PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious power- where is your video?

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 06:30 AM
All of us here on this forum are waiting for you to post up a video of you doing something related to martial arts. Or are you just a troll with nothing better to do?

I can tell you either you are just a dual personality here on this forum and we have already seen you bullsh1t or you are just full of sh1t! ARE YOU embarrassed of your own abilities? But the more i see you post the more i realize how full of shi1t you are.

Your fighting skills are non existant, your martial arts skills are non existant. And you survive here on the forum behind the safety of your computer under some wierd hippiesh name....mysterious power.

rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonzbane76
10-18-2010, 06:46 AM
http://harry.enzoverder.be/cats/funny-pictures-ice-cream-man.jpg

bawang
10-18-2010, 08:06 AM
i masterbate to sarah palin

lkfmdc
10-18-2010, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVrTBnY52M

Sardinkahnikov
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
he's obnoxiously ugly lol

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Ross,

LMAO....thats who i'm thinking he is........check out his other video....LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/user/doddoso#p/u/6/B6k4zoyCH8o

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
hskwarrior,

I hope all this is making your wittle ego feel better. I would feel like crap too if I talked about being a deadly sifu and did not want to show anything to prove it.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
hskwarrior,

I hope all this is making your wittle ego feel better. I would feel like crap too if I talked about being a deadly sifu and did not want to show anything to prove it.

SHUT UP and post a video PU$$Y

bawang
10-18-2010, 08:26 AM

no u lololol

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 08:30 AM

There are plenty of videos of people waving their gay hands around in forms. You can just look at their videos and pretend I put another kung fu demo up. Actually just look at yours and pretend that I am in them. Finding an equivalent video to the stuff you put up is pretty easy. Just type in tai chi in youtube. :)

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:32 AM
no u lololol

you're gay...get your anoos checked. but come to SF bawang, i bet you can make me LOTS of money. HAHAHAH....i can make a good name for you out on the HO STROLL....i will even advertise you in the local newspaper...

Hi....I'm Bawang the A$$ Hammer. I will treat your anoos like its my enemy and pound it into the ground. But i'm no gay..ur gay.....i just like da Anoos

http://www.corporatewhoracle.com/storage/vince_shlomi_mug_shot.jpg

Oh, don't mind the mess around my mouth and chin....its residue from the last booty i was hammerin

LMAO

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:35 AM
There are plenty of videos of people waving their gay hands around in forms. You can just look at their videos and pretend I put another kung fu demo up. Actually just look at yours and pretend that I am in them. Finding an equivalent video to the stuff you put up is pretty easy. Just type in tai chi in youtube.

fake a$$!!!!!! TROLL they should have posted this picture up for people like YOU!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-bryR3xJtt8/SKtyfy_I-RI/AAAAAAAAAGA/aDVu7k9spMQ/s400/Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVrTBnY52M

LOL... so those of us here who think "sifufrank" is a phoney and a hoaxer aren't alone. I see the UTube community is figuring that out also.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
LOL... so those of us here who think "sifufrank" is a phoney and a hoaxer aren't alone. I see the UTube community is figuring that out also.

I am not completely on the side of thinking he is a hoaxer. I just like to call bs on deadly reputations.

I will never ride hskwarrior as hard as I ride Dale for his ridiculousness.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:54 AM
knifefighter,

I don't do BJJ. But i know one thing knifefighter, based off of your video's, your stand up game is not much to talk about. i mean literally. my newest students got more skills tin their hands than what i saw in yours.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I am not completely on the side of thinking he is a hoaxer. I just like to call bs on deadly reputations.

I'm pretty sure you are gay now...

Your allusions to it are plentiful. Your contributions to the forum as an actual member of a kung fu forum are widely awaited! So far, nothing but feces though...lol

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 08:58 AM

DJ....OMG LMAO....i didn't even pay attention to that.

MP....for one you will never ride me....and two...you can ride the GREAT FIGHTER DALE FRANKS all you want. you sure do seem to like him lots hahahahaha

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
MYSTERIOUS ODOR....

you're pretty funny. you're pretty transparent. you unknowingly admit to my hands being fast by commenting that they are slow....what did you say...'2 miles an hour".....

wanna put money on it that my hands are faster than yours?

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:03 AM
DJ....OMG LMAO....i didn't even pay attention to that.

MP....for one you will never ride me....and two...you can ride the GREAT FIGHTER DALE FRANKS all you want. you sure do seem to like him lots hahahahaha

That is actually really funny, guys. So when is the next forms demo of the day? It is chilly out so build extra qi with your internal choy li faat form.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:05 AM
MYSTERIOUS ODOR....

you're pretty funny. you're pretty transparent. you unknowingly admit to me hands being fast by commenting that they are slow....what did you say...'2 miles an hour".....

wanna put money on it that my hands are faster than yours?

You must have a lot of money from all the students that come to you for being so deadly.

We can set up a hand speed demo. We will have David Jameson stand there with his usual dumb look while we each take turns smacking him. Then we can ask him which one was faster.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:06 AM
And thank you for complimenting me on my being funny. It warms my cold heart.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
knifefighter,

I don't do BJJ. But i know one thing knifefighter, based off of your video's, your stand up game is not much to talk about. i mean literally. my newest students got more skills tin their hands than what i saw in yours.

Please, Frank, go ahead and show your standup skill.

When can we expect the clip of you demonstrating this against a resisting opponent?

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
That is actually really funny, guys. So when is the next forms demo of the day? It is chilly out so build extra qi with your internal choy li faat form.

come visit me. we will make one together.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh, you mean this skill?

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/9325838-hung-loong-kwoon-sparring

Bwaaahaaaaahaha!!!

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Please, Frank, go ahead and show your standup skill.

When can we expect the clip of you demonstrating this against a resisting opponent?

Dale, you're weak. go work on your stand up.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:11 AM
come visit me. we will make one together.

Am I the only person on here that knows there is a recession going on? If I had the means to pick up and fly wherever the heck I wanted..do you think I would be on there talking about you?

Get over yourselves.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Oh, you mean this skill?

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/v...kwoon-sparring

Bwaaahaaaaahaha!!!

That was better quality striking that you will ever possess IMAGINARY KNIFEFIGHTER.

My newest students have more structure and stand up than you have dale, based on your video's i can tell when you're about to shoot...you telegraph your intent like a 3rd grader.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh, you mean this skill?

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/9325838-hung-loong-kwoon-sparring

Bwaaahaaaaahaha!!!

Oh my god. Was that for realz?
Hskwarrior,
which one of those guys did you train? Please do not say both. That would crush any of your credentials.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Am I the only person on here that knows there is a recession going on? If I had the means to pick up and fly wherever the heck I wanted..do you think I would be on there talking about you?

Get over yourselves.

Typical. LMAO....just TYPICAL.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 09:16 AM
That was better quality striking that you will ever possess IMAGINARY KNIFEFIGHTER.

My newest students have more structure and stand up than you have dale, based on your video's i can tell when you're about to shoot...you telegraph your intent like a 3rd grader.

LOL... of course you can. That was the whole idea of the drill.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Oh my god. Was that for realz?
Hskwarrior,
which one of those guys did you train? Please do not say both. That would crush any of your credentials.

the black guy has been my student for two years now. I will put him against MYSTERIOUS ODOR and IMAGINARY knifefighter ANYDAY.

The video you see is BODY SHOTS only. no head shots. just body.

MYSTERIOUS ODOR...he's only 22 yrs old. Let me know when and where and you can show me your skills against my student.

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET YOU"RE GONNA HAVE A REASON NOT TO ACCEPT.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:18 AM
LOL... of course you can. That was the whole idea of the drill.

LMAO.....you still suck.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Mysterious ODOR,

if you would have heard the sound from the video, you'd also hear the type of power they were using. i know for a fact that you couldn't survive one of those sessions.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Frank's imaginary skill:

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/8495109-living-room-practice

Bwaahahaaaa!!!

Now I see why you have to set up challenges with your students instead of yourself. At least they do some form of contact sparring.

Drake
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Frank's imaginary skill:

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/8495109-living-room-practice

Bwaahahaaaa!!!

Now I see why you have to set up challenges with your students instead of yourself. At least they do some form of contact sparring.

You know he barely survived a really bad accident a few years back, right? He's lucky to be alive, and even luckier to be walking.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Frank's imaginary skill:

http://hlk415.webs.com/apps/videos/v...-room-practice

Bwaahahaaaa!!!

and you STILL have no clue of what i'm capable of DO you? LMAO.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Drake,

these two would NEVER in their lives survive through an accident like the one i had much less come out walking from it. to come back from being paralyzed from the waist down to pick up my martial arts and train guys to realistically use their gung fu is ENOUGH said.

I don't need to prove anything to Knifefighter who is severly insecure with himself. just listen to his voice. i don't think his nuts dropped because his voice is very high picked like some geeky pocket protector wearing sucka. i be if he had a car, its got to be one of the big ones to make up for lack in other areas.

Mysterious ODOR.....he's an armchair warrior....his type-fu needs alot of work though.

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
and you STILL have no clue of what i'm capable of DO you? LMAO.

Just because you beat up the people in the kid's class does not mean you are capable of anything. What are you capable of doing? Violence? Anyone can do violence.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Just because you beat up the people in the kid's class does not mean you are capable of anything. What are you capable of doing? Violence? Anyone can do violence.

you still suck!!!!! phoney

lkfmdc
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Just because you beat up the people in the kid's class does not mean you are capable of anything.

Frank training hard and sparring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ

MysteriousPower
10-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Frank training hard and sparring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ

Wow. This is all a new development to me. I am all for calling bs on kung fu but I am going to try to avoid getting into the bad blood you all have for each other. It is all so entertaining.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
well, same hair style....but yeah LMAO......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXUMHNH0XVs&feature=channel

teetsao
10-18-2010, 10:40 AM
i am in no way shape or form getting involved in thsi thread,however i will say,some of you may not know,but knife fighter is also "island dog" and for those of you that dont know,he has a "dog" name, that makes him a badass by default. that means he is a full contact stick fighter with the "dog brothers" the preiminant group of kalistidors around. to gain a "dog" name you have to fight full contact stick fighting,with very little padding and in this case anything really does go,from the sticks to stand up to ground. tis is one of my goals in my life, but if you do this ,you better be ready to be on your game, top notch, as,"it ain't no joke"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Zuj5jdY-k nuff said.

lkfmdc
10-18-2010, 10:45 AM
i am in no way shape or form getting involved in thsi thread,however i will say,some of you may not know,but knife fighter is also "island dog" and for those of you that dont know,he has a "dog" name, that makes him a badass by default. that means he is a full contact stick fighter with the "dog brothers" the preiminant group of kalistidors around. to gain a "dog" name you have to fight full contact stick fighting,with very little padding and in this case anything really does go,from the sticks to stand up to ground. tis is one of my goals in my life, but if you do this ,you better be ready to be on your game, top notch, as,"it ain't no joke"

You ruined it, we were trying to get Frank to agree to a fight with weapons against Dale... now you just ruined it!

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
you ruined it, we were trying to get frank to agree to a fight with weapons against dale... Now you just ruined it!

sucka!!!!!!!

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM

really, I have a couple of uncles who gutted some opponents with bayonets in ww2. All they got was home.

My grandfather beat a mobster half to death in the 30's...he didn't get called a dog.

My old man took on 2 dudes in a burger joint parking lot and won! He didn't get called a dog either.

don't dog brothers were helmets, hockey gloves and other stuff before they attack each other?

don't guys drop out because of injury? yeah that's good "training". All I cna say is that if you have a stick and are unsure of how to hit someone with it...then... lol.

also, look at kali. is that not a traditional martial art with "flow drills" (read forms)

No offense, but "badass" doesn't mean anything. Really it doesn't.

Knifefighter here is an arrogant bully pushing a narrow agenda and i could give a crap about what cliques he's in.

so, you have involved yourself in the thread to that end.

how many "dogs" have won the ufc? which ones? a few? none? I mean, that's his focus.

i'm just stymied as to how someone who claims to have all this background can still come across as the pompous little ass that Knifefighter comes across as.

call me what you want, but I don't brag about my stuff and make spurious claims about the value of this over that.

teetsao
10-18-2010, 11:06 AM
i wasnt saying, i was just saying.
the dog bros. are badasses, palin and simple. i am sure if they had ot defend themselves in actual combat,as they train with a myriad of weapons and weaponless,none of them would have any trouble defending themselves. bringing up actual life and death combat when you "have" to is a little different. these guys dont have to they , want, to.
kali is a real combat art. pekiti tersia and kali are part of the phillipine military. read about the phillipinos during ww2 and there invovlvement and there use of the bolo on combat. read, real deal.
i am not on here to argue with anyone. i just pointed something out. i dont have time to post,i am training.

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I was almost killed by rocket attacks and a dual VBIED. I want a cookie too.

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Guys, we may not like to but we got to give the devil his due.
Dale knows his stuff and he can walk the walk and has.
How many here have competed in MULTIPLE full contact stick fighting and full contact aluminum knife fighting with only Head gear and hand gear, on the SAME DAY and then, the next day, won their division in a nationally ranked combat sport championship?
Raise your hands please?
Dale has done just that.

teetsao
10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
all military personnell deserve more than they get. i personally extend a heartfelt "thank you" to all that are on here and serve/served. you are all badasses to have put your lives on the line for your family/country. because of this administration you do not get the health care or benefits you deserve, but i pray this will change.
i am talking in the context of training martial arts,not actual military srvice. civilians training to better themselves. thats all.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 11:16 AM
i wasnt saying, i was just saying.
the dog bros. are badasses, palin and simple. i am sure if they had ot defend themselves in actual combat,as they train with a myriad of weapons and weaponless,none of them would have any trouble defending themselves. bringing up actual life and death combat when you "have" to is a little different. these guys dont have to they , want, to.
kali is a real combat art. pekiti tersia and kali are part of the phillipine military. read about the phillipinos during ww2 and there invovlvement and there use of the bolo on combat. read, real deal.
i am not on here to argue with anyone. i just pointed something out. i dont have time to post,i am training.

I'm not arguing, I'm just asking for cult of personality stuff to be back burnered.
training is ONLY training. degree of intensity is irrelevant when it comes to reality and if you don't believe it, just ask Alex Gong. No offense to friends of Alex Gong, but his death is a clarion call for anyone who thinks their sh1t is the only sh1t that is real and that their training is the only training that has value ring or street.

See what I mean?

MasterKiller
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
because of this administration you do not get the health care or benefits you deserve, but i pray this will change..

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6671/crazychristiansagainsto.jpg

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I was almost killed by rocket attacks and a dual VBIED. I want a cookie too.

Yeah, but you had other soldiers and medical equipment for safety and could call in for backup.

The combat system I have trained in taught me to infiltrate enemy territory by myself. There was no safety of backup teams or gunships I could call on. You guys had the safety of the full military behind you.

bawang
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
wow man. ur like tier 1 elite commando like in the game medal of honor.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but you had other soldiers and medical equipment for safety and could call in for backup.

The combat system I have trained in taught me to infiltrate enemy territory by myself. There was no safety of backup teams or gunships I could call on. You guys had the safety of the full military behind you.

but none of you are more deadlier than the finger on the nuke button.

bawang
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
im immune to nuke. i have anti nuke armor.

David Jamieson
Guys, we may not like to but we got to give the devil his due.
Dale knows his stuff and he can walk the walk and has.
How many here have competed in MULTIPLE full contact stick fighting and full contact aluminum knife fighting with only Head gear and hand gear, on the SAME DAY and then, the next day, won their division in a nationally ranked combat sport championship?
Raise your hands please?
Dale has done just that.

...and that gives him a right to shoot down any and all chinese martial arts practitioners?

nah, Dale may have done some things, but I honestly don't care about that Dale,

I don't know that Dale and all I've ever seen is Dale the jerk being a jerk off in a place where he just likes to stir it and therefore, he hasn't won any respect and in fact the more he goes on, the more he diminishes whatever value he might of had.

there's a few times and situations in my life I could go on about, but I won't because who gives a rats ass.

looking for cred for a has been existence is downright silly.

To me, Dale is a nobody, who "used" to do stuff that never really made any change in my world view.
I'm sure I'm less than that to him, but I don't care. This is a Kung Fu forum and really, he's just oil in the water here.

Drake

Wow. Really. Just.... wow. I'm not sure whether to put you on ignore or follow your stupidity with a morbid, sick sense of curiosity.

Infiltrate enemy territory by yourself? REEEEEALLY? The civilians here can't tell if you are talking out your butt, but I can. In fact, please continue. And thanks for belittling the thousands who have given their lives so you can prop up your stupid civilian fighting, which has ZERO combat effectiveness on the ground, as we have discovered.

You aren't going to RNC your way out of anything in "enemy territory", unless you have figured out a way to stop AK-47 and machine gun fire with your macho-ness. You are being taught BS if you honestly believe you'd last a day in Paktika, Khost, or Qandahar. Because you won't. Wake up and get a clue. You could do decently at a bar fight unless you get shanked. That's it. I am not going to entertain any more of the crap you are putting out.

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
all military personnell deserve more than they get. i personally extend a heartfelt "thank you" to all that are on here and serve/served. you are all badasses to have put your lives on the line for your family/country. because of this administration you do not get the health care or benefits you deserve, but i pray this will change.
i am talking in the context of training martial arts,not actual military srvice. civilians training to better themselves. thats all.

My benefits and health care remain the same. And my retirement is SWEET.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Wow. Really. Just.... wow. I'm not sure whether to put you on ignore or follow your stupidity with a morbid, sick sense of curiosity.

Infiltrate enemy territory by yourself? REEEEEALLY? The civilians here can't tell if you are talking out your butt, but I can. In fact, please continue. And thanks for belittling the thousands who have given their lives so you can prop up your stupid civilian fighting, which has ZERO combat effectiveness on the ground, as we have discovered.

You aren't going to RNC your way out of anything in "enemy territory", unless you have figured out a way to stop AK-47 and machine gun fire with your macho-ness. You are being taught BS if you honestly believe you'd last a day in Paktika, Khost, or Qandahar. Because you won't. Wake up and get a clue. You could do decently at a bar fight unless you get shanked. That's it. I am not going to entertain any more of the crap you are putting out.

I think this is Dale's way of trying to make a joke...

He's not exactly a premium communicator after all.

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh. Then I missed that, then. Context always gets lost over the internet.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 11:27 AM

LOL... you were in the regular pampered military. You guys and all your safety nets, medi-vac, going back into the base to play your video games.

You have no idea what the training is like for having to do solo ops.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Infiltrate enemy territory by yourself? REEEEEALLY?

Rambo...he says.

bawang
10-18-2010, 11:29 AM
man u sound elite bro. tier1. were u navy seals? i think navy seals are badass

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Ha Ha! Caught me.

You see how stupid it sounds to someone who has actually done it for real?

Same thing when people make up their fantasy fu forms, too deadly to train for real, i'm a str33tfighter cr@p.

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:31 AM
LOL... you were in the regular pampered military. You guys and all your safety nets, medi-vac, going back into the base to play your video games.

You have no idea what the training is like for having to do solo ops.

Yeah...I bet you were deep in "enemy territory", right? Bet you RNCed a ton of bad guys, didn't you? Maybe you snuck up on them rambo style and cut their throats, right?

You talk like someone who has never seen anything. Maybe you had some cool "training" with your "solo ops". But you really are inexperienced here. You aren't military. You are just some civilian with an inflated sense of self worth. And it's MEDEVAC, moron.

I lived in a bombed out shack for my deployment. Don't know what news articles you are reading.

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Ha Ha! Caught me.

Same thing when people make up their fantasy fu forms, too deadly to train for real, i'm a str33tfighter cr@p.

wow....just wow.....

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah...I bet you were deep in "enemy territory", right? Bet you RNCed a ton of bad guys, didn't you? Maybe you snuck up on them rambo style and cut their throats, right?

You talk like someone who has never seen anything. Maybe you had some cool "training" with your "solo ops". But you really are inexperienced here. You aren't military. You are just some civilian with an inflated sense of self worth. And it's MEDEVAC, moron.

I lived in a bombed out shack for my deployment. Don't know what news articles you are reading.

Let's try it again:

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Ha Ha! Caught me.

If you want to insult me, then insult me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. But DO NOT slander those who have died for their country.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 11:33 AM
If you want to insult me, then insult me. I'm a big boy, I can take it. But DO NOT slander those who have died for their country.

Sure dude, sure.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Ha Ha! Caught me.

so, you train sticks instead of blades with gear on.

and you play with gear and aluminum blades.

that's real?

I'm sure you've watched how stabbings go down, youtube is full of them.

what i can say is this, if you train awareness of your surroundings, understanding people you have more valuable training than anything any fighter ever trained when it comes to the reality of the street.

If you have some understanding of the Human condition, the zeitgeist of the populace wheer you are and you know the layout of your neighbourhood and the socio economic situation of your immediate surroundings, you are further ahead than anything physical training has to offer you.

training is healthy! and you can get understand some physical concepts behond conflict.

competition is safe environment, only poor conditioning, lack of stamina and crappy reffing will get you really hurt.

multiple concussions is not wise, willfully pursuing an avenue that opens you to that isn't exactly what I would call wise.

so, i don't support competitive kickboxing or what have you and view it not as a pinnacle of anything. It's just a spectacle to fill a void for visceral needs in those who do not satisfy it themselves.

It has no more value than learning how to make a really good burrito, except that with the burrito recipe, you will please many more people than you will with your crappy martial arts trophy. :)

I bet knife hasn't walked along a road with no idea if his legs are going to get blown off. Those guys that are put through those crap patrols deserve their video games when they get back from it.

Drake
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
And nobody cares if you are the Brits, Canadians, Italians, or whoever. Everyone is a team, and everyone is trying to help everyone else stay alive. Funny how the idea of world peace is most visible during war.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
And nobody cares if you are the Brits, Canadians, Italians, or whoever. Everyone is a team, and everyone is trying to help everyone else stay alive. Funny how the idea of world peace is most visible during war.

yeah well, that is the salient and sticking point about it isn't it? :p

ShaolinDan
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Making really good burritos pays my rent. :)

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
DO you have Carne Asada and Al Pastor?

ShaolinDan
10-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Nah, we don't do the traditional burrito styles, we're a modern mixed burrito style place.
We do a few breakfast burritos and a couple lunch ones. We're mostly a breakfast restaurant, but we have a limited lunch menu and a busy catering business. Southwestern themed, but lots of other stuff too.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM

see, now those are old school style burritos, but still, accepted as tasty! lol

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
we still have that here in the bay. i went to texas and they were like WHAT IS THAT?
sooooo good!

ShaolinDan
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe cooking is better to talk about than MA. There are lots of low percentage techniques used in cooking all the time. Scrambled eggs is much higher percentage than over-easy/medium, which are both higher percentage than poached. Sometimes even if you do the technique perfectly it won't work. Still, we make it work. We do it over and over until we get it right. I've found ways to get higher percentages on poached, and my soft touch flipping is very high level...
'Course the real masters are in baking and pastry, talk about high level skill, and years and years of training, study and practice. I'm in awe. :)

MasterKiller
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
we still have that here in the bay. i went to texas and they were like WHAT IS THAT?
sooooo good!

Uuuuh. Did you go to the wrong Texas?

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM

texas is a big place, I'm sure there's plenty for room for stupid in it.

i mean 1badbluebj accounts for enough stupid to light a small village in mexico and he's texan. :D

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM

MK...NO....where i met you in texas. if that wasn't you, i was in plano and frisco texas and wanted a carne asasd burrito. they told me only in some holes in the wall would i find it.

al pastor taco's are sooo good too.

Lucas
10-18-2010, 12:48 PM
drake,

i think kf is making a joke, saying that he is super secret solo ops, and how silly it sounds to a real soldier.

the correlation being the fantasy fu eye gouging nut smashing vs training a realistic format and testing realistically. i dont think hes saying he actually does solo infiltration in enemy territory or anything...

thats what i got from it though. i might be wrong.

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 12:50 PM
drake,

i think kf is making a joke, saying that he is super secret solo ops, and how silly it sounds to a real soldier.

the correlation being the fantasy fu eye gouging nut smashing vs training a realistic format and testing realistically. i dont think hes saying he actually does solo infiltration in enemy territory or anything...

thats what i got from it though. i might be wrong.

You are brighter than most.

Yum Cha
10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
i masterbate to sarah palin

Its OK, so does half of America....

Lucas
10-18-2010, 12:53 PM

i got a compliment from KF i win KFMO you can all go home now. :p

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 12:54 PM

you're a cryptic old man with a lot of hate in you.

fighting will never fix that.

:)

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Its OK, so does half of America....

the other have does so to her:

http://www.tvfunspot.com/forums/images/realityshows/bb9/chen.jpg

Knifefighter
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
you're a cryptic old man with a lot of hate in you.

fighting will never fix that.

I'm having debates on training philosophies. I don't have any emotion in any of this. Thinking people are dumb****s isn't hating them. I just think they are deluded. I don't hate them or what they are doing.

Somehow I am guessing you are the one filled with hate, rage, and dysfunction inside.

Just a guess though.

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Palin is an old goat.

I think you have to be over 70 and on a viagra prescription to lust after her at any level.

even when she was one of those pageant contestants she was definitely not the hottest thing on the catwalk. I mean, frying pan butt in a one piece just doesn't do it for me on a shallow level. :p

David Jamieson
10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm having debates on training philosophies. I don't have any emotion in any of this.

Somehow I am guessing you are the one filled with hate, rage, and dysfunction inside.

Just a guess though.

yeah you guess about a lot of things it seems.

if you think you are having "debates", then I would say that you are also deluded. lol

Yum Cha
10-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Sanjuro - you are a generous bloke, given your skills and accomplishments. The consummate gentleman. When it comes to raising the game of those who need it, I'd say you are 100 times more effective than Dale.

When was the last time you logged in for a week to pick on a fat kid?

hskwarrior
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
nothing wrong with being FAT....LMAO.....we can LOSE weight. some people are just doomed within their own insane worlds.

EarthDragon
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
or thier hair style is a close resembalence to Bozoo the clown.... culd de sac

sanjuro_ronin
10-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Sanjuro - you are a generous bloke, given your skills and accomplishments. The consummate gentleman. When it comes to raising the game of those who need it, I'd say you are 100 times more effective than Dale.

When was the last time you logged in for a week to pick on a fat kid?

While I appreciate the kind words I think you guys let dale get to you far more than you should and what Dale said, his analogy of some guy spewing theoritical BS about the military to a military man being comparable to a non-fighter spewing crap to a fighter, is quite correct.

Look, everyone has a BS meter and some people's is just set a lot lower than others.
Dale's is set at 1, LOL !!

That said, if some of you guys were to frequent other forums with far more current and expereinced fighters you would see that his views are shared by the vast majority, though they may not share the colorful way he expresses them.

In the end, if Dale says something that ****es you off, maybe you ( you in general) should find out way.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:12 AM
While I appreciate the kind words I think you guys let dale get to you far more than you should and what Dale said, his analogy of some guy spewing theoritical BS about the military to a military man being comparable to a non-fighter spewing crap to a fighter, is quite correct.

Look, everyone has a BS meter and some people's is just set a lot lower than others.
Dale's is set at 1, LOL !!

That said, if some of you guys were to frequent other forums with far more current and expereinced fighters you would see that his views are shared by the vast majority, though they may not share the colorful way he expresses them.

In the end, if Dale says something that ****es you off, maybe you ( you in general) should find out way.

I completely disagree. His black and white assessment of things is often erroneous and unfounded.

Dale deliberately barbs at guys and puts them down for their practice. How does he expect people to react to that kind of garbage. If you set someone up to turn against you due to your own tactless ways, you are not going to convince them otherwise regardless if you are right or wrong.

You will simply be disregarded as an annoyance.

Dale doesn't bring any "new" information to anyone. His whole identity is tied up in making fun of and ridiculing people who practice and enjoy traditional arts as if his world view is the only acceptable or applicable one.

he's been doing this for years and has been doing it from the get go. BS aside, because it's not relevant.

The gist of the matter is that Dale has deliberately spurned this online community and deliberately attacked and made light of the accomplishments of others because he has some background in play stick fighting, fake knife fighting and a couple of nhb matches under his belt and being with a group that gears up and hits each other with sticks.

Well BIG EFFIN DEAL. There is nothing there that is impressive beyond a "good for you buddy".

You cannot give props to someone who craps all over your interests and what you like. So Dale has washed away any value he might have brought here because he is just such an obtuse person who will not and cannot see any other path than the one he's on.

He's more full of BS than the most deluded Kung Fu practitioner here by that standard. Which he set for himself.

So, I wouldn't expect anyone to friend up with him all too soon except for those who want to share his agenda, in which case, back to trollshido with that.

Don't expect any quarter to be given to the likes of Dale or anyone who services that agenda of mma is best with the vitriol that Dale does it with.

It's a simple level of relationship management. After all these years, Dale has not changed his simple view on anything. So, in my opinion, he's kind of a waste of time to invest any interest in.

So, that's my view anyway.

Dale, go pee in someone else's rice bowl ya old hack.

Sanjuro, I see it that you support him because you haven't been subjected to much of his crap seeing as you haven't been here that long. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy having to endure his senseless and useless attacks on culture, art etc in favour of cage fighting nonsense.

sanjuro_ronin
10-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Sanjuro, I see it that you support him because you haven't been subjected to much of his crap seeing as you haven't been here that long. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy having to endure his senseless and useless attacks on culture, art etc in favour of cage fighting nonsense.

I think you have a short memory Bro, I was raked over the coals by Dale and T when I first joined here a couple years ago.
And I don't support him, I just don't disagree with him 100%.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:18 AM
I think you have a short memory Bro, I was raked over the coals by Dale and T when I first joined here a couple years ago.

Fine, I don't follow everyone around to see how Dale is abusing them. lol

BUt that's his M.O with EVERYBODY who practices chinese martial arts or take a traditional view or include cultural aspects in their martial arts curriculum.

So, I stand by what I just typed up there with a notation that you have found a way and adjusted your view in order to communicate with Dale. That's ok.

I can't be bothered and can source better material from more convivial folks when it comes to all things mma. I don't need Dale to learn about that stuff. He essentially has nothing for me, and he is just a bane to this place in regards to his attitudes and agendas and his spreading of ill will.

The guy freaking admitted as much to me early on when I took your tack, but quickly turned that all back into one line attacks on guys for their views.

You tell me how someone is supposed to analyze their practiec jsut because ass hat there calls them a name and says "you're wrong".

Yeah, that's not useful at all is it.

I get more from a sbg dvd, than I'd get from Dale in 10 years on a forum.

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 06:19 AM
I completely disagree. His black and white assessment of things is often erroneous and unfounded.

Dale deliberately barbs at guys and puts them down for their practice. How does he expect people to react to that kind of garbage. If you set someone up to turn against you due to your own tactless ways, you are not going to convince them otherwise regardless if you are right or wrong.

You will simply be disregarded as an annoyance.

Dale doesn't bring any "new" information to anyone. His whole identity is tied up in making fun of and ridiculing people who practice and enjoy traditional arts as if his world view is the only acceptable or applicable one.

he's been doing this for years and has been doing it from the get go. BS aside, because it's not relevant.

The gist of the matter is that Dale has deliberately spurned this online community and deliberately attacked and made light of the accomplishments of others because he has some background in play stick fighting, fake knife fighting and a couple of nhb matches under his belt and being with a group that gears up and hits each other with sticks.

Well BIG EFFIN DEAL. There is nothing there that is impressive beyond a "good for you buddy".

You cannot give props to someone who craps all over your interests and what you like. So Dale has washed away any value he might have brought here because he is just such an obtuse person who will not and cannot see any other path than the one he's on.

He's more full of BS than the most deluded Kung Fu practitioner here by that standard. Which he set for himself.

So, I wouldn't expect anyone to friend up with him all too soon except for those who want to share his agenda, in which case, back to trollshido with that.

Don't expect any quarter to be given to the likes of Dale or anyone who services that agenda of mma is best with the vitriol that Dale does it with.

It's a simple level of relationship management. After all these years, Dale has not changed his simple view on anything. So, in my opinion, he's kind of a waste of time to invest any interest in.

So, that's my view anyway.

Dale, go pee in someone else's rice bowl ya old hack.

Dale would not subject Sanjuro to his usual because Sanjuro and him have similar philosophies. They both like twinkies and hot women! But beyond that they favor training methods that would produce a fighter in a shorter time than the traditional methods. I am not even sure if the so called traditional methods actually produce fighters.

Contestants...welcome to another day in Internet Land!

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 06:20 AM
And let me be super honest here...I would rather listen to Dale than to Terrence Neihoff. I am glad that Terrence stays in the wing chun forum. His posts are complete copy and pastes. Can we get some agreement on that atleast...and the fact that choy li faat kicks wing chuns arse? ha

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Dale would not subject Sanjuro to his usual because Sanjuro and him have similar philosophies. They both like twinkies and hot women! But beyond that they favor training methods that would produce a fighter in a shorter time than the traditional methods. I am not even sure if the so called traditional methods actually produce fighters.

Contestants...welcome to another day in Internet Land!

yeah, well, looking through your posts, it would seem that you aren't sure of a lot of things. You are another deliberately abrasive person who serves no purpose here, offers nothing and is not into the community except to exacerbate it with one liners and insults.

When a person supports or pushes an agenda coming from negative intent, what do you think the long term reward for that is?

Dragonzbane76
10-19-2010, 06:29 AM
dude if he gets on your nerves that much ignore him... gee its not that hard.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:38 AM
dude if he gets on your nerves that much ignore him... gee its not that hard.

That's not the point I'm making.

What I'm saying is this, if you have a community, and a member, an individual becomes a problem to the community, is it the community that should take a breather or should that individual reassess how he interacts with the community?

Let's put it to an even simpler level, in your family, if one of your family members becomes a real problem, say getting involved in activities that do not fit with the families goals, then what usually happens?

Is it so hard to understand that a measure of tact and regard is a given when entering a community? Would you expect to be treated well after basically treating others like dirt?

Dale has only become a symbol of what is wrong more so than he is an individual with useful insight on fighting arts.

the fact that at the top of the page, this place is clearly dedicated to Kung Fu. Oh, here's some news too Kung Fu is NOT only about fighting. It really isn't and to try and force it to be that because you like mma or whatever is the height of ridiculousness.

It's like he's walking up to a painting and saying "that's a crappy sculpture".

That last line there is the essence of Dale's (and some other's ) presence here. Not to mention the domineering and belligerence he engages in with every visit.

mma is fine guys, for what it is. But most of you that hate Kung Fu, hate aspects of it etc...well, you ain't got no Kung Fu hear? none. So why be here?

Do you ignore the stink in your garbage can? Only so long before you throw it out right?

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 06:41 AM
And I don't support him, I just don't disagree with him 100%.

LOL... I remember that. We thought you were making stuff up like the other 90% of the guys who post here.

However, it doesn't take a whole lot of time to figure out when someone is legit.

BTW, Davey Boy, here's one clue for you. Someone who is legit doesn't think clueless sh!t like, "MMA fighters have low skill level."

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
yeah, well, looking through your posts, it would seem that you aren't sure of a lot of things. You are another deliberately abrasive person who serves no purpose here, offers nothing and is not into the community except to exacerbate it with one liners and insults.

When a person supports or pushes an agenda coming from negative intent, what do you think the long term reward for that is?

I am glad you took me off ignore so we could both talk through our feelings.

What exactly do you offer except the opposite of what knifefighter says? Hmmm. Get over yourself. Your posts offer the same old.

David Jameson: I do qi gong, forms, and sensitivity drills(talking to mysteriouspower about my feelings), BUT I also do the hard stuff like sparring, etc." It is obvious what your main focus is here, David. You are a qi gong hippy who dabbles in the fighting arts.

Ask yourself this:

If someone put up a video of himself sparring...would he benefit more from your advice or Dale's advice?

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 06:44 AM
That's not the point I'm making.

What I'm saying is this, if you have a community, and a member, an individual becomes a problem to the community, is it the community that should take a breather or should that individual reassess how he interacts with the community?

Let's put it to an even simpler level, in your family, if one of your family members becomes a real problem, say getting involved in activities that do not fit with the families goals, then what usually happens?

Is it so hard to understand that a measure of tact and regard is a given when entering a community? Would you expect to be treated well after basically treating others like dirt?

Dale has only become a symbol of what is wrong more so than he is an individual with useful insight on fighting arts.

the fact that at the top of the page, this place is clearly dedicated to Kung Fu. Oh, here's some news too Kung Fu is NOT only about fighting. It really isn't and to try and force it to be that because you like mma or whatever is the height of ridiculousness.

It's like he's walking up to a painting and saying "that's a crappy sculpture".

That last line there is the essence of Dale's (and some other's ) presence here. Not to mention the domineering and belligerence he engages in with every visit.

mma is fine guys, for what it is. But most of you that hate Kung Fu, hate aspects of it etc...well, you ain't got no Kung Fu hear? none. So why be here?

Do you ignore the stink in your garbage can? Only so long before you throw it out right?

Bro, this ain't a community...like a real community where you get to see hot moms pushing strollers and hot chicks walking dogs. This is the internet.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:47 AM
For the record, I generally don't care for fruitcake fu and encourage wider understanding of every aspect in balance.

we cannot practice one aspect of Kung Fu to the detriment of all others.

I had a classmate once leave a school I was in because sifu was investing way too much time in Lion Dance practice as opposed to martial arts practice.

I couldn't blame him for that, he was there for his motivations and perhaps sifu was getting carried away with one aspect to the detriment of others. The thing is, that indeed one aspect started to overwhelm the whole construct and it had a negative effect overall.

I've seen guys duck out of mma class because other guys in the same class figured every thing was competition and would hurt other guys deliberately. I don't blame those guys for leaving and I don't respect the teachers/coaches for letting that happen. Injuries are to be expected at points along the path, but being subjected to the small mindedness of others? Nope, that's not a good learning environment.

I've seen guys leave clubs because of the law of diminishing returns. I mean really, how complex is "fighting"? It's not. It's as simple as fuking really when it comes down to it. Oh sure, there's a few details and refinements to make you better at it, but to be of the mind that there is more beyond that is kind of whacky to me.

Guys talk about how belts are silly and in the same breath talk about how a bjj bb takes 10 years to get so it must have more value!

how screwed up is that? :confused:

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 06:48 AM
Dale deliberately barbs at guys and puts them down for their practice. .

Yeah, Davey Boy, that's the difference in our approaches. I tell people straight up I think their approach is ineffecitve and ask for evidence of it not being so.

You use veiled references to imply things.

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I mean really, how complex is "fighting"? It's not. It's as simple as fuking really when it comes down to it. Oh sure, there's a few details and refinements to make you better at it, but to be of the mind that there is more beyond that is kind of whacky to me.

Ya see? There ya go again with your clueless and veiled put-downs. Thanks for immediately proving my point.

People who concentrate only one their only "fighting" ability develop skills that are just as complex and varied as your supposed wholistic approach.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 06:58 AM
LOL... I remember that. We thought you were making stuff up like the other 90% of the guys who post here.

However, it doesn't take a whole lot of time to figure out when someone is legit.

BTW, Davey Boy, here's one clue for you. Someone who is legit doesn't think clueless sh!t like, "MMA fighters have low skill level."

really daley boy? who said mma fighters have low skill level?

why do you make stuff up?

you're the clueless one despite your experience dale. You are an utter failure at communicating with any effectiveness. You pour vinegar all over everything then stand back.

Foolishness.

You are such a twat that you can't see that I get and like mma and have altered my own training to get some of that in there in a more modern sense than just bringing back old boxing routines and kickboxing training.

You make a huge deal about being in some mma fights. Buddy, that ain't no big thing at your level. You ain't elite, you ain't making big bank and you never will be and neither will I, so where you get off is a mystery.

you can't accept that there is more in the world than your narrow and acerbic view.

so, by all means, continue being the ass, I really don't care. If I wanna add something into the schedule, it ain't coming from you because you have shot that out form under yourself with your goofiness and backbiting attitude.

I can't say I respect any of your accomplishments, as they aren't really all that much. I don't boast about mine, I don't throw down "clip wars" and make insane and stupid comments about things I know zip about.

You don't know Kung Fu Dale, but you disparage it with every keystroke here. You say you took up wing chun, well big deal. That's not enough for you to pass judgment on Kung Fu Daley boy.

So, huddle up with your pals I guess. You haven't earned any respect from me and I don't care if I have yours or not, never did, never will.

@Mysterious power - when you can develop your own line of thinking and when you can present an argument that is worthwhile, and when you can do that without adding the ice cream of lack of tact, then maybe you'll get a response form me, but really, you're a troll who is disrespectful about things which you know little if anything about.

I have nothing to converse with you about. So don't be so thankful I'm not ignoring you, because that first bits of drivel of yours that I come across = a complete pass on your viewpoint entirely.

t_niehoff
10-19-2010, 07:02 AM
And let me be super honest here...I would rather listen to Dale than to Terrence Neihoff. I am glad that Terrence stays in the wing chun forum. His posts are complete copy and pastes. Can we get some agreement on that atleast...and the fact that choy li faat kicks wing chuns arse? ha

If you don't want me here, then don't bring up my name!

Interesting thread. Another of those where the theoretical nonfighters try to tell the fighter(s) how things really are.

A special prize to the first person who can find where I copy and pasted that from. ;)

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Ya see? There ya go again with your clueless and veiled put-downs. Thanks for immediately proving my point.

People who concentrate only one their only "fighting" ability develop skills that are just as complex and varied as your supposed wholistic approach.

*holistic

Dude, you are disconnected.

Where did I say anything about people?
Where did I say that fighting technique isn't important?
Where did I say that?

Are you just stupid or do you have difficulty with reading comprehension because you've been concussed too many times?

Kung Fu is NOT just fighting

MMA is about fighting, in a ring, with rules and the focus is to that end. The entire focus of sport fighting is the fighting and how to get better at it. I see that.

What I am saying is "fighting" is something that is in each of us.

Kung Fu is not a short path to developing that. It is in fact not a very effective path to follow if someone just wants to fight. I've made that abundantly clear, time and again.

What is so hard to understand about Kung Fu practitioners not necessarily being engaged in only the fighting aspects? Some like the antiquated weaponry, some like the discipline of practice, some are fascinated with the filial construct and so on. there is so much to offer in learning Kung Fu that goes beyond just the fighting aspect.

testing your mettle doesn't mean fight to prove your worth. It could mean in context your ability to see things through, to continue when you don't feel liek it, to push through perceived barriers.

On another level, I suppose that can be gotten through training in other things as well, but hey, this forum, this community and the intent of this web site is about Kung Fu.

So, who's clueless about that? Look in the mirror Daley Boy.

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 07:09 AM
really daley boy? who said mma fighters have low skill level?

I'd say this pretty much sums it up:

mma IS coliseum stuff.

there is lots of blood.
that is what the viewing people want.

I personally prefer to watch good old boxing.

The skill levels shown and required are pretty high all the way round, which is not true of mma which has guys in it who really shouldn't be there but get to be tomato cans and concussion collectors.

only the very top elites are enjoyable to watch ply their trade and the rest are shlubs.

but boxers, they all got something sweet to offer for the most part.

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 07:15 AM
What is so hard to understand about Kung Fu practitioners not necessarily being engaged in only the fighting aspects? Some like the antiquated weaponry, some like the discipline of practice, some are fascinated with the filial construct and so on. there is so much to offer in learning Kung Fu that goes beyond just the fighting aspect.

testing your mettle doesn't mean fight to prove your worth. It could mean in context your ability to see things through, to continue when you don't feel liek it, to push through perceived barriers.

On another level, I suppose that can be gotten through training in other things as well, but hey, this forum, this community and the intent of this web site is about Kung Fu.

That's great. I get that and that's fine.

Here's where the problem comes in... when people who take that approach insinuate to the fighters that the fighting approach is somehow less complicated or requires less skill or ends up with everyone injured and unable to continue or that they can do it better.

You know stuff like that.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 07:17 AM
I'd say this pretty much sums it up:

what I said:
mma IS coliseum stuff.

there is lots of blood.
that is what the viewing people want.

I personally prefer to watch good old boxing.

The skill levels shown and required are pretty high all the way round, which is not true of mma which has guys in it who really shouldn't be there but get to be tomato cans and concussion collectors.

only the very top elites are enjoyable to watch ply their trade and the rest are shlubs.

but boxers, they all got something sweet to offer for the most part.

yep, I stand by that.
You don't watch it or what? You can't make the discernment between skill and lack of it?

In any sport, you will have a small group of elites that are really enjoyable to watch, and then you have the fodder.

are you saying that every single mma fighter out there is some kind of wrecking machine? You're wrong bzzzzt. Move to the next aisle please.

are you actually inferring that everyone who steps into the square circle is the bees knees for doing that alone? You're wrong, bzzzzt, move along.

sweet jesus boy, even an alcoholic has to get passed the denial before he can move on to recovery.

mma schools are filled with as many people that are there for the t-shirt as kung fu schools are filled with grasshopper wannabes speaking in broken english despite the fact it;'s their first and only language.

How about all the armchair fatties who love ufc that drop in and talk about how Kung Fu is crap, you stand with that kind of crap too?

If you misconstrued my comment above to what you appear to think it means, then I question your general intelligence Dale. you don't seem to understand simple sentences put together into paragraphs and read whatever sh1t is in your head into it.

so where am I saying that mma fighters have low level skill? I'm talking about the bottom rung filler guys and yeah, most of em have minimal skill when compared with the guys who are actually worth watching.

stepping up ain't enough in that game Daley boy.

so, still feeling superior there? :rolleyes: I wish you could read and understand. But you're still coming across as just a jerk with a chip on his shoulder.

EarthDragon
10-19-2010, 07:17 AM
dale frank is just mad because his hairdo matches bozoo the clowns

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 07:22 AM

Interesting thread. Another of those where the theoretical nonfighters try to tell the fighter(s) how things really are.

A special prize to the first person who can find where I copy and pasted that from. ;)

Hey, Terrence. I was only half joking. :) Having you and Knifefighter in the same thread makes it even more overwhelming for the tcma's.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 07:24 AM
That's great. I get that and that's fine.

Here's where the problem comes in... when people who take that approach insinuate to the fighters that the fighting approach is somehow less complicated or requires less skill or ends up with everyone injured and unable to continue or that they can do it better.

You know stuff like that.

YOu are the king of insinuation.

also, you will create emotional context with your attitude and rudeness and then when guys bite back at you, you go off in your little world of glee.

It's a weak approach.

Supporting your practice by diminishing someone else's doesn't say much for what you do man. In fact, it puts it into a dimmer light all the time. Lemme put it this way, I don't dig what you're into. It's not my thing and I'm really not interested in it in a big scope way.

I'm into my thing. I can look beyond someone else's kookiness and find the worth of what else is there. Provided that opportunity is afforded to me.

But when you are met with a slamming door and a f - off you're wrong about everything, exactly how do you expect that to go over with anyone, especially when their experience tells them different.

You can't expect a decent conversation with someone when your consistent entry point is to deride them and get their hackles up. All you are going to get is defensiveness. and the value of attacker vs defender in a conversation without quarter given anywhere goes nowhere and results in nothing but bad feelings.

so, you are a source point for sourness here in this forum. You don't expect people to just go "oh Dale, you are so manly and right about everything, I'm going to give up on kung fu and never study it anymore ever!

yeah, that ain't gonna happen man. Some people really like martial arts, but they aren't into the constantly training to fight stuff. That's WHY there is offerings other thav that available.

You wanna go spend all your time on the fight aspect, go ahead. That's not what I'm into. I enjoy that aspect somewhat, but I don't make it my sole focus and I'm really not interested in doing so.

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 07:26 AM
what I said:

yep, I stand by that.
You don't watch it or what? You can't make the discernment between skill and lack of it?

In any sport, you will have a small group of elites that are really enjoyable to watch, and then you have the fodder.

are you saying that every single mma fighter out there is some kind of wrecking machine? You're wrong bzzzzt. Move to the next aisle please.

are you actually inferring that everyone who steps into the square circle is the bees knees for doing that alone? You're wrong, bzzzzt, move along.

sweet jesus boy, even an alcoholic has to get passed the denial before he can move on to recovery.

mma schools are filled with as many people that are there for the t-shirt as kung fu schools are filled with grasshopper wannabes speaking in broken english despite the fact it;'s their first and only language.

How about all the armchair fatties who love ufc that drop in and talk about how Kung Fu is crap, you stand with that kind of crap too?

If you misconstrued my comment above to what you appear to think it means, then I question your general intelligence Dale. you don't seem to understand simple sentences put together into paragraphs and read whatever sh1t is in your head into it.

so where am I saying that mma fighters have low level skill? I'm talking about the bottom rung filler guys and yeah, most of em have minimal skill when compared with the guys who are actually worth watching.

stepping up ain't enough in that game Daley boy.

so, still feeling superior there? :rolleyes: I wish you could read and understand. But you're still coming across as just a jerk with a chip on his shoulder.

MMA is no different than any other competitive activity in terms of distribution of skill level. Doesnt' matter if you are talking about gymnastics, boxing, tennis, running, football, baseball, track and field, weight lifting, etc. You will have pretty much a standard bell curve distribution of skill levels. All activities have less skill at the lower levels, this includes both boxing and MMA.

Thinking that one type of competitive activity somehow produces "more skilled" people than another one is completely ignorant.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 07:30 AM
MMA is no different than any other competitive activity in terms of distribution of skill level. Doesnt' matter if you are talking about gymnastics, boxing, tennis, running, football, baseball, track and field, weight lifting, etc. You will have pretty much a standard bell curve distribution of skill levels. All activities have less skill at the lower levels, this includes both boxing and MMA.

Thinking that one type of competitive activity somehow produces "more skilled" people than another one is completely ignorant.

where are you going with this?

yes a bell curve exists in ALL lines of study and practice.

Who thinks or has stated they think one type of activity produces "more skilled" people? I mean, besides you?

I am all about the individual. But, individuals do form groups and then you can see who's who in the stack up based on that group and that group alone. At least until merging with other groups and then the levels are reset again.

Also, I doubt we disagree on the kind of drive and intention that is required to get good at something. MMA requires as much drive, ambition and clarity to get good at as anything else.

But it's what you are getting good at that is fairly linear in scope. If you are the best at MMA, what is it you are good at?

If you are the best at Kung Fu, what is it you're good at? It is not a linear path, so, you can see how a Kung Fu person might never be a great fighter, but they could be a great lion dancer, or a great teacher of qigong, or a great weapons expert, or even a great fighter.

but the mma guy will not be recognized because he does yoga on his off days, won't be recognized for his meditation skills and so on. Those are all taken form elsewhere and while they may serve that guy, they are not part and parcel to mma training or path.
However, it is quite common to find these paths in Kung Fu.

Not everyone is interested in banging. If they were, then TKD would not be the most popular martial art on the planet. Wing Chun wouldn't be the most widely practiced Kung Fu style in the world and nobody would be into all the offshoot arts at all.

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Injuries withstanding, a person who trains fighting(not forms, etc) gains all of the benefits that the qi huggers get from qi gong/form practice. Fighters look good, feel good, hopefully develop good posture, get adequate calcium built in their joints to survive the dreaded old age broken hip, their organs get massaged, their muscles get conditioned and brought through their ranges of motion, joints get opened and closed, sleep gets better, they hopefully have better diets since they are more active.

All of the above benefits come from wholesome hard training minus injuries. The same cannot be said for people that do kung fu for health and say they can fight. These guys have the health benefits minus cardio(which is why a lot of them are fat) but none of the fighting abilities.

One is the harder path for sure but you gain in both worlds. B.K Franzcis stated this same thing in his internal martial arts book(the big blue one he first wrote).

I ask you again, David. A guy from the forum spars, video tapes it, and puts it up here. He gets his butt handed to him and asks what he can do better so that next time this does not happen. Would he benefit more from your advice or knifefighter's? Would you be qualified to give him any advice?

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 07:33 AM

I am going to take a stab at it. Knifefighter pretty much says this in every thread he posts in. What prize do I get?

Knifefighter
10-19-2010, 07:40 AM
I am going to take a stab at it. Knifefighter pretty much says this in every thread he posts in. What prize do I get?

I'm going to guess something different. I think it was from one of T's original posts when he first came here 50 years ago.

EarthDragon
10-19-2010, 07:41 AM
mysterious power
you still have failed to answer the thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres your video? or are you going to duck the entire kung fu online forum? and make up more excuses?????

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 08:03 AM
mysterious power
you still have failed to answer the thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres your video? or are you going to duck the entire kung fu online forum? and make up more excuses?????

I have nothing to prove here. I am not even sure why people take me seriously. Please do not.

YOU on the other hand try to put down on paper that you have trained this, bounced in that bar, trained in mantis, did mma, blah blah. YOu are the one who needs proving here. Unfortunately I do not make money off of advertisements of magnetic skills seminars. I wish I could get into that crowd because I would steal SO much money from those suckers. I do not have students who frequent here to see me huff and puff and revere me as their sifu. I am just a fan of the martial arts and more importantly the drama that gets on here.

So, Earthdragon, care to regal us with more stories of your supposed exploits? I clearly remember your post. You did not mention that the dude won ALTERNATE fights in ufc 6 and 7. You said, point blank, that he won ufc 6 and 7. Knifefighter debunked you and you revised the post. You mentioned that mantis has throws in it. Yay. Does it have elbows and knees..and punches too? :) Put up a video of a mantis killing another bug to illustrate why your style is so deadly.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 08:08 AM
*snip* You did not mention that the dude won ALTERNATE fights in ufc 6 and 7. You said, point blank, that he won ufc 6 and 7. Knifefighter debunked you and you revised the post. *snip*

Both you and Knifefighter are wrong about this. Mike clearly states it's alternate bouts in his very first post about it. That was cleared up, but for some reason you can't seem to follow along.

again, you ask for a lot from others without extending anything from yourself. So don't expect people to be falling over themselves to show you anything, tell you anything or engage you in any conversation about anything of real import.

lemons will be met with lemons.

hskwarrior
10-19-2010, 08:10 AM

throw in some sugar we can make some lemonade :D

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 08:11 AM
throw in some sugar we can make some lemonade :D

see, now that's thinking like a kung fu guy. lol :p

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Both you and Knifefighter are wrong about this. Mike clearly states it's alternate bouts in his very first post about it. That was cleared up, but for some reason you can't seem to follow along.

again, you ask for a lot from others without extending anything from yourself. So don't expect people to be falling over themselves to show you anything, tell you anything or engage you in any conversation about anything of real import.

I asked for a video of a mantis killing a bug. Not a video of earthdragon using deadly mantis on someone. Come on! That was a joke on the whole, "Where is your video?" line of questioning. Take a chill pill, man. Don't they have state run heroin in Canada yet? Get some!

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 08:13 AM
see, now that's thinking like a kung fu guy. lol :p

Thinking like a kung fu guy also comes out in the form of doing forms, qi gong, sensitivity drills and thinking they are deadly because of it. How is that for sugar?

Dragonzbane76
10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Here's your pic. :)

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/31000/Kill-Bill-Praying-Mantis--31247.jpg

hskwarrior
10-19-2010, 08:17 AM
I asked for a video of a mantis killing a bug. Not a video of earthdragon using deadly mantis on someone. Come on! That was a joke on the whole, "Where is your video?" line of questioning. Take a chill pill, man. Don't they have state run heroin in Canada yet? Get some!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/819669/

hskwarrior
10-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Thinking like a kung fu guy also comes out in the form of doing forms, qi gong, sensitivity drills and thinking they are deadly because of it. How is that for sugar?

That ain't no C & H sugar from Hawaii !!!!!!! :D

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 08:22 AM

I'm deadly because I can hit you with an r700 from a few hundred yards, I can hit you with a broadhead from over 250 feet. I can hit you with a .38 from 100+feet. That, and only that is why anyone could even say I or anyone of equal understanding would say they were deadly.

none of the other stuff makes me deadly, just healthier and happier.

TenTigers
10-19-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm deadly because I can hit you with an r700 from a few hundred yards, I can hit you with a broadhead from over 250 feet. I can hit you with a .38 from 100+feet. That, and only that is why anyone could even say I or anyone of equal understanding would say they were deadly.

what kind of optics you running on the remington?

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
what kind of optics you running on the remington?

10x bushnell.

I like the elite 4200 tactical though.

anyway, no gun talk! lol put those things away man! this is a kung fu forum!

EarthDragon
10-19-2010, 08:32 AM
dragon , thats was awesome thanks for the pic.

thanks HSK for the video, that was kinda cruel but still cool.

have nothing to prove here. I am not even sure why people take me seriously. Please do not.
I really thought you were going to put up a vid.

YOU on the other hand try to put down on paper that you have trained this, bounced in that bar, trained in mantis, did mma, blah blah.

yes I have bounced for 9 years and at many clubs in my youth, I do teach and own a kung fu school since 1996. I have trained MA for 29 years. I have trained hundreds of people and have hundreds of students. I did train a guy who enterted and won his alternate bouts in UFC 6 & 7. I have been publised writing articles about 8 step for inside kung fu and the mantis quaterly. I am listed on he natis cave as a gneration diciple of ba bu tang lang. I have even hosted the entire national taji team from tapei tawain. Many people here know me and look forward to reading my posts as i try to help other TCMA and explian things that perhaps they havent gotten or understand and as a teacher i feel compleded to help others with what i have been fortunate enough to be taught. So thqt proves a little about me and who I am.

Please list your real name and where you train, list your expereice, your credientials and your MA acomplishements........................... I dont have to prove anything the proof is all over the internet google my name and see how many pages come up.

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 01:07 PM

So you are ONLY deadly with a gun in your hand. Good to know.

David Jamieson
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
So you are ONLY deadly with a gun in your hand. Good to know.

I suppose I could punch you to death, or stomp you to death, or cut you up with a blade and stab you to death etc.

But if you are going to actually "be" deadly, then you have to think of the most efficient way to be that.

H2H ain't it, never has been, never will be.

the real deadly is in military s&t

martial artists are martial artists.

Dragonzbane76
10-20-2010, 03:33 AM
have to agree... if i'm going to mess someone up with no concious about it...I'm pulling the gun out.

MA's is one thing, if you want the tip top of self defense buy a gun.