PDA

View Full Version : If you think Fedor was exposed - think again

Ultimatewingchun
10-29-2010, 05:34 PM
He got over confident in his GnP when he fought Werdum. Don't expect that to ever happen in a possible rematch.

I believe he'd take every round decisively and win a unanimous decision (at worst). At best, he knocks Fabricio out.

Why?

Because Fedor is still the greatest fighter in the world. Don't believe that? Then refresh your memory by taking a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QoN2P90b0

Knifefighter
10-30-2010, 12:15 PM
He got over confident in his GnP when he fought Werdum. Don't expect that to ever happen in a possible rematch.

I believe he'd take every round decisively and win a unanimous decision (at worst). At best, he knocks Fabricio out.

Why?

Because Fedor is still the greatest fighter in the world. Don't believe that? Then refresh your memory by taking a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QoN2P90b0

Read your other post with the boxing analysis (only don't take it quite as specific for boxing). All fighters have weaknesses. It's only a matter time until someone comes in and exploits those weaknesses.

Ultimatewingchun
10-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Understood, but I think Fedor's weakness was in overconfidence in his GnP dominance - and not anything having to do with skill sets, conditioning, or whatever.

He's been grappling (and fighting) long enough to know the dangers of the triangle from the guard if you get sloppy or over zealous with your punching as you attack the guard player.

It seemed as though he smelled blood and a possible quick victory and got careless.

Frost
11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Understood, but I think Fedor's weakness was in overconfidence in his GnP dominance - and not anything having to do with skill sets, conditioning, or whatever.

He's been grappling (and fighting) long enough to know the dangers of the triangle from the guard if you get sloppy or over zealous with your punching as you attack the guard player.

It seemed as though he smelled blood and a possible quick victory and got careless.

he might know the dangers of the guard and the triangle but it would have been wise to bring into his camp someone with a world class guard game (WHich usually means BJJ not sambo) because having a good grappler try to traingle you is one thing, having a world class grappler do it is totally different

Violent Designs
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM
This video sends chills down my spine every time I watch it.

CHILLS.

Ultimatewingchun
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Really good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3aXmgyLvaM

viper
11-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Fokin Relentless so explosive.

Sardinkahnikov
11-27-2010, 08:09 AM
fedor is powerful russian warrior he knows the best style in the world (samba)

Syn7
11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
fedor is powerful russian warrior he knows the best style in the world (samba)

really, i always like the tango myself...

Frost
11-27-2010, 08:49 AM
really, i always like the tango myself...

**** someone beat me to it!:mad:

Syn7
11-27-2010, 08:51 AM
**** someone beat me to it!:mad:

makes me think of that ugly duckling song, "this is just another samba!!!"

Frost
11-27-2010, 08:53 AM
makes me think of that ugly duckling song, "this is just another samba!!!"

lol on a serious note its stretching it a bit to call sambo/or samba the best art in the world when its only produced one workclass fighter or champion :)

mjw
12-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm still waiting to see Fedors comeback!!!