PDA

View Full Version : CLF: charp choi

Gowgee
10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I've heard CLF's charp choi is sometimes taught with the thumb pulled fully back towards the wrist, but also sometimes pressed into the knuckles of one's index finger to strengthen the strike.

How are these two fist formations differentiated in action? Or is the later the preferred one? Also, are there more examples of these sorts of different ways to strike with the same fists in CLF?

Violent Designs
10-15-2010, 12:03 AM
You press the thumb against the index finger.

Pulling the thumb back toward the wrist is just retarded.

Do you see guys doing a phoenix-eye fist without a thumb brace? No, you don't.

Doing it without a thumb brace is a good way to **** up your knuckle AND your wrist.

CLF schools that teach a panther fist without a thumb brace should be ashamed they are teaching students a good way to ruin their fist/fingers/wrist/hand.

Eric Olson
10-15-2010, 04:49 AM
I agree with Violent Designs. If you pull the thumb back the bones of the finger no longer line up with the bones of the wrist.

EO

hskwarrior
10-15-2010, 06:26 AM
I agree with Violent Designs. If you pull the thumb back the bones of the finger no longer line up with the bones of the wrist.

EO

STFU you're not a CLF Student.

Eric Olson
10-15-2010, 06:49 AM
STFU you're not a CLF Student.

I practiced CLF for 10 years with one of the best sifu's in the U.S. For about 5 of those years I helped instruct.

I think I'm more than qualified to talk about how to make chaap cheui.

EO

hskwarrior
10-15-2010, 07:28 AM
i practiced clf for 10 years with one of the best sifu's in the u.s. For about 5 of those years i helped instruct.

I think i'm more than qualified to talk about how to make chaap cheui.

lmao........tell us about it.

Gowgee
10-16-2010, 08:02 AM
You press the thumb against the index finger.

Pulling the thumb back toward the wrist is just retarded.

Do you see guys doing a phoenix-eye fist without a thumb brace? No, you don't.

Doing it without a thumb brace is a good way to **** up your knuckle AND your wrist.

CLF schools that teach a panther fist without a thumb brace should be ashamed they are teaching students a good way to ruin their fist/fingers/wrist/hand.

Thanks for this. Bracing seems the only way to go with push-ups and hitting bags too.

I've heard one line of CLF teaches the thumb pulled back to public students, and braced style to closed-door students. Is that a common practice?

Also, are there any other examples of fist formations traditionally taught differently to public and closed-door students? It's the 21st century now, so I'm assuming we're in the clear to talk about these things.

Eric Olson
10-16-2010, 03:08 PM
lmao........tell us about it.

About what?

EO

hskwarrior
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I think i'm more than qualified to talk about how to make chaap cheui.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Violent Designs
10-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for this. Bracing seems the only way to go with push-ups and hitting bags too.

I've heard one line of CLF teaches the thumb pulled back to public students, and braced style to closed-door students. Is that a common practice?

Also, are there any other examples of fist formations traditionally taught differently to public and closed-door students? It's the 21st century now, so I'm assuming we're in the clear to talk about these things.

Not that I know bro.

The point is to *NOT* have your students **** up their hand.

It doesn't matter if you brace it or not even.

Without the proper conditioning, your charp chui is going to be some weak sh1t.

hskwarrior
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Not that I know bro.

The point is to *NOT* have your students **** up their hand.

It doesn't matter if you brace it or not even.

Without the proper conditioning, your charp chui is going to be some weak sh1t.

not only this, but you're gonna break your freaking hand if you don't connect the thumb and forefinger. the strongest way is to squeeze all fingers together and press the thumb tip and index finger tip together tightly. but you panther fist shouldn't be totally straight either...should be a slight slight bend.

Eric Olson
10-17-2010, 08:09 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess you don't have anything to say.

EO

lkfmdc
10-17-2010, 08:31 AM
In a world falling apart, with poverty, violence, disease, war and decay, only ONE THING helps me get up in the morning and go on

That one thing is the unity, harmony, brotherhood and love among all the various Choy Lay Fut people!

Thank G'd for Choy Lay Fut unity, without it I don't think I could go on :p

hskwarrior
10-17-2010, 08:36 AM
In a world falling apart, with poverty, violence, disease, war and decay, only ONE THING helps me get up in the morning and go on

That one thing is the unity, harmony, brotherhood and love among all the various Choy Lay Fut people!

Thank G'd for Choy Lay Fut unity, without it I don't think I could go on

Did you get you some this morning? :p

Nah, i haven't liked FU POW from the get go because he jumped on extrajosephs band wagon long ago. its not as bad as you think without a little arguments here and there life would be boring. just like this forum.

CHOY LEE FUT!!!!! :D:D:D