PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Open Hand Shock Power?

Hardwork108
10-24-2010, 12:40 AM
This is a security camera video that catches a kung fu sifu who also works as a bouncer using short power on a big and aggressive trouble maker, or that is what I understood from the description and comments.

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMyI-PRXkx4&feature=related

IronFist
10-24-2010, 02:58 AM
I have no idea what was going on in that video.

TenTigers
10-24-2010, 04:30 AM
obviously not. You are simply another clueless MMA cross-training kickboxer.

"Shut that door! I'm in here!"
(my new sig)

bawang
10-24-2010, 05:39 AM
this is like a bigfoot or ufo video

Yum Cha
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Ten, I was going to say something, but with the time between frames, its impossible to be sure. Yea, if you've seen it before, you got a pretty good idea of what is going on.

But.....

Gee, what's the big deal, all he did was push the guy....:D:D

Yum Cha
10-24-2010, 12:59 PM
this is like a bigfoot or ufo video

Yea, good call.

Hardwork108
10-24-2010, 01:12 PM
As I implied in my initial post and heading, things are not that clear on the video. So, I am not sure what really happened either, but having seen and felt Mantis short power, I have no doubt that it exists, and that you don't get it by pumping iron, nor running around with your tai chi ball (Bawang).

Anyway, thank you for your honest and sometimes "insightful" contributions...

Lee Chiang Po
10-24-2010, 01:35 PM
You can't tell what is going on in that video, but I can assure that there is no open hand power in Mantis.

Violent Designs
10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Getting beat with a phoenix-eye fist should hurt right?

Hardwork108
10-24-2010, 02:08 PM
You can't tell what is going on in that video, but I can assure that there is no open hand power in Mantis.

The Chow Gar that I studied had shock power that could be delivered with or without using an open hand.

Yum Cha
10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Getting beat with a phoenix-eye fist should hurt right?

Generally speaking that's the thinking.

The skill is the cartridge - hollow point, full metal jacket, wax slug, that's up to you.

Dragonzbane76
10-25-2010, 03:46 AM
and you can see this amazing "shock" power in this vid? All i see is some bad quality video and a couple guys pushing on each other.

sanjuro_ronin
10-25-2010, 07:07 AM
He pushed the bigger guy the right way (from "down low and on up high") and since the bigger guy was standing flat footed and feet parallel, he went for a nice trip.

TenTigers
10-25-2010, 09:29 AM
The Chow Gar that I studied had shock power that could be delivered with or without using an open hand.

this statement is true. not sure about the vid however.

David Jamieson
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
hey, was that a ufo capturing big foot and taking him to another galaxy? :D

lol.

well, at least that video clears a lot of things up about... well, how crappy security cams are for one thing and it raises another question and that is: why are security cams called security cams when they consistently show NOTHING!!!

:D

Hardwork108
10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
hey, was that a ufo capturing big foot and taking him to another galaxy? :D
Actually, it was a video of Dave Ross defeating an assailant much bigger than himself, using a secret BJJ/kickboxing technique, that is only taught to closed door knuckleheads, but being the humble guy that he is, he sabotaged the footage on purpose, so as not to attract the wrong kind of meatheads, whoops sorry, I meant students, to his New York San Duh! school....:D:D:D

Hardwork108
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
this statement is true.
I truly and honestly thought that this fact was basic knowledge, even taking into account the general TCMA cluelessness of this forum.

So, I am glad that at least one person has acknowledged that once you have the shock power generation platform, then you can use any hand techniques, including by extension, elbow ones.

not sure about the vid however.

None of us are sure about the video, but it seems to have been put up by the same person who claims to have used the open hand shock power, and he is addressed as "sifu" by one of the commentaries on Youtube, so I guess everyone can make up their own minds about this.....

EarthDragon
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Actually, it was a video of Dave Ross defeating an assailant much bigger than himself, using a secret BJJ/kickboxing technique, that is only taught to closed door knuckleheads, but being the humble guy that he is, he sabotaged the footage on purpose, so as not to attract the wrong kind of meatheads, whoops sorry, I meant students, to his New York San Duh! school....

umm hes says hes a professional san da fighter remember

Hardwork108
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM

LOL!

Ross would make a great second hand car salesman, and believe me, I suggested that line of work to him in the past, but the man never listens to me...:D

TenTigers
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I truly and honestly thought that this fact was basic knowledge, even taking into account the general TCMA cluelessness of this forum.
off the record-I agree with you on this-most are clueless.

I SAID, "OFF THE RECORD!"
and I will deny ever having said this or anything else that agrees with you!

Hardwork108
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
off the record-I agree with you on this-most are clueless.

And there is more where that came from!

Even if you take relatively better known TCMA practices such as chi sao, for example, and take a look at discussions in the WC forum, you will see that most are clueless about the scope and depth of this practice (not only as related to Wing Chun, but other kung fu styles as well).;)

The same phenomenon holds true as regards other TCMA principles and practices, such as forms training and Iron Palm, together with, roots training and hard/soft Chi kung, and their relationship to "kung fu power", which is in turn fueled by Internal body unity, and etc. etc. etc.

That is why we end up having the same discussions and arguments all the time......

I SAID, "OFF THE RECORD!"
and I will deny ever having said this or anything else that agrees with you!

Not to worry, I will take your secret to my grave. ;)

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 05:54 AM

You guys and that includes Dave and KF, need to keep your personal issues to yourselves and not bring them into every thread, ok?

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 07:09 AM
You guys and that includes Dave and KF, need to keep your personal issues to yourselves and not bring them into every thread, ok?

I think the problem isn't people going off on each other so much as it is the non-moderation of the board and the bickering back and forth between armchair mma guys.

If the board was moderated, we wouldn't be where we are now.
the bickering would be deleted, the players would give a couple of "where's my..." posts and then we would all settle back into a place that has consistent rules and moderation.

for now, this is not the case, so enjoy the mudslinging and the badgering of long time practitioners by noobs who see that this place is their free for all joint for insulting people who practice kung fu.

no offense to kfm or the admins, but the moderation of this forum in particular is a total joke. there is not many who participate because of loud brash folks with agendas shooting down anyone who doesn't do what they do and not to mention all the one liner jag offs in here.

the community has gone to shyte and is now divided because there is a camp here that doesn't belong here and the camp that does belong here is consistently crapped on by the other.

so, what do you expect when it's just a bully fest in here?

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the problem isn't people going off on each other so much as it is the non-moderation of the board and the bickering back and forth between armchair mma guys.

the bickering would be deleted, the players would give a couple of "where's my..." posts and then we would all settle back into a place that has consistent rules and moderation.

for now, this is not the case, so enjoy the mudslinging and the badgering of long time practitioners by noobs who see that this place is their free for all joint for insulting people who practice kung fu.

no offense to kfm or the admins, but the moderation of this forum in particular is a total joke. there is not many who participate because of loud brash folks with agendas shooting down anyone who doesn't do what they do and not to mention all the one liner jag offs in here.

the community has gone to shyte and is now divided because there is a camp here that doesn't belong here and the camp that does belong here is consistently crapped on by the other.

You may have a valid point, at the same time, we are all adults here and, debating styles notwithstanding, all know how to be civilized.
I mean, it is too much to ask for grown men to be civil in their discussions?
To NOT bring personal issues from one thread to another?
Seriously now.

On a side note, MY southern forum is just fine.
:p

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 07:36 AM
On a side note, MY southern forum is just fine.

going down there right now and start some sh!t!:)

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 07:37 AM
going down there right now and start some sh!t!:)

Mother****er !!

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 07:39 AM

man you b!tch a lot. sure your not of the female gender? my wife doesn't even b!tch that much.

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 07:49 AM
man you b!tch a lot. sure your not of the female gender? my wife doesn't even b!tch that much.

You honestly don't expect us to believe that you have a wife do you?

Anyway, even so, your hand has no mouth, so I don't expect it says much to you while you make love to it.

and in closing, go fuk yerself.

quit b1tching about my b1tching and do your own b1tching ya effin punk. :mad:

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM

Anyway, even so, your hand has no mouth, so I don't expect it says much to you while you make love to it.

wow nice come back for the truth. :rolleyes:

seriously dude you've had your panties in a ball the last week. Sorry Dale or whom ever crushed you man "feelings". Get over it.

MysteriousPower
10-26-2010, 08:00 AM

This is funny coming from you. You are regularly being sarcastic to people calling them a$$hats and what not. Half of your posts need moderation. Your tone is one of nastiness, the kind that comes from a chick who was left at the altar when she is giving her nieces advice on men.

If they made your complaining a$$ a moderator you would be so biased this forum would suk. I like the free range of ideas as it helps us all grow. You want opposite views gone for good. Communist.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 08:02 AM
That's enough guys, don't derail the thread, take it to the off topic if you want to have at each other.

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 08:03 AM
ever since he took everyone he had on ignore back off he's had a wedge up his a$$. I think he should put them back on including myself if he's going to pi$$ and moan all the time.

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 08:04 AM
sorry done, your post came while i was writing.

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 08:08 AM
lol. well why don't you cry about it already.

i think you ladies doth protest too much.

wahhh wahhhh, finger point finger point, waaahhhh.

whatever. :rolleyes: :p

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 08:09 AM
whatever.

exactly....:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 08:11 AM
This is funny coming from you. You are regularly being sarcastic to people calling them a$$hats and what not. Half of your posts need moderation. Your tone is one of nastiness, the kind that comes from a chick who was left at the altar when she is giving her nieces advice on men.

If they made your complaining a$$ a moderator you would be so biased this forum would suk. I like the free range of ideas as it helps us all grow. You want opposite views gone for good. Communist.

I moderated this forum for 5 years ass hat.

but with the insurgence of fukwits like yourself, I left moderation mode behind and now will actively point out the trolls and d-bags with vigor and vim.

what are you gonna do about it? nothing. that's right.

you can only bug someone so much you know, then they say something.
so, If i call you a fukin jerk and an asshat, it's because you are as far as i'm concerned and i really don't care if that hurts you or your panties.

you guys are noobz. :rolleyes: and, yer hypocrites as well, especially you MP. you're a real dirtbag troll.

so whine about it already. I really don't care anymore. I've pretty much had enough of girls like you and so, I;ll say what I want and if you don't like it, too bad, go cry in your milk about it.

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 08:17 AM
exactly....:rolleyes:

as far as dale is concerned, I don't like him, probably never will and I think he's a waste of space and a jag off.

he's a little puke has been who does nothing but moan and complain about kung fu on a kung fu forum.

if anyone needs it pointed out to them what a tard they are, it's shortcake Dale.

I don't owe any of you guys anything. Not my bio, not my story, nothing.
I can put my opinion down where I feel like it and if the admin wants to remove it, that' ok by me.

If anyone doesn't like it, I really don't care. If guys can't deal with having their BS returned to them, too bad, they are sissies.

If your panties all get up in a knot about my attitude and you wanna fight about it, go stick your head up your ass and fight for air, I'm not interested in anything more than making you out to be the jerk you are.

If you don't like it, tough titty.

nurture or nature? which was it? :p

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 08:25 AM
well apparently I don't have to go any further on the bad "attitude" issue with you, you kinda spelled it out in bold what your thoughts are.

I"m still wondering why you would take those people off ignore if they pi$$ you off so much? You seemed content, or where you? Felt you had lost the battle?

anyways pis$ and moan all you like, just eats of board space, your deal though.

nature or nurture?

nature,

because it will always win. ;)

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 08:36 AM
as far as dale is concerned, I don't like him, probably never will and I think he's a waste of space and a jag off.

he's a little puke has been who does nothing but moan and complain about kung fu on a kung fu forum.

if anyone needs it pointed out to them what a tard they are, it's shortcake Dale.

So, what is the difference between Dale and Dave Ross, besides Dave's subtler marketing angle, except for the fact that one of them has never learned any kung fu from any real deal sifu and the other has never learned any kung fu, even when he was blessed with a decent master....LOL!

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 08:37 AM
So, what is the difference between Dale and Dave Ross, besides Dave's subtler marketing angle, except for the fact that one of them has never learned any kung fu from any real deal sifu and the other has never learned any kung fu, even when he was blessed with a decent master....LOL!

Dude, you're highjacking your own thread !

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 08:39 AM
well apparently I don't have to go any further on the bad "attitude" issue with you, you kinda spelled it out in bold what your thoughts are.

I"m still wondering why you would take those people off ignore if they pi$$ you off so much? You seemed content, or where you? Felt you had lost the battle?

anyways pis$ and moan all you like, just eats of board space, your deal though.

nature or nurture?

nature,

because it will always win. ;)

lol, it's not so much pi$$ing and moaning is it.

more like some kind of weird ass sparring.

anyway, I practice Kung Fu and have for years and when flakes like dale and his ilk show up and start belittling all that practice without having any real background in any of it and with a bias towards sport fighting and a poor attitude about anything else, then I don't know why it is incumbent on anyone to just not respond to that crap?

and when tards like MP pop up, ask a question of someone and then turn around and make fun of it or light of the person and their practice, then they deserve every description of ass hat, jerk wad and fuk wit tard that they get.

MP lost his credibility in his first response to me. So, he gets treated like the shyte he has presented himself to be.

I'm just fitting in around here. lol

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 08:45 AM

the difference is this:

Dale is a nobody that never did any Kung Fu of any merit, he did some nhb stuff and was involved in a group that has some respecte in some martial circles and apparently has achieved a coveted black belt in bjj.

all of this amounts to a big old "so what", but according to Dale, it's an impeccable pedigree that gives him eh right to be a complete jerk to anyone who doesn't do things the same way as he does.

dave on the other hand has more kung fu in a couple of his ass hairs than you will ever have and has been visiting both sides of teh water trough. If anyone has something to say about failings of traditional martial arts when held against more modern methods, then it is likely that Dave will actually have better insight because he has been involved in both and has considerable background in traditional as well.

so, Dave has experience with the whole coin and Dale is decidely one sided in his knowledge.

Nevertheless, both of them have more experience with reality than you have shown, so I have no idea why you get confrontational with people who can actually give you some insight. lol Even Dale can help you. ahahahaa.

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 09:36 AM
the difference is this:

Dale is a nobody that never did any Kung Fu of any merit, he did some nhb stuff and was involved in a group that has some respecte in some martial circles and apparently has achieved a coveted black belt in bjj.

all of this amounts to a big old "so what", but according to Dale, it's an impeccable pedigree that gives him eh right to be a complete jerk to anyone who doesn't do things the same way as he does.

One can make some of those same observations about you.;)

dave on the other hand has more kung fu in a couple of his ass hairs than you will ever have and has been visiting both sides of teh water trough. If anyone has something to say about failings of traditional martial arts when held against more modern methods, then it is likely that Dave will actually have better insight because he has been involved in both and has considerable background in traditional as well.
The world is full of people with "backgrounds" in TCMAs, who would not have a clue about kung fu, even if it fell on their thick skulls.

Dave's "involvement" in the TCMAs went as far as to prove that he could not make them work for him. Now he is a Kickboxing coach in New York, where I hear they are a dime a dozen. So, now we have a situation that Dave uses forums such as this one to market his kickboxing school by badmouthing (more or less in the same way, as Dale), the TCMAs. Again, the only difference is that one has not learned and understood TCMA forms, while the other has learned but NOT understood them. So, we are basically talking about dumb and dumber, speaking TCMA wise, that is, as I am sure they are both pretty good kickboxers (or at least I hope so).

so, Dave has experience with the whole coin
IMHO, Dave is a couple of "coins" short of a dollar.....;)

and Dale is decidely one sided in his knowledge.
Yet, they spew the same anti-TCMA cr@p all over the forum.....

Nevertheless, both of them have more experience with reality than you have shown, so I have no idea why you get confrontational with people who can actually give you some insight. lol Even Dale can help you. ahahahaa.

I have nothing to learn from the likes of Dale and Dave Ross, as I have no interest in studying MMA, nor Kickboxing, even if this forum happens to be full of kung fu-clueless kickboxers, who are here to sell one agenda, or another.

I will say this, your incomplete and one dimensional knowledge of kung fu, still puts you in a higher position than Dale and Dave Ross, in the TCMA food chain, but you are not qualified enough to make uninformed comments about people like me. You have no idea who I am or what I know, even if there are plenty of clues in my posts, that is, for those who have more than a passing familiarity with the various TCMA methodologies.

I also see that you are still sore from previous "discussions" we have had, when I remember that on one occasion I had to even correct your spelling of "kung fu". So, please know your place, and limit your rudeness to people of your own limited intellectual and "martial" ilk.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have your kung fu-clueless MMA practicing friend, Dragonzbane76 on ignore, so I would appreciate if you wouldn't quote his un-informed posts. Thanks again.

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't take requests to play nice or not quote anyone.

Now that you are ignoring folks, you'll have to endure reading their stuff in quotes whether applicable or not.

I have no issue with being ribbed by guys. I prefer a good natured ribbing to a bad natured rubbing.

so, putting my likeness into images with lizard headed pride paraders is actually kind of funny, but calling people down based on what they do is a drag.

dale does it to guys who like traditional, even if they aren't in it for the beats and you do it to long time practitioners who have widened their scope of play after putting in many years of practice.

I'd respect Dale more, if he afforded it to others and didn't let too much of his bias and prejudice get in the way. Why? Because i respect all martial arts and all martial artists and see them as people in society who are working just a little bit harder than people who do not undertake to regularly commit to working their physical selves.

Of course, flakes are flakes and it's not a big stretch to look at grand celestial masters who are fat and move like pregnant yaks and call it what it is.

and finally, if you're gonna say things that you know will p.o someone, then don't expect them to be all nicey nice to you even when you do say something relevant.

lol, happens ALL the time.

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 09:51 AM
PS. I have your kung fu-clueless MMA practicing friend, Dragonzbane76 on ignore, so I would appreciate if you wouldn't quote his un-informed posts. Thanks again.

awwwww... he's still butt sore....That door really hurts on the a$$....;)

lkfmdc
10-26-2010, 09:54 AM
awwwww... he's still butt sore....That door really hurts on the a$$....;)

it wasn't the door that made his butt sore :D

Dragonzbane76
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
it wasn't the door that made his butt sore

yeah, your probably right, but my imagination doesn't even want to go in the direction.

lkfmdc
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
yeah, your probably right, but my imagination doesn't even want to go in the direction.

http://www.coco-de-mer.com/Resources/1EC95011-EB17-4132-B19D-F1A4721DE3C3/Images/ProductImages/Large/SPC2995.jpg

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
So, David Jamieson, which side of the "coin" did Dave Ross's current posts reveal to you? Are you on your knees yet, bowing to his "profound" :rolleyes: TCMA "knowledge", as reflected in his posts?

One could not invent characters like the likes of you lot, one more kung fu clueless than the other, yet all of them insisting on posting in a KUNG FU FORUM....LOL!

Thanks for the laughs. LOL!

PS. Ross, you really have strange weapons in your Lama Pai style. Don't tell me that you are one of those "warriors" who sleeps with his weapon.....LOL!

bawang
10-26-2010, 10:23 AM
hardwork are you a sexy woman
pls say yes

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 11:10 AM
So, David Jamieson, which side of the "coin" did Dave Ross's current posts reveal to you? Are you on your knees yet, bowing to his "profound" :rolleyes: TCMA "knowledge", as reflected in his posts?

One could not invent characters like the likes of you lot, one more kung fu clueless than the other, yet all of them insisting on posting in a KUNG FU FORUM....LOL!

Thanks for the laughs. LOL!

PS. Ross, you really have strange weapons in your Lama Pai style. Don't tell me that you are one of those "warriors" who sleeps with his weapon.....LOL!

lol. dude, I don't know what you think, but I suspect you watch too many shaw brothers flicks and have this misplaced idea that kung fu teachers and people who are experts in kung fu should be these uptight quiet types who help everyone and see the whole world as needing dharmic saving.

Let me tell you this: That ain't the way it is. lol

You will find that people are people. Some of the most highly skilled people on the planet are quirky and weird in some aspects and perfectly lovely people in other ways.

Abrasiveness and rudeness doesn't undermine knowledge or ability.

I don't like Dale for instance, but I don't make fun of what he does. I appreciate and see the value in combat sport and taking training to levels where most might be uncomfortable. It's his presentation that I take issue with and his haranguing ways. And his blinders, did I mention the blinders?

Meanwhile, Dave and a few other guys here trained for years with Chan Tai San an actual living treasure from China as far as Kung Fu goes. Years with the guy.

That speaks volumes about what Dave and the others here who trained with CTS have or may have been exposed to.

But enough about propping Dave for your benefit. Did you know that on this forum, Me and Dave don't get along all the time either? lol Because we don't and often we will see things differently or insult each other, but at least I kind of get where he's coming from.

You? Not so much. I don't think you have much of a background in serious kung fu training, you've admitted as much, but you get all critical about guys who have light years on you because they don't fit some image you are projecting on them.

A kung fu guy doesn' have to be a buddhist monk to be good at kung fu and monks aren't always the best Kung Fu practitioners either. More often than not, most of us are exposed to Kung Fu either through the old school method or through wu shu. Nowadays, Dave and others like him are opening up the san da method of training, which in many ways is a return to origin really as far as the pugilism is concerned.

Iron_Eagle_76
10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
lol. dude, I don't know what you think, but I suspect you watch too many shaw brothers flicks and have this misplaced idea that kung fu teachers and people who are experts in kung fu should be these uptight quiet types who help everyone and see the whole world as needing dharmic saving.

You will find that people are people. Some of the most highly skilled people on the planet are quirky and weird in some aspects and perfectly lovely people in other ways.

I don't like Dale for instance, but I don't make fun of what he does. I appreciate and see the value in combat sport and taking training to levels where most might be uncomfortable. It's his presentation that I take issue with and his haranguing ways. And his blinders, did I mention the blinders?

Meanwhile, Dave and a few other guys here trained for years with Chan Tai San an actual living treasure from China as far as Kung Fu goes. Years with the guy.

That speaks volumes about what Dave and the others here who trained with CTS have or may have been exposed to.

But enough about propping Dave for your benefit. Did you know that on this forum, Me and Dave don't get along all the time either? lol Because we don't and often we will see things differently or insult each other, but at least I kind of get where he's coming from.

You? Not so much. I don't think you have much of a background in serious kung fu training, you've admitted as much, but you get all critical about guys who have light years on you because they don't fit some image you are projecting on them.

A kung fu guy doesn' have to be a buddhist monk to be good at kung fu and monks aren't always the best Kung Fu practitioners either. More often than not, most of us are exposed to Kung Fu either through the old school method or through wu shu. Nowadays, Dave and others like him are opening up the san da method of training, which in many ways is a return to origin really as far as the pugilism is concerned.

Wow, you are really on a roll today!:D

True words, and let me add this. HW, you always complain about Knifefighter, but your approach is just as nauseating as his. As a matter of fact, it's worse, because at least KF has the knowledge, background, and evidence to back up all the sh**it he talks. You remain a nameless, faceless troll who insults everyone who doesn't do "realz" Kung Fu. I wonder why I just wasted two minutes to write this, but maybe someday you will listen.:p

Frost
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM

christ is the world going mad, did jamison really just make several coherent sensible and insightfull posts........:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 12:00 PM
christ is the world going mad, did jamison really just make several coherent sensible and insightfull posts........:eek:

Yep. know what that means:
http://www.wwwilsonw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/4-Horsemen.jpg

Frost
10-26-2010, 12:01 PM

nope that will only happen when HW108 actually posts something useful :D

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 12:04 PM

why is that skeleton riding the denver airport horse bluecifer?

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Well, there are some good parts though...
http://www.2desktop.com/wallpapers/368_The_Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse_800_600.jp g

Jorge
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't know short power to really do that, I was taught and know from experience that short power drops the person. They don't fly back, to me that is more of a push. Nothing wrong with that, you can still scare the person, hurt them or just make room so you can follow up. Kung fu is big on off balancing... so all in all, kudos to the southern mantis guy!

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 06:16 PM

And let me tell you this, I surround myself with people of high moral values, who are upright characters. I guess you wouldn't understand this as you do not yourself qualify.

Agreed, but you are not highly skilled, nor knowledgable, so that only leaves the quirky and weird......

In your case it does, as you are not knowledgable and your posts do not reflect any high level ability. So, that just leaves the rudeness and abrassiveness......

I believe that you have mentioned Dale's blinders, but have said nothing about yours....

Chan Tai San, must have trained hundreds, if not thousands of students during his lifetime, so what is your point?

Dave himself has said that CTS kept a lot to himself. That might explain Dave's own career choice of becoming a kickboxing coach.....

That says more about your cluelessness than anything else.......

You? Not so much. I don't think you have much of a background in serious kung fu training,
That statement says more about your cluelessness than it does about me.....

The problem with you "half cooked" kung fu-ists is that when you come across someone who knows about methodologies that you have no idea about, you turn around and insult him, and call what he does as "fantasy", "myth" and etc. while hiding behind your punch bags.

This means that you would not recognize serious kung fu training even if it fell on your head....

you've admitted as much,
I do have background in serious kung fu training. What I have admitted to, and still do, is that I am just a kung fu student. Perhaps, there is a lesson there for you and your clueless "kung fu-ist" colleagues in this forum?

but you get all critical about guys who have light years on you because they don't fit some image you are projecting on them.
I only get critical with people who have light years of kickboxing and MMA on me, because they insist on posting here and badmouthing the TCMA methodologies which they are well and truly clueless about.

I hope that my above statement clears any misunderstanding in that regard....

A kung fu guy doesn' have to be a buddhist monk to be good at kung fu[(quote]
:confused: Who said they were?

[QUOTE=David Jamieson;1052708]and monks aren't always the best Kung Fu practitioners either.
:confused:
Who said they are?

More often than not, most of us are exposed to Kung Fu either through the old school method or through wu shu.

Most of "us"????? LOL!
You mean you have actually been exposed to actual and authentic kung fu? That is very interesting......:rolleyes:

Nowadays, Dave and others like him are opening up the san da method of training, which in many ways is a return to origin really as far as the pugilism is concerned.

Oh yes, the Chinese had nothing to do with the invention of contact kung fu fighting, nor San Da, it was Dave that invented it and promoted it to the world through his world famous New York San Duh! LOL!

You know, one day you and perhaps other people like you are going to enter a real kung fu kwoon and you are going to be very surprised, just before the sifu politely asks you to leave.........

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 06:19 PM

To use a Wing Chun terminology, what David Jamieson did was to create a "bridge" between the knucklehead world and that of his cluelessly "kung fu-esque" universe. I believe that this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship........

bawang
10-26-2010, 06:20 PM
the only terminology for wing chun is "autistic colombian with bag of cocaine up his ass"

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow, you are really on a roll today!:D
I think that he just started BJJ.......

HW, you always complain about Knifefighter, but your approach is just as nauseating as his. As a matter of fact, it's worse,
You would say that because Knifefighter, just like you, is a MMAist, and would not know real kung fu even if it fell on his head. So yes, go ahead and hold hands all you want, but the fact is that both of you ara posting your anti TCMA propaganda in a KUNG FU FORUM, and that makes you trolls, albeit clueless ones.

because at least KF has the knowledge, background, and evidence to back up all the sh**it he talks.
Yes, his knowledge , background and evidence are related to MMA and BJJ, practice while he, not unlike you, is totally clueless as regards authentic TCMA methodologies.

Nothing wrong with that either, except for the fact that both of you insist on posting your kung fu cluelessness in a TCMA forum.....

You remain a nameless, faceless troll who insults everyone who doesn't do "realz" Kung Fu.
Just because you have not seen my face, and don't know my name, does mean that you have authentic kung fu experience, and that I don't. Others here who actually practice TCMAs have recognized my knowledge. If you and your grappling buddies haven't, then that says more about your kung fu cluelessness, then it does anything about me.....

I wonder why I just wasted two minutes to write this, but maybe someday you will listen.:p

Don't hold your breath. When it comes to kung fu, I listen to my sifus, who are experts in the field of TCMAs, and not some MMA knucklehead who does not even know basic TCMA concepts.

So, be happy with what you do. Do all of your "realistic" sparring and man grappling, but limit your forum "contributions" to polite questions from those of us who actually bother to practice authentic TCMA methodologies.

Thanks in advance...:)

Lee Chiang Po
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM

I don't know what is Chow Gar. Is it Mantis?

IronWeasel
10-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Chow Gar is much like Wing Chun....but with weaker punches and fewer forms.

Lee Chiang Po
10-26-2010, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=IronWeasel;1052970]Chow Gar is much like Wing Chun....but with weaker punches and fewer forms.

Then if it is like Wing Chun it would have open hand power, but I was speaking of Mantis. It doesn't have that power.

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 06:59 PM

Chow Gar is a lineage of Southern Praying Mantis. :)

lkfmdc
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
"chow gar" is hardwork108's code word for "anal sex"

He indeed spent a lot of time receving "chow gar"

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Chow Gar is much like Wing Chun....but with weaker punches and fewer forms.

Boy, the kung fu cluelessness in this forum is getting from bad to worse.....:rolleyes:

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 07:03 PM
"chow gar" is hardwork108's code word for "anal sex"

He indeed spent a lot of time receving "chow gar"

More hard earned TCMA "knowledge" and "wisdom" from Dave Ross, from years of "study" under CTS.

Seriously Dave, if this forum was not full of kung fu-clueless MMA-ists, you and your fellow kung fu-wise, "lost in the woods", MMA friends would have been laughed out of this site, a long time ago.....

bawang
10-26-2010, 07:04 PM
your mother was clueless. thats why she didnt abort you when i didnt pull out fast enough.

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't know short power to really do that, I was taught and know from experience that short power drops the person. They don't fly back, to me that is more of a push. Nothing wrong with that, you can still scare the person, hurt them or just make room so you can follow up. Kung fu is big on off balancing... so all in all, kudos to the southern mantis guy!

Hello Jorge,

I will attempt to ignore the MMA trolls and go back to the subject matter of this thread.:)

You can use short power for strikes, as well as use them to uproot and "push" someone hard enough to hurt them, or at least make them get the "message".

I believe that the exponent in the video, may have just uprooted the guy with a short (and powerful) palm strike, hence sending him on his way.

lkfmdc
10-26-2010, 07:15 PM
your mother was clueless. thats why she didnt abort you when i didnt pull out fast enough.

she DID abort him, but he crawled away and found a computer to log onto the internet anyway

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 07:20 PM

You should have your problem seen to as soon as possible. It is common knowledge that many kickboxers, MMA-ists and their supporters suffer from premature ejaculation, so you are in "good" company......:rolleyes:

Hardwork108
10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Then if it is like Wing Chun it would have open hand power, but I was speaking of Mantis. It doesn't have that power.

Lee Chiang Po, please don't listen to these guys' "kung fu" advice. Most of their TCMA knowledge is a figment of their limited imagination, that leads them to put all sort of stuff in their forum profiles.

So, lets try and ignore the MMA trolls for now.

There are some similiarities between Wing Chun and Chow Gar, many of which are superficial.

Yes, they both emphasis "close" range fighting and are rather "upright", but their power generation mechanisms (body unity, and hardening, concepts) are very different.

Other aspects that they share including principles such as that of "sticking" and "listening", are present in other kung fu systems.

I would say that Chow Gar shares more similarities with Pak Mei/Bakmei and Dragon styles, then with Wing Chun.

TenTigers
10-26-2010, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=IronWeasel;1052970]

Don't know what Mantis you are familiar with. I train in SPM and we have palm strikes.

IronWeasel
10-26-2010, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Lee Chiang Po;1052973]

Don't know what Mantis you are familiar with. I train in SPM and we have palm strikes.

Misquoted...

Story of my life.

;)

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2010, 03:48 AM
she DID abort him, but he crawled away and found a computer to log onto the internet anyway

I LOLed....

David Jamieson
10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
hW108 - I can't even read through your posts. I get a line in and then you are off on some bent tangent of hatred...lol

any chance you can edit out the parts where you are just bagging on people and just make commentary about what is or isn't happening as far as a given tech goes or method to develop it?

please, if you wish to communicate with others, you have to meet them halfway.
also, don't be so thin skinned, it's an open forum and people are going to call you an ass hole now and then, so get used to it.

lkfmdc
10-27-2010, 07:16 AM
it's an open forum and people are going to call you an ass hole now and then, so get used to it.

Trust this man, he's been called an ass hole by most of the forum at one point or another ;)

EarthDragon
10-27-2010, 07:24 AM
holy crap what happned to this thread?

I will be right back , going to get some popcorn, wait ffor me I dont want to miss this........

Iron_Eagle_76
10-27-2010, 07:40 AM
trust this man, he's been called an ass hole by most of the forum at one point or another ;)

rotflmao!!!!

David Jamieson
10-27-2010, 07:42 AM
The correct path is never the easy one is it. :)

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2010, 07:44 AM
hW108 - I can't even read through your posts. I get a line in and then you are off on some bent tangent of hatred...lol

that's because you've read it about 99 times before. It's called copy and paste, rinse & repeat, regurgitate.

David Jamieson
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
It wouldn't be bad if he could stay on topic and make a point or two that would be worth debating.

It is apparent he can't break free of taking everything personally and therefore he is apparently unable to read, digest and counter the relevant points and instead chooses to read into what is said, take it as a personal attack and then proceed to launch a personal attack based on his perception of what is going on.

It would be nice to debate the merits of the given topic.

TenTigers
10-27-2010, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=TenTigers;1052983]

Misquoted...

Story of my life.

;)

oops! Sorry 'bout that.:o

IronWeasel
10-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Boy, the kung fu cluelessness in this forum is getting from bad to worse.....:rolleyes:

Don't make me come down there....!:mad::mad::mad:

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Trust this man, he's been called an ass hole by most of the forum at one point or another ;)

I take that as a compliment, as most of the forum are products of the Mcdojo phenomenon, as far as the TCMAs are concerned, meaning that if they liked me, it would reflect badly on my TCMA knowledge and understanding.:cool:

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
I take that as a compliment, as most of the forum are products of the Mcdojo phenomenon, as far as the TCMAs are concerned, meaning that if they liked me, it would reflect badly on my TCMA knowledge and understanding.

haha what a douchbag answer. :p

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I think that your own complexes and issues are making you see things that are not there. Otherwise, I am reflecting back yours (and others') negativity.

any chance you can edit out the parts where you are just bagging on people and just make commentary about what is or isn't happening as far as a given tech goes or method to develop it?

You find that strange when we are meant to be contributing to a given MA forum?

please, if you wish to communicate with others, you have to meet them halfway.
Which half way do you mean, the halfway to a Mcdojo, or the halfway to a glorified kickboxing gym. Please be clear!!

also, don't be so thin skinned, it's an open forum and people are going to call you an ass hole now and then, so get used to it.
It is not what I am being called that bothers me, but the TCMA cluelessness of the "who" (the kung fu-clueless kickboxers), that are throwing insults while hiding behind them, to cover their own lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject matter of this forum, which happens to be the TCMAs, which they also bad mouth.

I hope that now you understand my position better.:cool:

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The correct path is never the easy one is it. :)
You're telling me? LOL!

Hopefully, one day you will experience the correct path by yourself (I am not holding my breath, though), and you will know what I mean exactly....

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
It wouldn't be bad if he could stay on topic and make a point or two that would be worth debating.

It would be nice to debate the merits of the given topic.

I am glad you brought up the "topic", as here are some of your own "contributions" to this very topic:

hey, was that a ufo capturing big foot and taking him to another galaxy?

lol.

well, at least that video clears a lot of things up about... well, how crappy security cams are for one thing and it raises another question and that is: why are security cams called security cams when they consistently show NOTHING!!!

quit b1tching about my b1tching and do your own b1tching ya effin punk.

lol. well why don't you cry about it already.

i think you ladies doth protest too much.

wahhh wahhhh, finger point finger point, waaahhhh.

whatever.

I moderated this forum for 5 years ass hat.

but with the insurgence of fukwits like yourself, I left moderation mode behind and now will actively point out the trolls and d-bags with vigor and vim.

what are you gonna do about it? nothing. that's right.

you can only bug someone so much you know, then they say something.
so, If i call you a fukin jerk and an asshat, it's because you are as far as i'm concerned and i really don't care if that hurts you or your panties.

you guys are noobz. and, yer hypocrites as well, especially you MP. you're a real dirtbag troll.

so whine about it already. I really don't care anymore. I've pretty much had enough of girls like you and so, I;ll say what I want and if you don't like it, too bad, go cry in your milk about it.

I don't owe any of you guys anything. Not my bio, not my story, nothing.
I can put my opinion down where I feel like it and if the admin wants to remove it, that' ok by me.

If anyone doesn't like it, I really don't care. If guys can't deal with having their BS returned to them, too bad, they are sissies.

If your panties all get up in a knot about my attitude and you wanna fight about it, go stick your head up your ass and fight for air, I'm not interested in anything more than making you out to be the jerk you are.

If you don't like it, tough titty.

nurture or nature? which was it?

I don't take requests to play nice or not quote anyone.

Now that you are ignoring folks, you'll have to endure reading their stuff in quotes whether applicable or not.

I have no issue with being ribbed by guys. I prefer a good natured ribbing to a bad natured rubbing.

so, putting my likeness into images with lizard headed pride paraders is actually kind of funny, but calling people down based on what they do is a drag.

dale does it to guys who like traditional, even if they aren't in it for the beats and you do it to long time practitioners who have widened their scope of play after putting in many years of practice.

I'd respect Dale more, if he afforded it to others and didn't let too much of his bias and prejudice get in the way. Why? Because i respect all martial arts and all martial artists and see them as people in society who are working just a little bit harder than people who do not undertake to regularly commit to working their physical selves.

Of course, flakes are flakes and it's not a big stretch to look at grand celestial masters who are fat and move like pregnant yaks and call it what it is.

and finally, if you're gonna say things that you know will p.o someone, then don't expect them to be all nicey nice to you even when you do say something relevant.

lol, happens ALL the time.

...And other stuff about the supposed weakness of moderation in this forum, which is pretty IRONIC, coming from you!!!......

SHALL I GO ON, MR TROLL?????

Iron_Eagle_76
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I take that as a compliment, as most of the forum are products of the Mcdojo phenomenon, as far as the TCMAs are concerned, meaning that if they liked me, it would reflect badly on my TCMA knowledge and understanding.:cool:

Hardwork's Instructor:D

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/rowdyrick/Rex_Kwon_Do.jpg

lkfmdc
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
WARNING - this is hardwork in action and some of the worst kung fu EVER SEEN

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/kat-illac/hcaf/nluvu.gif

MasterKiller
10-27-2010, 01:48 PM
WARNING - this is hardwork in action and some of the worst kung fu EVER SEEN

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/kat-illac/hcaf/nluvu.gif

You stole my Kung Fu vs NCAA wrestling video!

David Jamieson
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Ok then, well that ends what could have been some sort of communication.
I guess my hopes were to high with this dude.

Dragonzbane76
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM

they always are with him, they always are.

when a person such as him has absolutely no social skills what do you expect.

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Ok then, well that ends what could have been some sort of communication.

First, get rid of your personal issues and complexes, then go and learn the genuine traditional kung fu. Once you have achieved these you can once again put up your hopes, in regards any communications with me.

By the way, tell your simpleton knucklehead MMA friend, Dragonzbane76, that he is on my ignore list, all I see is his name, and nothing else, popping out in every thread I am in. I bet that his "wife":rolleyes:, is jealous of the attention that he is giving me, but I guess that his personal life is his business......

I have informed him that he was on my ignore list before, but somehow, surprise, surprise, it does not seem to have sunk in with him.

Hardwork108
10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
By the way Jamieson, we are still waiting for you to make an on topic post in this thread.....LOL!

Same goes for your knucklehead MMA friends.....

Dragonzbane76
10-28-2010, 03:39 AM
By the way, tell your simpleton knucklehead MMA friend, Dragonzbane76, that he is on my ignore list, all I see is his name, and nothing else, popping out in every thread I am in. I bet that his "wife", is jealous of the attention that he is giving me, but I guess that his personal life is his business......

for someone who SO wants to ignore me, you still seem stuck. And I bet your boyfriend is seriously contemplating leaving now that your overwhelming him with all your "affection", since you stopped posting to every single thing I post, you have time.

Seriously you put me on ignore, keep it that way, don't drag my name into stuff because you think I'm posting because of you.

Dragonzbane76
10-28-2010, 03:40 AM
I have informed him that he was on my ignore list before

and believe me I"m a much better person for it.

David Jamieson
10-28-2010, 04:57 AM
By the way Jamieson, we are still waiting for you to make an on topic post in this thread.....LOL!

dude, you cherry pick my posts out of context? lol
When you want to talk, and not like a jerk, let us know.

feel free to quote that and then whine about it as seems to be your mo.

as you are incapable of moving on until you can actually do this, I'll just ignore you until then.

best regards and good luck with your issues. :)

Frost
10-28-2010, 05:23 AM

well here goes its hard to see what the f*ck is going on in that video, so how’s this post a clip of the awesomeness of the shock power in action in a real fight, that should get everyone chatting, if you cant find one just record your next sparring match and put it up for all of us to see :)

goju
10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
hell that crap was so blurry i couldnt even see the shoving people are mentioning:eek:

Sardinkahnikov
10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
im going to make all threads redundant by synthesizing 90% of all posts in this forum:

"If you disagree, you are wrong. And gay."

there, you can all log out now