said, “I feel very privileged that Dr Painter has accepted my invitation to come to London to teach me and my students. This is an enormous honor.”

“My own martial arts journey started over thirty years ago when I studied kung fu, Taijiquan and then, I chanced upon Bagua. I was taught by a few notable practitioners but when I came across Jiulong Baguazhang, the system felt right for me and I have never looked back since.”

The Jiulong system of close-quarter Baguazhang is a practical ‘street’ martial art that is suitable for anybody regardless of age, body type and initial ability. Previous experience in the martial arts is not required for the beginner but consistent practice and hard work is required to gain proficiency. Portions of this art are taught to US law enforcement officers, including sheriffs, corrections officers, police trainers and members of the DEA and FBI.

The main approach behind the system is the building and cultivation of internal strength that can be called upon at will, manifesting itself in explosive power. Normal classes start off with qigong (meditation and breathing exercises), Daoyin (yogic exercises) and Zhan Zhuang (standing exercises). This is followed by circle-walking, using the principles based upon biomechanics and at the higher levels the I-Ching.

If you live in the vicinity of London England please come welcome Dr. John Painter to our city and spend two days learning and having a great time as well.

Contact Instructor Bowen at
07949 535 812
or email rey@baguaengland.com

Limited space available please register early

More information at

http://www.baguaengland.com/workshops.html