PDA

View Full Version : I'll give you a laugh !

oldwolf
05-15-2001, 12:47 AM
My third eldest son who is fifteen and attends army cadets, brought home his lance corporal, just turned 17. He is sitting in my living room and he says Dean will be getting a parental consent form home soon, whats that for I ask, self defence classes he replies. Oh aye and who is taking them I ask ? I am he says I'm a black belt fourth dan, biting my tongue cheekd etc. I said what style is that then? 'Kenpo' he says my Dad is a master. At that point I ran up stairs and giggled uncontrollanly in the toilet, I'd seen his dad earlier. when I regained my composure I went back down and casually quizzed the lad. the bottom line is that he was genuinely convinced that he and his dad were legit........ I didn't want to hurt his feelings but I'm going up to his dads closed session club to watch...Ill keep you posted.
:D :D :D :D

"And the crowd called out for more"

rogue
05-15-2001, 05:21 AM
It's always a red flag when they use a generic term like karate, kung fu or kempo.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

JWTAYLOR
05-15-2001, 05:56 PM
Uhg, A 17 year old fourth degree black belt.

It takes most of the people in our school that many years to get their first.

I know some of the Kenpo folks there in Scottland. What is the guy's dad's name?

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

oldwolf
05-15-2001, 10:09 PM
Hi John,
Apparently I'm not allowed to visit the school, this from his son. Every thing I have is second or third hand. The 'Masters' surname is Burns, based in Kirknewton, West Lothian, Scotland, about 12 miles west of Edinburgh.
If by some chance the guy is genuine, and its just his son BSing, I would be very interested in training with him. I wait with baited breath.

"And the crowd called out for more"

joedoe
05-16-2001, 08:01 AM
I sometimes use the generic terms because I try not to advertise the fact that I train in the MAs - it tends to attract d!ckheads who want to have a go at you.

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.