PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts SCAM

hskwarrior
10-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I just received an email and had a funny feeling about it so i google'd the name of the guys company. and the first thing that pops up is SCAM...other forum's are talking about it. Have any of you here been getting this email:

Hello,

My name is Howard Paul. I want to book training services for a group of six who shall be on vacation to your country for 6weeks.We want a private training sessions with you. Their stay will last from the last week of November 2010 to January 2011.They are all beginners and six in number .We intend to improve our confidence, gain self defense skills, increase fitness and enjoy new challenges.What can you offer? Can I know your qualification and service rate ?

Do you have a training facility where you conduct classes? if not,we can arrange one for the classes
I would love to know the possibility of working with you during this period.Kindly get back to me with your proposals so that we can make booking asap.

Best regards.
Howard Paul
BCSSA,Egerton Training Ground,
Mereheath Lane,
Knutsford,
Cheshire, WA16 6SL

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 12:18 PM
did you send him money? or reply form your email addy? spammers are everywhere ask him toi include a phone number so you can call him, tht usually gets em off track as its a computer not a person typing. one time i asked what thier favorite color was and they responded by sending me the same thing again...

hskwarrior
10-22-2010, 12:24 PM
did you send him money? or reply form your email addy? spammers are everywhere ask him toi include a phone number so you can call him, tht usually gets em off track as its a computer not a person typing. one time i asked what thier favorite color was and they responded by sending me the same thing again...

HELL NO....i just google'd his info and the very same info is being sent out on a massive scale. No, i didn't reply to him either...not even to say i know you're a scammer....Long Live MC Hammer

taai gihk yahn
10-22-2010, 12:35 PM
what I don't get, is what exactly is the nature of the scam? he is writing to inquire about lessons, but doesn't ask for any personal information (SSN, bank account, etc.) or any money - what exactly is he scamming you out of? I mean, if I wrote back to him and was like "ok, this is my school, this is what I charge, send me $ to learn", the worst he could do is not...me confusa...

hskwarrior
10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I didn't go too deep...i google'd it and it came up as a scam....so i ended it at that point. but i could look deeper and see if i found something more.....

taai gihk yahn
10-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I didn't go too deep...i google'd it and it came up as a scam....so i ended it at that point. but i could look deeper and see if i found something more.....

yeah, I'd be curious - I mean, it's clearly a BS e-mail, but I just don't see the MO here - usually they are pretty apparent from the get-go...

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 12:46 PM
from my understanding they generate this email in hopes you verified its you then they sell your address to other spamming comapies around tee world. then those companies phish deeper and skip trace your name, IP adress, personal info et c etc

if you dont respond they assume its a dead email adrees with noone on the other end adn disreguard ie johnsmith @ aol.com

taai gihk yahn
10-22-2010, 12:50 PM
from my understanding they generate this email in hopes you verified its you then they sell your address to other spamming comapies around tee world. then those companies phish deeper and skip trace your name, IP adress, personal info et c etc

if you dont respond they assume its a dead email adrees with noone on the other end adn disreguard ie johnsmith @ aol.com

oh, ok - that makes sense;

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 12:52 PM
oh, ok - that makes sense;
sometimes I slide one in, eh Taai?

taai gihk yahn
10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
sometimes I slide one in, eh Taai?
well, not surprising you would know about something fraud related :p:p:p

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM
LOL nice one :eek: I see you slide one in once in a while as well...

GeneChing
10-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I seldom get one from the UK. I get a lot from India, Africa and occasionally the Middle East. Usually, they are looking for an invitation to a tournament so they can use that as a reason to apply for a visa to the U.S.

SPJ
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
it used to be sale phone calls and now it is spamming e-mails.

:eek:

Ben Gash
10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
It's a check clearing scam, they'll send you a check for the tuition and some for you to pass on to their agent urgently to arrange accomodation etc. So they give you a check for $3000 dollars and ask you to pay $1500 dollars to someone the next day for them. Because of the way bank accounts work you check your account the next day and the money is listed as in there, so you send the money to the 3rd party as agreed. 3 days later you realise that the check actually bounced, and you've given them $1500 of your money :mad:

David Jamieson
10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
have them wire you the cash. can be done from pretty much anywhere in the world

lkfmdc
10-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Tell them you don't accept cash, and actually prefer sexual favors, I told one guy his wife could just service the school, needless to say, I stopped getting these emails :D

http://www.scamfreeinternet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nigerianscammers.jpg

Yum Cha
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I got one of those too earlier this month. Quick check revealed the same, a Cheque cashing scam. It really could be fun to play with them.

I asked them if they had arrangements in Sydney yet, offered to set them up with a full 2 week plan, whole deal to wet their appetite.

Funny, never heard back.

Maybe it was the bit about getting off the Heroin and cleaning out the caravan for them to stay in during their training that put them off....

taai gihk yahn
10-22-2010, 03:13 PM
LOL nice one :eek:
cheap shot, admittedly, but the timeliness of it gives it some cache that it ordinarily wouldn't have...

I see you slide one in once in a while as well...
I swear I never touched her, whoever she is :eek:

It's a check clearing scam, they'll send you a check for the tuition and some for you to pass on to their agent urgently to arrange accomodation etc. So they give you a check for $3000 dollars and ask you to pay $1500 dollars to someone the next day for them. Because of the way bank accounts work you check your account the next day and the money is listed as in there, so you send the money to the 3rd party as agreed. 3 days later you realise that the check actually bounced, and you've given them $1500 of your money :mad:
interesting; of course, if you are the sort of person who waits until the check fully clears before sending them $, not so good; or like me who would say, "hey, send them the $1500 yourself fu(ko, don't get me involved as your middleman lackey";

EarthDragon
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
no worries taai, I actually enjoy your posts and your humor.

IronWeasel
10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
well, not surprising you would know about something fraud related :p:p:p

Extra Lol!!

:D