PDA

View Full Version : Test of your lineage skills

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Okay, make two lists, initials only for simplicity. First list, the initials of the kung fu sifus in your lineage above you in a direct line, second list, a patrilineal list of males in your family, from your father back. No looking at paperwork, this is all off of your memory. The real Confucian fun is determining which group you have shamed by your ignorance.

Mine's easy:

Kung fu: MR, CMS, KQW

Family: JJK, JJK

I have shamed my family!

I'm curious to see how many wing chun and choy li fut people here know their kung fu lineage far more extensively than their family itself, and probably get in less online arguments about it as well.;):D

MightyB
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Kung fu: LKY, WHF, CHY, HC

Judo: JK, NS, JK, DM

BJJ: JK, MM, CG, RG & CG Jr., RM, TG ,LA

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Kung fu: LKY, WHF, CHY, HC

Judo: JK, NS, JK, DM

BJJ: JK, MM, CG, RG & CG Jr., RM, TG ,LA

And your biological family?

Chief_Suicide
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Kung Fu: WJ, HC, MW,
Family: WO, WO, JO, HO, FO, AO then myself

David Jamieson
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM

he doesn't have one.

you know, lab experiment and all that...

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
he doesn't have one.

you know, lab experiment and all that...

B is for bunsen burner.

MasterKiller
09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Kung Fu: LYD, LDJ, HCH, DS, Me

Family: RHT, Me

bawang
09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
my kung fu lineage: john from ymca, some guy i met in a park called dave, friends from school, my uncle, taoist immortal zhang sanfeng

for some reasons white ppls dont wanna study kung fus from me :confused:

MightyB
09-10-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm the manifestation of Gene's subconcious. I'm the realization of his super ego made whole by chronic insomnia.

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm the manifestation of Gene's subconcious. I'm the realization of his super ego made whole by chronic insomnia.

Coach Ross?

jdhowland
09-10-2010, 11:12 AM
#1: tct, nym, whw, wyl, sl ...
#2: tct, awn, nsj, wlh, sl
#3: tct, hn, nyt, ckp, ch, cf et al.
#4: fk, tjm & lcf, nsj, wlh, sl

filial: (reportedly) jvh, gfh, gwh...

Yep. Seems to prove a point. The kf lineages go back to c. 1800. A complete void before that. But the names were supposed to be important, so I learned them.

Family name goes back 450 years but I only know the first three and the last three. Nobody thought it was important.

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 11:21 AM
#1: tct, nym, whw, wyl, sl ...
#2: tct, awn, nsj, wlh, sl
#3: tct, hn, nyt, ckp, ch, cf et al.
#4: fk, tjm & lcf, nsj, wlh, sl

filial: (reportedly) jvh, gfh, gwh...

Yep. Seems to prove a point. The kf lineages go back to c. 1800. A complete void before that. But the names were supposed to be important, so I learned them.

Family name goes back 450 years but I only know the first three and the last three. Nobody thought it was important.

Hey, you know more of either than I do!

DBAC
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Kung Fu: FXD, LKY, CCM, LKW

Family: EC, AC, RC, MC

Of course I had our first ever family reunion a month ago, so I just learned who everyone was past my father! :D

bawang
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM
a northern saying goes "authentic sh1t kung fu is sh1t"
the only ppl that are obessed about lineage is white ppls aneways loll

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Dude, you're only supposed to make fun of the white guys behind their back. You've broken the cardinal rule, and now you must fight Wong Jack Man!

EarthDragon
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
kung fu, SKL, WXT, FHY, CHL

family, dad & grandpa??? wow what a test to make you feel like an adopted stepchild orphan

KC Elbows
09-10-2010, 12:57 PM
kung fu, SKL, WXT, FHY, CHL

family, dad & grandpa??? wow what a test to make you feel like an adopted stepchild orphan

Whatever you view as family works, I suppose it was narrow to think patrlineally.

EarthDragon
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I know right? its just sad to think that I know more about my kung fu famiy than my bloodline.... perhaps if I were royalty I would know more about my family tree....

Syn7
09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
well if its all true i can trace back my kf lineage pretty far since ive been learning about it lately... but for family i can only get as far back as my great grandfather all 4 of em, oh and one great great grandfather from stories, but the other 3, just great grandfather...

dont know much after that...

TenTigers
09-10-2010, 07:03 PM
my KF lineage goes back 8 generations, my family goes back two and the rest are ashes, lampshades and soap....

mooyingmantis
09-10-2010, 07:09 PM
my KF lineage goes back 8 generations, my family goes back two and the rest are ashes, lampshades and soap....

Sad holocaust reference! :(