PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Bloodbath?

MasterKiller
11-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Tea Party didn't seem to do too much damage.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Drake
11-03-2010, 06:44 AM
At least there's some balance now. Country seems to work best when nobody has absolute control.

solo1
11-03-2010, 08:32 AM
downplay what has happened to your hearts content. The die has been cast. This is the biggest turnover since the 1940s. The Obama agenda is dead and Im betting the bulk of it is overturned.

MasterKiller
11-03-2010, 09:36 AM
downplay what has happened to your hearts content. The die has been cast. This is the biggest turnover since the 1940s. The Obama agenda is dead and Im betting the bulk of it is overturned.

LOL. Good luck with that without a majority in the Senate.

GLW
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
What you will probably see....

The House already has a group that is clamoring for impeachment...no grounds...but they WILL start digging for them.

In the meantime, they will forget US govt. 101...that is that the House and Senate make bills (Legislative branch) and then send them to the President (Executive branch). The President can then sign, veto, or ignore (pocket veto). There is no real reason required of him/her for a veto...but they usually give one.

In the event of a veto, the Legislative can do an override..but they have to have the votes in both houses.

So, what these brilliant minds are going to try to convince the US of is that the President, in exercising his authority to veto legislation, will be guilty of abuse of power....that is, unless they can trump up a better reason.

They will then drag the country through another impeachment trial...and wast time and money for something that will not happen....

Instead of looking to work in a manner that will address the issues that need to be handled.

Oh yeah... I HOPE I am wrong...but I doubt it.

David Jamieson
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Here's the question, can and will republicans ever do anything at all other than harp on about how democrats are stupid and wrong?

So far, they merely don't want the POTUS to succeed in the office.

Borderline sedition half the time. lol

yeah, they're gonna get "a lot" done....not. :p

Drake
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Here's the question, can and will republicans ever do anything at all other than harp on about how democrats are stupid and wrong?

So far, they merely don't want the POTUS to succeed in the office.

Borderline sedition half the time. lol

yeah, they're gonna get "a lot" done....not. :p

Straight from the Republican website.

House Republican Economic Recovery Plan

House Republicans are proposing:

Immediate Tax Relief for Working Families:

Rather than a refundable credit based on payroll taxes, House Republicans propose reducing the lowest individual tax rates from 15% to 10% and from 10% to 5%. As a result every taxpaying-family in America will see an immediate increase in their income with an average benefit of $500 in tax relief from the drop in the 10% bracket and $1,200 for the drop in the 15% bracket. A married couple filing jointly could save up to $3,200 a year in taxes.

Help for America’s Small Businesses:

Small businesses (those employing less than 500 individuals) employ about half of all Americans, yet they can be subject to tax rates that siphon away one-third or more of their income. House Republicans propose to allow small business to take a tax deduction equal to 20% of their income. This will immediately free up funds for small businesses to retain and hire new employees.

No Tax Increases to Pay for Spending:

The stimulus proposal pending in Congress includes record levels of government spending that will substantially increase the current deficit. House Republicans are concerned that this level of spending will result in some proposing near-term tax increases on American families. House Republicans are insisting that any stimulus package include a provision precluding any tax increases now or in the future to pay for this new spending. House Republicans believe that any stimulus spending should be paid for by reducing other government spending, not raising taxes.

Assistance for the Unemployed:

Incredibly, the Federal Government actually imposes income taxes on an individual receiving unemployment benefits. House Republicans propose to make unemployment benefits tax free so that those individuals between jobs can focus on providing for their families. The plan would also extend unemployment benefits from March to December, 2009.

Stabilizing Home Values:

The real-estate market is paralyzed as potential buyers wait on the sidelines waiting for prices to fall even further. This is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. In order to encourage responsible buyers to enter the market and stabilize prices, House Republicans propose a home-buyers credit of $7,500 for those buyers who can make a minimum down-payment of 5%.

So, yes, they do much more than simply complain. Try listening to what the GOP actually has to say, not Rush Limbaugh or BJJ Blue.

Syn7
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Whatever.

Standard Operating Procedure for States and Provinces is to elect governments which are opposite the Federal government. In some Provinces, it has regularly been the case for more than 20 years.

Take Ontario, for instance: every time Canada elects a Liberal (centre-left) government, the Province of Ontario elects a Conservative (centre-right, usually) government as a balance. When the Conservatives get Federal power, Ontatio elects a Liberal Provincial government. It's almost always been the case.

How about in the States? I'm sure it's not so different down there, only maybe with a bit more hot air. ;) :D

i wouldnt call gordon cambells liberals center left??? maybe center right... you know that guy votes conservative federally... its written all over his policy...

but lucky for us, we finally pushed him out... he risigned today and we have a referendum, to decide on whether to keep hst or not, in sept 2011...

the damage is done tho... if we remove the tax and what? reinstate gst and pst? its gonna have a MAJOR price tag... at this point, its almost cheaper to just keep the stupid harmonized sales tax...

anyways, western liberals filled the conservative vacuum for awhile there, and he's on of them... now that we have more non albertan conservatism making moves out here, we should really see a genuine 3 party race with a green wildcard in the near future... honestly tho, i cant thinbk of anyone better than campbell, as much as i dislike everything about the guy... he's not dumb like some of the other choices, he's just..... i dunno.... elitist, i guess is the word... he doesnt represent me or anything i really value, outside of day to day operations...... but then who does??? im very dissapointed with municipal, provincial and federal politics...

Drake
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
More GOP plans to help with the job market.

http://republicanwhip.house.gov/jobs/plan.htm

But nobody ever sees that. They only see the shock jocks, FOX news, and the rantings of ultra-conservatives here.

Both parties are looking out for our interests, and both disagree on how it should be done. If they didn't it'd only be one party, wouldn't it?

taai gihk yahn
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
So, yes, they do much more than simply complain. Try listening to what the GOP actually has to say, not Rush Limbaugh or BJJ Blue.

Moderate Republicans are generally not unreasonable, being somewhat fiscally conservative while at the same time somewhat socially liberal; in fact, the prevailing wisdom used to be that they were less conservative than a lot of Southern Democrats; of course, all this is changing, and you are getting people running on little more than the fumes of a radicalized populist groundswell that wants to "recapture" the good ol' days of everyone living in their own log cabin and heading out to shoot a bar fer diner w their own hand-made flintlock; which is fine, except it ignores the reality of things like dwindling natural resources / loss of biodiversity and China; but seriously, it's a cluster fu(k right now - Obama will probably be a relatively lame duck for the next two years, and his brand of reasoned discourse will be shouted down from all corners by Tea Baggers and their ilk emboldened by their gains, and ya know, we will definitely be seeing a lot more of Sarah and Co. come 2012, you betcha!

that's ok, I'll move to Amsterdam, foods much better anyway...

Syn7
11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
It's hard to be centre-left in BC: the left sees you as too right, and everyone else sees you as too left. Centre-right's been a good stopgap against far-right politics so far, and the far-left had a chance and mucked it up. Everyone else needs to have a go before they'll get back in. As for the Greens, if they manage to separate themselves from the "less crazy NDP" image that they have, they stand a chance. As long as they're allowed to the debates. :p

yeah... these core fundamentals have always spoken very loud to me... im a western seperatist forsure...

we do not need anything east of sask. and thats like probono retarded cousin babysitting in a way, but we'll take em... they have some good farmland... not manitoba tho:p...

it almost ended up happening before, cant remember the name... the whole west coast down to mexico...

but even if just bc and alberta split off, we'd be one of the most wealthy countries in the world....

Drake
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Palin. :D

BJJ-Blue
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Thank you. But don't say that about me or Rush without asking, or listening, to what we actually say.

First off, neither of us has mentioned impeachment. Speaking for myself, it's ridiculous. Obama, while I fervently disagree with his policies, has done nothing to my knowledge that warrants impeachment.

What they need to do, imo, is what they promised. It's not rocket science. Just because Obama couldn't be honest during his campaign doesn't mean every politician is a liar like he is. And what they promised to vote for is extending the Bush tax cuts for ALL Americans, cutting spending, and repealling all or parts of Obamacare.

BJJ-Blue
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Tea Party didn't seem to do too much damage.

Are you blind???

The GOP won 60+ House seats, 6+ Senate seats, sent 3 Committee Chairmen packing (who had been in the House a combined 41 years), won 19 State legislatures, and 10 Governor's races. Those last 2 factors play huge in redistricting, which will be done this session.

The 60+ House seats is the biggest Party turnover in more than 70 years.

Dude, even Obama called it a "shellacking". You can't spin that one. :D

Syn7
11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
i actually find it pretty sad that your elections are basically decided by fence sitters who are easilly swayed one way or the other depending on current popular trends... you have a very divided country with a population that is mostly firmly on one side of the aisle or the other... but its these pussies that cant make up their own minds that really makes the difference... they get swept up in the whole change, new begginings, black president hype and when the world doesnt make drastic changes for the better within fifteen minutes of the acceptance speech they all chump out and jump ship... all the sudden the tea party is making sense to them... why didnt they listen 2 years ago??? coz they are morons, straight up...

personally i wouldnt support either party, i think theyre both pretty disgraceful, imo... there are some cool individuals, but few and far between and not on any particular side of that aisle...

pateticorecords
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
All politicians are liars.

People are always going to complain if their candidate didn't win.

Let's not forget how we got in this mess, but you expect for recovery to come in 2 years (with total opposition and roadblocks not because of the people but because it serves their political agenda and their party) when it took 8 years to dig the hole we are in.
As for spending, sometimes you need to spend in order to produce... ask any entrepreneur/business owner. But then again investing in what is good for the country is not as important as going to war.

pateticorecords
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
What they need to do, imo, is what they promised. It's not rocket science. Just because Obama couldn't be honest during his campaign doesn't mean every politician is a liar like he is. And what they promised to vote for is extending the Bush tax cuts for ALL Americans, cutting spending, and repealling all or parts of Obamacare.

basically back to doing nothing but stirring the same old policies that got us here anyways. Cut spending? Is not the wars in Iraq and Afganistan what are bankrupting our country? How much tax payer $$$ has it taken to do nothing but fuel the anti-american sentiment.

I am all for Tax cuts- but taxes should be equal... or you say it is fair that if make less than 200K you should be taxed at 30-38% but if you make more than 200K you are taxed 25-30%...

Sure not having health insurance when you can't afford it is not important... unless it is YOU who is in need.

Syn7
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
basically back to doing nothing but stirring the same old policies that got us here anyways. Cut spending? Is not the wars in Iraq and Afganistan what are bankrupting our country? How much tax payer $$$ has it taken to do nothing but fuel the anti-american sentiment.

I am all for Tax cuts- but taxes should be equal... or you say it is fair that if make less than 200K you should be taxed at 30-38% but if you make more than 200K you are taxed 25-30%...

Sure not having health insurance when you can't afford it is not important... unless it is YOU who is in need.

HEY!!! we dont like that common sense bullsh!t `round here|||

BJJ-Blue
11-08-2010, 08:17 AM
basically back to doing nothing but stirring the same old policies that got us here anyways.

Not this garbage again. :rolleyes:

Ok, now it's your turn to back your assertions up! Please explain what legislation President Bush signed into law that "got us here anyways". Please tell us the names of the legislation as well as how said legislation negatively affected the US economy.

Not sure what you mean here, but I also feel all Americans should be taxed equally, ie at the same rate. Of course that would mean if you earned twice as much as me, you would in turn pay twice as much income taxes as me. That sounds fair to me, but Obama wants to play the 'class warfare' card again and again.

B-Rad
11-09-2010, 01:05 PM
It could have been much much worse, but you ended up with garbage like Christine O'Donnell winning primaries. If anything, Tea Party candidates prevented the Republicans from doing more damage. Conservative (Blue Dog) democrats lost a lot of seats... why vote for a fake conservative when you can get the real thing? Democrats really shot themselves in the foot in a lot of races.

David Jamieson
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
more infighting between fakes conservatives, neo-cons, teabaggers and other assorted loons.

they will get exactly nothing done and the house is now out of the equation because only two parts need to be running stuff. Congress can in effect be left out of the picture through various measures and the democrats can continue to enjoy exercising power through the executive and the senate.

Boom, there's your bloodbath. :p

BJJ-Blue
11-09-2010, 01:32 PM
they will get exactly nothing done and the house is now out of the equation because only two parts need to be running stuff. Congress can in effect be left out of the picture through various measures and the democrats can continue to enjoy exercising power through the executive and the senate.

You have no clue how our Government works.

David Jamieson
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM
You have no clue how our Government works.

sure i don't. you'll be crying about vetoes and pocket vetoes pretty soon. I can almost guarantee it seeing as the republicans failed to get the senate and only barely got the house of reps.

dude, I know more about how your government works than you do it seems with some of the threads you drop around here. lol

You live in a dreamland of hopes for republican sugar plums hanging goodies for all the good right wingers.

the whole idea of left and right being held above "American" is your thing and that's why you fail at America.

You create and support and revel in division among your countrymen based on whatever flavour of discord you feel like whipping out today.

whatever. I know more about your country than you do and certainly more about most other countries than you do as well.

you are the very definition of the ugly American by the way. and yes, there are more of you who are popping your heads up since Bush made it ok to be a belligerent freak-o shouting rhetoric over and over again in the hopes some of it will stick.

this is how children function and it's also why they are ruled by parents. lol

BJJ-Blue
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
sure i don't. you'll be crying about vetoes and pocket vetoes pretty soon. I can almost guarantee it seeing as the republicans failed to get the senate and only barely got the house of reps.

Nope. I fully expect alot of vetoes, and that's how it works. Once we get this guy out of office in 2012, I fully expect the economic recovery to begin in earnest.

dude, I know more about how your government works than you do it seems with some of the threads you drop around here. lol

Anyone who says this:

"they will get exactly nothing done and the house is now out of the equation because only two parts need to be running stuff. Congress can in effect be left out of the picture..."

is clueless.

You live in a dreamland of hopes for republican sugar plums hanging goodies for all the good right wingers.

And you live in a land where you can mindlessly blame someone, but yet you can't even explain how it's his fault in the first place.

You create and support and revel in division among your countrymen based on whatever flavour of discord you feel like whipping out today.

No, Obama does. We want EVERYONE to get the same tax cuts, not just certain groups of Americans. We also aren't the ones calling people "enemies" based on race, Obama is.

you are the very definition of the ugly American by the way.

Thank you. And it looks like millions of "ugly Americans" had their voices heard last Tuesday.

this is how children function and it's also why they are ruled by parents. lol

At least when children blame others they can explain why they are blaming others, which is something you can't do.