http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0Ok6Am5Hw

sh1t gets real LOL.

Dragonzbane76
09-21-2010, 03:08 AM
really was a one sided fight don't you think. :rolleyes:
have to respect the GNP.

sanjuro_ronin
09-21-2010, 06:00 AM
If you don't know how to fight, don't fight.

EarthDragon
09-21-2010, 06:11 AM
it is useless when ppl put up a video and call it a "style against style" especially one like this, there was no fighting invloved just a guy getting beat up who doesnt even know how to defend himself. I would hope this was posted for what it is and ppl wont say TKD sucks and MMA is better.

MightyB
09-21-2010, 06:18 AM
it is useless when ppl put up a video and call it a "style against style" especially one like this, there was no fighting invloved just a guy getting beat up who doesnt even know how to defend himself. I would hope this was posted for what it is and ppl wont say TKD sucks and MMA is better.

Ummm.... oh heck, I want to, but I'm not going to say it.

It is textbook typical of the one on one training you get in the one that's better that I'm not going to say is better though.

EarthDragon
09-21-2010, 06:22 AM
its just so silly when peo0ple compare styles and not ppl. I know a guy who had 2 BB in okinowan karate and a kid with zero trainnig whooped his arse.... does thsi mean karate is no good? or was tit one guy couldt fight and the other could... just saying

MightyB
09-21-2010, 06:29 AM
its just so silly when peo0ple compare styles and not ppl. I know a guy who had 2 BB in okinowan karate and a kid with zero trainnig whooped his arse.... does thsi mean karate is no good? or was tit one guy couldt fight and the other could... just saying

As I've said in the past... "some people are just plain tough".

MightyB
09-21-2010, 06:31 AM
what I noticed in this vid... square up, eat a punch to score the takedown and mount, b!tch slap the guy to get him to give you his back... and finish him. It's BJJ 101. All white belts after 2 months of training know how and can do this.

sanjuro_ronin
09-21-2010, 07:29 AM
what I noticed in this vid... square up, eat a punch to score the takedown and mount, b!tch slap the guy to get him to give you his back... and finish him. It's BJJ 101. All white belts after 2 months of training know how and can do this.

Yep.
Pretty much and kind of sad that it can work on the vast majority of people that have trained for years.

MightyB
09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
IMO all TMA guys should go take BJJ to get a blue belt. It takes less than a year and it gives you everything you need to get back to your feet in a fight. Anything more is for tournament BJJ.

sanjuro_ronin
09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
IMO all TMA guys should go take BJJ to get a blue belt. It takes less than a year and it gives you everything you need to get back to your feet in a fight. Anything more is for tournament BJJ.

Or a year of MMA, yes, I agree.

David Jamieson
09-21-2010, 09:53 AM
lol. I read the video description and at the end it talks about how the guy who was ktfo'd there got up and was looking for another chance to "kill that guy".

meanwhile, his pal pulled a knife!

wow.

kids eh?

Knifefighter
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
OK, sometimes you CAN KO someone with elbows to the back of the head if they are clueless on the ground! :):eek::):)

Frost
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM

so its just coincedence then that all the good fighters happen to walk into a BJJ/thai boxing school and the just dumb luck that all the videos of TCMA guys fighting out there turn out to be guys not good at their style?

ANd it was dumb luk that all the early UFC's managed to somehow pick all the cr&p TCMA guys and all the really good sports guys

Knifefighter
09-21-2010, 10:33 AM
so its just coincedence then that all the good fighters happen to walk into a BJJ/thai boxing school and the just dumb luck that all the videos of TCMA guys fighting out there turn out to be guys not good at their style?

ANd it was dumb luk that all the early UFC's managed to somehow pick all the cr&p TCMA guys and all the really good sports guys

No, it was a consipiracy. The early UFC's screened out all the good TCMA guys because they were afraid they might win.

I mean it wasn't like UFC 2 & 3 had ads in the martial arts mags recruiting fighters to fight in the UFC... oh, wait a minute... they did have those ads looking to get fighters.

Syn7
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
seemed more about ego than making any sort of valid point... the point was made years ago... well rounded fighters do better than one dimesional fighters on average and not sparring quality opponents gets your ass kicked... everything else is just pure ego...

sanjuro_ronin
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
seemed more about ego than making any sort of valid point... the point was made years ago... well rounded fighters do better than one dimesional fighters on average and not sparring quality opponents gets your ass kicked... everything else is just pure ego...

Well, now that you defeated the internet, what are you going to do?

Syn7
09-21-2010, 12:07 PM
disneyland... ofcourse...

David Jamieson
09-21-2010, 12:08 PM

virtually all videos of this type depict a sausage fest of college agers.

who gives a **** what they do or don't study? lol

They're goofy vids that prove nothing other than young men like to fight in order to gain some perceived status in their otherwise mundane lives.

cest la vie

p.s early ufc did'nt attract many Kung Fu practitioners. heck, now ufc doesn't attract anyone who doesn't want to train to that venue. I'm surprised people don't get this.

Kung fu guys don't go to boxing gyms either, go figure! lol

wrestlers are seldom found boxing too! horror!

MT camps don't feature much in the way of grappling!!! :eek:

Oh nozors!!! It's a construct designed for a particular venue and ruleset and yes, youngsters can apply it on the streets for realzors!!!

try and perfect a flying kick that you can land a lot. that's hard.

choking out some loudmouth outside a dorm...not so much. lol

Syn7
09-21-2010, 12:15 PM
MT camps don't feature much in the way of grappling!!! :eek:

lots of grappling in muay thai... some muay boran is also more rounded than the newschool ring styles...

anyways, they clinch alot... there are throws... yadda yadda yadda

KC Elbows
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
The conduct in that video is called a guaranteed prison sentence waiting for a well deserving sociopath. It amazes me how many online mma nutriders cry foul when accused of following a thuggish culture, but hasten to enjoy and use as an example this sort of thing. I'd imagine it drives some interested parties to wrestling and judo. I don't think bjj needs the kinds of fans it has.

David Jamieson
09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
lots of grappling in muay thai... some muay boran is also more rounded than the newschool ring styles...

anyways, they clinch alot... there are throws... yadda yadda yadda

clinching and throws are available in many styles of kung fu. that's still not ground work really. Don't make excuses for MT because it's popular. lol :p

Syn7
09-21-2010, 12:30 PM
its not ground fighting but its still grappling...

a good chunk of grappling is standing... look at greco...

David Jamieson
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
its not ground fighting but its still grappling...

a good chunk of grappling is standing... look at greco...

Kung Fu has plenty of grappling in that context then.

I mean if we're talking about locks, traps, clinches, throws etc I would say that tcma has even more of that than MT does.

SoCo KungFu
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
The conduct in that video is called a guaranteed prison sentence waiting for a well deserving sociopath. It amazes me how many online mma nutriders cry foul when accused of following a thuggish culture, but hasten to enjoy and use as an example this sort of thing. I'd imagine it drives some interested parties to wrestling and judo. I don't think bjj needs the kinds of fans it has.

Except that according to some of the comments posted it was the TKD guy going around trying to start the fights and just happened to eventually find one. Which makes sense given that after it was done he still wanted to go try and fight again...

KC Elbows
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Except that according to some of the comments posted it was the TKD guy going around trying to start the fights and just happened to eventually find one. Which makes sense given that after it was done he still wanted to go try and fight again...

Except?

Come on, any adult(18+) I know is not going to turn a fight brought on by a mostly helpless idiot into an excuse to follow up, from the moment the idiot is finished, to hit him fifteen times in the head and follow up AFTER that with fifteen elbows to the head, UNLESS that adult is a sociopath. The only exceptions I ever knew of were where someone's sister or girlfriend was raped or someone else was beat up BADLY. You're excusing sociopathic behavior: simply because some idiot get themselves in situations doesn't make the response of a sociopath admirable.

Really, you do know that that video would put that kid in jail if it were ever connected to him, right? It's stupid, and the only reason I can believe there are actually adults who would promote a kid making those sorts of horrible calls is because I've known a lot of martial arts teachers, and they are often the worst about feeding the ego.

I know of young martial artists locally who behave exactly that way at that age, and they are all in bad legal trouble now. If that kid wants to fight in the ring, if he doesn't want serious legal trouble, that clip is a weight around his neck, not anything for anyone to be proud of.

David Jamieson
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
yeah it's clear the guy who beat up the other dude who was on the ground with all the elbows to the head had some "issues".

anyone who does that is basically just passing time til they go to prison for some violent crime.

I mean, the video doesn't even necessarily present what lead to the incident. It could've for all we know just been an assault and the accompanying story is a total fraud.

we don't know and it is teens on youtube beating each other up.

I'd rather watch beiber lipsync quite frankly. at least, if I had to choose between 2 1 minute videos. :D

SoCo KungFu
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Except?

Come on, any adult(18+) I know is not going to turn a fight brought on by a mostly helpless idiot into an excuse to follow up, from the moment the idiot is finished, to hit him fifteen times in the head and follow up AFTER that with fifteen elbows to the head, UNLESS that adult is a sociopath. The only exceptions I ever knew of were where someone's sister or girlfriend was raped or someone else was beat up BADLY. You're excusing sociopathic behavior: simply because some idiot get themselves in situations doesn't make the response of a sociopath admirable.

Really, you do know that that video would put that kid in jail if it were ever connected to him, right? It's stupid, and the only reason I can believe there are actually adults who would promote a kid making those sorts of horrible calls is because I've known a lot of martial arts teachers, and they are often the worst about feeding the ego.

I know of young martial artists locally who behave exactly that way at that age, and they are all in bad legal trouble now. If that kid wants to fight in the ring, if he doesn't want serious legal trouble, that clip is a weight around his neck, not anything for anyone to be proud of.

No my contention is that your comment is isolating mma as being "thuggish" when there are idiots in all walks. Like the one that started the fight and got obliterated and yet still wanted to fight some more.

KC Elbows
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
No my contention is that your comment is isolating mma as being "thuggish" when there are idiots in all walks. Like the one that started the fight and got obliterated and yet still wanted to fight some more.

I never called mma thuggish, did I? A segment of its fans, yes, a surprising number of its nutriders, but not the art nor many good people who practice it. Seriously, normal people find that dude sociopathic. Your argument amounts to "So what about Hitler, that other dude's a kleptomaniac!":D:p:D

Although I'm suspecting all mma proponents are sensitive, based on your response.:D

Syn7
09-21-2010, 03:25 PM

for sure... it just doesnt have ground fighting... lots of grappling tho...

grappling is anything where you grab, hook or in any other way tie up any part of ones body... clinching has a grappling element but isnt all grappling... one could even argue that the whole block/parry trap strike combo we see in tcma so much is grappling, or has grappling elements i should say... but thats kind of a grey area... i know when you say grappling people usually think of wrestling or bjj types...

Syn7
09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
there will always be thugs in martial arts... not everyone trains respect, love and pure self defence... lots of cats train all sorts of fighting styles for the sole purpose of using it to hurt others, for wahtever reason... lil d!ck syndrome, napolean complex, maybe they just think its cool and girls will like them, or they have friends who egg them on... any fighting style is gonna have a thuggish element... tcma has bred tons of thugs in china and around the world... most think its bowing and saluting and respect and all that but alot of tcma gangsters put alot of time into training to simply hurt people for whatever reason they may have, collections and whatnot...

Frost
09-22-2010, 12:09 AM

I mean if we're talking about locks, traps, clinches, throws etc I would say that tcma has even more of that than MT does.

so please show us TCMA guys whipping a$s using this standing grappling....thanks in advance

Dragonzbane76
09-22-2010, 03:19 AM
I guess you could look at TCMA having "grappling" if you put it in that context. Any movement with touching would fall into that catagory.

What we don't see is a well defined clinch and ground game.

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 05:06 AM
so please show us TCMA guys whipping a$s using this standing grappling....thanks in advance

Sanshou throws are all from traditional kung fu to my knowledge. Are you saying they magically don't require clinch skills?

Are you saying you've never seen a sanshou match, but you supposedly studied cma intensively? I'm pretty sure you're not saying that, but you're a bit unclear on that.

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 05:08 AM
I guess you could look at TCMA having "grappling" if you put it in that context. Any movement with touching would fall into that catagory.

What we don't see is a well defined clinch and ground game.

What you don't see is a well defined ground game. Chen style has a ton of clinch work, most of the shuai jiao heavy styles do.

Frost
09-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Sanshou throws are all from traditional kung fu to my knowledge. Are you saying they magically don't require clinch skills?

Are you saying you've never seen a sanshou match, but you supposedly studied cma intensively? I'm pretty sure you're not saying that, but you're a bit unclear on that.

Ill give you sanda I was thinking more about traditional styles like hung gar, mantis, choyleefut wing chun i dont see guys outside a sporting enviroment actually training the clinch much do you...apart from chen tai chi that is I have never come across a traditional style that does the same amount of clinch training as thais do have you?

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 05:23 AM
However, good job on not giving the impression that some mma supporters are morally ambivalent on some guy elbowing someone fifteen times in the back of the head after the fight for the most meaningless of slights. You've all really shown us to be wrong when we suggest there might be an image issue that would turn reasonable people away from your doors.

It's like you want this event to be about the superiority of what style you think is your's and your's alone.

So, here's a quick summary of the main lessons we seem to be getting from the 'mma is all things good' crowd: you will need to study bjj to defend yourself against sociopaths in bjj.

Cool, thanks, bye. Already liked bjj before your latest morally dubious desparate bid for converts through acting twenty years younger than your actual age and yelling at people until they recognize your 'truth'. Again, you flat out don't behave this way anywhere your father, mother, or significant others could see, and you know it. You make a good point seem worthless by the means you choose, especially considering there are at least ten reasonable guys with more experience than y'all in both kung fu and mma on this site who make the same points without acting like children. People who come here shouldn't have to put up with your poor attitude just because you can't disagree civilly: in the real world we all live in, we all know you have to be civil, or you wouldn't have jobs, friends, or family; time to recognize that here is no exception just because you'd like it to be.

If you want a forum where there is an allowance of jerkiness, I think you know where one is, this isn't it.

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Ill give you sanda I was thinking more about traditional styles like hung gar, mantis, choyleefut wing chun i dont see guys outside a sporting enviroment actually training the clinch much do you...apart from chen tai chi that is I have never come across a traditional style that does the same amount of clinch training as thais do have you?

Sanda throws are from traditional styles. Sheesh.

I've seen Chen, Wu, and even Yang lines that did so, as well as zhao bao that did, taixu, baji.

Why is it appropriate to turn a thread about a sociopath into this argument? And how have you not seen clinching in anything but Chen when Chen style clinching is not entirely different from the rest of the main line taiji styles? I mean, they're obviously **** close to the same.

LSWCTN1
09-22-2010, 05:37 AM

not coincedence no, its a mentality issue!

if you have the typical untrained wannabe thug, who has nothing but aggression and heart, where is he going to choose to train? a tai chi class? wing chun?

BS!

HE'S GONNA BE A 'CAGE FIGHTER'!

now if tai chi was the ONLY option to him, under a good instructor too, is the guy going to become a good fighter still?

you can bet your @nal virginity on it!

Iron_Eagle_76
09-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Has anyone ever come to the conclusion or attitude of "I just don't give a sh**it"?

I guess what I am getting at is the MMA/TMA argument is as old, boring, and tired as arguing religion vs. atheism. I mean, you have one group who believe one way, tries to provide facts and evidence to support their claim or theory, and than yell and scream at the other how wrong they are. Why do you care? Personally, I have trained several different styles of martial arts, and have found good things in all of them. But I really don't give a rat's a**ss what Joe Blow on KFM thinks of this or that.

Sure, I might argue or put my two cents in, but it is mostly for entertainment purpose rather than trying to covert someone's belief, because quite frankly, I don't give a fu**ck what you believe.

If someone is ignorant enough to think that all MMA fighters/practioners are thugs with neck tattoos, sideways hats, and poor walking posture, you are dumb.

If someone is ignorant enought to think that all Kung Fu practioners are pony tail wearing, khaki short sporting, incense sniffing new age hippies who ponder the secret of life, you are dumb.

As most of us with life experience know, there are no absolutes in anything. And there is also a good chance that the person on the other side of the keyboard you are screaming your doctrine to doesn't give a fu**ck what you think!

David Jamieson
09-22-2010, 05:53 AM

why?

Just go visit an actual kung fu school. Seeing as you're in the UK (or so your location badge says), I presume you have kungfu schools there? Live and in context is much more meaningful than teenage angst fight vids from college.

And you won't see monks in the ufc either. lol. And you won't see burmese boxers there, or anything but those folks that train to that venue.

And finally, I'm willing to bet there are warehouse loads of things YOU haven't seen in your life. lol, doesn't mean they aren't there.

the measure of one man's experience, or even a hundred together is not the measure of what is. By far.

Myopic views only close doors to understanding. :)

Iron_Eagle_76
09-22-2010, 05:57 AM
On a side note, does anyone else love red heads as much as me?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/danaleeo/RedHeads.png

http://www.tchirts.com/store/images/P/redheads_do_it_t-shirt_b2-01.jpg

David Jamieson
09-22-2010, 06:05 AM
NO.

Can't stand gingers. they're evil and satanic!

Iron_Eagle_76
09-22-2010, 07:05 AM
NO.

You are canadian, you look funny, and you fail at life. Just thought I'd throw that out there.:D

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Has anyone ever come to the conclusion or attitude of "I just don't give a sh**it"?

I guess what I am getting at is the MMA/TMA argument is as old, boring, and tired as arguing religion vs. atheism. I mean, you have one group who believe one way, tries to provide facts and evidence to support their claim or theory, and than yell and scream at the other how wrong they are. Why do you care? Personally, I have trained several different styles of martial arts, and have found good things in all of them. But I really don't give a rat's a**ss what Joe Blow on KFM thinks of this or that.

Sure, I might argue or put my two cents in, but it is mostly for entertainment purpose rather than trying to covert someone's belief, because quite frankly, I don't give a fu**ck what you believe.

If someone is ignorant enough to think that all MMA fighters/practioners are thugs with neck tattoos, sideways hats, and poor walking posture, you are dumb.

If someone is ignorant enought to think that all Kung Fu practioners are pony tail wearing, khaki short sporting, incense sniffing new age hippies who ponder the secret of life, you are dumb.

As most of us with life experience know, there are no absolutes in anything. And there is also a good chance that the person on the other side of the keyboard you are screaming your doctrine to doesn't give a fu**ck what you think!

Three important points:

-Redheads are good.

-I'm not talking about many mma people, I'm talking about a notable number, especially on here. I happen to like different styles, look into them, including ones considered 'mma', it's not about the style at all, I'm equally perturbed by tma guys with silly viewpoints. BUT, this is a forum where people can go to discuss kung fu who like to, OR it's a forum where some folk can come and spend all day calling names, but it cannot be both, and while I find it convenient to use it for discussion and in keeping with what the forum is, I cannot help but come to the conclusion that only by accepting the most self centered, self absorbed attitude could I justify running around the boards calling people idiots on forums meant for discussion and thus trumping discussion for other folk. And, at seventeen and older, it's beneath one's age, so I'm gonna call it what it is. To coach one's name calling in terms of bringing truth to things is just an excuse, and none of these people would behave this way around their actual peers and be proud of it for one second.

-Redheads are still good.

Seriously, do you think Knifefighter returns home to his life partner of forty years and says, "Bubby, it was so awesome, I called a stranger in DeBuque stupid." I think not.

David Jamieson
09-22-2010, 07:12 AM
You are canadian, you look funny, and you fail at life. Just thought I'd throw that out there.:D

I am Canadian, I look and feel great, I have a decent job, make a decent salary, am married to a beautiful wife, own my own home and all that is within it, I support a few impoverished people out there in the world and spend a percentage of my money on assisting others with micro-loans in difficult countries.

I eat well, exercise regularly and am respected in my community and among my peers and especially within my wider family. I love and I feel loved.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :) lol

Iron_Eagle_76
09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Three important points:

-Redheads are good.

-I'm not talking about many mma people, I'm talking about a notable number, especially on here. I happen to like different styles, look into them, including ones considered 'mma', it's not about the style at all, I'm equally perturbed by tma guys with silly viewpoints. BUT, this is a forum where people can go to discuss kung fu who like to, OR it's a forum where some folk can come and spend all day calling names, but it cannot be both, and while I find it convenient to use it for discussion and in keeping with what the forum is, I cannot help but come to the conclusion that only by accepting the most self centered, self absorbed attitude could I justify running around the boards calling people idiots on forums meant for discussion and thus trumping discussion for other folk. And, at seventeen and older, it's beneath one's age, so I'm gonna call it what it is. To coach one's name calling in terms of bringing truth to things is just an excuse, and none of these people would behave this way around their actual peers and be proud of it for one second.

-Redheads are still good.

Seriously, do you think Knifefighter returns home to his life partner of forty years and says, "Bubby, it was so awesome, I called a stranger in DeBuque stupid." I think not.

I hear ya KC, my point was kind of a who cares type of thing. I'm not trying to sound hypocritical, I have touted off my opinion more than once on this forum. But I agree that people get way too worked up over some of this crap. I do see what you are saying about the rudeness and name calling and other such childish behavior, but it is the interwebs, where anyone and everyone can be a tough guy and call you a "Kung Fu Weenie" or "Ragin Cagin Douchebag". Believe me, the last thing I would ever want is for this place to turn into Bullshido but people will always cop an attitude and act the part on the internet.

And yes, redheads are still good.;)

Iron_Eagle_76
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
I am Canadian, I look and feel great, I have a decent job, make a decent salary, am married to a beautiful wife, own my own home and all that is within it, I support a few impoverished people out there in the world and spend a percentage of my money on assisting others with micro-loans in difficult countries.

I eat well, exercise regularly and am respected in my community and among my peers and especially within my wider family. I love and I feel loved.

Lifetime is calling you for the movie rights as we speak!:p

sanjuro_ronin
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Compelled...to...post...pics....of...redheads...

http://images.imageturtle.com/users/2859/ex/54123_redhead2.jpg

http://www.sweettanda.com/galleries/2009/02/jamie_sexy_redhead/thumbs/jamie_sexy_redhead-008.jpg

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 07:33 AM
People DO NOT, anymore, say whatever they want online, especially when their families are also more and more online. People on Facebook are constantly having to check themselves because of not wanting their families upset at them, and odds are, most of the people here do the same, EXCEPT here, but that won't last, and if someone's coming here to tell all of us how we're supposed to be, and they act exactly the opposite of how they're expected by others to be, I'll hold them to that standard.

The internet as a place of no consequences died a while back. That the forums are slow on figuring out that this is true is irrelevant.

Again, this is a topic oriented board, if someone comes here to call names who behaves differently on facebook for family, is different in person, and is not a fifteen year old, they will not like this being pointed out, it will spoil the fun of their troll, and that's tough. They need to stop being so self absorbed that their entertainment is more important than anything else.

Trolling forums gets less tail than D&D, end of story.

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 07:45 AM
AND, if you do kung fu and mma, and are here complaining that you never see kung fu guys do this or that, here's an idea: video yourself doing it, and THEN call for others to contribute what you didn't before either. It should be a general rule for all of us, imo.

If you're a kung fu guy, you can't expect anyone but you to do it.

/rant(maybe):D

Sardinkahnikov
09-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Compelled...to...post...pics....of...redheads...

http://www.believeinone.com/wp-content/images/rfcc/D.jpg

Did I get it right?

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Creepy, it's like his heads just floating in midair sans body.

MightyB
09-22-2010, 08:09 AM

I like your rant and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously - I've come to about the same conclusion. Anymore I just train in things that I find amusing at the time. I'd like to try some SJ, do some Philipinno stick and knife stuff, and play with handguns and machine guns. Heck -I'd even like to try slamming around a wooden dummy WC style. About the only thing that I don't like to do a lot of any more is a lot solo forms training.

Syn7
09-22-2010, 08:18 AM
the first readheads knees look a lil red too... looks like she been givin up the beak...

i dont think the mma vs tcma argument is bad, i think its positive and a part of growth on both sides...

we all know tcma has a hole in its game when it comes to ground fighting, but what about the other side of the argument... i think tcma has alot to offer cage fighters if they would take the time to learn... i think tcma has alot of relevant striking to offer and a decent amount of standing grappling, however you apply it and for whatever reason...

i see major holes in many mma stylists just as much as i see holes in tcma stylists... granted alot of mma is more rounded, but its new, and it wouldnt be what it is without the rest of the arts... it really wouldnt take much to get cma stylists on an equal playing field...

besides, at what point did mma become a style??? is boxing a style? NO, its a sport that has many styles that developed through finding ways to exploit the rule set to ones advantage...

add a ground game and take it to the cage, cma would catch up real quick... its already started... and the next step in the cma evolution is ground fighting... imo...

Syn7
09-22-2010, 08:19 AM
NO.

second one is just a daywalker!!!

Syn7
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
i am canadian, i look and feel great, i have a decent job, make a decent salary, am married to a beautiful wife, own my own home and all that is within it, i support a few impoverished people out there in the world and spend a percentage of my money on assisting others with micro-loans in difficult countries.

I eat well, exercise regularly and am respected in my community and among my peers and especially within my wider family. I love and i feel loved.

Just thought i'd throw that out there. :) lol

can i borrow 500 bucks???

and back to the mma vs tcma:

if one doesnt like kung fu why would one even be here??? unless its to display ego, i cant see why anyone who doesnt like kung fu would even want to look at this site...

goju
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM

that one guy used his tai chi and bagua throws in grappling comps
what was his name again? tim cartmell?

someone brought him up not long ago and noted people would pull guard quickly because he was known for his throwing techniques

Lucas
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
the follow argument you will hear is that he trains bjj now because of cma's lack of ground. but imo does not take away from his cma grappling/throwing background/experience/knowledge/application

but its also example of what a highly developed cma practitioner should look at as far as being a well rounded martial artist....food for thought.

as is obvious by his website:

http://www.shenwu.com/

we are alway going to be an accumulation of our experiences, knowledge, and general understanding.

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
the follow argument you will hear is that he trains bjj now because of cma's lack of ground. but imo does not take away from his cma grappling/throwing background/experience/knowledge/application

but its also example of what a highly developed cma practitioner should look at as far as being a well rounded martial artist....food for thought.

as is obvious by his website:

http://www.shenwu.com/

we are alway going to be an accumulation of our experiences, knowledge, and general understanding.

Good post.

Lucas
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
i was going to just be a smart ass and try to post something funny but i changed my mind...its a daily struggle...

:p

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 12:43 PM
i was going to just be a smart ass and try to post something funny but i changed my mind...its a daily struggle...

:p

Wait, you're funny?:D

Lucas
09-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Only around your woman!

KC Elbows
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Then you owe us your third of the house payment.

Lucas
09-22-2010, 01:10 PM
**** you...

Violent Designs
09-23-2010, 01:21 AM
so please show us tcma guys whipping a$s using this standing grappling....thanks in advance

this ...!!!

Iron_Eagle_76
09-23-2010, 05:02 AM
the first readheads knees look a lil red too... looks like she been givin up the beak...

i dont think the mma vs tcma argument is bad, i think its positive and a part of growth on both sides...

we all know tcma has a hole in its game when it comes to ground fighting, but what about the other side of the argument... i think tcma has alot to offer cage fighters if they would take the time to learn... i think tcma has alot of relevant striking to offer and a decent amount of standing grappling, however you apply it and for whatever reason...

i see major holes in many mma stylists just as much as i see holes in tcma stylists... granted alot of mma is more rounded, but its new, and it wouldnt be what it is without the rest of the arts... it really wouldnt take much to get cma stylists on an equal playing field...

besides, at what point did mma become a style??? is boxing a style? NO, its a sport that has many styles that developed through finding ways to exploit the rule set to ones advantage...

add a ground game and take it to the cage, cma would catch up real quick... its already started... and the next step in the cma evolution is ground fighting... imo...

Concerning the MMA/TMA argument, it's not so much that it's bad, it's just old. In 1993 the world discovered through the first UFC that if you did not know how to ground fight, you would most likely lose to someone who does. Period. Martial arts have evolved since then and continue to evolve, producing better training methods and overall fighters. TMA is still relevant so long as the practioner trains with resistance and pressure tests what he knows. That is really al there is to it.

I think the holes you see in MMA guys game is due to most coming in are grapplers and cross train and pick up striking. Your base is what you will almost always be best at and you can always tell a fighter's root style when they get in troulble because they will revert back to what they know they are best at. That being said, I agree there are CMA techniques that could be very relevant in MMA competition, but it also depends on one's training methods. We need more San Shou and Shuai Jaoi training methods of CMA and less Wu Shu flowery bull sh**it that we have too much of.

I disagree with you that boxing isn't a style. It very much is. Watch a street fight of someone with good boxing skills and it isn't hard to pick up on the fact that the person has trained in boxing. It is easier in many ways than to pick up on someone training TMA, CMA included in many instances. As most TMA trained right will end up looking like kickboxing. The reason is that is the base of what the fighting art is. No BS, no intricate moves, no retarded animal techniques that don't work, just basics for fighting. As for MMA as a style, it is being trained that way now so you could consider it. If a style teachs striking, clinch, and grappling it encompasses the ruleset of MMA so consider what you will.

David Jamieson
09-23-2010, 05:34 AM
can i borrow 500 bucks???

and back to the mma vs tcma:

if one doesnt like kung fu why would one even be here??? unless its to display ego, i cant see why anyone who doesnt like kung fu would even want to look at this site...

You're not familiar with the adage "neither a borrower or a lender be" ?

I'm intimate with it.

as for trolls, well, trolls will be trolls. the more emberassing part is how people get all wrapped up in them.

just troll 'em back. they love that. :)

Hardwork108
09-24-2010, 12:27 AM

I have asked that question here a thousand times, believe me. I can only assume that the all the MMA forums on the internet are full, so the overflow of knuckleheads come to this forum and make clueless posts about the TCMAs. :D

Hardwork108
09-24-2010, 12:31 AM
On a side note, does anyone else love red heads as much as me?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/danaleeo/RedHeads.png

I like red heads, but I am not sure about the red knees....:confused:

Or maybe she is "grappler" too, and spends a lot of time on her knees......I really have to give those UFCs a second look....:D

Hardwork108
09-24-2010, 12:38 AM

I wonder if you can donate to my charity, "Brain Cell Development for MMA Knuckleheads, Who Post in Kung Fu Forums, Instead of MMA Ones"? :D

Reyth
10-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Sanda throws are from traditional styles. Sheesh.

I've seen Chen, Wu, and even Yang lines that did so, as well as zhao bao that did, taixu, baji.

Ya Yang is full of Chin Na (clinching control techniques).

EarthDragon
10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
HD108

I can only assume that the all the MMA forums on the internet are full, so the overflow of knuckleheads come to this forum and make clueless posts about the TCMAs.

classic!

Hardwork108
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
HD108

classic!

LOL! I wrote that post, then submitted it, and had a look at it again later on, and laughted out loud..:)