PDA

View Full Version : GSP Wants To Learn San Shou

GeneChing
10-05-2010, 12:36 PM
GSP Wants To Learn San Shou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0TB68uV3s)

;)

MightyB
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
The guy is a class act. He's great for the sport, and great for martial arts. Very open-minded and seems to have fun in the training.

Frost
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
really, i think hes a whinny excuse making whimp but there you go we all have opinions

ironclaw1981
10-08-2010, 02:58 PM
really, i think hes a whinny excuse making whimp but there you go we all have opinions

wow, hes far from a wimp!!! I really havent heard him whine or make excuses either!!! Everyone has haters, i guess!! Hes not one of my favs but i respect him a crap load!! Just curious, where do you rank among the best in the world!?!?!? Internet ninja!!

Frost
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
the excuses he made after getting knocked out by serra in the first fight was what i was thinking about, and as for the whimp thing he almost gave hughes that arm bar in the first fight and didnt even try to fight it

dont get me wrong i think he is a great athlete and fighter but this whole im a real martial artist and my opponent doesnt even understand what this means gets a bit annoying

Dragonzbane76
10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
this whole im a real martial artist and my opponent doesnt even understand what this means gets a bit annoying

yeah you hear it a lot around here. :p

ironclaw1981
10-08-2010, 06:44 PM
the excuses he made after getting knocked out by serra in the first fight was what i was thinking about, and as for the whimp thing he almost gave hughes that arm bar in the first fight and didnt even try to fight it

dont get me wrong i think he is a great athlete and fighter but this whole im a real martial artist and my opponent doesnt even understand what this means gets a bit annoying

Ok i see what your sayin, thats cool. Compared to some of the others in the sport i think hes pretty classy!! He still aint my style though i really like, thiago " the pitbull" alves, pat barry, wanderlei silva!!! For some reason i like straight up strikers!!

Violent Designs
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm a Shogun, Wanderlei fan. Old school Chute Boxe follower for years now and won't stop.

Muay Thai fighters I will always support over others (unless I hate them for other reasons).

goju
10-08-2010, 11:41 PM

???
The man has always came back better fromhis losses and defeated the person he lost too when he met them again

hardly being a wimp by any means

speaking of whimps what was your view on hardys complaining about grappling?

Frost
10-09-2010, 03:58 AM
???
The man has always came back better fromhis losses and defeated the person he lost too when he met them again

hardly being a wimp by any means

speaking of whimps what was your view on hardys complaining about grappling?

its not valid and i think playing to his fans rather than excuse making, but its still a silly thing to say, as long as the rules allow for takedowns and lay and pray he has to get better at his grappling, simple as that.

if he wants an exciting stand up war go fight K1,

I have said before a lot of fighters especially in the UK like to train what they are good at, Hardy is a good striker so are the rest of the rough house, theres no point spending several days a week training with guys who fight a similar way when you are going to face guys whose background is in grappling, which I think he knows hence going to the wrestling camp.

Mutant
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
There actually could be a thread of truthiness to this rumor... Last winter GSP actually contacted our MMA coach Lefty because he'd encountered some 'outside the box' techniques that he found interesting that Lefty had taught a fighter who was cross-training with him, and wanted to know where he learned it and how he could train with the coach who taught it. Paul/Lefty has extensive CMA background has trained ppl for san shou/sanda for years. Our 'style' is outside of the mainstream formula for MMA, and is primarily based on CMA. Of course everything does get mixed and influenced these days so there is other influences too that have evolved the curriculum such as BJJ and boxing. He was gonna fly Lefty and a couple of our guys up to do a training camp but they could never work out the schedule so nothing came of it so far. So GSP has come in contact with and been impressed by some san shou and kung-fu influenced MMA before, maybe he wasn't just saying that to be polite.

donjitsu2
10-23-2010, 10:57 AM
GSP Wants To Learn San Shou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0TB68uV3s)

;)

I've never understood why more MMA fighter don't train San Shou/Sanda. It seems better suited for MMA than Muay Thai and Boxing. I'd think it would be a better use of their time.