PDA

View Full Version : Your dedication

KC Elbows
10-04-2010, 09:10 AM
If you wrote a GOOD book on your kung fu, who would you dedicate it to?

Me(teachers): Zhang Hong-chao, the Reyes brothers, Chun Man-sit

(inspirations/for general info): The Gracies, Eddie Bravo(to incite argument among the bjj folk), Coach Ross, Paul Sacramento, TGY

(For doing the same work from their own spheres): MightyB, Lucas, Syn, SoCo Kungu, Iron Eagle, David Jamieson, Bawang

TenTigers
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I would dedicate it to Mysterious P.
-and everyone else who felt somewhat shortchanged by their TCMA experiences.

David Jamieson
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM
To my Dad, because he's dead and I learned a lot of what I know from him. :)

GeneChing
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Shaolin Trips (http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Trips-Gene-Ching/dp/1424308976/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276188031&sr=1-1) is dedicated to my wife. She puts up with me which is well worth the dedication.

In Stephen King's On Writing, King stated that first books should always be dedicated to the spouse, as they really know what it's about, or something along those lines...

SPJ
10-04-2010, 11:58 AM
dedicating to all the teachers that inspired you

so that when your book inspires more people.

the reader may know who you get your inspirations from.

---

MasterKiller
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Dedication in my first book:

For my parents and my daughter.

"For, while the tale of how we suffer, and how we are delighted, and how we may triumph is never new, it always must be heard."— James Baldwin

"I'd rather read about a live american bum than about a dead great god". –Charles Bukowski

sanjuro_ronin
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Dedicated to my wife, Lisa puts up with far too much MA **** than anyone should have to.

And an honourabale mention to far too many to name here, LOL !
Certainly you guys here that have allowed me to grow and learn from each and every one of you.
Some more than others(like you Brian), yes, but all very important to me.

But no Teacher, why?

I had a teacher once that said this to me:
You will have so many teachers in your life, but none will be more important than the other because, if you reach the end of your journey and are happy and satisfied with the the outcome and trip and say to yourself, " I got here with help but I did most of the work", then I and all of them would have done our jobs well.

KC Elbows
10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I can't be crediting my wife, I do taoist arts and she's always after my chi.

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
i dedicate to colonel sanders. he is my hero

Shaolin
10-04-2010, 03:15 PM
"Great people have great egos; maybe that’s what makes them great. Life’s all about ‘me’ anyway." - Paul Arden

This book is dedicated to myself. I sought out the knowledge, I put in the work to verify it, and I put it together so you can now read it.

SPJ
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlC5e7rCbPM

KFC

finger licking good.

:cool: