PDA

View Full Version : 7 Star Mantis Genealogy

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-19-2000, 02:49 PM
(This is not a political question, but a historical question)

Which family tree do you descend from?

Thank you for taking time to answer this poll

Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy

[This message was edited by Qi Xing Tong Long on 09-20-00 at .]

loki
09-19-2000, 03:31 PM
Hi QXTL,

I am under the Chiu Chi Man lineage. Sifu Chiu Luen is my SiGung and Carl Albright is my Sifu. I would just like to ask if I may why you have restricted this historical poll to just the CCM and WHF clan. I realize that these are the two most well-known 7 * lineages in the U.S. but there are others as well such as Chen Chun Yee. He retired a few years ago and left his school to his son. I believe he was Sifu Tony Clark's Sifu. Sifu Clark has been featured in Inside Kung Fu magazine.

I only bring this up because it seems that anytime the names CCM and WHF are put together it always turns into some sort of debate and since you state that this poll is for historical purposes only I felt that needed to be clarified. There are other well respected Sifu out there who trained under Master Law Kwong Yuk , not just the 2 mentioned here. And in a historical perspective their names should not be left out.

Good topic though

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

Qi Xing Tong Long
09-19-2000, 05:02 PM
Loki:

You are correct, but at the time of me posting this I didn't have names of the other masters, but I will repost the survey again with the new names, my apologies to anyone if they felt insulted. But one of the main reason's also was that, these two masters have more following then the rest, not to say that the others were not good. But most of the people here in the US either come from CCM or WHF.

Again my apologies to all.

Ortiz, Sifu

Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy