PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Claw Literature/Articles

ngokfei
10-30-2001, 03:16 AM
Just thought I'd share some source mateiral on Eagle Claw.

For recent ARticles (sorry chinese only and if you have a china town near you).

Jing Wu 2001-7 on pages 22-24 has a really good article on Chan Tzi Ching and his life and style.

Wu Lin (aka Martial World) 2001-9 and 2001-10 have a 2 part article on Eagle Claw. Lin Kuen information I believe. by sifu Wing Kit Lam of HK.

later

eric Hargrove
ngokfei@juno.com

Paul Skrypichayko
10-30-2001, 05:45 AM
Hey Ngokfei, did Wing Kit Lam recently write a book on eagle claw? I think it was wubei eagle claw, and something else, in Chinese though. I just caught a glimpse of it - any opinions?

Do you know of any other eagle claw books in Chinese?

CrushingFist
10-30-2001, 10:32 AM
he wrote a book on it, but i definately wasn't impressed.

ngokfei
11-01-2001, 11:17 PM
Yes wing kit lam has done manybooks on ma.

Eagle Claw Fist Poem - list all the ec hand forms witht he classical names of all the moves in the forms. Also gives some info on lin kuen and qi gong.

Eagle Claw 8 step connecting fist (bat bo lin wan kuen) and shaolin fist (siu lam kuen). Great forms. Some say for beginners but the techniques are anything but. The first one is very short but the 2nd is very shaolin in origin.

Eagle Claw 5 flower leopard (ng fa pow) and front flowing method (chin lau sai. Good forms to learn. Why don't you like the forms crushing fist?

the only problem I see with the books is that there are no applications shown. So just an archiving.

he has also done books on Mantis, Chin Wu and Wing Chun.

later

eric Hargrove
ngokfei@juno.com

Tainan Mantis
11-02-2001, 06:57 AM
You mentioned Wu Ling. Are you referring to the magazine called Taiwan Wu Ling?

I have Wing Kit Lam's book on Ba Bu Lien Huan Chuen. In fact I have 4 different books with that form. The other 3 books do the form as I was taught it. Two of them even show the 2 man form.

I bought Wing's book because he seems to have some interesting information on what the 8 steps are.
But his form has some differences from mine. I've been wondering which is the older version.

I agree with what you said about it being for beginners. Very effective techniques, all which are found in my Mantis style. I find it is very good for teaching beginners but full of devestating techniques.

Recently on the Mantis board Mantis108 has provided some information that Mantis and eagle claw are very closely related and that the first PM form, Beng Bu, has a lot of eagle claw. Do you know anything about that?

Also that the mantis inventor was good friends with a famous eagle claw man?

CrushingFist
11-03-2001, 04:32 AM
i THink there is a bung bo kune in eagle claw as well.

CrushingFist
03-30-2002, 01:44 AM
hi, i didn't like the books, but i can't even remember why. if i saw some pictures once again i could probably recall why hehe.

on another note, do you want to trade eagle claw articles? i have some articles aswell, im interested in trading! lmme know byebye