PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone seen this?

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Has anyone seen this video of a Leong Ting 5th Level Instructor's Chi sao match with a member of the audience, in some MA event, I assume in Hong Kong?

It was kind of embarassing for LT, in my humble opinion, that is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebGFH3lfbs&feature=related

I have seen it before, but I don't remeber wether it was here.

Knifefighter
09-25-2010, 07:30 AM
That's what happens when your partner actually resists, ties you up and doesn't play the standard "chi sao" game.

A perfect example of why chi sao has almost no fighting application.

SAAMAG
09-25-2010, 09:00 AM
What I think is funny is after the "5th level" realizes that this guy is good enough to offset his wing tsun, he gets ****ed and slaps the guy upside the head all hard.

The ending was the best when the 5th level went flying when the other guy disengages, and rightfully leaves the stage given that the "5th level" is starting to take it personally.

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 04:07 PM
That's what happens when your partner actually resists, ties you up and doesn't play the standard "chi sao" game.

Yet the man who tied the LT disciple, seemed to have chi sao skills. LT guy, made a lot of mistakes, that good chi sao instruction and following the principles would have cured.

Don't forget that the other guy was a KUNG FU guy as well. ;)

SAAMAG
09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Well to be fair no one said either was skilled, just that one was obviously better then the other.

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Well to be fair no one said either was skilled, just that one was obviously better then the other.

I did not really say that any of them were skilled, however, looking at a video clip is one thing, and touching hands with the people in them is another. The other guy obviously had enough skills to ruffle the LT instructor, however, sometimes it is the fighting situation dictates wether one looks "skilled" or not.

What I mean is that perhaps the 5th level LT instructor would have looked more skilled against someone else. Perhaps, his opponent in this clip would have looked even more skilled if it was a real fight? Who knows....;)

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok, let say something from an AUTHENTIC kung fu perspective. I don' t expect the Knifefighters or Niehoff´s of this world from getting this, without their heads exploding, leaving the remenants of their brains all over their keyboards and computer screens, but I will try and point out to things that one should notice about this video. I mean things that are relevant to a kung fu approach that correlate to what I have been learning:

The LT guy seemed the more confident and physically stronger, but notice the other guys reaction under attack, he attempts to keep his space, while retaliating; he never takes more than one step back to regain his lines; when he is overwhelmed physically, he goes back while circling (in an attempt to ANGLE); he does NOT retreat in a straight line!!!

His only real retreat results in his opponent, the LT 5th level instructor, ending up on his butt, and that is because he CHANGES ANGLES, and yes he disconnects. As for the ending up on the floor, then one must think towards kung fu rooting and principles of not rushing in, specially when out of one's root.!!!!

Please watch the vidoe again a few times.

That is the difference between Wing Chun and pseudo wing chun. I don´t know who the other guy was, but I believe he was not ranked as high as the LT guy, and that was lucky for the LT guy, because I assume that he had been, then the LT guy would have looked even worse in the encounter.

Knifefighter
09-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, let say something from an AUTHENTIC kung fu perspective. I don' t expect the Knifefighters or Niehoff´s of this world from getting this, without their heads exploding, leaving the remenants of their brains all over their keyboards and computer screens, but I will try and point out to things that one should notice about this video. I mean things that are relevant to a kung fu approach that correlate to what I have been learning:

The LT guy seemed the more confident and physically stronger, but notice the other guys reaction under attack, he attempts to keep his space, while retaliating; he never takes more than one step back to regain his lines; when he is overwhelmed physically, he goes back while circling (in an attempt to ANGLE); he does NOT retreat in a straight line!!!

His only real retreat results in his opponent, the LT 5th level instructor, ending up on his butt, and that is because he CHANGES ANGLES, and yes he disconnects.

Please watch the vidoe again a few times.

That is the difference between Wing Chun and pseudo wing chun. I don´t know who the other guy was, but I believe he was not ranked as high as the LT guy, and that would have been lucky, because I assume that he had been, then the LT guy would have looked even worse in the encounter.

Of course T and I could not wrap our brains around that... because we come from a realistic fighting paradigm.

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
PART 2.

In REAL chi sao training there is no standard way. There is of course the base, but in my training, you could hit grapple, take down and kick.

In other TCMA traditions, the chi sao is even free-er than that of Wing Chun.

You would not have known any of the above facts because you have not really trained authentic kung fu, ever!!!!

The mystery of why you (and others like you) insist on posting in this, a KUNG FU forum, keeps growing........

In my school of Wing Chun that what you are supposed to do, together with hitting your opponent.

And I thought that "Dumb and Dumber", was just a movie......:rolleyes:

Hardwork108
09-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Of course T and I could not wrap our brains around that... because we come from a realistic fighting paradigm.

Of course you wouldn´t wrap your brains around that, as you would need a fair amount of neurons, to do so.

Perhaps you should call on for help from Dragonzbane, Frost, Lkfmdc, Iron Eagle, and a few other "MMA is Best" knuckleheads? Perhaps if you put your neurons together, you will at least understand the first two lines of what I wrote?

Otherwise, just watch the d@mn video clip a couple of hundred times, and attempt to understand my comments relating to authentic kung fu approach of the LT guy´s opponent.