PDA

View Full Version : Foiled terrorist plot

MysteriousPower
10-29-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/29/obama-addresses-foiled-terrorism-plot-on-jewish-synagogues/

So those chrisian terrorists are so much worse than the Muslim terrorists? Keep dreaming in denial land.

I noticed my other thread about the republicans kicking butt this Tuesday was deleted. So much for freedom of speech. It is more like freedom of only one opinion. Masterkiller, why did you delete it? A credible reason please. Try hard to make one up.

MasterKiller
10-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Nothing was deleted. Looks like someone else merged a couple of threads, though.

Or maybe Jesus sprinkled holy-ghost dust on it.

So maybe you should try hard to make up a story about why you have that corn cob up your @ss.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 06:33 AM
A mail bomb just exploded in an embassy in Greece. Guess who sent the bomb? NOT Christian terrorists.

Drake
11-02-2010, 07:52 AM
A mail bomb just exploded in an embassy in Greece. Guess who sent the bomb? NOT Christian terrorists.

You just might want to recheck your facts on that one, buddy...

Reality_Check
11-02-2010, 07:54 AM

Nor were they apparently Muslim terrorists.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-11-02/greek-police-tackle-barrage-of-parcel-bombs-in-athens.html

Two men, aged 22 and 24, were arrested after being found with two parcel bombs addressed to the Belgian embassy in Greece and to French President Nicolas Sarkozy. The two were carrying two pistols, ammunition, wearing a bullet-proof vest and wigs.

No claim of responsibility has been received for the attacks. The 22 year-old suspect is wanted for participation in the Conspiracy of the Cells of Fire urban guerrilla group, the police statement said yesterday.

hskwarrior
11-02-2010, 08:03 AM
You just might want to recheck your facts on that one, buddy...

why? was it a lie that a few packages got to Greece and one supposedly went off?

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry, "Christian terrorists" ??

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry, "Christian terrorists" ??

He's referring to the Juan William's thread in which I posted information about Christian terrorist organizations because he and 1bad think it's ok to profile "people who identify themselves with Islam" as automatic terror suspects.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM
He's referring to the Juan William's thread in which I posted information about Christian terrorist organizations because he and 1bad think it's ok to profile "people who identify themselves with Islam" as automatic terror suspects.

Ah.
I see.
How does one go about becoming a CHRISTIAN terrorist?
Because the moment one becomes a terrorist, they can't call themselves Christians...
How do those people justify that name ?

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Ah.
I see.
How does one go about becoming a CHRISTIAN terrorist?
Because the moment one becomes a terrorist, they can't call themselves Christians...
How do those people justify that name ?

Don't be naive. People have been murdering in the name of Christ for 2,000 years.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Don't be naive. People have been murdering in the name of Christ for 2,000 years.

Word it anyway you like. Al Quada were muslim terrorists. Or you could say they were terrorists that were muslim. I never said Islam breeds terrorists. If you were President you would go after the christian terrorists while the Al Queda were bombing the heck out of us...and you would still deny that they were muslim.

It is all semantics.

Drake,

I never actually said the Greece bombings happened from muslim extremists. All I said was that they were not christian.

Lucas
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
im glad people dont do this anymore or i would be a dead man.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Which negates them being Christian, you know, that pesky little thing that Christ said in Matthew, what was it again?
Oh yeah, LOVE they enemy.
He did NOT say slaughter, kill, beat with a stick, smack with a frying pan and blow **** up !
Christianity NEVER states "conversion by force" in any of its doctrines or teachings, nor does it advocate killing.
Hence my question of how they can justify that name.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
im glad people dont do this anymore or i would be a dead man.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Indeed, the scribes of the Hebrews did have a way with blaming YHWH for pretty much anything they though of doing to each other, or their neighbours.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Which negates them being Christian, you know, that pesky little thing that Christ said in Matthew, what was it again?
Oh yeah, LOVE they enemy.
He did NOT say slaughter, kill, beat with a stick, smack with a frying pan and blow **** up !
Christianity NEVER states "conversion by force" in any of its doctrines or teachings, nor does it advocate killing.
Hence my question of how they can justify that name.

I think masterkiller was referring to The Crusades. I do not like how Christians are always trying to get you to go to church. But I guess that has more to do with the people and less with the religion.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I think masterkiller was referring to The Crusades. I do not like how Christians are always trying to get you to go to church. But I guess that has more to do with the people and less with the religion.

Discounting the stupidity of the last few cruzades, that had NOTHING to do with religion, the first was in direct response to Islamic expanisionisim of the Caliphate.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Discounting the stupidity of the last few cruzades, that had NOTHING to do with religion, the first was in direct response to Islamic expanisionisim of the Caliphate.

True true true. But do not mention Islamic expansion here because you will offend someone. Muslims never ever hurt anyone. It is funny that people will discount what happened in Cordomba, Spain when Muslims were taking over that part of Spain.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Blah Blah Crusades and Spanish Inquisition.

Beginning in the late nineteenth century, white supremacist Ku Klux Klan members in the Southern United States engaged in arson, beatings, cross burning, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping against African Americans, Jews, Catholics and other social or ethnic minorities.

The National Liberation Front of Tripura, a rebel group operating in Tripura, North-East India classified by the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism as one of the ten most active terrorist groups in the world, has been accused of forcefully converting people to Christianity.

The 2002 Soweto Bombings were a string of terrorist attacks that occurred in Soweto in South Africa's Gauteng province, in late 2002. Nine blasts took place on 30 October 2002, leaving one woman dead and her husband severely injured.
The terrorists were said to be motivated by a sense of alienation and frustration with their situation in South Africa, as well as religious beliefs similar to Christian Identity, which asserted their God-given right to rule the nation.

Christian Identity is a loosely affiliated global group of churches and individuals devoted to a racialized theology that asserts North European whites are the direct descendants of the lost tribes of Israel, God's chosen people. It has been associated with groups such as the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord.

The Christian Identity movement first received widespread attention by mainstream media in 1984, when the white nationalist organization known as The Order embarked on a murderous crime spree before being taken down by the FBI.

During the twentieth century, members of extremist groups such as the Army of God began executing attacks against abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.

Hutaree was a Christian militia group based in Adrian, Michigan. In 2010, after an FBI agent infiltrated the group, nine of its members were indicted by a federal grand jury in Detroit on charges of seditious conspiracy to use of improvised explosive devices, teaching the use of explosive materials, and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence.

A group called Concerned Christians were deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999, believing that their deaths would "lead them to heaven."

The Lord's Resistance Army, a cult guerrilla army engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government, has been accused of using child soldiers and committing numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters and sex slaves. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Christian Holy Spirit which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations.

Russian National Unity, a far right ultra-nationalist political party and paramilitary organization, advocates an increased role for the Russian Orthodox Church according to its manifesto. It has been accused of murders, and several terrorist attacks including the bombing of the US Consulate in Ekaterinburg.

Anti-Semitic Romanian Orthodox fascist movements in Romania, such as the Iron Guard and Lăncieri, were responsible for involvement in the Holocaust, Bucharest pogrom, and political murders during the 1930s.

The Orange Volunteers are a group infamous for carrying out simultaneous terrorist attacks on Catholic churches

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
You do realize that, not only do those groups NOT represent ANYTHING Christian in their doing, but secular governments and groups have killed far more than probably ALL religions combined.
Numbers is not the way to go in this argument.
Groups that claim to be something and actively demonstrate they are the opposite, should be exposed as liars and deceivers.
Not help up as examples of what they are deceiveing people to believe that they are.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Mark William Hofmann (born December 7, 1954) is an American counterfeiter, forger and convicted murderer. Widely regarded as one of the most accomplished forgers in history, Hofmann is especially noted for his creation of documents related to the history of the Latter Day Saint movement.[1] When Hofmann's schemes began to unravel, he constructed bombs to murder two people in Salt Lake City, Utah. As of 2010, he is serving a life sentence at the Utah State Prison in Draper.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
True true true. But do not mention Islamic expansion here because you will offend someone. Muslims never ever hurt anyone. It is funny that people will discount what happened in Cordomba, Spain when Muslims were taking over that part of Spain.

Muslims are well aware of their history, at least the ones I speak to.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Muslims are well aware of their history, at least the ones I speak to.

It was not the muslims I was talking about. I was referring to the liberal left of the United States.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
You do realize that, not only do those groups NOT represent ANYTHING Christian in their doing, but secular governments and groups have killed far more than probably ALL religions combined.
Numbers is not the way to go in this argument.
Groups that claim to be something and actively demonstrate they are the opposite, should be exposed as liars and deceivers.
Not help up as examples of what they are deceiveing people to believe that they are.

Good point

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 10:22 AM
You do realize that, not only do those groups NOT represent ANYTHING Christian in their doing, So says you. They beg to differ.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
It was not the muslims I was talking about. I was referring to the liberal left of the United States.

Well, the fact is that we can't call someone a muslim terroorist juts because he is a muslim and happens to be a terrorist, just like we can't call someone a "atheistic serial killer" if he kills people and is an atheist.

The issue is that Islam CAN advocate forcefull conversion and even killing the infidel, when take out of the context of the total writings of the Koran.
We have far too many people just believing what they are being told and NOT questioning their elders and THAT is THE problem in Islam.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:24 AM
So says you. They beg to differ.

Quick question, Masterkiller.

What do Muslim extremists yell before blowing themselves up?

I wonder if Christian extremists do the same...

I am sure you are ready to quote millions of paragraphs of "proof" from CNN.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes:
Well, the fact is that we can't call someone a muslim terroorist juts because he is a muslim and happens to be a terrorist, just like we can't call someone a "atheistic serial killer" if he kills people and is an atheist.

The issue is that Islam CAN advocate forcefull conversion and even killing the infidel, when take out of the context of the total writings of the Koran.
We have far too many people just believing what they are being told and NOT questioning their elders and THAT is THE problem in Islam.

Blasphemy! Stay in Canada or the left of this country will eat you alive. Good point.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
So says you. They beg to differ.

I am sure they do, but Christ begs to differ, not me.
Of course free will is a ***** and Christ warned of the false leaders that would do horrid things in His name, people can choose to listen to hate or listen to love.
Their choice, their accountability.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I am sure they do, but Christ begs to differ, not me. According to you. They beg to differ.

Of course free will is a ***** and Christ warned of the false leaders that would do horrid things in His name, people can choose to listen to hate or listen to love.
Their choice, their accountability. Free Will. Wait, it's God's plan. No, I meant Free Will.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Of course, this is the precise problem with the Christian Right movement in America as well.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
According to you. They beg to differ.

Free Will. Wait, it's God's plan. No, I meant Free Will.

" It is by your love that all will know you to be followers of Me" - Gospel of John

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

I won't mention the "forgive my brother" one because it CAN be misunderstood to apply ONLY to brothers, but within the context it is clear that it is applicable to all men.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Of course, this is the precise problem with the Christian Right movement in America as well.

100% correct, even though the bible tells them to test what they are being taught, how many do?

Drake
11-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Islam is also a religion of peace. There's a reason the extremists are so confused about what their purpose is, and how it relates to a particular CULTURE and ECONOMIC SITUATION.

However, I don't have two weeks to put naive people through a COIN academy or LDESP. I just have to accept that they are willfully ignorant and move on.

If anything, read some Galula and Nagl, and get back to me. Otherwise, you haven't a frame of reference to go. I've been down there, and I've been formally trained in counterinsurgency and Iraq and Afghanistan culture. I'm betting, with the exception of Sanjuro Ronin, the rest of you only know what the news tells you.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:47 AM
People need to be more "educated" about their chosen religion and the good and bad and ugly that goes with it.
When a preacher says it''s ok to assasinate a leader of a country, then there is a serious problem there.
When a preacher from a religion that advocates love and compassion and tolerance of ones enemies, advocates or condones torture, then you got a problem there.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Drake is quite, the Quran has far more verse about peace, love and tolerance than it has about death and violence.
One should indeed wonder why people that are supposed to be well versed in their holy book, tend to take selective passages, sometimes out of context, and use them to motivate hate and even death.
This is applicable to all religions.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Islam is also a religion of peace. There's a reason the extremists are so confused about what their purpose is, and how it relates to a particular CULTURE and ECONOMIC SITUATION.

However, I don't have two weeks to put naive people through a COIN academy or LDESP. I just have to accept that they are willfully ignorant and move on.

If anything, read some Galula and Nagl, and get back to me. Otherwise, you haven't a frame of reference to go. I've been down there, and I've been formally trained in counterinsurgency and Iraq and Afghanistan culture. I'm betting, with the exception of Sanjuro Ronin, the rest of you only know what the news tells you.

I know Islam is a religion of peace and that the extremists have perverted/misinterpreted it for their own uses. That is not the point. The point is that Islamic terrorists...are muslim and therefore it is not wrong to say muslim extremists or muslim terrorists.

Not all gays have and spread HIV like wildfire...only the ones that have unprotected sex. That does not change the fact that they are in group labeled gay.

Just because you were trained in Iraq and Afghanistan does not mean that you are not injecting your political beliefs/feelings into what you learned. Everyone ONLY has the news to go on and everyone also has differing opinions. If the government sent me to the Middle East I would go as well but until that happens I only have the news. You make it sound so negative like we are all sheep brainwashed by television.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
We are all sheep brainwashed by FOX news.

Fixed that for you.

Drake
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I know Islam is a religion of peace and that the extremists have perverted/misinterpreted it for their own uses. That is not the point. The point is that Islamic terrorists...are muslim and therefore it is not wrong to say muslim extremists or muslim terrorists.

Not all gays have and spread HIV like wildfire...only the ones that have unprotected sex. That does not change the fact that they are in group labeled gay.

Just because you were trained in Iraq and Afghanistan does not mean that you are not injecting your political beliefs/feelings into what you learned. Everyone ONLY has the news to go on and everyone also has differing opinions. If the government sent me to the Middle East I would go as well but until that happens I only have the news. You make it sound so negative like we are all sheep brainwashed by television.

Because you are. Wait for the government to send you overseas? Really? You have to volunteer for it. Sitting around waiting for the government to ask you to gooverseas, KNOWING it wil never happen, is fake patriotism. Go talk to your local recruiter, then speak to me about service.

I don't inject political beliefs because I don't have any. I'ver been through so many critical thinking courses that I analyze instead of subscribe. You could benefit from doing the same.

Drake
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Fixed that for you.

MSNBC isn't exactly an improvement.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Fixed that for you.

It is funny you think Fox news brainwashes people. Fox news is the only news station that presents the other side. CNN, MSNBC, etc are all left leaning liberal stations. You actually have more brainwashing going on than I do since you probably watch all of those stations.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
You know, you can always read a book to get your info :eek:
And if you really wanna be a rebel, read a book or two from BOTH sides of the argument !
:eek::eek::eek:

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Because you are. Wait for the government to send you overseas? Really? You have to volunteer for it. Sitting around waiting for the government to ask you to gooverseas, KNOWING it wil never happen, is fake patriotism. Go talk to your local recruiter, then speak to me about service.

I don't inject political beliefs because I don't have any. I'ver been through so many critical thinking courses that I analyze instead of subscribe. You could benefit from doing the same.

YOu do not have any political beliefs? Are you voting Republican or Democrat today just out of curiosity?

I am pretty sure you have feelings about things the government does or does not do. And I am pretty sure these feelings fall on one side or the other depending on the topic.

I work and pay taxes which pays for the military. The country would fall apart even more nobody worked and everyone joined the military. We are all connected. I did not join the military and instead took the route of education. Neither is better or worse. Luckily in America they do not make people join the military and people are free to do what they want even if it is arguing online.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
You know, you can always read a book to get your info :eek:
And if you really wanna be a rebel, read a book or two from BOTH sides of the argument !
:eek::eek::eek:

I read books on both sides a lot. The problem is that these books also have a slant to them. YOu cannot get away from opinions when trying to form your own.

Drake
11-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I read books on both sides a lot. The problem is that these books also have a slant to them. YOu cannot get away from opinions when trying to form your own.

What slant do Galula and Nagl have? Please explain.

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Everything has a slant to it.
That is why one needs to TRY to understand both sides of the picture, even if we don't agree with one of those sides.
When it comes to religion and things like that, reading works by scholars or people that actually KNOW the subject is far better than reading a book from some guy who has an opinion on Religion but his expertise is another field, people like that tend to have a very rudimentary knowledge and it tends to be bias towards what they already believe to be "fact".

Drake
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
YOu do not have any political beliefs? Are you voting Republican or Democrat today just out of curiosity?

I am pretty sure you have feelings about things the government does or does not do. And I am pretty sure these feelings fall on one side or the other depending on the topic.

I work and pay taxes which pays for the military. The country would fall apart even more nobody worked and everyone joined the military. We are all connected. I did not join the military and instead took the route of education. Neither is better or worse. Luckily in America they do not make people join the military and people are free to do what they want even if it is arguing online.

I'm not voting for either party. I do think it is healthy that there is a balance between two diametrically opposed sides. That way no single train of thought controls the country.

And wtf do you mean you chose the route of education instead? You think military folks aren't educated? I'm in my doctorate program right now, and working on my dissertation. I earned an Associates in the Arts, a Bachelors in Information Technology, and a Masters in Information Systems Engineering. How much education do you have, since clearly you chose to focus on it instead of serving your country?

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
It is funny you think Fox news brainwashes people. Fox news is the only news station that presents the other side. CNN, MSNBC, etc are all left leaning liberal stations. You actually have more brainwashing going on than I do since you probably watch all of those stations.
Doctoring photos is the "other side"?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/FNC_Controversy_Steinberg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/FNC_Controversy_Reddicliffe.png

How about manipulating video to make crowds look bigger?

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
WTF ???
What's up with that ??

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm not voting for either party. I do think it is healthy that there is a balance between two diametrically opposed sides. That way no single train of thought controls the country.

And wtf do you mean you chose the route of education instead? You think military folks aren't educated? I'm in my doctorate program right now, and working on my dissertation. I earned an Associates in the Arts, a Bachelors in Information Technology, and a Masters in Information Systems Engineering. How much education do you have, since clearly you chose to focus on it instead of serving your country?

YOu are not analyzing very well, Drake. Better take more tax funded courses. :) I did not say military personnel were not educated. You took both roads. I should have said that I ONLY chose the road of education.

See how you reacted? With your feelings that you think your critical mind has gotten rid of. Political beliefs come from feelings just like the ones you just had. Na na, caught you.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Doctoring photos is the "other side"?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/FNC_Controversy_Steinberg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/FNC_Controversy_Reddicliffe.png

How about manipulating video to make crowds look bigger?

Are you sure a left wing photoshop person, such as yourself, did not doctor the photos and then put them up that Fox was doctoring them?

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Are you sure a left wing photoshop person, such as yourself, did not doctor the photos and then put them up that Fox was doctoring them?

http://www.businessinsider.com/2008/7/fox-news-we-photoshop-you-decide

Watch the video for yourself.

Drake
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
YOu are not analyzing very well, Drake. Better take more tax funded courses. :) I did not say military personnel were not educated. You took both roads. I should have said that I ONLY chose the road of education.

See how you reacted? With your feelings that you think your critical mind has gotten rid of. Political beliefs come from feelings just like the ones you just had. Na na, caught you.

You can't imply something and then back out of it because you didn't explicitly say it. You are debating like a high schooler. And answer the question. How much education do you have?

And FYI, the taxpayers got their money back with a 7-day, 16 hour a day work week for a year in a war zone. I don't see many people lining up for that.

MysteriousPower
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
You can't imply something and then back out of it because you didn't explicitly say it. You are debating like a high schooler. And answer the question. How much education do you have?

And FYI, the taxpayers got their money back with a 7-day, 16 hour a day work week for a year in a war zone. I don't see many people lining up for that.

I did not imply anything. Stop reading into crap. I knew people in the military. One guy is getting his masters in physics.

I have a master's degree. If I want to get a doctorate eventually I can. Right now I am alright with a masters.

MasterKiller
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
More Faux News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS1NWYV1i_E&feature=related

SanHeChuan
11-02-2010, 01:25 PM
So, if a Christian commits an act of terror he can no longer be considered a Christian despite his own beliefs, even if he acts with the belief that he is doing God’s work.

But, if a Muslim commits an act of terror he is still a Muslim, and his faith is touted as a contributing factor?

How is that not hypocritical?

Drake is quite, the Quran has far more verse about peace, love and tolerance than it has about death and violence.
One should indeed wonder why people that are supposed to be well versed in their holy book, tend to take selective passages, sometimes out of context, and use them to motivate hate and even death.
This is applicable to all religions.

Lucas
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
So, if a Christian commits an act of terror he can no longer be considered a Christian despite his own beliefs, even if he acts with the belief that he is doing God’s work.

But, if a Muslim commits an act of terror he is still a Muslim, and his faith is touted as a contributing factor?

thats kind of what i am wondering. is it like one side can do it but the other cant? i would say that those 'muslim' extremists arent really muslim if they break peacful laws of their religion. they would just be extremists that spout evil stuff and call themselves musims right?

but if they stay muslim then so do any other religious people following the same method.

sanjuro_ronin
11-03-2010, 06:06 AM

I don't think I said that nor implied that, but if I did allow me to clarify.
You DO find in the Quran some passage that advocate conversion by force and it being acceptable to kill the infidel ( I don't recall them per verbatim, sorry), they are however in the vast MINORITY compared to the passages about acceptence and tolerance.
You will NOT find any passages that advocate killing or forceful conversion in the NT.
So, based on THAT POV, a Christian that advocates killing is not a christian for he has rejected one of the central tenents of his faith, whereas a muslim, it can be argued, has not.

MasterKiller
11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
I don't think I said that nor implied that, but if I did allow me to clarify.
You DO find in the Quran some passage that advocate conversion by force and it being acceptable to kill the infidel ( I don't recall them per verbatim, sorry), they are however in the vast MINORITY compared to the passages about acceptence and tolerance.
You will NOT find any passages that advocate killing or forceful conversion in the NT.
So, based on THAT POV, a Christian that advocates killing is not a christian for he has rejected one of the central tenents of his faith, whereas a muslim, it can be argued, has not.

So since the OT is chock-full of good quotes in that regard, a Jew who commits violent acts could be seen as actually embracing his faith, then?

sanjuro_ronin
11-03-2010, 06:18 AM
So since the OT is chock-full of good quotes in that regard, a Jew who commits violent acts could be seen as actually embracing his faith, then?

Indeed, one can view it as such, certainly the OT is choked full of "God" commanding horrific acts on the enemies of Israel.
In the end it would be between him and his God ( and the civil authorites of course).

MasterKiller
11-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Indeed, one can view it as such, certainly the OT is choked full of "God" commanding horrific acts on the enemies of Israel.
In the end it would be between him and his God ( and the civil authorites of course).

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Matthew 5:17)