PDA

View Full Version : Interview with YKS practitioner Dr. Cheung Yung

Pacman
10-23-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMlxI3-LFYs

in the video around 2:50 dr. cheung says that fung siu ching was probably the one who condensed his wing chun into the 3 forms (SLT, CK, BJ) that we know today.

he explains further that the WC that YM learned was from shaolin roots jee sim, etc. much different than the WC that YKS had learned.

around 4:40 he explains the many longer forms of the the southern shaolin based WC.

aside from the characteristics that dr. cheung mentioned in the video of YM WC's shaolin roots, another characteristic i see is the upright erect body. much like what you see in karate, choi lei fut, hung gar, etc. which are all descended from shaolin

this is opposed to the hunched posture of YKS WC, which you will find in many soft styles.

i posted this because on another thread there was much discussion about this topic

t_niehoff
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
He is wrong about so many things.

Paul T England
10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
We should take waht most people say with a pinch of salt....

Vajramusti
10-24-2010, 06:24 AM
We should take waht most people say with a pinch of salt....
---------------------------------------------------------------
True dat!

Chasing opinions is worse than chasing hands!!

joy chaudhuri

theo
10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
just my quick two cents. the back is not hunched or erect, it should just be natural. some people across all lineages my look slightly different as everyone's body is also different. but there shouldn't be any overemphasis on having erect or hunched posture. everything should just be natural and relaxed with the spine in its natural shape.

LoneTiger108
10-25-2010, 06:58 AM
... this is opposed to the hunched posture of YKS WC, which you will find in many soft styles.

Ah! What I like to refer to as 'Prawn Kung Fu'! :D;)

chusauli
10-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Personally, I call that "Hunchback WCK", or "Pulmonary emphesema WCK", or "S-structure WCK".

Hendrik
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
The reason I propose to use the Crane and Snake signature in both strategy and power generation as classified in the TCMA such as Baji article is to make WCK accurately describe.

Pacman
10-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally, I call that "Hunchback WCK", or "Pulmonary emphesema WCK", or "S-structure WCK".

call it what u like but when u hit the back standing like this, already almost falling backwards:

http://www.chwingchun.com.au/yip1.jpg

you'll see you have no KO power. you'll know what works and what doesn't.

LSWCTN1
10-26-2010, 03:05 AM
call it what u like but when u hit the back standing like this, already almost falling backwards:

http://www.chwingchun.com.au/yip1.jpg

BUUUUUUT....

hold on, didnt Ip Man learn everything he knew from YKS :rolleyes:

YungChun
10-26-2010, 03:28 AM

Sure if you just stood there like that... And while most would not assume that exact stance, (Yip also seems to be leaning back a bit much--not sure why--maybe because of the weights) this view misses the whole point of the horse IMO..

The power there is stored in an idealized posture in the form of potential energy via compression, stretching and loading the muscles like springs.. The joints (body springs) are all aligned to the center..

You release the power forward like suddenly releasing a compressed spring which jolts the body vectored toward the center--abruptly and powerfully like a vibration.. Same engine is seen in ChumKiuMa, a way of releasing the power is seen in the BikMa step, which need not be a step per se.. Same engine seen in YGKYM as two bilaterally symmetrical engines (leg/horse) each aligned to the center.

The more loading of the springs (more weight on the leg/qua 'spring') the more energy is stored in the muscles for release.

LoneTiger108
10-26-2010, 04:30 AM
call it what u like but when u hit the back standing like this, already almost falling backwards: you'll see you have no KO power. you'll know what works and what doesn't.

Interesting criticism.

Ip Man is actually flexing the 'bow' of YJKYM in the pic, and that particular structure is the exact opposite of what I termed 'Prawn Kung Fu!' which is more common in other arts.

In reality, ALL variations have their use, I was just sharing a joke! ;)

Hendrik
10-26-2010, 06:23 AM
Could anyone post a YKS YJKYM pic?
Thanks!

horserider
10-26-2010, 12:46 PM
What is the reason for the seeming continual attacks on Yip Man by Yuen Kai San grand
students.?

All you have to do is look at the hips to know if Yip Man had the knowledge and skill. The back position in meaningless when there is no contact imminent and when posing.

On the other hand the hunched back and crunched in chest also tells you all you need to know about a persons wing chun. If still in doubt a dummy form should l make things clear.

Pacman
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
BUUUUUUT....

hold on, didnt Ip Man learn everything he knew from YKS :rolleyes:

no, he only learned a little bit. no one ever said he was YKS' formal student, and i think thats one thing to think about. considering he made YKS' sticky hands (not just the luk sao platform) and 3 forms a part of his curriculum, yet he never learned these things in depth.

perhaps this is why so many YM practitioners on this board find sticky hands useless? just something to think about

Vajramusti
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Another pointless pseudo- thread.

joy chaudhuri

martyg
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
no, he only learned a little bit. no one ever said he was YKS' formal student, and i think thats one thing to think about.

a) What's your source, as you weren't there. b) The two were reported friends. c) Many of the wing chun people in fatshan reportedly regularly informaly exchanged.

considering he made YKS' sticky hands (not just the luk sao platform) and 3 forms a part of his curriculum, yet he never learned these things in depth.

Where on earth did you get that idea? His forms (depending on which era of his forms you're talking about) and sticky hands are chiefly an almalgam of Chan Wah Shun related material (tracking though some of Chan's other student's versions). Likewise his luk sao platform was a platform floating around Fatshan, that last I heard was attributed to one of Chan Wah Shun's students. Most of the other mainland branches used (or continue to use) the more common mainland form of rolling. Ala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gKGR08MgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cqRp-YtuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KjJVA_7Lo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7InujHDTNA

martyg
10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
a) What's your source, as you weren't there. b) The two were reported friends. c) Many of the wing chun people in fatshan reportedly regularly informaly exchanged.

Where on earth did you get that idea? His forms (depending on which era of his forms you're talking about) and sticky hands are chiefly an almalgam of Chan Wah Shun related material (tracking though some of Chan's other student's versions). Likewise his luk sao platform was a platform floating around Fatshan, that last I heard was attributed to one of Chan Wah Shun's students. Most of the other mainland branches used (or continue to use) the more common mainland form of rolling. Ala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gKGR08MgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cqRp-YtuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KjJVA_7Lo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7InujHDTNA

And I love how on Sergio's twitter page he calls this guy Sum Nung's "top student":

"Yuen kay san's Siu Nim Tau demonstrated by Dr Cheung Yung top student of Sum Nung "

Likewise, as someone who presumably comes through Dr Cheung and Sum Nung's linneage, why are you both still referring to it as YKS Wing Chun?

t_niehoff
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Where on earth did you get that idea? His forms (depending on which era of his forms you're talking about) and sticky hands are chiefly an almalgam of Chan Wah Shun related material (tracking though some of Chan's other student's versions).

Yes, if you look at Lai Yip Chi (Yip's sihing under Chan and teacher of Pan Nam) and Chan Miu Yin (Chan Wah Shun's son) and even Yip's seniors, like Ng Chung So, you see the 3 forms.

Likewise his luk sao platform was a platform floating around Fatshan, that last I heard was attributed to one of Chan Wah Shun's students. Most of the other mainland branches used (or continue to use) the more common mainland form of rolling.

The luk sao platform of chi sao was created by YKS and Sum Nung, and taught to Yip Man. You don't see it in any of the older lineages unless it was recently adopted. You should talk to Rene about his time with Sum.

t_niehoff
10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
And I love how on Sergio's twitter page he calls this guy Sum Nung's "top student":

"Yuen kay san's Siu Nim Tau demonstrated by Dr Cheung Yung top student of Sum Nung "

Likewise, as someone who presumably comes through Dr Cheung and Sum Nung's linneage, why are you both still referring to it as YKS Wing Chun?

Because Sum Nung called what he taught YKS WCK in honor of his sifu.

hunt1
10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Then why is the rolling part of the Chum Kui Yui Choi learned from NG Chung So?

t_niehoff
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Then why is the rolling part of the Chum Kui Yui Choi learned from NG Chung So?

I don't understand your question or to whom it is directed.

martyg
10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
The luk sao platform of chi sao was created by YKS and Sum Nung, and taught to Yip Man. You don't see it in any of the older lineages unless it was recently adopted. You should talk to Rene about his time with Sum.

I had at the time, and I remember discussion on the list at the time as well was that the origin of that platform was traced to one of Chan's students. I should still have it archived somewhere. Likewise we're in agreement about the mainland systems, that was my point for posting those vids.

Because Sum Nung called what he taught YKS WCK in honor of his sifu.

At first. It was then later changed by him to Sum Nung Wing Chun Kuen (http://www.wingchunkuen.com/sumnung/index.html) because he felt it more adequately described the method he taught his students since he considered it a collection of his Wing Chun experience under both Cheung Bo and Yuen Kay San). This was around '99, several years before he died. And I still remember how some of the YKS/SN guys over here and Canada (I won't name names) were quick to try and call Rene out for supposedly not respecting Sum Nung's wishes quick enough when *he's* the one who first broke the news over here in the first place. It was ridiculous politics to see them try that, and I can only think it's because some certain names were a little upset at the relationship he had with his sigung and promoting the family.

Pacman
10-27-2010, 12:05 AM

yeah exactly. informal exchange. not a formal student. someone else sarcastically said "didnt YKS teach YM everything he knows?" and i said no.

Pacman
10-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes, if you look at Lai Yip Chi (Yip's sihing under Chan and teacher of Pan Nam) and Chan Miu Yin (Chan Wah Shun's son) and even Yip's seniors, like Ng Chung So, you see the 3 forms.

we went over this in depth in the last forum. YKS was the most famous WC practitioner in Fatsan at the time. Many tried to follow his example, but if you look at Chan Wah Shun lineage they released a book in which they show 12 different openhanded forms with 108 movements. you can see the shaolin influence. the movements are very large and big, not the small and tight.

no i do not come from dr. cheung's line. i have never met him, which is why i was surprised when he, through his own independent research, professed roughly the same ideas that i had. the difference was that he said fung siu ching was probably the one who condensed his WC into the 3 forms, where as i said it was probably YKS.

Paul T England
10-27-2010, 01:12 AM
All the history is great, I love it but what is important is where we are now and how we make ourselves better.

Just because xyz created something, does not mean it can't be improved. Hmm Cars, Planes, trains, computers...do we look at the orignal creators and say my car is the best as I am Henry Ford's great grandson?

I have alway thought that YKS and Ip Man communicated a lot on wing chun and developed the Poon Sau platfoam. This does not mean they had all the answers, just a great idea that we can be thankful for. Individuals have developed chi sau since Ip Man's time I think in deifferent directions.

Paul
www.moifa.co.uk

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 04:22 AM
I had at the time, and I remember discussion on the list at the time as well was that the origin of that platform was traced to one of Chan's students. I should still have it archived somewhere. Likewise we're in agreement about the mainland systems, that was my point for posting those vids.

Well, I think you should do some rechecking re the origin of the luk sao platform, and you might just want to drop a line to Robert and Rene -- particularly Rene since he talked to Sum (who was involved in its creation).

At first. It was then later changed by him to Sum Nung Wing Chun Kuen (http://www.wingchunkuen.com/sumnung/index.html) because he felt it more adequately described the method he taught his students since he considered it a collection of his Wing Chun experience under both Cheung Bo and Yuen Kay San). This was around '99, several years before he died. And I still remember how some of the YKS/SN guys over here and Canada (I won't name names) were quick to try and call Rene out for supposedly not respecting Sum Nung's wishes quick enough when *he's* the one who first broke the news over here in the first place. It was ridiculous politics to see them try that, and I can only think it's because some certain names were a little upset at the relationship he had with his sigung and promoting the family.

Yes, so most of Sum's students (the ones who trained with him for the greater part of his life) were told they were being taught YKS WCK and continue to call it that.

The bottom line is that pacman is doing what so many have done -- and continue to do -- SELECTIVELY choosing to listen to those things that portray his own little branch/lineage as having "the real wing chun" and other branches/lineages as being in various ways inferior. And you can always find some brainwashed stooge like Cheung Yung who you can point to as as "authority" for that view.

For decades the YM-centric view dominated (as YM students went forth to make money off of the Bruce phenomena and used "history" as marketing) and people like YKS and Sum were marginalized. Now the pendulum is beginning to swing the other way.

LoneTiger108
10-27-2010, 05:18 AM
What is the reason for the seeming continual attacks on Yip Man by Yuen Kai San grand
students.?

For decades the YM-centric view dominated (as YM students went forth to make money off of the Bruce phenomena and used "history" as marketing) and people like YKS and Sum were marginalized. Now the pendulum is beginning to swing the other way.

I have to throw in my ten pence here too, as Lee Shing was also one of those humble guys who watched the entire UK market get dominated by 'other' Ip Man students, and just slipped away into his restaurant with his closest followers. His choice though, and I believe it would have been YKS and SN choice too.

If they were really that concerned, more would have been done for the Wing Chun name whilst Ip Man was still alive imho, and you have to remember that Ip Man was controlling nothing but his teaching. The committe of the Athletic Association are the true culprits of any marginalisation that occurred, so that's where any anger should be concentrated rather than at fellow brothers of WCK! ;)

This is all old hat too :rolleyes: so really has nothing to do with our future as a family.

As for the 'luksau' being created by Sum and YKS, I have yet to see the evidence that this is true. And I presume you mean (phonetically) looksau? Rotating Arm?

If you claim to be descended from the creators if this particular interactive platform, can you name the postures involved in it's basic structure?

Graham H
10-27-2010, 05:29 AM
He is wrong about so many things.

You have something in common with him then. :D

GH

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 06:00 AM
As for the 'luksau' being created by Sum and YKS, I have yet to see the evidence that this is true. And I presume you mean (phonetically) looksau? Rotating Arm?

If you claim to be descended from the creators if this particular interactive platform, can you name the postures involved in it's basic structure?

Luk sao is the chi sao platform that uses tan/fook, bong/fook. The older branches of WCK, like Gu Lao and Yik Kam, etc., use the huen platform (that YKS also retains) or a touch-and-go platform (like Pan Nam). I am not saying that the luk sao didn't exist prior to YKS (it is a part of the Gu Lao 40 point curriculum) but just not as a chi sao platform.

I don't make any claim to being of the YKS lineage. But the history of the development of the luk sao as a chi sao platform is clear -- you don't see it in any lineage prior to YKS/SN, but only see if after the YKS/SN/YM collaboration, and Sum, who was meticulous in attributing the various elements in his curriculum (like that came from Cheung Bo and this from Fok Bo Chuen and that from Fung Siu Ching) was clear as to where the luk sao platform came from.

hunt1
10-27-2010, 06:15 AM
The question is for you T or anyone else. You just stated you see the platform in YKS/SN/YM but not before.

I ask you to explain then why is the rolling clearly shown in the Chum Kui form Yui Choi learned from NG Chung So?

It is far more likeley the Luk Sao platform was introduced in some fashion at NG Chung So's school an then others went on to play with it /add to it etc. There are several 3rd party accounts of all the involved Yip,YKS, YC being at ,training learning swapping at Ng school which was at Yui Choi's Opium House.

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 06:29 AM
The question is for you T or anyone else. You just stated you see the platform in YKS/SN/YM but not before.

I ask you to explain then why is the rolling clearly shown in the Chum Kui form Yui Choi learned from NG Chung So?

It is far more likeley the Luk Sao platform was introduced in some fashion at NG Chung So's school an then others went on to play with it /add to it etc. There are several 3rd party accounts of all the involved Yip,YKS, YC being at ,training learning swapping at Ng school which was at Yui Choi's Opium House.

There is no doubt that there was much sharing in the Foshan WCK community.

Many people, like Yui Choi, in lots of lineages have adopted the luk sao platform into their curriculum (without attribution). As you point out, Ng Chung So was a contemporary to YKS and Sum Nung, and was close to Yip. YKS was in the same generation as Leung Jan, and so would have been Ng's senior -- and in Chinese culture would not have "learned" from Ng, it would be the other way round.

And, as I said, fortunately we had Sum -- who was there -- and told us how it was developed.

LSWCTN1
10-27-2010, 07:20 AM
There is no doubt that there was much sharing in the Foshan WCK community.

Many people, like Yui Choi, in lots of lineages have adopted the luk sao platform into their curriculum (without attribution). As you point out, Ng Chung So was a contemporary to YKS and Sum Nung, and was close to Yip. YKS was in the same generation as Leung Jan, and so would have been Ng's senior -- and in Chinese culture would not have "learned" from Ng, it would be the other way round.

And, as I said, fortunately we had Sum -- who was there -- and told us how it was developed.

interesting post, but YKS was at the same generation as Chan Wah Shun, not Leung Jan

hunt1
10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
T I am a bit surprised by your belief that what Sum said is true and factual.

On what evidence should we accept Sum's word as fact? Being old and being good at WC are hardly grounds to believe in some ones infallible accuracy?

Lun Kai and Kwok Fu said YKS was always trying to steal Yips dummy techniques. Aren't they just as believable as Sum? Even more so since you have 2 people telling the same story instead of one?

Leung Ting in his book printed some of Sums written account of Yip Man. It was to say the least at great odd's with Yips History even according to 3rd parties Yui Kay, who was also there and Lee Man who was there too?

You still did not explain the rolling as part of the Chum Kui of Ng. Why does is it there in a form predating YKS/SM when you say YKS/SM invented it?

On what basis do you accept Sum Nung word as gospel and while there is at least as much if not more evidence pointing in other directions?

hunt1
10-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Also you and anyone else that says YKS and Leung Jan were the same generation at the least wrong and at worst guilty of trying to reinvent history.

Depending on dates of death YKS was no more than 10 to 15 years old when Leung Jan died. Other dates of Leung Jans death would place YKS at just a couple of years old if he was born before LS death at all. In no way were they the same generation.

CFT
10-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Age doesn't necessarily equate to generations in a martial arts family sense.

If we start from the Red Boat, the likes of Leung Jan and Fung Siu Ching are the same generation, assuming their teachers are the same gen. (Wong Wah Bo, Leung Yee Tai, Dai Fa Min Kam). So that would put Chan Wah Sun and YKS in the same gen. Hence Yip Man and Sum Nung would be the same gen.

Yet Lun Gai, Kwok Fu were similar in age to Sum Nung ...

Everyone agrees that there was a lot of informal sharing, so who can really say who started what practice and with whom?

LoneTiger108
10-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Luk sao is the chi sao platform that uses tan/fook, bong/fook. The older branches of WCK, like Gu Lao and Yik Kam, etc., use the huen platform (that YKS also retains) or a touch-and-go platform (like Pan Nam). I am not saying that the luk sao didn't exist prior to YKS (it is a part of the Gu Lao 40 point curriculum) but just not as a chi sao platform.

Okay, I can see your point but have to ask; why do you think the looksau is 'part of' the chisau 'platform'?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you say again, but personally I would refer to both as being part of an 'interactive' platform as they both develop different attributes.

FWIW the tan/fook & bong/fook combination is not all that is contained in, what I know as, looksau. I asked for postures (names of two-handed postures) not the term of each hands seed. But this does help me understand where you're coming from I think. It's all good, just very different from what I know. ;)

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
interesting post, but YKS was at the same generation as Chan Wah Shun, not Leung Jan

Yes, that's right. Just a lapse. :)

LoneTiger108
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Age doesn't necessarily equate to generations in a martial arts family sense.

I know this only too well :D;)

It's up to the present generations to put all this stuff behind them though. I'm obviously a bit advocate of Mo Duk and Codes of Cinduct because that's the way I was taught. The hierarchy of elders etc.

And elder doesn't automatically know more or has trained more than a younger brother either from my experience. It's all about timing, and committment imho. Sifus tend to change what and how they teach over the years :rolleyes:

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 09:41 AM
T I am a bit surprised by your belief that what Sum said is true and factual.

On what evidence should we accept Sum's word as fact? Being old and being good at WC are hardly grounds to believe in some ones infallible accuracy?

That he was meticulous in attributing the various parts of his curriculum to where they came from (as I indicated).

Try to put this all in context. YKS was in his time, one of if not the most senior WCK practitioner in Foshan. Yip was one of the most junior WCK practitioners in Foshan (the last of CWS's students). YKS was, like Leung Jan, a well-known and respected WCK fighter.

Lun Kai and Kwok Fu said YKS was always trying to steal Yips dummy techniques. Aren't they just as believable as Sum? Even more so since you have 2 people telling the same story instead of one?

Where is this reported?

And stories like that really make no sense. The very notion of stealing someone's dummy techniques is silly and when you see the YKS dummy you will see that it has the same as Yip's dummy plus "more".

Leung Ting in his book printed some of Sums written account of Yip Man. It was to say the least at great odd's with Yips History even according to 3rd parties Yui Kay, who was also there and Lee Man who was there too?

Leung Ting's book ("Roots") is mostly nonsense and propaganda.

You still did not explain the rolling as part of the Chum Kui of Ng. Why does is it there in a form predating YKS/SM when you say YKS/SM invented it?

The "rolling" has always been a part of WCK (it occurs as a transition out of the huen sao platform naturally). It just wasn't a chi sao platform until YKS/SN created it.

And, btw, how do we know when that was incorporated into Ng's chum kiu? This was not a part of CWS's chum kiu after all.

On what basis do you accept Sum Nung word as gospel and while there is at least as much if not more evidence pointing in other directions?

Much of WCK "history" has been rewritten by Yip supporters, like Lee Man and Leung Ting, to present Yip in a much greater role than was the case.

My reasoning is as follows:

1) There is no good evidence of the luk sao platform of chi sao being used in any branch/lineage prior to the YKS/SN/YM collaboration. All the older branches of WCK, including Gu Lao which descends from Leung Jan, use either the huen sao platform or like Pan Nam -- who was taught by Yip's own senior, Lai -- the touch-and-go (not luk sao).

2) So we can say that luk sao as a chi sao platform began in the YKS/SN/YM era.

3) Luk sao as a chi sao platform is subsequently adopted into many other lineages/branches. Most often this isn't attributed. Many think it has always been a part.

4) Sum, who is very meticulous (and seemingly honest) in recording what aspects of his "system" come from where/who (Cheung Bo, Fok Bo Cheun, Fung Siu Ching) including his own modifications (like adding the "bob" in the CK form), and we know was there when this development occurred, says it was YKS that developed it.

5) In that culture, a WCK senior would not have learned from a junior, or taken drills/exercises developed by a junior. That would have been scandalous, a loss of face.

6) Yip as a junior and not having finished his training under CWS, and having continued with Ng, would have likely sought other senior and well-respected WCK practitioners to learn from. YKS was YM's "uncle" and one of the best-known, WCK fighters in Foshan (while YM was still a young pup).

7) In the culture of the time, YM's sifu in name would always be CWS (who "opened his fist") and his sihings. To publicly acknowledge that he learned from someone outside his family (YKS) would be considered inappropriate.

And I'd add that the YKS/SN curriculum is much more expansive and explicit that the YM curriculum, it much more organized, has retained more of the traditional elements (like keywords, the faat mun, etc.), has a whole training series that YM's curriculum lacks, etc. In other words, if you compare the YM and YKS curriculum side-by-side, it is clear that the YKS curriculum has much more explicit info and is better put together.

chusauli
10-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Terence,

You are starting to sound like a WCK man and not a MMA guy! LOL!

Just kidding!

t_niehoff
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Terence,

You are starting to sound like a WCK man and not a MMA guy! LOL!

Just kidding!

I don't think the two should be mutually exclusive! ;)

Hendrik
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM
You know,

Since we know the WCK uniqueness signature. We could rely on that instead of he says she says.

Could some one post a YKS pic in YJKYM or Sung Num Pic in YJKYM?
I will analysis the stuffs for you and you could test it out yourself at home and let physics and your mind and body tell you what it is.

Really, you dont need to get to China and this generation and that generation, Check the DNA and you know the answer. not to mention, those in the past generation and from China might not know what we know, no BS but we got to be scientific on these stuffs.

If one knows how to get the reference point as I have mention before, one could know what is the others doing in reference to the reference point.

once one know what is it reference to the reference point one could check the power generation signature and lock into what is it.

Pacman
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
All the history is great, I love it but what is important is where we are now and how we make ourselves better.

Just because xyz created something, does not mean it can't be improved. Hmm Cars, Planes, trains, computers...do we look at the orignal creators and say my car is the best as I am Henry Ford's great grandson?

I have alway thought that YKS and Ip Man communicated a lot on wing chun and developed the Poon Sau platfoam. This does not mean they had all the answers, just a great idea that we can be thankful for. Individuals have developed chi sau since Ip Man's time I think in deifferent directions.

Paul
www.moifa.co.uk

ur right. it doesnt matter if someone in your lineage was awesome. it only matters what you can do.

i posted this video to continue a discussion in which people talked about WC's somewhat dubious history. you can read in my initial post i didnt put down or praise anyone.

Pacman
10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
The bottom line is that pacman is doing what so many have done -- and continue to do -- SELECTIVELY choosing to listen to those things that portray his own little branch/lineage as having "the real wing chun" and other branches/lineages as being in various ways inferior. And you can always find some brainwashed stooge like Cheung Yung who you can point to as as "authority" for that view.

not really. i have responded to all points you have brought up. as usual you dodge discussion, do not rebut, and repeat things like a broken record.

i am not pushing any lineage. i dont teach. i dont make money off what people learn.

also, i have never stated that YKS is the "real wing chun". i have only pointed out the differences, showing how WC has changed through Fung Siu Ching and YKS.

If anything, i am pointing out that Fung Siu Ching, YKS, and SN's WC is the most MODERN--the opposite of what people usually say is real, original.

Pacman
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Paul
www.moifa.co.uk

ur right. it doesnt matter if someone in your lineage was awesome. it only matters what you can do.

i posted this video to continue a discussion in which people talked about WC's somewhat dubious history. you can read in my initial post i didnt put down or praise anyone.