PDA

View Full Version : Jim DeMint (R): sexually active single women and gay people shouldn't teach

MasterKiller
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
More moral hypocrisy from the right.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018607-503544.html

DeMint said at a church rally Friday that openly gay people and unmarried women who are sleeping with a boyfriend shouldn't be in the classroom, according to the Spartanburg Herald Journal.

He made the comments in response to a question about similar statements he made in 2004 about gays and unwed single mothers, for which he later apologized. "I answered as a dad with my heart and I did not answer as a Senate candidate. I apologize for making the remark because it distracted from the debate," he said at the time.

On Friday, according to the Herald Journal, DeMint addressed that controversy, saying, "[When I said those things] no one came to my defense. But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion."

David Jamieson
10-08-2010, 05:41 AM

This is the thing about America.

Misanthropes are given a voice and a platform from which to throw out their brand of throwback speak.

That same platform is given to the opposite, but the retards are entertaining.

Hypocrisy is an understatement, but more importantly, it is this thinking that is degrading religion. religion can be a vehicle for spiritual connection, but it seems to have been usurped and changed into a vehicle of divisiveness.

be aware.

donjitsu2
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
@David - Suck it! USA! USA USA! (shack 'n awe baby, shock 'n awe)

DeMint is an asshat. I live in SC (born and raised) and I get the feeling that the view he expressed towards unmarried couples and gays is a view that is fading in our state.

Obviously we have a population (most older individuals) who want to throw out all "the gays", "the heathens", and "the Mexicans". It is my hope that such individuals, who would deny certain freedoms to others, go the way of the Dodo Bird. In SC (and the USA in general) this is happening. Its a slow process, but its happening.

Train Hard,
Josh Skinner (donjitsu2)

KC Elbows
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
However, they do have a legitimate role as interns for the GOP.

Jimbo
10-08-2010, 04:34 PM
How many times have we seen politicians (or priests/preachers) who rail against such-and-such group(s), but then end up getting caught taking part in or seeking out the very thing they claim to be against? This guy's statements probably tell a whole lot more about him and his tendencies than about sexually active unmarried women or gays.

Hardwork108
10-09-2010, 12:57 AM

Christ, if you let nuts like this into any position of power, you are going to end up with even more unemployment, when most of the MMA teachers, and their mothers, loose their jobs...:eek::D

David Jamieson
10-09-2010, 04:53 AM
"shack & awe" lol. :p

sounds like a poor person on meth.

The more the american media gives voice to the nutjobs, the more buy in they get and the more america in general will be perceived as ...well stupid and retarded.

Seriously.

donjitsu2
10-09-2010, 06:31 AM
"shack & awe" lol. :p

sounds like a poor person on meth.

UM...It's Homer Simpson thank you very much!