PDA

View Full Version : Settling it once and for all - KF vs. MMA

andyhaas
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I got to thinking today that I'd like to give the entire kungfu vs. MMA thing a rest and settle the entire debate once and for all.

So here it is:

MMMA ... Multiple Mixed Martial Arts, where you fight multiple opponents. There ... you heard it here first from ME ... pay me the royalty $$$ .LOL

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Bailiff, whack his peepee!

SPJ
10-21-2010, 10:24 AM
MMA started to take root in China or the land of kung fu

so MMA becomes part of Kung fu.

MMA did not fare well in Taiwan or south east asia

however, sand da or san shou are very active in Taiwan.

so kung fu includes mantis, shaolin----- and MMA.

:)

bawang
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
taiwan is a part of china.

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
taiwan is a part of china.

bwahahaha. Not according to Taiwan it ain't.

I can see why they wouldn't want anything to do with that commie cluster hump that is the PRC though.

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/deadhorse.jpg

Iron_Eagle_76
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/fail/fail_08.jpg

bawang
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
bwahahaha. Not according to Taiwan it ain't.

I can see why they wouldn't want anything to do with that commie cluster hump that is the PRC though.

taiwan always has and is always be make part of china. just like tibet.

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.ihasafail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ihasafail-EpicFail.jpg

Saboi Osmosis
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2e3yjpl.gif

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
taiwan always has and is always be make part of china. just like tibet.

Tibet is an old dead theocracy that needed to be dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world. The only unfortunate part was that it was China that did it.

P.S did you know the Dalai lama eats meat, craps into a golden bowl so that tibetans can mix his dung in with their "medicine" ?

lol

what a fukked up world eh? and white kids with rasta locks throng to "his holiness" with the shyte eating grins.

pathetic, but hey, that's karma for you right?

Taiwan will nuke china if they get out of hand.

bawang
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
i think america should annex canada. then the fukin hamburgers would cost cheaper. i aint paying 5 dollars for tiny ass paper thin baby hamburgers.

andyhaas
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I meant just KF vs. MMA, not China vs. Tibet, China vs. Taiwan, Canada vs. U.S., etc.

Although, if you want to settle all the B.S. once and for all ... maybe it would be quieter?

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 11:03 AM
i think america should annex canada. then the fukin hamburgers would cost cheaper. i aint paying 5 dollars for tiny ass paper thin baby hamburgers.

double cheeseburger @ mccrapples is 1.39 what choo talking about?

also, Canada and the US are two of the most powerful trade partners on the planet.

You're thinking like an aggressive commie or something.

friends don't annex friends. :p

Xiao3 Meng4
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM

$1.39??

Mcprices vary based on regional economies, even within cities. Ottawa's downtown Mclocations serve double cheeseburgers for $1.95 or so. The West end where I live has the double cheeseburger listed at $1.89. If your closest McDonald's is really selling them for $1.39... is it in the rough part of town?

pateticorecords
10-21-2010, 11:29 AM

also, Canada and the US are two of the most powerful trade partners on the planet.

You're thinking like an aggressive commie or something.

friends don't annex friends. :p

hahaha... plus Canadians know how to party:p

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
$1.39??

Mcprices vary based on regional economies, even within cities. Ottawa's downtown Mclocations serve double cheeseburgers for $1.95 or so. The West end where I live has the double cheeseburger listed at $1.89. If your closest McDonald's is really selling them for $1.39... is it in the rough part of town?

come to think of it, yeah, it is. lol

but not where i live, that's the price around where i work which is one of the worst neighbourhoods in toronto.

sorry little somalia, as a neighbourhood, you suck and you're ghetto. :p

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
hahaha... plus Canadians know how to party:p

we have teams of eskimos and lumberjacks in canoes working hard every day to ensure that we are on top of our party technology and that's the only reason why.

solo1
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/fail/fail_08.jpg

follow up fail

Lucas
10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
its a top secret presidential phone, it supposed to do that!

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.maxpower.ca/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/harper_cowboy.jpg

ultra mega fail power

looks like maxpower.ca is still living in the 90's with crappy servers. lol
I'm gonna leave this here anyway, just so people can see how far in the past maxpower is. lol

anyway, here's teh ultra mega fail pic again:
http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/stephen-harper-the-cowboy.jpg

YouKnowWho
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM
MMMA ... Multiple Mixed Martial Arts, where you fight multiple opponents.

You may start with 3. While 2 guys are fighting, the 3rd guy can circle around and try to find a chance to attack either fighter. You may also put 4, 5, or even 6 guys in the ring and you define a set of rules that anybody can fight against anybody. At the end, there will only be one winner come out of it. This kind of training will help you to develop skils such as:

- environment alert,
- move like a butterfly,
- take down resistence,
- hit and run strategy,
- fight out of a group, and

It's fun and also give you a chance to look at combat from a different angle.

Violent Designs
10-21-2010, 12:27 PM
i'm so glad i don't do MMA, man

to be lumped together with those "ultimate fighters"

imagine the horrors

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 01:28 PM
mma will not aid you in the execution of this technique:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/failblog/videos/960/

but kung fu? the force is with you!

:p

wenshu
10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
There is nothing communist about the PRC. It is a Capitalist Totalitarian Police State.

The hamburgers are wimpy in Canadia because they don't use all those awesome exogenous hormones on their cows.

Ahh, traffic in China, that **** is awesome.

Violent Designs
10-21-2010, 01:52 PM
I support totalitarianism .

at least they got enough balls to execute criminals

David Jamieson
10-21-2010, 01:52 PM
There is nothing communist about the PRC. It is a Capitalist Totalitarian Police State.

somewhat true, China is not marxist or Leninist in it's expression of collectivism.
And ever since "making money is glorious" was said by Deng, it's been a crazy ride for China.

North Korea is a totalitarian police state. I don't even think it's really communist so much as it's just some weird little family not being shot or hanged for some reason.

With China, you have a big ass committee that dictates what the people are to do. It is changing and it is way better than NK which is kind of how it used to be.

I think communism is alive and well in the rural areas though and frankly most Chinese are still rural, but that's changing too.

Dragonzbane76
10-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I meant just KF vs. MMA, not China vs. Tibet, China vs. Taiwan, Canada vs. U.S., etc.

Although, if you want to settle all the B.S. once and for all ... maybe it would be quieter?

nah it will never end... just an ongoing daytime soap. And what fun would it be to quite?

ManilaCrane
10-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Just one question (and pls don't hate me if this question offends anyone): isn't MMA (da stuff u see in UFC) just basically something based off fighting styles the US Marines uses? (US Marines Martial Arts Program)... U can just call it dat, in my opinion.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Just one question (and pls don't hate me if this question offends anyone): isn't MMA (da stuff u see in UFC) just basically something based off fighting styles the US Marines uses? (US Marines Martial Arts Program)... U can just call it dat, in my opinion.

The UFC is a venue of mixed martial arts, it is a rule set where striking, clinching, and grappling are combined and all used in the fight. There are several martial arts that can be a part of the training, hence the name, mixed martial arts. There are military folks who could tell you what Marine Corp CQC is like, but to answer you, no, MMA was not based off of one military training program.

The history of how modern MMA came to be is a long history I don't feel like going over, look it up, there are tons of info out there. The original UFC and the style of BJJ had more to do with the creation of MMA than anything.

David Jamieson
10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
nah it will never end... just an ongoing daytime soap. And what fun would it be to quite?

It has become: "As teh cheeseburger turns" hasn't it. :p

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2010, 09:56 AM
MMA/UFC has it's roots in vale tudo.

David Jamieson
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM

really, i thought it had it's roots in the human condition?

Northwind
10-24-2010, 05:58 PM

Oh I thought it had it's roots in the 60/70's during anti-everything times. Like anti-kung fu is good, but you really ought to try the chow mein... Wow I actually made a funny (I guess only the tcma-ers would get that one).

EarthDragon
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM

all valetudo means is anything goes... loose translation.but I would say that MMA's roots is more from greek pankration or bartitsu.