PDA

View Full Version : Do your friends/colleagues in jest 'test' your skills?

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Do they do things like throwing a jab miles out of range and then saying 'haha you didnt block that did you' etc

Most of mates used to do this all the time but in the summer I decided it was getting a little bit silly so I decided if they try this in jest im going to give them a taste of there of medicine etc and give them a little dig here and there.

What are your experiences

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Do they do things like throwing a jab miles out of range and then saying 'haha you didnt block that did you' etc

Most of mates used to do this all the time but in the summer I decided it was getting a little bit silly so I decided if they try this in jest im going to give them a taste of there of medicine etc and give them a little dig here and there.

What are your experiences

No, I don't hang around with under 20's. lol

But that's what kids do, they boast, they brag, they try to make some sort of identity for themselves that exhibits control or difference from the mainstream.

Once you've lived a little and grow up, you'll find that people over 30 that behave like that probably do so because of fetal alcohol syndrome or some other learning disability or psychological issue that has not been addressed or resolved.

hskwarrior
10-21-2010, 09:37 AM
YES, once your friends know you practice martial arts they always doing someone stupid. i've actually struck a few of my friends who've messed around like that.

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 09:43 AM
No, I don't hang around with under 20's. lol

But that's what kids do, they boast, they brag, they try to make some sort of identity for themselves that exhibits control or difference from the mainstream.

Once you've lived a little and grow up, you'll find that people over 30 that behave like that probably do so because of fetal alcohol syndrome or some other learning disability or psychological issue that has not been addressed or resolved.

im 35 years old, and most of my mates are around my age, 'boys will be boys'

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
im 35 years old, and most of my mates are around my age, 'boys will be boys'

You live in Essex or something? lol

A better class of friends maybe? I dunno.

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 09:52 AM
You live in Essex or something? lol

A better class of friends maybe? I dunno.

Do you offen make assumptions without any facts?

David Jamieson in thinking all guys over the age of 30 are mature LOL , I think you need to live a little to be fair.

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Do you offen make assumptions without any facts?

David Jamieson in thinking all guys over the age of 30 are mature LOL , I think you need to live a little to be fair.

I don't think that at all. I think it's in their best interest to be that, but alas, I know it's not true at all.

I can't help you beyond, get friends that are mature and be mature yourself.

bawang
10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
maybe you and ur frends are just cold and distant toward each other , dave. maybe you never had a real friend.

hskwarrior
10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
maybe you and ur frends are just cold and distant toward each other , dave. maybe you never had a real friend.

BAWANG!!!!! NO, dave won't be your friend and he DOESN'T want to spoon with you.....DO YOU? I mean fogive me for speaking for david!!!!! LMAO

UR SO GAY Bawang!!!!

bawang
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
how is spooning another man gay? man youre a weirdo.

Lucas
10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
got to be careful sneak attacking people....i stabbed my best friend once....dont do it.

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think that at all. I think it's in their best interest to be that, but alas, I know it's not true at all.

I can't help you beyond, get friends that are mature and be mature yourself.

I didnt make this thread asking for help, so feel free to act the immature smart ar** all you like.

If you cant contribute, pipe down and run along

bawang
10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
when my friend joked the next time i gave him props i smashed his fist. he couldnt move his hand for half the day. maybe u can try that.

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I didnt make this thread asking for help, so feel free to act the immature smart ar** all you like.

If you cant contribute, pipe down and run along

I'm not offering you any help.
do whatever you like.

I think you're running with a pack of immature guys by your own admission.
If you don't like comments on an open forum, maybe you should thicken your skin a bit first before posting questions about what others do, think and have experienced.

My experience is that guys who are over 25, that behave in the manner as you describe have issues and should invest time in growing up.

What can I say, you did ask what our experiences are.

But hey, if you're gonna get all defensive about it, maybe it's you that should move along? lol :p

hskwarrior
10-21-2010, 10:10 AM
once, i was at the grocery store looking for something in the frozen foods section for my girlfriend. I was so focused on looking for what she had me picking up i wasn't paying attention to anything else when suddenly i hear these footsteps coming at me in my direction and saw this person rushing me. I stepped back a little and hit him under his chin with an elbow. His head flew back and i heard his teeth click together. then i noticed it was my friend. i was like FOOL!!!!

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm not offering you any help.
do whatever you like.

I think you're running with a pack of immature guys by your own admission.
If you don't like comments on an open forum, maybe you should thicken your skin a bit first before posting questions about what others do, think and have experienced.

My experience is that guys who are over 25, that behave in the manner as you describe have issues and should invest time in growing up.

What can I say, you did ask what our experiences are.

But hey, if you're gonna get all defensive about it, maybe it's you that should move along? lol :p

STEADY! LOL

Now its jumped down to 25 years old for some reason??? make your mind up!

what can I say my mates come from all backgrounds from teachers to footballers to scrapyard workers, and one thing is for sure we all have a bit of BANTA and fun.

David have you ever had a bit of BANTA with your mates?

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
STEADY! LOL

Now its jumped down to 25 years old for some reason??? make your mind up!

what can I say my mates come from all backgrounds from teachers to footballers to scrapyard workers, and one thing is for sure we all have a bit of BANTA and fun.

David have you ever had a bit of BANTA with your mates?

we come from different worlds.

I have fun with friends. We don't playfight with each other on any level.

I mean, I'll spar with guys, sometimes really hard, but we're all in agrreance about what will go down and we all realize and know in the front of the mind that there is a possibilty we could get hurt while doing that.

I'm closer to fifty than 30, so attribute it to that. :)

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM
we come from different worlds.

I have fun with friends. We don't playfight with each other on any level.

I mean, I'll spar with guys, sometimes really hard, but we're all in agrreance about what will go down and we all realize and know in the front of the mind that there is a possibilty we could get hurt while doing that.

I'm closer to fifty than 30, so attribute it to that. :)

So you have never had a mate that used to mock/jest test your skills 20/30 years ago?

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2010, 10:22 AM
eh depends on the friend... i've had it happen.. no biggie just roll with the punches. I'm the same I have friends from all backgrounds, from redneck, to tech nerd, to jock, to family man, etc.

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
So you have never had a mate that used to mock/jest test your skills 20/30 years ago?

yep I have.

If it offends you, don't play, make them feel a little something. They will not do that again. Apologize, but level set the individual quickly. Then there will be no more jesting.

a bit of futy and hows yer ma aside, if you are not comfortable with playfight, take it up one peg, make a small hurt, apologize, move on.

pretty cut and dried. :)

bawang
10-21-2010, 10:24 AM
wow man u r so wise
i wish u were my dad

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
yep I have.

If it offends you, don't play, make them feel a little something. They will not do that again. Apologize, but level set the individual quickly. Then there will be no more jesting.

a bit of futy and hows yer ma aside, if you are not comfortable with playfight, take it up one peg, make a small hurt, apologize, move on.

pretty cut and dried. :)

so after all your BS and banging on about my mates being immature, your mates did just the same LOL

Like I said earlier, I dont want your advice on this sunbect, why are your trying to give me advice :eek: I dont know?

In the first post I mentioned that I give them a taste of there own medicine and its cool now, and if they, in jest horse around they knon im going to give them a dig.

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:34 AM
wow man u r so wise
i wish u were my dad

:D I actually laughed at that post :D

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:43 AM
so after all your BS and banging on about my mates being immature, your mates did just the same LOL

Like I said earlier, I dont want your advice on this sunbect, why are your trying to give me advice :eek: I dont know?

In the first post I mentioned that I give them a taste of there own medicine and its cool now, and if they, in jest horse around they knon im going to give them a dig.

nay lad. now it is you who assume. the mates I am referring to we were in our teens and early 20's.

I still think behaviours into the 30's like this...well, you're all a little long in the tooth for such things aren't you.

still, did you apologize for hurting your friend?

Knifefighter
10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
once, i was at the grocery store looking for something in the frozen foods section for my girlfriend. I was so focused on looking for what she had me picking up i wasn't paying attention to anything else when suddenly i hear these footsteps coming at me in my direction and saw this person rushing me. I stepped back a little and hit him under his chin with an elbow. His head flew back and i heard his teeth click together. then i noticed it was my friend. i was like FOOL!!!!

The lesson there is don't mess with hskwarrior when food is involved. That is the one time when he actually will fight for real.

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
nay lad. now it is you who assume. the mates I am referring to we were in our teens and early 20's.

I still think behaviours into the 30's like this...well, you're all a little long in the tooth for such things aren't you.

still, did you apologize for hurting your friend?

Well you said you was near 50 right, so 20 or 30 years ago, then of course your mates at that time would of been in the 20's, thats hardly an assumption its basics maths to be fair.

and Ive hit a few of my mates, in these senarios, and I have not felt the need to apolgise in the slightest.

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Well you said you was near 50 right, so 20 or 30 years ago, then of course your mates at that time would of been in the 20's, thats hardly an assumption its basics maths to be fair.

and Ive hit a few of my mates, in these senarios, and I have not felt the need to apolgise in the slightest.

a) splitting hairs

b) apologize, youll go far

c) why can't we be friends?

:)

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM
a) splitting hairs

b) apologize, youll go far

c) why can't we be friends?

:)

there isnt any need to apolgise, its fun

Violent Designs
10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
when i friend pretend to jab me, i grabbed his wrist, broke his arm in 5 places and proceeded to elbow him in the face till his jaw broke

true story

hskwarrior
10-21-2010, 12:53 PM
The lesson there is don't mess with hskwarrior when food is involved. That is the one time when he actually will fight for real.

that's RIGHT! Muddachukkah!!!!!!!!

Ya know where i learned that from? PRACTICING FORMS :p

taai gihk yahn
10-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Ya know where i learned that from? PRACTICING FORMS :p

ah, yes - Hungry Tiger Guards the Birdseye - an ancient and hoary set...

perhaps when you are ready, you wil be able to learn Sleeping Dragon Hoards the Cupcakes - but I don't know if your chi is at a high enuf frequency for that...

taai gihk yahn
10-21-2010, 01:34 PM
once, I saw this guy I didn't know, but I thought that, if he were my friend, he would be the sort to throw some kind of cheap shot at me, so I cracked him over the head from behind w a tire iron; afterwards, I left him a note asking him if he wanted to be my friend - when I wrote the word "friend", instead of a dot, I used a little heart over the "i", so that he would get the full thrust of my savvy...

hskwarrior
10-21-2010, 01:43 PM
h, yes - Hungry Tiger Guards the Birdseye - an ancient and hoary set...

perhaps when you are ready, you wil be able to learn Sleeping Dragon Hoards the Cupcakes - but I don't know if your chi is at a high enuf frequency for that...

It's OK....i can go to Radio Shack and get what i need to reach that frequency~