PDA

View Full Version : Frank Yee is a great man

blackjesus
09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I didn't know that he teachs kids FOR FREE in China, 9 months a year until I watched a Mainland Chinese TV programme on Youtube!

Respect.

GeneChing
09-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Read The Method of Hung Ga's Ging (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=651)by Master Frank Yee (translated by Pedro Cepero Yee) from our 2006 May/June Hung Ga - Wong Fei Hung Collector's Issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=650).

Faruq
09-24-2010, 01:37 PM
But doesn't Frank Yee live in NYC? How's he on the mainland 9 months a year?

Rolling Fists
09-25-2010, 09:25 AM
He comes to the states 3 times a year where he's involved with Chinese New Year, seminars and testing.

taai gihk yahn
09-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I didn't know that he teachs kids FOR FREE in China, 9 months a year until I watched a Mainland Chinese TV programme on Youtube!

Respect.

you know, when you make statements like this (about anyone really), you may be surprised how many people turn up with a perspective markedly in opposition to this; just because someone makes a very public show (hint hint) about their "good deeds", doesn't mean that there are not other things that go on out of the public eye, such as dealings with individuals in a manner hardly befitting a "great man", that are far less flattering;

of course, I know that in the world of TCMA, we are only supposed to look at all of the wonderful things done by the multitude of honorable sifu and praise them for their altruism until our teeth bleed, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the hypocrisy and backstabbing that runs rampant within the community in regards to what happens "behind the scenes"; and of course, should anyone DARE say anything that might disabuse the general public about said greatness or suggest anything other than across the board Boddhisattva-like behavior, they are summarily shouted down by all and sundry for their lack of respect;

of course, if the truth were laid out bear, then it wouldn't be possible for former gangsters who owned gambling dens and staged robberies to rob their patrons and had to leave Chinatown because they shot someone to re-cast themselves as grandfatherly all-knowing sifu's teaching taiji to soccer moms in suburbia!

hskwarrior
09-25-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.motivatedmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/soccer-milf.gif

Syn7
09-25-2010, 06:11 PM
of course, I know that in the world of TCMA, we are only supposed to look at all of the wonderful things done by the multitude of honorable sifu and praise them for their altruism until our teeth bleed, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the hypocrisy and backstabbing that runs rampant within the community in regards to what happens "behind the scenes"; and of course, should anyone DARE say anything that might disabuse the general public about said greatness or suggest anything other than across the board Boddhisattva-like behavior, they are summarily shouted down by all and sundry for their lack of respect;

yeah that bothers me...

also its okay to be loyal to your sifu... and if you spend time on a personal level and become friends thats cool too... but some people elevate their sifus to these demigod levels and its just rediculous... the only thing worse than giving that kind of respect, is when one is demanding it... a la nam anh, you could say... orthodox indeed... :rolleyes:

its at its worst when its a shady character that is being put on that pedestal... how the students will defend and defend and never once look at it objectively... and you know that whole formula we see over and over where one takes their sifu's words as gospel... they talk of facts and offer 2nd hand opinions:rolleyes:

goju
09-25-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.motivatedmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/soccer-milf.gif

god ****, god ****, god ****!

hskwarrior
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
yes yes yes

Faruq
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
He comes to the states 3 times a year where he's involved with Chinese New Year, seminars and testing.

Okay, cuz didn't he used to have a school in NYC from which he did an ESPY-TV video on Hung Gar? I figured he'd have to be living there to run a school there. Of course the comments since my first post in this thread kind of explain things since then, but then I'm guessing he did used to live in NYC until the posted events occurred....

Rolling Fists
09-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Okay, cuz didn't he used to have a school in NYC from which he did an ESPY-TV video on Hung Gar? I figured he'd have to be living there to run a school there. Of course the comments since my first post in this thread kind of explain things since then, but then I'm guessing he did used to live in NYC until the posted events occurred....

There are multiple schools (branches) of Yee's Hung Ga in the states. The episode on ESPY-TV was filmed at the Clifton, NJ branch which is also the headquarters.

I am unsure as to where he resides when he's in the U.S.

Rolling Fists
09-27-2010, 02:59 PM
you know, when you make statements like this (about anyone really), you may be surprised how many people turn up with a perspective markedly in opposition to this; just because someone makes a very public show (hint hint) about their "good deeds", doesn't mean that there are not other things that go on out of the public eye, such as dealings with individuals in a manner hardly befitting a "great man", that are far less flattering;

of course, if the truth were laid out bear, then it wouldn't be possible for former gangsters who owned gambling dens and staged robberies to rob their patrons and had to leave Chinatown because they shot someone to re-cast themselves as grandfatherly all-knowing sifu's teaching taiji to soccer moms in suburbia!

Are you also implying that Frank Yee is to be characterized as such?
Just wondering since he's the main subject of this thread.