PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Beef?

MightyB
10-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok - pure TCMA wins!!! It's God's answer to all ranges of fighting. A person who has trained the realz kung fu cannot be beaten by man, machine, animal, groups of animals, barbarian hoards, and Nazi Zombie invasions!

Your arguments have proven to me that I haven't seen the realz kung fu... but I's uh-gott's to see the realz man. I want to see it... THE WORLD DESERVES to see it. I mean - what if we're invaded by alien overlords? We need's the realz kung fu to defend ourselves!!!

Sooo - tell me, show me... there has to be at least some person of dubious character that has studied the realz in the past 100 years. Someone who's forgone the sacred oaths of humility and succumbed to that madness of ego and let their realz kung fu out of the bag. Where's that person? We wants to see him. You know - there has to be a real kung fu master out there using his super human powers for hedonistic purposes... that guy who woke up one day and looked out at his dirt/subsistence farm and thought f-ck this... "I's a gonna make me some mullah and get me a house full o ho's!!! Those BJJ/MMAers won't know what's going to 'em!"

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
where's the beef?

here! In my pants!!!!!!! :d:d:d

MightyB
10-29-2010, 09:03 AM
this person with the realz kung fu... all they'd have to do is kick a Gracie's ass on camera and they'd have an instant multi-media empire!!! They'd be h3lla rich... so why not now? and don't give me that pure kung fu isn't for ego BS because someone, somewhere, would take advantage of it if it were that easy.

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
this person with the realz kung fu... all they'd have to do is kick a Gracie's ass on camera and they'd have an instant multi-media empire!!! They'd be h3lla rich... so why not now? and don't give me that pure kung fu isn't for ego BS because someone, somewhere, would take advantage of it if it were that easy.

Anytime that you are on top you will have many who want to be the first to take you out. if you're an OG in the hood there will always be a BG that wants to take you out and claim that glory (yes on the street's its glorified to take out top ranked gang members.) Gracie's were reigning supreme but Matt Hughes proved that the MMA artist actually has given them a run for their money where others have failed.

however, for the Realz kung fu to get that type of glory it would have to be repeated more than once to prove it wasn't a fluke.

MightyB
10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Anytime that you are on top you will have many who want to be the first to take you out. if you're an OG in the hood there will always be a BG that wants to take you out and claim that glory (yes on the street's its glorified to take out top ranked gang members.) Gracie's were reigning supreme but Matt Hughes proved that the MMA artist actually has given them a run for their money where others have failed.

however, for the Realz kung fu to get that type of glory it would have to be repeated more than once to prove it wasn't a fluke.

That's my point - meaning, there should be a TCMA person out there with the capabilities to dominate the MA world if TCMA is the end-all be-all MA. That's a very lucrative position to be in financially... that alone should supersede any notion of honor or ego that's the usual excuse... at least for someone.

MightyB
10-29-2010, 09:45 AM
That's my point - meaning, there should be a TCMA person out there with the capabilities to dominate the MA world if TCMA is the end-all be-all MA. That's a very lucrative position to be in financially... that alone should supersede any notion of honor or ego that's the usual excuse... at least for someone.

Man I sound like a jerk -

I do love the idea of kung fu. I love it when I can go to my old Mantis school even though I sound like a bullshido troll on this forum.

SPJ
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM
it is a circle or tide

comes and goes, goes round and round.

karate in 1950s

judo, aikido in 1960s

kung fu in 1970s

---

mma/bjj in 1990s

all styles of MA existed long before their each popular period

so which will be the next phase or popular one?

where is the beef?

it is between the this and next popular style?

---

MightyB
10-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I think it's the notion of "Gong" and "Sau" that's messed up TCMA. Hard and Soft.

There's a saying that says that you use soft to lead the hard technique but hard technique to kill. This is a great notion and great philosophy but it's spoken and told by a master as a reflection on his lifetime.

Think of A-B-C. C is the pinnacle, but it takes A, then B, to get to C. Because we know what the pinnacle is, we fixate on C foregoing A, and B.

I think about that clip of x-treme tai chi. They are exploring A. It is rough and barbaric. But through genuinely exploring A... they'll get to B (yielding). It's the only way where they can get to the pinnacle of softness and yielding which is between B and C. C is perfection.

SPJ
10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
my point was it is all repackaging of the same stuff.

there are hard stuff in tai chi

but somehow, most people are not talking about that.

sale pitches come and go.

stand up vs ground game, grappling vs striking

so and so

--

it is all rewraping of the same gift/present/stuff.

it is like fashion

long trousers, midi, ,mini skirts

long hairs, short hairs, curly vs straight

high heel, flat sole shoes

--

what is in now at MA scene?

what is out now?

what is the next in?

hwat is beyond mma/bjj phase?

:)

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Man I sound like a jerk -

I do love the idea of kung fu. I love it when I can go to my old Mantis school even though I sound like a bullshido troll on this forum.

NO! Gung Fu people SHOULD be aware of this. We all went through some decades of peaceful times with nothing to wake TCMA up. WE ALL should be very concerned. Because in the past we had "KICKBOXING" to tell us if our stuff was any good. The playing field has changed now from stand up to ground fighting. I would venture to say HALF of MMA has a low level type of Stand Up...others have been trained in other stand up systems prior to MMA so they're hands may be pretty good.

I am one of those TCMA types that DO believe in training effectively and making sure what you training works. Those egotistical instructors who think they are impervious to ground fighting because their stand up game is sooooo good they will thwart a ground gamer with ease needs to WAKE the eff up.

David Jamieson
10-29-2010, 10:55 AM
How does Gracie stand up to a swordsman?

Lucas
10-29-2010, 10:56 AM
punchline:

they dont if their legs are missing.

OHHH badabing

Iron_Eagle_76
10-29-2010, 11:08 AM
it is a circle or tide

comes and goes, goes round and round.

karate in 1950s

judo, aikido in 1960s

kung fu in 1970s

---

mma/bjj in 1990s

all styles of MA existed long before their each popular period

so which will be the next phase or popular one?

where is the beef?

it is between the this and next popular style?

---

I think the next popular style will be jousting. We had a throwback to ancient greece and Pankration with MMA, now we need a throwback to medievel europe and jousting, only with no armor. It would be "teh deadly".:)

David Jamieson
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I think that empty hand stuff is secondary to weapons work when the weapons were really relevant, before the advent of ubiquitous firearms usage.

The military martial arts were not that heavy in the empty handed work but were more likely specialized and compartmentalized for a soldier of given rank.

Pikemen would work with their pikes to the exclusivity of all else.
Spearmen the same, swordsman, etc. Of course there is crossover and so on, but you get the idea.

Arts that were supplemental to military martial knowledge were often mixed in with them and would became part of them. These would be medical arts such as qigong, perhaps yoga and other forms of bodywork.

But pugilism in the defensive sense is unique to religious or spiritual martial arts.

Nowadays, it's not uncommon to find single schools that have an aspect of each of these. It's like a synthesis of the formerly separate forms of arts that used physical regimes for health, military skill and religious/spiritual insight.

Obviously, the military portion of the program is what is valued most these days with the medical stuff only adopted by a few and the religious/spiritual stuff all over the place.

meh, what are you gonna do? :)

Lucas
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I think the next popular style will be jousting. We had a throwback to ancient greece and Pankration with MMA, now we need a throwback to medievel europe and jousting, only with no armor. It would be "teh deadly".:)

on sport bikes.

YouKnowWho
10-29-2010, 11:22 AM
If you beat me with

- open hands, I'll come back with knife.
- knife, I'll come back with gun.
- gun, I'll sue you.

CMA is much much more than just open hands fight.

David Jamieson
10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
If you beat me with

- gun, I'll sue you.

It sure is.

The prerequisite to suing someone who is shooting at you is that you survive the shooting first. so, grenade. :p

Knifefighter
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Probably as well as the medeival swordsmen who practiced Ringen Am Schwert and killed their opponents on the ground did.

MightyB
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
what is in now at MA scene?

what is out now?

what is the next in?

hwat is beyond mma/bjj phase?

:)

I think we're in an exciting phase of MA development. I think that we're going to see a lot of productive development in the serious TMA schools.

My prediction is we'll see a de-emphasis of forms and a simplification of techniques.

We'll see serious study of internal and external strength development plus flexibility, muscular strength, and explosiveness.

A real ground game based on BJJ will be incorporated.

Weapons will be simplified too and updated... Hopefully to Stick, knife, pepper spray, and firearms (we'll have real combat veterans bringing home their experience).

In short - we'll lose everything that's lead to flowery fists and embroidery kicks. All of this thanks to MMA and Youtube.

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 12:49 PM
My prediction is we'll see a de-emphasis of forms and a simplification of techniques.

Brother, for the schools that DO take their fighting side of their system serious, forms are definitely being de-emphasized and more and more pad work, sparring, and working it out and modifying things that were iffy into something that does work better are taking place.

I know at least i have de-emphasized forms by taking out the basics and combinations in the form and putting them to work. i've found once too often students being confused on why they were doing the things they were doing. so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.

One thing i realized early on in my training is that if you don't strike ANYTHING during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker? Like the sentiments of some, there's only so much air you can strike before realizing its not the most effective way to develop your striking. you have to develop that k.o. power and ALL beginners don't have that.

So first thing i do to all new students is test their punching ability. if you can't hit harder than your two year old sister you're not going to do anything else until you do.

sanjuro_ronin
10-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Bother, for the schools that DO take their fighting side of their system serious, forms are definitely being de-emphasized and more and more pad work, sparring, and working it out and modifying things that were iffy into something that does work better are taking place.

I know at least i have de-emphasized forms by taking out the basics and combinations in the form and putting them to work. i've found once too often students being confused on why they were doing the things they were doing. so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.

One thing i realized early on in my training is that if you don't strike ANYTHING during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker? Like the sentiments of some, there's only so much air you can strike before realizing its not the most effective way to develop your striking. you have to develop that k.o. power and ALL beginners don't have that.

So first thing i do to all new students is test their punching ability. if you can't hit harder than your two year old sister you're not going to do anything else until you do.

Frank has leopard fisted the correct right in the ovaries !

MightyB
10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
so now, i give the forms to my students after they demonstrate a decent understanding and knowledge of what and why.

I betcha this is the way it was supposed to be.

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Frank has leopard fisted the correct right in the ovaries !

You know what really solidified it for me? first was seeing that most embarrassing display of Drunken Style vs Japanese Karate. I thought it would be cool before to learn drunken forms but after that display on the video i did a 180 and changed my mind on ever learning anything drunken. those guys are supposed to be deadly but couldn't kill a fly in a mid air collision with their fist.

second was seeing how HARD MMA guys strike. the power behind MMA strikes far exceeds many of those who just focus on forms in TCMA. blame alot of that on the esoteric masters who focus on the Sun, Moon, Stars and Quazars.

I NEVER WANT MY SCHOOLS NAME to be connected to those who talk big but cannot back up their words with actions. PERIOD.

sanjuro_ronin
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
You know what really solidified it for me? first was seeing that most embarrassing display of Drunken Style vs Japanese Karate. I thought it would be cool before to learn drunken forms but after that display on the video i did a 180 and changed my mind on ever learning anything drunken. those guys are supposed to be deadly but couldn't kill a fly in a mid air collision with their fist.

second was seeing how HARD MMA guys strike. the power behind MMA strikes far exceeds many of those who just focus on forms in TCMA. blame alot of that on the esoteric masters who focus on the Sun, Moon, Stars and Quazars.

I NEVER WANT MY SCHOOLS NAME to be connected to those who talk big but cannot back up their words with actions. PERIOD.

We learn, we grow, we evolve, we kick ass and bang babes with nice tits, great asses and faces like Jessica Alba !!
Its the TCMA way !!

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
We learn, we grow, we evolve, we kick ass and bang babes with nice tits, great asses and faces like Jessica Alba !!
Its the TCMA way !!

hey as long as the jus LOOK like her....not sure if the rumors are true but something about HERPES was mentioned. BUT man, is she FINNNNNNNNE!

MightyB
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
hey as long as the jus LOOK like her....not sure if the rumors are true but something about HERPES was mentioned. BUT man, is she FINNNNNNNNE!

I would risk the herpes... yes Jessica Alba is that fine.

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
How many forumers here actually use a swimming pool to practice their strikes?

MightyB
10-29-2010, 01:16 PM
How many forumers here actually use a swimming pool to practice their strikes?

Lake. When you live on a Peninsula in the middle of the Great Lakes... Lakes are easy to find.

hskwarrior
I would risk the herpes... yes Jessica Alba is that fine.

YES! and you got the HONOR of at least saying "I Got Herpes from Jessica Alba". LMFAO!!!!! :D

Shaolin
First define to me what "real kung fu" is.

Knifefighter
10-29-2010, 01:17 PM
.... if you don't strike AN ACTUAL MOVING, RESISTING OPPONENT WHO IS ALSO STRIKING YOU during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker?

Modified for correctness.

sanjuro_ronin
YES! and you got the HONOR of at least saying "I Got Herpes from Jessica Alba". LMFAO!!!!! :D

I would put it on a ****ing t-shirt and wear it every ****ing day !!

hskwarrior
Lake. When you live on a Peninsula in the middle of the Great Lakes... Lakes are easy to find

I love it the resistance water lends to your movement. i work my Sow Choy under water all the time. i think its better than bands training.

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I would put it on a ****ing t-shirt and wear it every ****ing day !!

OMFGLMAO...I ALMOST ****ed myself...that shirt would SO sell!!!!

MightyB
10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I love it the resistance water lends to your movement. i work my Sow Choy under water all the time. i think its better than bands training.

I used to practice my forms on ice in tennis shoes. Don't know why I shared that. Plus I'd practice punching while standing on an inner tube floating in the water. Very good for balance. (hint: use a real inner tube from a truck tire. The stuff designed for pools won't hold your weight... the exception being tubes that are designed to be pulled behind ski boats. They'll hold your weight).

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
.... if you don't strike AN ACTUAL MOVING, RESISTING OPPONENT WHO IS ALSO STRIKING YOU during your practice sessions for years how do you know if your strikes were effective and can stop an attacker?
Modified for correctness.

Thank you Mr. Editor. :D

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
I used to practice my forms on ice in tennis shoes. Don't know why I shared that. Plus I'd practice punching while standing on an inner tube floating in the water. Very good for balance. (hint: use a real inner tube from a truck tire. The stuff designed for pools won't hold your weight... the exception being tubes that are designed to be pulled behind ski boats. They'll hold your weight).

LOL...it's ok. I've had classmates call me during thunder storms and say let's go train out in the rain because of the wet resistance your clothes would give you. Then they'd break out the soap and wash their cars in the rain LOL.

these days i do alot of training in my garage with my students and our super is always washing the floor of garage which often leaves it pretty wet during our practice at times. if my students happen to slip they know my P.O.V. on it being "hey, out in the streets it could be wet when you get into a fight, so why not learn to deal with that in here?"

anyways very cool info bruddah :)

bawang
10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
First define to me what "real kung fu" is.

two muscular angry men punching each other and wrestling for honor and justice

hskwarrior
10-29-2010, 02:32 PM
two muscular angry men punching each other and wrestling for honor and justice

This, in addition to the right to have sex with the others wife.

Syn7
10-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Lake. When you live on a Peninsula in the middle of the Great Lakes... Lakes are easy to find.

theres a good joke in there somewheres ;)

Yum Cha
10-30-2010, 12:21 AM
If you beat me with

- gun, I'll sue you.

I like this guy....I really do....!