PDA

View Full Version : Chuck norris tournament fighting in depth information

viper
09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Im preparing a sport psychology speech on a athlete and I thought Chuck would be something different does anyone have any links to in depth information about his fighting career maybe some of chucks ow insights into his career??

Syn7
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
im sure there is a TON of reading material on chucks MA career... autobiography, memoirs, biographies etc etc... i wouldnt be suprised if you found a book dedicated specifically to his sports career... sans film...

David Jamieson
09-23-2010, 07:15 PM
holy crap viper, google is your friend man. lol

in fact... Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Chuck+norris+tournament+fighting+in+depth+infor mation)

Eric Hunstad
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I have an interesting side note to Chuck Norris. Bob Wall (O'Hara from Enter the Dragon) told me (not me specifically, I was in a group of people he was talking to) that it's a little known fact that Chuck has never been in a street fight in his entire life. I'm not "hatin" on Chuck, he had/has a fabulous career and I love him (especially all the Chuck jokes!). I don't know if it's true or not, it's just what Bob Wall said and he indicated that they are good friends. If it is true, I respect Chuck even more.

Bob Wall is a colorful character and had lots of funny stories, but he also said Chuck has a great work ethic (obviously). He and Chuck have what they call "No Excuses Workouts" which is exactly what it sounds like.

Eric Hunstad
www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

viper
09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Lol let me google that for you. I am trying to find out about more his mental attitude towards his training and tournament fighting.

X_plosion
09-24-2010, 03:45 AM
You could check google books' archive of Black Belt magazine issues. They covered his tournament and teaching career as it happened.

TenTigers
09-24-2010, 05:00 AM
you could read his autobiography....

KC Elbows
09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
you could read his autobiography....

Do you have any video of this reading you speak of?

Dragonzbane76
09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.mirandacelestehale.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/chuck-norris-action-jeans.jpg

Dragonzbane76
09-24-2010, 06:46 AM
chuck fighting a bear.

that's one lucky bear.....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2XUgE6g7XU

TenTigers
09-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Do you have any video of this reading you speak of?
you're right. I should stfu....

David Jamieson
09-24-2010, 08:04 AM
you're right. I should stfu....

I did, and I feel better for it!

...wait...

Iron_Eagle_76
09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take sh**it off of anybody!:D

Syn7
09-24-2010, 09:47 AM
you should never stfu... you should argue your point to death... even if you know youre wrong, just ignore that part and keep clutching at straws... and if nobody wants to hear it, just WRITE IN CAPS and follow anyone who disagrees thru every thread and diss anything they say... really, its the manly thing to do... its what chuck would do...

Dragonzbane76
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
you should never stfu... you should argue your point to death... even if you know youre wrong, just ignore that part and keep clutching at straws... and if nobody wants to hear it, just WRITE IN CAPS and follow anyone who disagrees thru every thread and diss anything they say... really, its the manly thing to do... its what chuck would do...

I thought that was the SOP. :D:)

mickey
09-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Greetings,

Viper,

You are approaching this as if the guy has been dead for 20 years. (Oh gosh, another Chuck Joke: Chuck Norris has been dead for 20 years. No one has gotten close enough to notice.)

Seriously, try to contact him. I think he would welcome an interview on that subject. It would be a return to his roots.

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
09-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Chuck Norris and I approve of Snow White:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs603.snc4/58307_426546381315_523836315_5603991_980399_n.jpg

mickey
09-24-2010, 10:05 AM
sanjuro ronin,

Most boxers have the support plate placed on the outside of the hand before they wrap it. I see you had yours inserted. Smart move.

If you should ever think about hitting someone, please say a small prayer for them first.

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
sanjuro ronin,

Most boxers have the support plate placed on the outside of the hand before they wrap it. I see you had yours inserted. Smart move.

If you should ever think about hitting someone, please say a small prayer for them first.

mickey

IP is a *****, LOL !
And you should have been looking at Snow White, perv.

GeneChing
09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/chucknorristoiletroll.jpg

Man, I love Chuck (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39196) threads.

mickey
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
sanjuro ronin,

It is a little uncool to oogle at someone else'e squeeze (I am assuming she is). And if she is, I must say that I am completely fascinated by what the two of you are willing to wear to keep each other interested.

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
sanjuro ronin,

It is a little uncool to oogle at someone else'e squeeze (I am assuming she is). And if she is, I must say that I am completely fascinated by what the two of you are willing to wear to keep each other interested.

mickey

LMAO !!
That charming young lady, old enough to be my daughter, was the "Snow White" we hired for my youngest daughter Marisa's birthday party.
She did a great job and as you can see, even Chuck approved.

MightyB
09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Read this when I was in college: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Power-Within-Chuck-Norris/dp/055306908X/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285379853&sr=1-7

Should have what you're looking for.

Syn7
09-24-2010, 07:14 PM
LMAO !!
That charming young lady, old enough to be my daughter, was the "Snow White" we hired for my youngest daughter Marisa's birthday party.
She did a great job and as you can see, even Chuck approved.

all i got from that is that it was your kids birthday so you dressed up in your best chuck norris shirt... you get 7 points plus 3 bonus points for having snowhite and chuck norris in the same photo... i think you may be winning!!!

the prize is a lifetime supply of chuck norris TP and a pair of non binding chuck norris jeans with boots and stetson to match...

oh and a 3 foot tall chuck norris patch for your Gi...

mickey
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Viper,

Chuck Norris wrote a book titled "Winning Tournament Karate". You may be able to find this through bookfinder or ebay. Check you library as well.

mickey

SAAMAG
09-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Im preparing a sport psychology speech on a athlete and I thought Chuck would be something different does anyone have any links to in depth information about his fighting career maybe some of chucks ow insights into his career??

Why don't you call him? Contact his agent, publicist, etc...explain that you want to write an sport psychology speech and would like to get some insight from him, even if by phone.

You never know...

Syn7
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Why don't you call him? Contact his agent, publicist, etc...explain that you want to write an sport psychology speech and would like to get some insight from him, even if by phone.

You never know...

i bet he's alot more accessable than you'd think... maybe you can get a written interview, like send him qusetions and he can answer then thru email... or a phone interview if you are able to peak his interest with your subject matter... i bet your essay is rather unique to him, he prolly gets the same old questions day in and day out... a different way of looking at his career may be refreshing for a guy like that, a guy who constantly gets the same questions over and over from fans and writers...

viper
09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Thankyou everyone your help and suggestions have really helped me out thankyou all.

mickey
09-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Viper,

If you do decide to interview him, let us know how it went.

This past weekend I was in telephone contact with a famous musician and singer with regard to missing tracks from a movie soundtrack. The man was incredibly gracious. The conversation was very helpful in helping me zero in on the people I should be talking to about my search.

I hope my experience is encouragement to you.

Respectfully,

mickey

Jimbo
09-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Another old book that Chuck wrote (from 1973) is titled The Chuck Norris Karate System, by Chuck Norris and D!ck Tirschel. Although it's a very basic karate book, much more basic than his Winning Tournament Karate.