PDA

View Full Version : ancient martial formulas vol. 2

teetsao
11-01-2010, 04:24 PM
the new vol. 2 "internals" now available on amazon. contains over 20 rare internal formulas. actually the internals are more rare than the externals.

http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Martial-Formulas-Health-Healing/dp/1453685022/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288653671&sr=8-1

bawang
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
lol no thanx

mooyingmantis
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Gee, I wish he would not be so shy and tell us how he really feels. :eek:

He must not know that a book like that would mostly cater to TCMA practitioners who do understand those concepts.

bawang
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM
the guy does shotokan karate

MysteriousPower
11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
There is a formula from Volume 1 called, "The Chi Conditioning fit da jow.". The caption under it reads, "this jow conditions qi/energy, it conditions the qi in the hands for explosive strikes packed with chi/energy. Legend has it that the Shaolin monks had to train for 15 years before using the formula." The monks had powerful strikes BECAUSE of the 15year training. If you gave this how to Steve Erkul, the nerdy black kid from the tv show Family Matters, he would not have exosive strikes. TCMA is suffering because of crap like this.

teetsao
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
bawang,you have no idea what is going on in the real world. you and you funny little posts are the exact same, a joke. i personally beleive you dont even study any type of martial art at all, you are just posting. there is no way some one with as many posts as you have could posibly be training. you live on the computer.

m.p., sorry you didnt like vol. 2. it contained many formulas we both have collected over the years. a chinese herbalist will easily understand the formulas. i am sorry if there were a couple typos in the book. i can easily and willingly explain anything you need to know about any of the formulas. josh at plumdragon can fill any of them for you with no problem.
if there is anythhing we can d to make it up t you let me know.
the reason it is so much smaller than the first is that internal formulas for martial training are much more rare tan external. how many internal have you seen posted on the net?? not many. we give more than an adequate amount of formulas to cover all bases for training. they have nothing to do with chi hugging.
it really doesnt matter what you beleive, we have both trained for years and where else would we have gotten the formulas??
it doesnt matter how we did the boks, somebody would comnplain about how we did it. 99% of the people who have purchased the books are more than happy and know a good value and the value f the work we did when they see it. sorry we couldnt make you happy.

teetsao
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
oh and by the way, i do not know,nor have i ever met richard tolsen he got a bad dvd, we stand behind our products so we made it right and he liked the material we put out, because no one else has it,and the ones that do wouldnt put it out.

Bruce Leroy
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
I have Purchased both books. I think they are well done, and have not had any issues understanding, or Filling any Formulas from either Book. Not sure what problems MysteriousPower has in understanding the Formulas in Vol 2? As each Formula comes with a description on purpose, as well as how much to make , as well as Dosage.
The Formulas are broken done with the ingredients readily available by either the suggested Venders in a listing in the back of the book, (and do not contain ingredients that can not be understood, or found like some of the other books on the subject mentioned by MysteriousPower) as well as contact info to the Authors themselves if any questions arise.
These Books contain a VAST amount of knowlege impossible to find and personally
im very grateful to the Authors for putting these books out!
I did not use the listed Sources, but went to my Local Herbalist, and had Zero problems filling anything.

Dale Dugas
11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
The only problem could be in with the internal formulas.

This is really something that you need to bring to a licensed herbalist or licensed acupuncturist.

Not all people can take certain formulas and you could actually harm yourself if you have no idea what you are doing.

Anyone who is interested in these formulas should contact me here on the forum or off forum via my contact information.

I am currently a Masters Degree candidate in my 3rd year of acupuncture and herbal medicine at New England School of Medicine, which just happens to be the oldest Chinese medical teaching institution in the USA.

People should never self medicate and you need to talk with people who have been taught herb drug interactions as well as knowing what these formulas actually do.

It is much better to be safe than sorry.

Let me know how I can be of service.

Dragonzbane76
11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
i think its the marketing strategy they took. The mythical shaolin after years of training was able to use???

relates to mythical dogma, one of the reasons the TCMA get a bad name. Just pointing that out to you guys.

teetsao
11-02-2010, 09:17 AM
now dale you know dam good and well all those formulas in vol 2 are safe to use as they are tonic formulas and not intended to treat specific diseases. they tonify the blood,qi and organs and are used very similar to modern day nutritional/sport supplements. there is no way you could harm yourself using any of them. it is still folk medecine and not tcm. we have used almost every one of them in vol 2 at one point or another. they are completely safe.

we never intended to market he books as "mysterious" or hyped. we presented the formulas in the book exactly as we recieved them. so if a description seemed exagerated that is the way it was given to us. no misleadin intented.

bruce leroy thank you for your supprt glad you are using your books to oyur benefit, thhis is why we put them out.

Dale Dugas
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
now dale you know dam good and well all those formulas in vol 2 are safe to use as they are tonic formulas and not intended to treat specific diseases. they tonify the blood,qi and organs and are used very similar to modern day nutritional/sport supplements. there is no way you could harm yourself using any of them. it is still folk medecine and not tcm. we have used almost every one of them in vol 2 at one point or another. they are completely safe.

we never intended to market he books as "mysterious" or hyped. we presented the formulas in the book exactly as we recieved them. so if a description seemed exagerated that is the way it was given to us. no misleadin intented.

bruce leroy thank you for your supprt glad you are using your books to oyur benefit, thhis is why we put them out.

Rod,

My posting was not meant to cause any issues.

In general when you are using Chinese herbs have to be very careful as some people have underlying health issues that even supposed tonic herbs could exacerbate. Too much ginseng can cause issues as well as too many warming herbs that can create internal heat which then leads to other issues.

I just wanted to advise people to not try and self medicate.

People in the US seem to have this idea that if certain amounts of medicine are good more is a good thing. I know you are much more educated on this subject but some people do not have this background.

Even tonic herbs can have herb drug interactions.

If people do not know, they could "possibly" cause an interaction.

More of an FYI.

the possibilities are slim, but they still exist. Just want to make sure no one goes out and causes any harm to themselves.

mooyingmantis
11-02-2010, 02:22 PM
BTW, what I posted was in response to a negative post about the book. Apparently, the original post was deleted.

I bought the first book and thought it was great. I will probably buy the second book too. Though I do not teach the "internal" arts, I think it will be good for historical reference if nothing else.

Shima Wara
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Richard,

I think you are spot on. I personally only use one or two different tonics ever, but having a historical reference is a great asset to any collection regarding tcma. Plus you never know when you might need or want to try one out after consulting an herbalist or acupuncturist. :)

Dragonzbane76
11-02-2010, 05:31 PM

not trying "put down" your book or anything although the practices put forth are not my belief, just trying to say that maybe you should look at your marketing approach more. If it was given in the context you are saying then maybe you should sit down with the persons in charge and take a different approach. Just my opinion, maybe i'm way off on this. :)

good luck.