PDA

View Full Version : Chan Style Taichi Kwan Dao video..

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S4Ux5j62A

this guy knows quite a lot of taichi stuff.. 14 lb kwan dao? holy..

taai gihk yahn
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S4Ux5j62A

this guy knows quite a lot of taichi stuff.. 14 lb kwan dao? holy..

I don't care what he or anyone else says it is, I mean, if they want to call it taiji kwan dao, hey whatever, that's fine, but there's nothing particularly unique or "taiji-like" about it - in fact it's pretty much standard, run-of-the-mill kwan do techniques done at about 3/4 speed (which isn't really all that hard to do w/a 14# kwan do, so I don't know what's so "holy" about it)

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow.. you must be good then! I saw many kungfu place only use light weighted wushu kwan dao and those are about 2lb each.. a 14lb kwan dao is even hard to find where to buy!

You must be good man! Lets get a 25 lb kwan dao for ya and you show this guy your muscles! yeah! :)

I don't care what he or anyone else says it is, I mean, if they want to call it taiji kwan dao, hey whatever, that's fine, but there's nothing particularly unique or "taiji-like" about it - in fact it's pretty much standard, run-of-the-mill kwan do techniques done at about 3/4 speed (which isn't really all that hard to do w/a 14# kwan do, so I don't know what's so "holy" about it)

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
only 14 lbs and he can barely move. rpfllamao

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Come on. it's TAICHI, suppose to be slow... isn't it?

Hey, wait a sec.. moving with weights SLOWER is hard than moving fast! try lifting a kettlebell SLOOOOWLY up and then try swing it up high again. Which is easier? This guy really got some kungfu in him if this theory applies.. he is cool man, look at his outfit, it's so chinese from top to bottom..!

only 14 lbs and he can barely move. rpfllamao

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
minimum guandao weight to pass imperial exam is 80 pounds.

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow, you must be a man from the past history? Why on earth did you come to 2010 now? Are you alien or what? Please don't invade earth since we are still in the modern world enjoying green tea and moon cakes...!!! :)

Get a 80 pounds kwan dao and let me see, I want to see that LIVE, maybe the government would want that in their hall to show off that piece of thing.. haha!

Have fun day dreaming~

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Obviously you are a day dreamer and not a real kungfuman, pleaes read history...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_dao

Kwan Yu's Kwan dao is 18.263 kg = 40.2630 lb ONLY. 40 LB is heavy but still okay to lift. But 14 lb kwan dao nowadays is consider to be a heavy one. I saw a 25lb one on WLE.com once and was amazed by that thing already. If you make a 40lb kwan dao, I guess no one will buy it anyway.

Be realistic, admit this guy is better than you man~ haha! :D

For the military exam part, it's 150lb (72kg) to pass.. but all you do is LIFT it, not do a form with it, don't joke man.. try get a barbell, put 150lb on and do a form! crazy dude!

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
80 pounds is for training. 14 pounds is baby weight. training sword is even heavier than 14 pounds.
to pass the minimum weight 80 pounds u must succesfully twirl it.

the stone pillar for passing the lifting exam is 200 to 500 pounds.

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:52 PM
hey, as I said, you alien came from the past? Can I see your ID please?

Where is your 80 pound kwan dao, let me see it~!!!

80 pounds is for training. 14 pounds is baby weight. training sword is even heavier than 14 pounds.
to pass the minimum weight 80 pounds u must succesfully twirl it.

the stone pillar for passing the lifting exam is 200 to 500 pounds.

by the way, the weight lifting exam and stuffa re for those who are going through the exam to become a honor, not for military you dumb ass.. if all soldiers need to lift 200lb to pass, that would be ZERO soldiers in China back then.. can your dad or brother lift 200lb? get a life... those who are going through the exams are not ordinary people, those are those who want to get in honor and get hired to work for the royal, in chinese they are call 狀元

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
i train chen 13 spear with 20 pound iron stick with 40 pound weight vest. im trong.

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 02:56 PM
i train chen 13 spear with 20 pound iron stick with 40 pound weight vest. im trong.

That's totally not my question man.. I SAID, SHOW ME YOUR 80 POUND KWAN DAO~ Oh.. if you want, show me a vid of you doing chen taichi 13 spear form with 20 pound iron stick and 40 pound weight vest then. I want to see, I will promote for you and get you students !!!

By the way.. I don't practice kungfu at all, don't ask me to do anything to show you.. but I just aid that guy in the video was good because I like him and he have style, that's it. At least he do not bull**** stuff out like a kid but he just showed his video with what he do.. (hey, I like to play games, you played kungfu riding on PS3?)

bawang
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
noe. i dun kno u. wot if ur pedofile like michael jackson. im scare

Thekungfumania
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
dun you say you are strong??? you whimp~

noe. i dun kno u. wot if ur pedofile like michael jackson. im scare

taai gihk yahn
10-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow.. you must be good then!
:confused: dude, I'm not any better than the next guy - I've played around w kwan do a bit, so did the guys I trained with, it's not some super-secret über difficult thing;

I saw many kungfu place only use light weighted wushu kwan dao and those are about 2lb each..
and that's why the way that kwan do is played when it's wushu is different than how it's done "traditionally";

a 14lb kwan dao is even hard to find where to buy!
now you're just being silly:

The Kwan Dao holds a venerated position in the arsenal of kungfu. Kwan is the surname of General Kwan, a hero of the Three Kingdoms period (220-265 BCE). This product is made of heavy forge steel with a broad blade that measures 24'' in length and has a steel tip base 9'' in length. Overall length is 83.5'' from top to bottom. Overall weight is 13 lbs. Length and weight may vary. Now comes with a custom-fit weapon case! These new cases are constructed from durable black nylon, filled thick protective padding, complete with a sturdy handle and luggage tag. Only from MartialArtsMart!
http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-81cs.html

You must be good man! Lets get a 25 lb kwan dao for ya and you show this guy your muscles! yeah! :)
:confused: not sure what's the point of this statement?

GeneChing
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Check out Only the Strong By Chris Friedman in our 2009 September/October issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=830). It's about traditional strength training, specifically for shuai jiao. On page 12, there's some photos of heavy kuan dao training used for shuai jiao, demonstrated by Zhuo Quansheng, a three-time national shuai jiao champ. That weapon is solid steel and weighs in at 70 lbs.

Heavy guan dao training is very traditional, but rather uncommon nowadays. Back when I did Bak Sil Lum, we worked guan dao that weighed in at about a dozen pounds. I've seen heavy guan dao demonstrations with weapons that were extremely heavy - more than 50 lbs, less than 100. It's also a rare, yet fascinating act in Chinese acrobatics, along with heavy bow drawing.

Thekungfumania
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I am not joking, but almost ALL taichi masters in the china even the famous Chen's family sifu in chen's villiage use the wushu style kwandao, and I seldom see a youtube guy use a heavy one.. what is that about then? If you guys say it's not so rare for a taichi master to use a heavy kwandao, any proof with video to show?

maybe yourself?

Scott R. Brown
10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
By the way.. I don't practice kungfu at all, don't ask me to do anything to show you.. but I just aid that guy in the video was good because I like him and he have style, that's it. At least he do not bull**** stuff out like a kid but he just showed his video with what he do.. (hey, I like to play games, you played kungfu riding on PS3?)

BTW:

If you "don't practice kungfu at all", how narcissistic is it of you to think you can or should educate those who have trained for 20-30 years or more?

Just because you are an internet jedi and master of wikipedia doesn't give your opinion any merit here!:p

BTBTW: I liked the vid, but it is only impressive to fools, idiots, novices and know-it-alls who don't really know anything at all!:p:p

Scott R. Brown
10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
BTBTBTW:

Perhaps you should change your nom de plume to "theignornatkungfunarcissist"

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 12:32 PM
BTBTBTW:

Perhaps you should change your nom de plume to "theignornatkungfunarcissist"

Dosen't kungfu emphasize on the ethics? (武德) I don't see any in you at all. You say you practice for 20-30 years? what a waste of time for you to train under your master now, you better find one that teaches you how to be a good person and have good ethics instead of BSing on the internet then. Your mouth needs some listerine. What a horrible example of a kungfu-man. So ****y, so childish.:confused:

bawang
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
man hi pls ok lol mebbe

YouKnowWho
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
If you guys say it's not so rare for a taichi master to use a heavy kwandao, any proof with video to show?

maybe yourself?
I train Taiji but I don't consider myself any master (even I'm the same generation as Yang Cheng-Fu :D). I don't have Kwan dao but I do have 75 lb double heads weight bar that I like to play with.

http://johnswang.com/double_head.wmv

taai gihk yahn
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Dosen't kungfu emphasize on the ethics? (武德)
only in fantasy-land, make-believe, weekend-warrior kung fu; the Real Authentic™ Kung Fu was the purview of professional soldiers, security-for-hire guys, robbers, gangster, etc.; the whole wud de / mo duhk schtick was grafted onto the practice of martial arts to make it more palatable to the middle and upper classes, so that "retired" mercenaries who wanted to teach students instead of fight for their supper could gain a foothold into that strata of society;

I don't see any in you at all.
why? because he doesn't agree with you? because he points out the inconsistencies that you yourself exhibit? that is rather disingenuous on your part;

You say you practice for 20-30 years? what a waste of time for you to train under your master now,
he didn't say for how long he practiced - he used that as a general number as an example of many of the people who have trained here for around that period of time; your reading comprehension needs a great deal of remediation, sir;

you better find one that teaches you how to be a good person and have good ethics instead of BSing on the internet then. Your mouth needs some listerine. What a horrible example of a kungfu-man. So ****y, so childish.:confused:
you should talk - you have not even studied at all, by your own admission; and what do you know about Scott, what kind of a man he is, based on a few lines of internet forum banter? instead you sit in judgement with no evidence at all - you are the one who should be ashamed of your behavior, sir;

when you first posted I was not sure if you were trolling - at this instance, my inclination is that you are doing just that, given your lack of any TCMA experience coupled with your all-too-quick-to-condemn persona; and to that, all I can do is lament the further decline of admissions requirements and qualifications of KFMF trolling...

anyway, if you DO want to mix it up w this crowd, all I can say is Godspeed, you are in for quite a fun little ride...

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I train Taiji but I don't consider myself any master (even I'm the same generation as Yang Cheng-Fu :D). I don't have Kwan dao but I do have 75 lb double heads weight bar that I like to play with.

http://johnswang.com/double_head.wmv

Oh my god, you are taking that thing and dance around like that?? man.. you should try a real form and see if your wrist can really turn that around like a kwandao or something. It's totally different when you turn the thing with your wrist and swing around that thing like a kwan dao and switch hands. anybody can lift a barbell and dance like girl~

I mean.. try doing a double head staff form like using this thing, it will be totally different if you do a form and just swing your body around with a barbell...

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
That's good for you, I am glad you found your way like that. I am eye-popped about your kungfu too. Nice to meet you man. You are REALLY "outstanding" in the world of kungfu. I am sure you will beat jackie chan one day.

only in fantasy-land, make-believe, weekend-warrior kung fu; the Real Authentic™ Kung Fu was the purview of professional soldiers, security-for-hire guys, robbers, gangster, etc.; the whole wud de / mo duhk schtick was grafted onto the practice of martial arts to make it more palatable to the middle and upper classes, so that "retired" mercenaries who wanted to teach students instead of fight for their supper could gain a foothold into that strata of society;

why? because he doesn't agree with you? because he points out the inconsistencies that you yourself exhibit? that is rather disingenuous on your part;

he didn't say for how long he practiced - he used that as a general number as an example of many of the people who have trained here for around that period of time; your reading comprehension needs a great deal of remediation, sir;

you should talk - you have not even studied at all, by your own admission; and what do you know about Scott, what kind of a man he is, based on a few lines of internet forum banter? instead you sit in judgement with no evidence at all - you are the one who should be ashamed of your behavior, sir;

when you first posted I was not sure if you were trolling - at this instance, my inclination is that you are doing just that, given your lack of any TCMA experience coupled with your all-too-quick-to-condemn persona; and to that, all I can do is lament the further decline of admissions requirements and qualifications of KFMF trolling...

anyway, if you DO want to mix it up w this crowd, all I can say is Godspeed, you are in for quite a fun little ride...

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcluzwGI9A&NR=1

this is for your destiny, not kungfu at all. (maybe chinese soldiers back then have this kind of standard?) Quit kungfu now instantly and go over and leanr from this guy.

Xiao3 Meng4
10-06-2010, 03:13 PM
This one's tailor made for you. Go nuts. :D

Unless of course, you ARE "TheKungfumania."

In that case, you're nuts. :D

Scott R. Brown
10-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Dosen't kungfu emphasize on the ethics? (武德) I don't see any in you at all. You say you practice for 20-30 years? what a waste of time for you to train under your master now, you better find one that teaches you how to be a good person and have good ethics instead of BSing on the internet then. Your mouth needs some listerine. What a horrible example of a kungfu-man. So ****y, so childish.:confused:

As if you know anything about ethics? Or Kung Fu history? Or anything else?

As the narcissist you are I am not surprised that you believe you have the right and/or ability educate those you do not know about topics you don't know.

Oh my god, you are taking that thing and dance around like that?? man.. you should try a real form and see if your wrist can really turn that around like a kwandao or something. It's totally different when you turn the thing with your wrist and swing around that thing like a kwan dao and switch hands. anybody can lift a barbell and dance like girl~

I mean.. try doing a double head staff form like using this thing, it will be totally different if you do a form and just swing your body around with a barbell...

More narcissism!

Just because you are a wuss does not mean everyone else is a wuss too!

It is not, "The measure of your wussiness is the measure of the weakness of others"! It is "The strength of others is the measure of your own wussiness"!

That's good for you, I am glad you found your way like that. I am eye-popped about your kungfu too. Nice to meet you man. You are REALLY "outstanding" in the world of kungfu. I am sure you will beat jackie chan one day.

It is good that you recognize his superiority to you! That is the road to recovery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcluzwGI9A&NR=1

this is for your destiny, not kungfu at all. (maybe chinese soldiers back then have this kind of standard?) Quit kungfu now instantly and go over and leanr from this guy.

Oh Oh, back to the narcissim!

Why don't you go back to gazing at your countenance in a mirror! You are your only true friend. All we will do here is make fun of your pea brain!

I know, I know, just like every other two year old on the planet, negative attention is better than no attention at all!:rolleyes:

If you weren't so enamored with yourself you might make some friends and you wouldn't have to be so lonely!

taai gihk yahn
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM

look, no one appreciates good trolling more than me (or is it I?); but really, if you want to audition for Troll-of -the-week, u r really going to need to improve your schtick - right now, u r sorta like bawang-lite - that sort of wide-eyed, naiveté thing w a few non sequitors thrown in - I mean, it ain't bad, but it's been done - you need new material!

I'm w the Russian judge on this one - 4/10

YouKnowWho
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh my god, you are taking that thing and dance around like that??

Dosen't kungfu emphasize on the ethics? (武德) I don't see any in you at all.

Where is your 武德(Wude) when you laugh at others just for fun? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Where is your 武德(Wude) when you laugh at others just for fun? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't have any because I do not learn kungfu, hey dude, you read what I wrote before asking this question? are you 匹夫?

YouKnowWho
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
are you 匹夫?
Dude, you do know some Chinese.

Thekungfumania
10-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Dude, you do know some Chinese.

hey man, I like the culture and I do saw some movies of kungfu too.. they always say if you do not have the ethics, you are then a 匹夫.. ! too bad, i am not a kungfu man!

Scott R. Brown
10-07-2010, 02:20 AM
hey man, I like the culture and I do saw some movies of kungfu too.. they always say if you do not have the ethics, you are then a 匹夫.. !

That's Confucianism, you dolt!

Only idiots confuse entertainment with historical fact!

...too bad, i am not a kungfu man!

I would say it is a good thing you are not a kungfu man. Kungfu has enough dimwits associated with it!

I would work on improving your gene pool before you take on something as simple as kungfu, because real kungfu is too difficult for the likes of you!

bawang
10-07-2010, 03:21 AM
hes obviously the guy in the video

punchdrunk
10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
he's probably one of these 2 guys... gotta love their lineage hehe

www.chiinnature.com/eindex.html

this is good for laffs too..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVAORwf85yM&playnext=1&videos=cw5DUNhRRko&feature=mfu_in_order

form collectors bah!

KC Elbows
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Kung fu and all fighting is communicative. You can't judge or demo skill by the aspects one trains that don't show this, and don't involve someone else with skill.

That's the problem with the idea of thinking this guy has good or bad skill because of that set. He could be able to do that and not be able to use the weapon as a weapon, because the usage depends on being able to time those moves, which is a higher level skill, if one believes in such things, than simply doing those moves.

In my opinion, the traditional demos need to die to save the traditional arts. We don't judge the skill of an artist by their ability to do paint strokes, but by their painting and how it affects us. We don't judge a improvisational musician by their ability to do the scale, but by how they perform a song in that key. We judge martial arts far too often by demos that are really just training methods, and can thus be tricked into training to train, and missing that the training is based on results.

Thekungfumania
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
CRazy guy. you guys think I am the master in the video? I wish I am, but I aren't him. Knowing some chinese means I am him? oh wow!

I see you really have no brain because you do no kungfu at all. :mad:

taai gihk yahn
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
CRazy guy. you guys think I am the master in the video? I wish I am, but I aren't him. Knowing some chinese means I am him? oh wow!

Trolling grade: D-

Scott R. Brown
10-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Trolling grade: D-

This guy is awfu! I'd say he's a wannabe wannabe!

He probably has his d!ck in his hand while he types!

bawang
10-07-2010, 03:59 PM

stop being mean to me. ur lowering my self esteem