PDA

View Full Version : i present the REAL MANTIS KUNGFU

Violent Designs
10-22-2010, 05:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAxcPE_0eXw

grabs people, awkward looking stance, lanking limbs, doesn't let go......

:p

Dragonzbane76
10-22-2010, 06:11 AM
haha that guy had to have sh!t blood for a week.

quality was a little bad on vid.

Was this a challenge match or something back in the 60's?

you notice I think that ref. was ciecil peoples. :)

The guy in black didn't have an answer for those knees. He found the uppercut a few times but he couldn't get the guy loose from his Plum. After awhile he started putting his arms down to protect his mid which just turned into him taking punishment on the arms and then not really being able to throw a punch after that.

Violent Designs
10-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Diesel Noi was a monster.

One-dimensional as fukc but a monster in that one dimension.

Good boxers today would probably beat him though but it's always a tossup when that freak gets his arms around your head.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Wow! First I give props to the kickboxer/mantis guy or whatever he is. He hung in there and gave it all he had, just was simply outclassed. This should be a great lesson for all those who don't use or understand the Thai clinch, it will straight up f**uck your sh**it up!:p

Violent Designs
10-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Wow! First I give props to the kickboxer/mantis guy or whatever he is. He hung in there and gave it all he had, just was simply outclassed. This should be a great lesson for all those who don't use or understand the Thai clinch, it will straight up f**uck your sh**it up!:p

wrestlers can just take down Thai guys and ruin your day, the Thai clinches are more tools to use.

that is all

Mantis was Diesel Noi, I mean look at that guy snatches your head like pincers and then digs deep and don't let go. :D

sanjuro_ronin
10-22-2010, 07:08 AM
It is funny that the MT fighter was indeed a very good representation of Mantis.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-22-2010, 07:09 AM
wrestlers can just take down Thai guys and ruin your day, the Thai clinches are more tools to use.

that is all

Mantis was Diesel Noi, I mean look at that guy snatches your head like pincers and then digs deep and don't let go. :D

I got ya. I thought you were showing a mantis guy getting killed by Muay Thai. Sure, wrestlers can shoot the takedown but I'm talking form a kickboxing or Muay Thai match like this, the guy's lack of clinchwork really showed. Like I said, he was tough and gave it his all, just outclassed by a country mile.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-22-2010, 07:10 AM
It is funny that the MT fighter was indeed a very good representation of Mantis.

What the sam hell are you talking about??? None of these guys have "teh realz" Mantis.:D

Violent Designs
10-22-2010, 07:11 AM
I got ya. I thought you were showing a mantis guy getting killed by Muay Thai. Sure, wrestlers can shoot the takedown but I'm talking form a kickboxing or Muay Thai match like this, the guy's lack of clinchwork really showed. Like I said, he was tough and gave it his all, just outclassed by a country mile.

no you are spot on. i was just talking more from a self defense perspective.

OMG WAT U DONT DO MMA AND THINK WRESTLING IS GOOD?!

no wai

David Jamieson
10-22-2010, 07:22 AM
The dude in black had no idea what to do in the clinch and was dominated from there because the MT dude had neck control and the guy in black could not maintain proper structure to launch anything of reaosnable power out of the clinch.

He should have learned to slip the clinch at least and he was stepping away (sticking his ass out)from the knees instead of moving closer and getting upright to kill them.

if he had pressed in he could have disolved the knees somewhat and started in with hooks to the out side gates.

also his kicks sucked and he kept hitting the MT dude in the shins, which are his weapons so it's not like those did much.

anyone disagree with that? why?

Violent Designs
10-22-2010, 07:30 AM
The dude in black had no idea what to do in the clinch and was dominated from there because the MT dude had neck control and the guy in black could not maintain proper structure to launch anything of reaosnable power out of the clinch.

He should have learned to slip the clinch at least and he was stepping away (sticking his ass out)from the knees instead of moving closer and getting upright to kill them.

if he had pressed in he could have disolved the knees somewhat and started in with hooks to the out side gates.

also his kicks sucked and he kept hitting the MT dude in the shins, which are his weapons so it's not like those did much.

anyone disagree with that? why?

don't disagree good assessment I was just making some yokes that's all.

and you CAN'T deny Diesel Noi looks and fights like a praying mantis gone hungry.

mickey
10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Greetings,

The Thai boxer understood his ranges. His opponent was superior at long range, so the Thai boxer had to go in close and stay there.

The guy in black was a head hunter. All during the time he was in the clinch the Thai guy's liver was there, ready to be pounded.

Overall a nice fight.

mickey

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 09:08 AM
was wondering why this was called real mantis kung fu .....