PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Reasons to do TMA

Eric Hunstad
10-19-2010, 06:33 AM
10. I look great in silk PJ's.
9. It gives me something to do between episodes of Caprica and Dancing with the Stars.
8. I get a great workout without even sweating!
7. It gives me self-defense skills for real world applications (by using toy replicas of 500 year old weapons many of which weren't even very effective back then).
6. I mimic the movements of animals in order to gain their mental and physical attributes....I especially like the "donkey" style. Oops, that was a typo, I meant "monkey" style.
5. I get a great sense of accomplishment. It's only gonna take $5,000 and/or 15 more tests until I reach my black belt. The same is true for my 8 year old nephew.
4. It teaches 27 different ways to escape a double lapel grab. I'll show you....grab here...and..oops. I wasn't ready. Try again to grab me....oops...aw shucks.....
3. It teaches goal setting. For example, this year I set two goals: 1) to move out of my parents house and 2) to actually kiss a girl. Yes I do know it's October and I haven't done either one yet. Yes I do know I'm 43 years old. What's your point?
2. Internal TMA is a complete system- it's all you need. Practice it and you don't need a job, you don't need money, you don't need a girlfriend, you don't need a life....
1. It's a hell of a lotta fun!!!!

Eric Hunstad
www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

SPJ
10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
10 reasons that I did TMA

1. I had motor function disorder when I was a kid.

tan tui made me have steady gait and step

2. My cousins always shuai jiao me

need to learn shuai jiao, so that I did not eat dirts all the time

dirts eating gave me diahrea.

3. I was weak and feeble

long fist made me "strong", basically stretching arms and legs.

4, a getaway after household chores

do something different

5. something to do in the park

6. the humid weather made me sweat a lot, do some qi gong to cool me down

7. what silk PJ? it was a pair of cotton sweat pants and shirtless but a towel and a bucket of cool water, my body would be covered with sweat soon.

8. China had culture revolution, no tma practice. In Taiwan, there was a cultural renaissance. Must practice to preserve physical culture.

9. understanding what other people are doing in the park every morning

10. my health dictated me to do some physical exercise every day.

to get a girl to kiss you, may be a brocade of roses and a card

some tried chocolate or sweet green bean cake with a message hidden inside

or just whisper that you luv her

or

TMA had nothing to do with wooing a girlfriend.

MysteriousPower
10-19-2010, 08:07 AM
10. I look great in silk PJ's.
9. It gives me something to do between episodes of Caprica and Dancing with the Stars.
8. I get a great workout without even sweating!
7. It gives me self-defense skills for real world applications (by using toy replicas of 500 year old weapons many of which weren't even very effective back then).
6. I mimic the movements of animals in order to gain their mental and physical attributes....I especially like the "donkey" style. Oops, that was a typo, I meant "monkey" style.
5. I get a great sense of accomplishment. It's only gonna take $5,000 and/or 15 more tests until I reach my black belt. The same is true for my 8 year old nephew.
4. It teaches 27 different ways to escape a double lapel grab. I'll show you....grab here...and..oops. I wasn't ready. Try again to grab me....oops...aw shucks.....
3. It teaches goal setting. For example, this year I set two goals: 1) to move out of my parents house and 2) to actually kiss a girl. Yes I do know it's October and I haven't done either one yet. Yes I do know I'm 43 years old. What's your point?
2. Internal TMA is a complete system- it's all you need. Practice it and you don't need a job, you don't need money, you don't need a girlfriend, you don't need a life....
1. It's a hell of a lotta fun!!!!

Eric Hunstad
www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

Dude, you support tcma right? Your post points clearly at what is wrong with it. Unless you meant it as a parody. I have not read the mma one yet.

Eric Hunstad
10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
I meant it to point out that we all have things we can laugh about ourselves and we all shouldn't take ourselves so seriously (myself included). TMA/MMA I love it all, but the endless bickering here is driving me crazy....

mooyingmantis
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Eric,
LOL! Good post!

hskwarrior
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I meant it to point out that we all have things we can laugh about ourselves and we all shouldn't take ourselves so seriously (myself included). TMA/MMA I love it all, but the endless bickering here is driving me crazy....

i agree. good post too

GeneChing
10-19-2010, 02:31 PM
It pays the bills.

YouKnowWho
10-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I like TCMA:

1. equipment training. Even today, I still cannot find any modern training method that can replace the TCMA "tree hanging". I like modern Kelly Bell training but I like TCMA stone lock training better.
2. 5 elements combat strategies.
3. general combat theory.
4. set up combos.
5. body unification principle.
6. body guide limbs principle.
7. 2 men drills training.
8. speed traing.
9. power generation training.
10. black hands training.

This may sound like serious response but this is a serious subject. I may lost faith in God but I will never lost faith in TCMA.

SPJ
10-19-2010, 03:43 PM
what is black hand training?

you mean hidden hand or very tenacious hand method?

:)

YouKnowWho
10-19-2010, 04:12 PM
what is black hand training?

you mean hidden hand or very tenacious hand method?

:)
黑手之意,為隱而未現,難於察覺,走奇峰,用巧招,直攻人性暗理處的弱點,用式講求精妙神絕,為古人摔跤無 數先聖先賢的心血結晶,絕對不是心狠手辣,歹毒陰險,下毒手之意。

This is not a proper subject to be discussed on the internet. The 黑手(black hand) was used in the ancient time to deal with "unfriendly challengers". The purpose is to cause some serious (even permenate) body injury on your opponent, so your bad reputation will spread out, and discourage other challengers to knock on your door. Those moves look like regular moves but you add few tricks into it. It's hard to detect and most of the time your opponent may think it's just an accident, and nobody may even know that you did it "on purpose".

You will find some "black hand" in these 2 clips.

http://johnswang.com/sc19.wmv
http://johnswang.com/sc23.wmv

EarthDragon
10-19-2010, 07:53 PM
you know who, at 38 seconds we actually have that shua chiao throw its called bung tiao. cool clip

Violent Designs
10-20-2010, 02:14 AM
黑手之意,為隱而未現,難於察覺,走奇峰,用巧招,直攻人性暗理處的弱點,用式講求精妙神絕,為古人摔跤無 數先聖先賢的心血結晶,絕對不是心狠手辣,歹毒陰險,下毒手之意。

This is not a proper subject to be discussed on the internet. The 黑手(black hand) was used in the ancient time to deal with "unfriendly challengers". The purpose is to cause some serious (even permenate) body injury on your opponent, so your bad reputation will spread out, and discourage other challengers to knock on your door. Those moves look like regular moves but you add few tricks into it. It's hard to detect and most of the time your opponent may think it's just an accident, and nobody may even know that you did it "on purpose".

You will find some "black hand" in these 2 clips.

http://johnswang.com/sc19.wmv
http://johnswang.com/sc23.wmv

what movie is that

i wanna see it.

YouKnowWho
10-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Jiao Wang - Wrestling King, If you understand Chinese, you can watch it online.

http://v.sogou.com/series/jiaowang.html

Violent Designs
10-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Jiao Wang - Wrestling King, If you understand Chinese, you can watch it online.

http://v.sogou.com/series/jiaowang.html

John, i am from Liaoning....

YouKnowWho
10-20-2010, 03:42 AM
John, i am from Liaoning....
No Kidding? I'm from Liaoning too. Just send you a PM.

Violent Designs
10-20-2010, 04:25 AM
No Kidding? I'm from Liaoning too. Just send you a PM.

small world.

bawang
10-20-2010, 07:33 AM
a good hei jiazi is when u do hip throw crush his balls with ur butt.