PDA

View Full Version : Tea Partiers Curb Stomp Woman's Head

MasterKiller
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/22639340

Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

The incident happened Monday night in Lexington right before a debate between Paul and Democratic opponent Jack Conway.

Lauren Valle of liberal group MoveOn.org, told Louisville station WDRB she was trying to give Paul a fake award when his supporters took her to the ground.

Television footage shows Valle's blonde wig being pulled off before she's pinned to the ground. A man then puts his foot down on her head. Valle said the incident left her with "a bit of a headache."

A police watch commander said early Tuesday that she didn't know if any arrests were made.

Paul's campaign released a statement calling the altercation "incredibly unfortunate" and expressed relief that the woman was not injured.

"Violence of any kind has no place in our civil discourse and we urge supporters on all sides to be civil to one another as tensions rise heading toward this very important election," the statement said.

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

You may want to some more research on this incident before casting judgement.

If someone had tried to confront Obama in the same manner, what do you think would have happened to that person?

MasterKiller
10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
If someone had tried to confront Obama in the same manner, what do you think would have happened to that person?

I doubt the secret service would curb-stomp them in the head.

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I doubt the secret service would curb-stomp them in the head.

She wasn't "curb stomped".

She was wearing a disguise, lying about her intentions/affiliation, and tried to confront a candidate for office. She is lucky it wasn't worse.

You do know the circumstances when President Garfield was assassinated, right?

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
If I was Paul I would have those involved fired and offer to have a private meeting with the lady.

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 11:25 AM
hahahaha, hey speaking of elitist snob bastages, check out this little pile of facts in graphical form.

grass roots tea party my ass, this is big business trying to manipulate things from behind the scenes as is status quo for the scumbag set:

http://www.alternet.org/images/managed/ads_teapartyinc.jpg

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
If I was Paul I would have those involved fired and offer to have a private meeting with the lady.

He can't fire his supporters. And why meet with her? She's admitted she is a paid employee of a MoveOn.org affiliate.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 11:41 AM
He can't fire his supporters. And why meet with her? She's admitted she is a paid employee of a MoveOn.org affiliate.

I'm sorry, I assumed that she got close enough to have his security team take action, I didn't realize that she wasn't a threat at all.
That makes it worse by the way.
What doe sit say when a group of people, in a democracy, grab a woman, manhandle her and throw her down, hold her down with their feet, so she can't "bother" a public repesentative in PUBLIC ??

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
What doe sit say when a group of people, in a democracy, grab a woman, manhandle her and throw her down, hold her down with their feet, so she can't "bother" a public repesentative in PUBLIC ??

She was carrying a suspicious package. That's enough right there.

Had she been honest and said 'Hey, I work for MoveOn.org and I want to get a picture with Mr Paul', none of this would have happened. Right?

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 12:01 PM
She was carrying a suspicious package. That's enough right there.

Had she been honest and said 'Hey, I work for MoveOn.org and I want to get a picture with Mr Paul', none of this would have happened. Right?

Suspicious package?
What? a ***** in her purse?
Her Stuff bra?
Dude...

David Jamieson
10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
lol, you're not going to try and reason with him are you sanjuro?

because if you are, Ima gonna get the whole orville redenbacker factory to drop by and pull up all the lawn chairs at walmart.

then, we will commence watching you banging your head against the wall that is 1badbluebj65.

:D

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Suspicious package?
What? a ***** in her purse?
Her Stuff bra?
Dude...

Read up on the incident.

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 12:37 PM
lol, you're not going to try and reason with him are you sanjuro?

Better than asking you to explain your position by answering a simple question.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Read up on the incident.

Look, its not a bad thing to point out when people **** up and that is what happened here.
They reacted badly, they assaulted a women and they look like fools doing it.
That is the plain truth of it and if they were my supporters I'd tell them to treat people as THEY expect to be treated.
Period.

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Look, its not a bad thing to point out when people **** up and that is what happened here.
They reacted badly, they assaulted a women and they look like fools doing it.
That is the plain truth of it and if they were my supporters I'd tell them to treat people as THEY expect to be treated.
Period.

Ok.

But again, had she not acted as she did (wearing a disguise, not admitting to being a paid operative) this would never have happened. Look, I despise Obama. But if I tried to approach him in disguise pretending to be a supporter of his and carrying something suspicious, I can reasonably expect trouble. She asked for trouble, and she got it.

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
As to an assault, so far no charges have been brought.

sanjuro_ronin
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Ok.

But again, had she not acted as she did (wearing a disguise, not admitting to being a paid operative) this would never have happened. Look, I despise Obama. But if I tried to approach him in disguise pretending to be a supporter of his and carrying something suspicious, I can reasonably expect trouble. She asked for trouble, and she got it.

Ends justify the means?
Nope, sorry.

Reality_Check
10-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I find it disconcerting that 1bad65 seems to consider Juan Williams being fired by the "liberal" NPR (resulting in a $2,000,000 contract with Fox News) to be much worse than conservative men assaulting a woman (resulting in a consussion).

BJJ-Blue
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Ends justify the means?
Nope, sorry.

I didn't say that.

My position is that if she had been open and honest about her intentions, none of this would have happened in the first place.

Drake
10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
I didn't say that.

My position is that if she had been open and honest about her intentions, none of this would have happened in the first place.

She was already stopped. Stepping on her head afterwards, when she was ON THE GROUND, was malicious. You say no charges have been filed? Let's see if that remains that way. The fact that you would justify violence towards political rivals is somewhat disturbing.

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2010, 05:47 AM
I didn't say that.

Dude, irrelevant, she was NOT a threat did not look like one, the supporters over reacted, came off as bullies and should apologise.

MysteriousPower
10-27-2010, 06:27 AM

Rand Paul cannot be responsible for something some idiot who idolizes him does. He has a campaign to run and then a government to fix after he wins.

My friend was in the secrete service. He told me if someone tried to attack the President they would be surrounded and be put down quickly. Then he would be taken away and not seen for awhile.

solo1
10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
she/he lied about her/its intent. It attempted to get in Rand Pauls face and his security detail took action. If it didnt get his head kicked in then the detail used restraint. If the role was reveresed and someone tried to get that close to Ears the secret service would have rearranged his internal organs. Lesson? do not aggressively attempt to accost a political candidate. By the way the guy that threw a book at Obama, was an Obama supporter and should have been shot. I may not like Obama but he is the President and he is to be protected at all costs.

Drake
10-27-2010, 07:13 AM
she/he lied about her/its intent. It attempted to get in Rand Pauls face and his security detail took action. If it didnt get his head kicked in then the detail used restraint. If the role was reveresed and someone tried to get that close to Ears the secret service would have rearranged his internal organs. Lesson? do not aggressively attempt to accost a political candidate. By the way the guy that threw a book at Obama, was an Obama supporter and should have been shot. I may not like Obama but he is the President and he is to be protected at all costs.

If a person is already restrained, you don't proceed with more violence. Basic ROE, man. WTF?

David Jamieson
10-27-2010, 07:15 AM
If you support what was done to this person, you are a fascist pig.

Go live with yourself fascist pig and recognize and be happy with your fascist pig ways.

nobody of the right mind would support this kind of treatment.

she was restrained and the guy stepped on her head.
what needs to be made clear about how wrong that is?

If you are not a fascist pig, then you are a stupid idiot if you are unable to see that.

period.

:)

solo1
10-27-2010, 07:15 AM
shoes clashed with dress, therefore bash the head in......jeez.

sanjuro_ronin
10-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Rand Paul cannot be responsible for something some idiot who idolizes him does. He has a campaign to run and then a government to fix after he wins.

My friend was in the secrete service. He told me if someone tried to attack the President they would be surrounded and be put down quickly. Then he would be taken away and not seen for awhile.

No one tried to attack anyone.