PDA

View Full Version : And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

Pages : [1] 2

MasterKiller
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
http://www.shirt80.com/images/large/Thor_Hammer_Costume.jpg

The Hammer will be dropping...

Northwind
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I've noticed this in the very recent past and I'm a lovin it! :)

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.shirt80.com/images/large/Thor_Hammer_Costume.jpg

The Hammer will be dropping...

So did knifefighter really get banned or was Gene just funning us?

Northwind
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM
It sure looks like a few folks did. Surf through the various threads & look at the names of the people who usually start cr@p. It says "Banned" where their neat little tagline use to be. Looks like Lokhop got it too tho :(

MasterKiller
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
So did knifefighter really get banned or was Gene just funning us?

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5903&stc=1&d=1288925964

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
there is someone on here using the name knivefigther.......who could that be?

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Seriously? Oh sheesh....

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
So MasterKiller,

Could we get a list, just for curiosities sake, of everyone that got banned?

Also, how does that work?

Do they get a warning first? If so, how many warnings?

Are they banned permanently? If not, at what point does one get banned permanently?

Are they notified via e-mail, or do they just log in and find out they can't post?

Syn7
11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
curious..... who are all the mods involved in the discussion???

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:28 PM
And why are you able to continue to post when your tagline says "Banned"?

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
And why are you able to continue to post when your tagline says "Banned"?

I am sure he put it there himself!:D

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I am sure he put it there himself!:D

LOL I didn't think of that!

lkfmdc
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
But at this point, it's just a tired feeling

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
lol I am kinda thinking you did like Syn did...Just typed it into your own tagline.

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Do you think we can start our own society and call it "Banned of Brothers"?

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
You guys are spelling it all wrong....observe my tag line for the proper spelling!:p

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Do you think we can start our own society and call it "Banned of Brothers"?

I like the idea of making all the Banned Brothers post only amongst themselves on a thread in limbo!!

They can harass themselves to death!:D

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
LMAO
nice
Banned of the Marsh
All Men are Banned
Outlaws of the Banned
The Three Banned [brothers]
Journey to the Banned

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I like the idea of making all the Banned Brothers post only amongst themselves on a thread in limbo!!

They can harass themselves to death!

their own private little Hell.....I like that. The HellBound Banned Brothers.

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Dante's Inferno of the Banned!

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
The BANNED of the LOST. :D

or how about "THE MAKING OF THE BANNED?"

Scott R. Brown
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I would really like to know how this banning thing works though!

lkfmdc
11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I would really like to know how this banning thing works though!

All the so called "trolls" are just Gene's many personalities. When he gets back on his meds, he starts picking them off by "banning" them....

Unfortunately for you, I am usually the last to go, and usually he's back on a binge before he flips my switch and makes me disappear, that's why I've lasted this long...

But I've already said too much

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned on the Run (sung to man on the run)
It works like this: I click my heels together, shake my lil magic wand with fairy dust and ka-blam banned. Or not...I forget :P
Hell - I dunno who, besides Gene, does the banning actually.

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
maybe we can give a little BANNED AID to those who got kicked off today. MMA EGO bruise easily and kung fu man ego bruise on the inside.

Kansuke
11-04-2010, 10:51 PM
But I've already said too much

Does that mean I've already said too much?

Syn7
11-04-2010, 10:59 PM
LOL I didn't think of that!

:rolleyes:

come on now... you smokin somethin???

Syn7
11-04-2010, 11:01 PM
But at this point, it's just a tired feeling

biter.... and that goes for anyone else who does it... yall know its all me...

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm confused - KF and LHK get the Banning, but Earth Dragon, Jamieson, Hardwork and Mysterious Power don't? not saying that they should get it, but they are as much the impetus for and / or center of any given sh1t storm as the first two were; so I'm trying to understand the criteria here...is it a California thing?!?

Syn7
11-05-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm confused - KF and LHK get the Banning, but Earth Dragon, Jamieson, Hardwork and Mysterious Power don't? not saying that they should get it, but they are as much the impetus for and / or center of any given sh1t storm as the first two were; so I'm trying to understand the criteria here...is it a California thing?!?

the difference is that the latter(exept MP) are proponents of tcma and the former were not... given the fact that these people werent civilized enough to co-exist, the tcma'ers won out, this being a tcma forum and all... understandable, if gene has to take sides he has to side with those who fit the theme of the site... his consumers... makes complete sense really...

and even tho i agreed with some of what knifefighter said, the guy was a real douchebag... like we`re talking major knuckle dragging evolutionary cul-de-sac- motherfukcer... the guy was an absolute pr!ck when conversing with anyone who he didnt feel was training properly... and his stupid demands for video from everyone who presumed to actually speak or have any contrary opinion what so ever in that doughnut puncher`s presence...

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 03:10 AM
the difference is that the latter(exept MP) are proponents of tcma and the former were not... given the fact that these people werent civilized enough to co-exist, the tcma'ers won out, this being a tcma forum and all... understandable, if gene has to take sides he has to side with those who fit the theme of the site... his consumers... makes complete sense really...
well, LHK is about as TCMA as they get, so that invalidates that argument...

and even tho i agreed with some of what knifefighter said, the guy was a real douchebag... like we`re talking major knuckle dragging evolutionary cul-de-sac- motherfukcer... the guy was an absolute pr!ck when conversing with anyone who he didnt feel was training properly... and his stupid demands for video from everyone who presumed to actually speak or have any contrary opinion what so ever in that doughnut puncher`s presence...
meh, I took him w a grain of salt; his less than stellar social skills aside, he was a good source of info for various things, and he did make good points about a lot of the silliness in TCMA; but he did push a lot of people's buttons, so I'm not surprised he was dealt with accordingly;

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 03:19 AM
you start banning people for having difference of opinions and you'll see this place drop off significantly.

Syn7
11-05-2010, 04:16 AM
you start banning people for having difference of opinions and you'll see this place drop off significantly.

actually, i was under the impression it had more to do with social skills than it did with opinions... but TGY is right, it doesnt add up...

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 04:29 AM
TAAI

I'm confused - KF and LHK get the Banning, but Earth Dragon, Jamieson, Hardwork and Mysterious Power don't?

Wow Taai, you really included me in that list? I have been a upstanding contributing member on here since 1996 and always post postitve things. It wasnt until 3 certain people talked about my wife, my children, threatend me, posted my personal information on here and basically talked s h i t and constantly attacked and made rude comments to every single post I made even if i was askign someon else a direct qurestion.
Obviously you havent taken the time to really read what I type. I go out fo my way to help others and share in great discussions on here the phone and a couple times invited certain members to do demonstration at my schools.

dragonit wasnt difference of opinions, we all can have those its about respecting others opionons even if they are different than your own, instead of calling someone names belittling and degrading others to the point where evey thread they posted in got drailed and off track cut out the cancer to save the body. we are all supposed to be respectful martial artsits, not dogs in pound.

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 04:31 AM
i agree to an extent 7, Dale didn't have the best social skills, he had some good advise though and wasn't affraid to speak his mind about what was real and what wasn't.

Syn7
11-05-2010, 04:32 AM
i agree to an extent 7, Dale didn't have the best social skills, he had some good advise though and wasn't affraid to speak his mind about what was real and what wasn't.

the real tragedy is that he`s probably a really nice guy in person...

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Wow Taai, you really included me in that list? I have been a upstanding contributing member on here since 1996 and always post postitve things. It wasnt until 3 certain people talked about my wife, my children, threatend me, posted my personal information on here and basically talked s h i t and constantly attacked and made rude comments to every single post I made even if i was askign someon else a direct qurestion.
Obviously you havent taken the time to really read what I type. I go out fo my way to help others and share in great discussions on here the phone and a couple times invited certain members to do demonstration at my schools.

I think you just fell for the bait most times. It was put out there and you came running. No biggie though happens. You just have to learn that people will say anything to get a rise. Just can't fall into that trench with them.

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 04:42 AM
dragon
yes I think perhaps your right, but why bait someone to react in a negative way? that just seems like a waste of thier time, what guy gets his jollies from upsetting other people?
knifefighter was relentles, he would follow every one of my posts I would post and he would reply 1 minute later saying things that didnt even pertain to the thread, this is a sickness in my book.
He wetn as far to log onto facebook and I saw he sent me a friend request and I was OMG I got a stalker and its a guy! I knew then this dude has some mental issues.

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Just can't fall into that trench with them.

The problem is if you don't response, people may think that you ignore them. If you response, people may think that you try to argue againt them. It's very hard to draw that proper line sometime.

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 04:48 AM
that souldnt have to be drawn either way.

Eric Olson
11-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Dale gone?...I feel like a big thorn was pulled out of my ass cheek.

EO

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 04:53 AM
What bother me the most on the internet discussion is no matter how polite that you intend to treat others, some people just won't return back with the same kind of politeness. Finally you just gave up and said, "If you want to fight, let's go outside and show me how good you are." Everything will just go down hill after that.

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 04:55 AM
YKW
"If you want to fight, let's go outside." Everything will go down hill after that
trouble is they would never come up from thier parents basement long enough.

PS I hear you eric, hallaluia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonzbane76
knifefighter was relentles, he would follow every one of my posts I would post and he would reply 1 minute later saying things that didnt even pertain to the thread, this is a sickness in my book.
He wetn as far to log onto facebook and I saw he sent me a friend request and I was OMG I got a stalker and its a guy! I knew then this dude has some mental issues.

like i said not the best of social skills for sure. I agreed with a lot of what he said, but not how he approached certain things.

a general rule of thumb, if your not sure don't answer. If you answer give yourself room to move. ;)

Iron_Eagle_76
What bother me the most on the internet discussion is no matter how polite that you intend to treat others, some people just won't return back with your politeness. Finally you just gave up and said, "If you want to fight, let's go outside." Everything will go down hill after that.

This is true. Honestly I believe anything that turns into an internet challenge fight should be what gets someone banned, we have all seen how that turns out.:rolleyes:

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 04:57 AM
What bother me the most on the internet discussion is no matter how polite that you intend to treat others, some people just won't return back with the same kind of politeness. Finally you just gave up and said, "If you want to fight, let's go outside and show me how good you are." Everything will just go down hill after that.

you have to understand the medium first. On here there is no body language, tone of voice, or physical representation so you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. Do not get EMOTIONALy involved.

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Lok. was always challenging anything and everyone if there opinion differed. Don't know if that's why he got the hammer or not, think it was something about insulting gene or something.

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 05:10 AM
A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

Maybe someone can help me to find a good answer for it.

Drake
11-05-2010, 05:11 AM
I trhink one thing we have have to realize is that this isn't a place to tout freedom of speech. It is a forum owned and maintained by a business, and therefore, that business has the absolute right to do what it feels is best for itself.

You have the right to say what you want on your own website, and you can say what you want in many, many forms. However, remember that in the end, KFM is in this to make money, and a forum gone wild will not bring in much $$.

Needless to say, I'll likely be banned before the week is out. :D

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 05:23 AM
good poiunt drake, it should be treated like a business, as well by its members, not a playground.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
FYI, I do NOT agree on banning anyone outside of PERSONAL harrasment and constant derailing of thread for personal reasons.
Which means that MANY here would be banned.
I just logged in this morning and got the PM from Gene asking me who I though should be banned.
My reply was " Now, that is a dangerous question, LMAO".
Fact is, different posters have different posting styles and some people have a very low BS meter and that cause friction.
I recall not too long ago I spoke over the phone about KF to Marc Denny, One of the founder of the Dog Brothers.
I mentioned that I was getting complaints about him on another forum that I moderate.
I go on the DBMA forum whenever I feel a need for "hitting people with sticks discussions".
He said that he knows Dale personally and that he is indeed a very nice guy but uncompromising and that his "attitude" is something typical of BJJ guys with their "show me" outlook on MA.
I agreed.
He did say something that struck home though:
When did people become so insecure in their MA training that the feel PERSONALLY threaten when someone says "show me" or "prove it"?

Drake
11-05-2010, 05:53 AM
FYI, I do NOT agree on banning anyone outside of PERSONAL harrasment and constant derailing of thread for personal reasons.
I just logged in this morning and got the PM from Gene asking me who I though should be banned.
Fact is, different posters have different posting styles and some people have a very low BS meter and that cause friction.
I recall not too long ago I spoke over the phone about KF to Marc Denny, One of the founder of the Dog Brothers.
I mentioned that I was getting complaints about him on another forum that I moderate.
I go on the DBMA forum whenever I feel a need for "hitting people with sticks discussions".
He said that he knows Dale personally and that he is indeed a very nice guy but uncompromising and that his "attitude" is something typical of BJJ guys with their "show me" outlook on MA.
I agreed.
When did people become so insecure in their MA training that the feel PERSONALLY threaten when someone says "show me" or "prove it"?

Because nobody here is obligated to provide anyone here video streams of training just to make a point on an internet forum. This is one of those places where you just have to deal with the fact that you'll never know who "SuperSecretNinjaKilla120" is or if what he teaches is any good.

It's my opinion that most of these "fighters" are wasting their time preparing for some street war they'll never see. Most people get shot during these types of confrontations anyway. When was the last time you walked outside and saw people on the ground grappling with each other? My last enemy had an AK-47, with weapon of choice being rockets and mortars. In Colorado, my most dangerous enemy is how people drive.

So, instead of asking everyone and their mother to get on youtube and post video, we really to conduct a reality check. Nobody owes you video. That crap gets obnoxious after a while. If what you are doing brings you happiness and a better understanding of yourself, who the HELL has the right to tell you you've done wrong. There's more to KF than simply finding the most efficient way of ripping someone's throat out... because the reality is that nobody really has to do that these days. Buy a gun if you want personal safety.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Because nobody here is obligated to provide anyone here video streams of training just to make a point on an internet forum. This is one of those places where you just have to deal with the fact that you'll never know who "SuperSecretNinjaKilla120" is or if what he teaches is any good.

It's my opinion that most of these "fighters" are wasting their time preparing for some street war they'll never see. Most people get shot during these types of confrontations anyway. When was the last time you walked outside and saw people on the ground grappling with each other? My last enemy had an AK-47, with weapon of choice being rockets and mortars. In Colorado, my most dangerous enemy is how people drive.

So, instead of asking everyone and their mother to get on youtube and post video, we really to conduct a reality check. Nobody owes you video. That crap gets obnoxious after a while. If what you are doing brings you happiness and a better understanding of yourself, who the HELL has the right to tell you you've done wrong. There's more to KF than simply finding the most efficient way of ripping someone's throat out... because the reality is that nobody really has to do that these days. Buy a gun if you want personal safety.

So, basically, make any comment you want, any statement you want and no need to prove anything of it?
Ah yes, all this is wrong and that made TCMA get stuck in the crap hole that it found itself in.
I couldn't care less WHY anyone does anything they do.
I do, however, care when someone make sa statement that CAN be proven to be either correct or false and somehow has 1001 excuse NOT to prove it.
**** dude, is this what we have become??

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:07 AM
the real tragedy is that he`s probably a really nice guy in person...

If your behavior is continuously inappropriate/discourteous, that is, as a habit, in an anonymous environment, THAT is the REAL you. Not the person you show others when you are in their presence! And he demonstrates it with nearly every post.

This is because there is a greater opportunity for social censure when you interact with others in person.

A thug streetfighter will have good information about fighting, that doesn't mean he is a nice person or that you would want to spend time with him, or even that he wouldn't trash you if he had the chance!

He may act like a nice guy in person, where people can ostracize him for his behavior, but deep down he has some emotional instabilities that make him not that nice of a person!

Why does it have be insecurity? It is simply unnecessary and impractical for most people.

The fact is most martial arts, including MMA, are impractical!

You can train for hours and hours for days and years and a little old lady with a gun can make all that training useless by taking you out in a second. Or a street thug, or three, with a baseball bat coming from behind and whacking you in the head.

To me it is the constant need to challenge people that is a more clear demonstration of insecurity.

Anyone who makes it their mission to force others to their viewpoint through hostile, aggressive behavior is not very emotionally stable or mature!

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:07 AM
So, basically, make any comment you want, any statement you want and no need to prove anything of it?
Ah yes, all this is wrong and that made TCMA get stuck in the crap hole that it found itself in.
I do, however, care when someone make sa statement that CAN be proven to be either correct or false and somehow has 1001 excuse NOT to prove it.

Really, it's been the state of things for years. Nobody is required to put up clips. Nobody. So, I can say I can float on chi clouds, and in the end, does it really matter? People are going to go out, buy silk pajamas from http://www.martialartsmart.com/uniforms-kung-fu.html, and cool Feiyue shoes from http://www.martialartsmart.com/shoes-feiyue-shoes.html. They'll probably need a bag from http://www.martialartsmart.com/gear-bags.html, and some training DVDs if no school is nearby, which, fortunately, can be purchased from http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-video.html. People make money, and others are able to find themselves a fun hobby to do after work.

You won't get this resolved on this forum, and it's a waste of time to do so. And even if I COULD float on chi clouds, I don't feel particularly inclined to show others simply because someone who I already don't like asked me to.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:09 AM
It seems that the you all have made your decisions and I leave you to your TCMA.
I retire to my humble abode.

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:11 AM
It seems that the you all have made your decisions and I leave you to your TCMA.
I retire to my humble abode.

I know how to kill a person, Paul. I don't find it an enjoyable pasttime. I am much happier learning about history and the mechanics behind CLF. It's a hobby.

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 06:14 AM

I agree ronin. You start banning people it get dangerous.

The reason TCMA is in the crap hole as he stated is because of people who promote the mystical bullsh!t. yes it's been there for years and probably will be there for many more, but I see the gems in it and try to push those forward, only to be flooded in with sh!t like guys prompting IP training and slamming there hand in a car door crap.

I also agree with you to an extent drake. Buy a gun, it's the ultimate equalizer. The other is people shouldn't be worried so much about others, worry about yourself.

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 06:15 AM
theres couth and respect to disagree with someones statments. you can even agree to disagree, but when ppl like knifefighter say my way or no way in an extremly rude and disrepsectful mannor thats pushing his belieifes on others even if they dont want it.

this is crossing the line. I have disageed with people but at least say well I dont think so and go abut your merry way, thats not the case with this new breed of punch you in the face in a gage or your training is worthless attitude.

I know some of the toughest guys I have ever met dont even fight. they dont need to, ever heard of any rich person bragg about how much moneyt they have? no its the ones who think their rich that feel compleled to show off for thier lack of richness..

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 06:16 AM
I left for a whole night...and now everyone is getting banned? What happened and how was this decision decided?

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:16 AM
I know how to kill a person, Paul. I don't find it an enjoyable pasttime. I am much happier learning about history and the mechanics behind CLF. It's a hobby.

So do I my friend, so do I and if after all this time, you think that is what I am talking about then I truly have done nothing here at all.

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:20 AM
So do I my friend, so do I and if after all this time, you think that is what I am talking about then I truly have done nothing here at all.

I just think you are a normal guy who likes doing PE demos in your basement. :cool:

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:21 AM

Sure they can, and why does anyone really care. It is all a a game and no one is right all the time. I respect all people who practice martial arts, from wu shu, to the forms guys, to Tai Chi, to MMA, to TCMA, Japanese Arts, Filipino Arts, etc.

I don't care why the train. If they find fulfillment and want to feel like they are bad dudes or more spiritual or whatever, who cares. We all have our own fantasies that sustain us in a mundane world. MMA have their own fantasies too.

MMA seek to control the context when they want to prove how manly they are. The fact is anyone with a gun can take them out without expending as much time and sweat and pain as they do to practice.

MMA act like they are Gods gift to the MA because they are the only REAL martial artists, when if they actually followed their own principles of practicing what is the most efficient means of defense they would train with a gun. But when you mention that to them they continue to try to control the context by making up their own fantasies about why that is impractical and how this or that about guns or knives is not true, etc. THAT is when they reveal their own fantasy, when they demonstrate that all they really want is to feel like they are tougher than anyone else.

Tough until some 90# weakling blows their brains out with a .32 cal hand gun. If I was a 90# weakling I wouldn't try to fight a big tough guy. I would go get a gun and when they guy showed up I would blow him away. And it has happened!

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 06:22 AM
I just think you are a normal guy who likes doing PE demos in your basement.

wow way to be a Di ck. must be your other past time.

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Maybe we should get some of the IP guys here to develop a way to resist bullets!

MysteriousPower

I understand what you are saying. You are saying that there has to be checks and balances in the martial arts world. You cannot have the bjj people constantly asking for proof especially for things like IP, Iron body, etc that can ONLY be utilized in demonstration. This should be an accepted fact by all parties but it is not. On the other hand you cannot have IP people saying they can withstand a car door being slammed into their hands and not have damage.

MasterKiller

Dude, don't be so dramatic. It's just the internet.

I'm pretty sure you banned me from Bullshido once because I said Frost was charging too much for his compression shirts.

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 06:24 AM
MMA act like they are Gods gift to the MA because they are the only REAL martial artists, when if they actually followed their own principles of practicing what is the most efficient means of defense they would train with a gun. But when you mention that to them they continue to try to control the context by making up their own fantasies about why that is impractical and how this or that about guns or knives is not true, etc. THAT is when they reveal their own fantasy, when they demonstrate that all they really want is to feel like they are tougher than anyone else.

Tough until some 90# weakling blows their brains out with a .32 cal hand gun. If I was a 90# weakling I wouldn't try to fight a big tough guy. I would go get a gun and when they guy showed up I would blow him away. And it has happened!

no one is denying the idiots on both sides of the street. No one is denying the effective use of a gun.

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 06:26 AM

He is not being dramatic. He is trying to make a point and Drake fires off that he knows how to kill people. The day that people think this is cool or masculine is the day they have lost their grip on reality. I can grab little girls and do nasty things to them...look how cool I am

Drake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSrxf5GAWs

It's a series of tubes!

Scott R. Brown
The reason TCMA is in the crap hole as he stated is because of people who promote the mystical bullsh!t. yes it's been there for years and probably will be there for many more, but I see the gems in it and try to push those forward, only to be flooded in with sh!t like guys prompting IP training and slamming there hand in a car door crap.

It has been a crap hole from the beginning. Keep that in mind. There have been these same complaints found in documents in China going back hundreds if not over a thousand years.

It will never change. Might as well stop trying to change it.

I left for a whole night...and now everyone is getting banned? What happened and how was this decision decided?

It's Myyyyyyyyssssssttttteerioussssssss!:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:27 AM
I understand what you are saying. You are saying that there has to be checks and balances in the martial arts world. You cannot have the bjj people constantly asking for proof especially for things like IP, Iron body, etc that can ONLY be utilized in demonstration. This should be an accepted fact by all parties but it is not. On the other hand you cannot have IP people saying they can withstand a car door being slammed into their hands and not have damage.

Thanks goodness someone gets it !

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:29 AM
I can fly on chi clouds.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm pretty sure you banned me from Bullshido once because I said Frost was charging too much for his compression shirts.

As a matter of fact, I banned only one person from Bullshido in all my time there, and that was their beloved Aesopian, the BJJ purple belt.
I also banned a few others for sexual harrasment via Pm's.

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 06:30 AM
I have always found the gun defense to be lame. Everyone can be killed by a gun. So tcma people say what is the point of all that hard mma training since you can be gunned down? What is the point of going to the doctor if your life can be ended so easily by a gun? Why eat...when you can be shot?

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:32 AM
no one is denying the idiots on both sides of the street. No one is denying the effective use of a gun.

Uhhh....not quite true! The only reason to go on and on about how tough you are (the MMA guys) is because they have a need to be tough or be thought of as tough!

This doesn't work, that doesn't work. It all works under specific circumstances and doesn't work under other circumstances. When you control the context of the discussion you can make anything look like it doesn't work. So when the MMA go on and on about how this or that doesn't work, all you need to do is tell them nothing they do works against a gun. Then they try to change the context again.

The key is the control of the context. If your desire is to defend yourself (that is your context) learn to use a gun! It is easier, cheaper, takes less time, and works nearly all the time! Many times all one needs to do is brandish the gun.

But if your purpose is to argue for the efficiency of MMA, then they context is to demonstrate how tough you are! WHY? Because there is no other reason to argue the point. It is clear it is not the best form of self-defense. It is only a game like every other martial art.

Iron_Eagle_76
11-05-2010, 06:33 AM
There are a ton of problems that exist concerning the banned state of posters and I guess this was coming. Here is what I believe in wholeheartedly is the truth. The whole video or it didn't happen is a result of the "bullshido" era of martial arts, particulary when it comes to internet forums. Now while I don't completely disagree with this method, I don't need video evidence of a guy saying he can blow chi balls out his a**ss to know he is full of sh**it.

That being said, if a poster talks about certain TCMA training methods and how they are supeior to all other methods, people are going to chest puff and say prove it. If he is simply saying these methods work and can provide substantial evidence they do, does it really need to turn into a flame war of You Tube evidence?

I don't have a problem calling BS where it needs to be called, but what one person gauges as BS another gauges as legitimate training.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
I have always found the gun defense to be lame. Everyone can be killed by a gun. So tcma people say what is the point of all that hard mma training since you can be gunned down? What is the point of going to the doctor if your life can be ended so easily by a gun? Why eat...when you can be shot?

Exactly!!! Do your MMA cuz you enjoy it! But stay away from "My way is better than your way!" It isn't, it is just different!

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks goodness someone gets it !

MMA people need to also accept that not everything can be filmed or proven in combat. People do martial arts for different reasons and not all for combat. If tcma are too immature to admit that they cannot take full body shots, like they do in demo, in a sparring situation then perhaps MMA people need to just accept this immaturity.

And TCMA need to stop saying certain skills can be utilized in combat when they have not shown it to be so. If you do IP then fine. Do it but do not say that it is deadly, you can splatter horse organs, etc. I can do that with a baseball bat. It is called hitting someone or something that is not resisting you. If the horse was attacking you, like a sparring partner would, I bet you would not be able to root enough to "splatter its organs."

I presented both sides but time will see how I truly feel depending on when the topics come up.

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Who in the hell is TCMA?

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:39 AM
As a matter of fact, I banned only one person from Bullshido in all my time there, and that was their beloved Aesopian, the BJJ purple belt.
I also banned a few others for sexual harrasment via Pm's.

How come no one has ever sexually harassed me on PM?

My sexuality is just as good as anyone elses! But no, I will not post my proof of this on YouTube. On a pay site....maybe!:D

I can fly on chi clouds.

Good for you! I hope you enjoy your fantasy as much as I enjoy mine!:)

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Good for you! I hope you enjoy your fantasy as much as I enjoy mine!:)

I love my fantasy!

It is kind of weird, isn't it... pretending to be Chinese?

Iron_Eagle_76
11-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Who in the hell is TCMA?

Topless Christian Metrosexual Advocates:eek:

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 06:42 AM
I love my fantasy!

It is kind of weird, isn't it... pretending to be Chinese?

Not really, I pretend to be a human being, even though I am, in truth, a GOD!!!:p

You are able to float on clouds because I have allowed you to do so!

You are welcome!!:D

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 06:43 AM

I just sent you a naked pic of Taai Gihk Yahn, you can thank me later

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 06:46 AM

OK......WTF are you doing with naked PICS of TGY? you wanna know how i know you're gay? cause you're naked in the pics with him!!!!!! LOL

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Uhhh....not quite true! The only reason to go on and on about how tough you are (the MMA guys) is because they have a need to be tough or be thought of as tough!

This doesn't work, that doesn't work. It all works under specific circumstances and doesn't work under other circumstances. When you control the context of the discussion you can make anything look like it doesn't work. So when the MMA go on and on about how this or that doesn't work, all you need to do is tell them nothing they do works against a gun. Then they try to change the context again.

The key is the control of the context. If your desire is to defend yourself (that is your context) learn to use a gun! It is easier, cheaper, takes less time, and works nearly all the time! Many times all one needs to do is brandish the gun.

But if your purpose is to argue for the efficiency of MMA, then they context is to demonstrate how tough you are! WHY? Because there is no other reason to argue the point. It is clear it is not the best form of self-defense. It is only a game like every other martial art.

Scott,
This goes back to a philosophical point. In the movie, 300, the main character was sent into the woods naked to become a man, to become tough. If he survived then he would be king. This is important because if they had just made him king without this trial he might have been a weak king(maybe). But the fact that he survived, killed a cool looking wolf, proved to himself that he had the nuts to lead Sparta. Yeah yeah, I used a movie reference. Sue me.

MMA training is the equivalent of going into the woods and proving to yourself how tough you are. YEah there is a lot of chest thumping(as long as it is not harrassment it is ok) but this is how men become men. Through hardship, hard training, real experience that shapes them. The supposed Shaolin monks would do their kung fu bow to whoever wanted to fight as a warning as the story goes. The warning was that, "I have hurt and possibly killed people. I know I can do it. If you persist in this attack you are in trouble so back away." The point is that HE HAD THE SKILLS.

This is missing in tcma. YOu cannot temper young men and women by having them do forms and then telling them they are doing superior training methods and are superior fighters because of it. THis builds a FALSE confidence in them. "Oh, yeah, by the way my hands are registered as deadly. I can be sued if I attack you since I am a black belt."

MMA training is this to tcma. TCMA provides the metal and the shape of the sword. MMA provides the blade so it can attack/defend and so it does not break another blade hits hit. This analogy can be turned in either direction. MMA provides the body and tcma provides the sword, etc.

You need a little of both.

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 06:48 AM
OK......WTF are you doing with naked PICS of TGY? you wanna know how i know you're gay? cause you're naked in the pics with him!!!!!! LOL

YOU sent them to me, but I refused to pay you.....

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 06:49 AM
PS: want to know how we know Frank is gay? He is always posting about how much time he spends playing with his dragon head

Scott R. Brown

I don't think it is considered Sexual Harassment when it is something you enjoy!

I think to sexually harass me you should be sending me pictures of naked women.

LOTS of pictures of naked women! I think that might really offend me. But of course I would need to study them for quite some time in order to be sure!

MysteriousPower
YOu know why no one gets sexually harassed here? BEcause the only women on here are the pics that you guys post!

SPJ
11-05-2010, 06:50 AM
A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

1. If it is a info post, people may ask for proof. Usually we link some references. They may check them out and decide for them self.

2. If it is a viewpoint, it is a personal opinion, no need to prove or disapprove.

3. Agree disagree believe disbelieve. No need to convert people.

4. People insult you b/c they do not believe or agree with you. Let it be. No need to insult back. They call you bs. Let it go. B/c no need to prove them wrong.

5. Just post on something else that everyone would be able to verify.

:)

IronWeasel
11-05-2010, 06:52 AM

If it's the one with the stirrups, we've already seen it.

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 06:53 AM
but I refused to pay you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I-RJL5k1WiM/S8dBTeSCvgI/AAAAAAAABaA/wSEf8n2msoI/s1600/PINKY_F_ck_You_Pay_Me-front-large.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:54 AM
There are a ton of problems that exist concerning the banned state of posters and I guess this was coming. Here is what I believe in wholeheartedly is the truth. The whole video or it didn't happen is a result of the "bullshido" era of martial arts, particulary when it comes to internet forums. Now while I don't completely disagree with this method, I don't need video evidence of a guy saying he can blow chi balls out his a**ss to know he is full of sh**it.

That being said, if a poster talks about certain TCMA training methods and how they are supeior to all other methods, people are going to chest puff and say prove it. If he is simply saying these methods work and can provide substantial evidence they do, does it really need to turn into a flame war of You Tube evidence?

I don't have a problem calling BS where it needs to be called, but what one person gauges as BS another gauges as legitimate training.

Here is the thing, in another thread where some guys says that because of IP he can get his hand slammed in a car door and not break it and still fight with it he was told to prove it, which is obvioulsy very easy to do.
The back and forth when on for a bit with KF doing his usual shpeel and then I posted my personal observations and conclusions based on what I have done, seen and Wolf's Law, in a nutshell stating that a conditoned hand makes for a stronger strike and the reasons why and KF agreed.
Period.
No need for video on my part at all, just common sense and no BS.

Too much to ask though, right?

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:54 AM

We share what we know, we learn form others.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 06:56 AM
We share what we know, we learn form others.

Freudian slip! You're a forms fairy!

Drake
11-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I've had my hand slammed in a car door more than once. Hurt like no tomorrow, but never broke any bones. It does bruise the deep tissue, and man, does that HURT.

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Freudian slip! You're a forms fairy!

LMAO !!
Nice one.

sanjuro_ronin
I've had my hand slammed in a car door more than once. Hurt like no tomorrow, but never broke any bones. It does bruise the deep tissue, and man, does that HURT.

Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real Drake ??

hskwarrior
I used to repeatedly slam the car door on my hand right before sexual intercourse. :D

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 07:00 AM

You need to do IP training with ginosifu then. Time to up the game

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 07:02 AM

I can honestly say that yes, some douchbags can contaminate the whole batch. Just look at TCMA and the exact pool I've spoken of before, people that want to try and push mythical dim mak, unconventional stuff that doesn't work on people. Your throwing a blanket statement out just as many of them do. So if we want to take it a step further we could group you into the whole TCMA nutbag crew, see how it works.

You have to understand there are middle groups in everything, and I strive to find them, because the left or right is to extreme. KF and HW8 represent opposite ends of the spectrum they are perfect examples of polar opposite.

You throwing a blanket statement out about mma is the same as me throwing one out about TCMA's guys. :cool:

Drake
11-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real Drake ??

I was a kid when it happened. Both times. Once I was getting out of the car, closed the cdoor, realized I forgot something, and when I tried to catch it, the door slammed on my hand. Lucky me, it was also locked.

I still get hurt, but haven't had a door slammed on my hand in ages. Last injury was running with my rucksack on. Rolled my ankle.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Scott,
This goes back to a philosophical point. In the movie, 300, the main character was sent into the woods naked to become a man, to become tough. If he survived then he would be king. This is important because if they had just made him king without this trial he might have been a weak king(maybe). But the fact that he survived, killed a cool looking wolf, proved to himself that he had the nuts to lead Sparta. Yeah yeah, I used a movie reference. Sue me.

In the movie, he killed the wolf accidentally if you recall. So what kind of king does that make him now? Of course the ancients believed in luck too and a lucky leader was considered quite valuable!

MMA training is the equivalent of going into the woods and proving to yourself how tough you are......

I don't have a problem with that. I respect MMA and if I was younger and had more time I would enjoy adding it to my list of skills. It is the continuous mouthing off by the MMA that annoys me. If you have to keep going on and on about something, it is an indication of some kind of agenda that is based upon your own (not you, the MMAists I am talking about) immaturity.

Tough guys don't need to keep demonstrating it to themselves by challenging other people. These guys are emotionally weak, and require constant reinforcement in order to demonstrate their own superiority over others to themselves.

The implication is, "I am better than you, because I am a MMAist, which is real, and you are nothing because you practice a fantasy art."

My point has always been that MMA is also a fantasy art. It is founded upon a specific context. Change the context, add a gun, and it is no better than anyone else. It is efficient because it allows ground fighting. Regardless of whether that is where streetfights end up or not, it is still just a fixed context.

A journeyman boxer can take out just about any MMA in a boxing match. A fencer could do the same thing. A combat trained gunman can do that same thing, etc.

It is all about context. When you seek to control the context you reinforce your own fantasy. That is what many of these guys do!

One of my favorite stories, that I have shared here a number of times is about a pankration guy and one of Alexanders the Great's top soldiers. (This argument has been going on for thousands of years!)

During one of their drinking feasts there was a discussion/argument over who were the REAL warriors, the Olympic pankration guy or a true soldier. So it came down to a challenge and a fight. The pankration guy defeated the soldier in hand to hand, but following the bout the soldier merely took a spear and ran the Olympic Champion through and killed him.

Point made!!! It is all about context. The pankration guy was tough in HIS environment, the soldier in his!

It is also this with MMA and TCMA and Boxing, and Muay Thai, and Fencing, and Greco-Roman Wrestling, etc.. They each have their own context that defines their success and efficiency. :)

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 07:11 AM
In the movie, he killed the wolf accidentally if you recall. So what kind of king does that make him now? Of course the ancients believed in luck too and a lucky leader was considered quite valuable!

Huh??? he didn't kill it accidentally, he stuck it in the mouth with a spear... and he didn't slip doing it. ;)

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 07:17 AM
You throwing a blanket statement out about mma is the same as me throwing one out about TCMA's guys. :cool:

No no, you have misunderstood me! Please read what I have said more carefully.

It is not MMA that I am talking about. It is specific people who feel the need to go on and on about its superiority. Please read my post above to MP about the pankration guy and Alexander's soldier.

It is all about context! MMA is good, it is valuable, it is important. It is the attitude of some of these guys that I am criticizing.

I also admit that there is a lot of fantasy in TCMA. The thing is no one can force another person out of their fantasy. It will happen if and when it does. But it will mostly likely NOT happen because someone is being a jerk to them. It happens when they get into a fight and lose and then decide to reflect upon why it happened.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Huh??? he didn't kill it accidentally, he stuck it in the mouth with a spear... and he didn't slip doing it. ;)

Didn't he run into a small cleft in between two rocks? On a plain, or anywhere else out in the open, he would have been wolf food. He got lucky because of where he was. As I recall, he was running away and stumbled upon the cleft accidentally which limited the wolf's mobility!

Of course this was just an artistic manner of demonstrating how this same tactic was used in during the fight with the Persians!

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 07:24 AM
so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?

Again I understand what you are saying, I'm saying that it's on both sides of the street. Yes there are MMA guys spouting crap just as there are TMA's guys doing it.

context is a correct statement. Anything on in second person can easily be taken out of context for example. We are in an internet environment and you have to put your "thicker" skin on because we are at a lose for body language, facial indicators, tone of voice, etc. It's to be expected. If we were all in a room face to face then we would see a mark change for sure.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Have you guys even seen 300?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJk01emsV8

He lures the wolf into the crevice and allows it to attack because that is when it is vulnerable.

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Didn't he run into a small cleft in between two rocks? On a plain, or anywhere else out in the open, he would have been wolf food. He got lucky because of where he was. As I recall, he was running away and stumbled upon the cleft accidentally which limited the wolf's mobility!

Of course this was just an artistic manner of demonstrating how this same event was used in during the fight with the Persians!

as i remember correctly,

He saw the wolf, turned away for a minute and saw the opening, started walking slowly towards it, the wolf charged, he leaps through the opening, the wolf gets jammed in, he stands up looks at the wolf and shoves the spear through it's mouth.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 07:28 AM
so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?

Again I understand what you are saying, I'm saying that it's on both sides of the street. Yes there are MMA guys spouting crap just as there are TMA's guys doing it.

context is a correct statement. Anything on in second person can easily be taken out of context for example. We are in an internet environment and you have to put your "thicker" skin on because we are at a lose for body language, facial indicators, tone of voice, etc. It's to be expected. If we were all in a room face to face then we would see a mark change for sure.

I agree with you and it was not my intention to imply that TCMAers are saints. The topic was MMA though so that is what I was focusing my diatribe on!

Have you guys even seen 300?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJk01emsV8

He lures the wolf into the crevice and allows it to attack because that is when it is vulnerable.

I only saw it once and didn't even watch all of it.:o

So I have no idea how it ends!:confused::eek::rolleyes::p

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Ok I watched the clip and I clearly remembered it incorrectly! I thought he was running away from the wolf as opposed to luring it in!:o

wenshu
11-05-2010, 07:58 AM
The banhammer drops right around the same time as this. . .

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/11/us-cyber-command-2010-11-05-398.jpg

Cyber Command Achieves Full Operational Capability

Department of Defense announced today that U.S. Cyber Command has achieved full operational capability (FOC).

Achieving FOC involved U.S. Cyber Command completing a number of critical tasks to ensure it was capable of accomplishing its mission. U.S. Cyber Command is responsible for directing activities to operate and defend DoD networks.

"I am confident in the great service members and civilians we have here at U.S. Cyber Command. Cyberspace is essential to our way of life and U.S. Cyber Command synchronizes our efforts in the defense of DoD networks. We also work closely with our interagency partners to assist them in accomplishing their critical missions," said Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of U.S. Cyber Command.

Some of the critical FOC tasks included establishing a Joint Operations Center and transitioning personnel and functions from two existing organizations, the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations and the Joint Functional Component Command for Network Warfare. U.S. Cyber Command's development will not end at FOC, and the department will continue to grow the capacity and capability essential to operate and defend our networks effectively. There are also enduring tasks that will be on-going after FOC, such as developing the workforce, providing support to the combatant commanders, and efforts to continue growing capacity and capability.

U.S. Cyber Command is a sub-unified command under the U.S. Strategic Command. It reached its "initial operational capability" on May 21, 2010.

For more information, media may contact Col. Rivers Johnson Jr., Cyber Command Public Affairs at 301-688-6584.

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 07:59 AM
so some people in TCMA don't have a superiority complex? some of the TCMA's don't have egotistical attitudes as well?.

The internal martial arts and praying mantis are the worst at this. They have been touting their "deadly" propaganda for years.

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 08:01 AM
TAAIWow Taai, you really included me in that list? I have been a upstanding contributing member on here since 1996 and always post postitve things. It wasnt until 3 certain people talked about my wife, my children, threatend me, posted my personal information on here and basically talked s h i t and constantly attacked and made rude comments to every single post I made even if i was askign someon else a direct qurestion.
Obviously you havent taken the time to really read what I type. I go out fo my way to help others and share in great discussions on here the phone and a couple times invited certain members to do demonstration at my schools..
Obviously, and as appear to be the norm for you, YOU haven't taken the tyime to really read what I typed; at all; let me refresh your memory (bold added for emphasis):

now, in your hurry to preserve your ego-driven self-image, you have completely missed the point that I was making; which is not that you aren't an upstanding, model citizen of KFMF, but that, FOR WHATEVER REASON, you seem to become embroiled in a lot of the sh1t storms we have on here; why? probably because you react emotionally and type before you think - this has happened a few times with you even between us, and so probably accounts for many of the other instances; so my statement was not qualifying your involvement, but quantifying it - there is a big difference, and if you would take the occasional breath in between reading and responding, you might have realized this; so again, to be clear; I am NOT suggesting that you should be banned, I am simply pointing out that, like KF and LHK, you are a magnet for rancorous posting; and since I don't see any real difference between you and the two of them, in my own estimation as personally, I did not have a problem with either KF or LHK, nor do I have one with you; but I must say, that every time you perceive the slightest slight, you recite this laundry list of qualifications, both credentialed or otherwise, substantiating why you are the unjust victim of a perceived attack; I don't know why, and honestly, don't really care why either;

I agreed.
well said, sir, well said;

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 08:06 AM

YOU sent them to me, but I refused to pay you.....

I don't think it is considered Sexual Harassment when it is something you enjoy!
you know, originally, after reading the first post or two, I was going to type something witty; but as I kept reading, I became concerned, then worried, then deeply, deeply troubled, until I now feel that I need to go bathe in a mixture of bleach and ammonia until my eyeballs melt, my nostrils dissolve and all of my skin peels off, and only thereafter will I feel sufficiently purged to continue going about my day...

jdhowland
11-05-2010, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=Scott R. Brown: It is also this with MMA and TCMA and Boxing, and Muay Thai, and Fencing, and Greco-Roman Wrestling, etc.. They each have their own context that defines their success and efficiency.[/QUOTE]

Very well put. Thank you.

jd

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 08:11 AM
you know, originally, after reading the first post or two, I was going to type something witty; but as I kept reading, I became concerned, then worried, then deeply, deeply troubled, until I now feel that I need to go bathe in a mixture of bleach and ammonia until my eyeballs melt, my nostrils dissolve and all of my skin peels off, and only thereafter will I feel sufficiently purged to continue going about my day...

Folks, he's just trying to distract us since photographic evidence of his sexually predatory behavior has now surfaced :eek:

http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/images/Old-Virgins2.jpg

"Now, just stay like this while I walk behind you"

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM

<Aside> Shhhhhh! My post was actually a sly request to be PM'd a massive amount of pictures of naked women!! See? You pretend it offends you and they do more of it! You pretend you enjoy it, when their intent is to harass you, and they stop!! Pretty sly of me isn't it!!:D

Now don't tell anyone....it is just between you and me!:D

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Folks, he's just trying to distract us since photographic evidence of his sexually predatory behavior has now surfaced :eek:

http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/images/Old-Virgins2.jpg

"Now, just stay like this while I walk behind you"

hey, I had NO IDEA that guy was behind me!!!

Dale Dugas
11-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I have to say at least KF mans up and admits to who he is and where he is.

Way too many other trolls have not the sack to step up. As we would find out that they are actually others who have dup accounts under fake names.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 08:28 AM

Way too many other trolls have not the sack to step up. As we would find out that they are actually others who have dup accounts under fake names.

Yeah, not like you and me who are not afraid to post under our REAL names.......if that IS your real name!!!!

Hmmmmm, now I'm not so sure if you are who you say you are....Shhhhrek!!:p

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 08:31 AM

well said; one can at least respect the adversary who shows himself as he is, depsite a difference in opinion;

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 08:33 AM

How did the magnetic hands seminar go?

Dale Dugas
11-05-2010, 08:53 AM
speaking of internet cowards.

SPJ
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
let the clean water/one be clean

let the dirty/muddy water/one be muddy.

overtime

people will know who you are and where you are.

in case you do not know the poem.

if you are clean or good or innocent, people will know.

if you are no good/dirty/guilty, people will know.

all the evidences over time will tell or inform you.

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
what getting hit with the banhammer feels like

http://www.funnyhub.com/content_images/5557_2779_soccer-face-smash.jpg

David Jamieson
11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
well said; one can at least respect the adversary who shows himself as he is, depsite a difference in opinion;

I dunno. lol

Knifefighter seemed to have a singular purpose here and that was to attempt to get under the skin of anyone who didn't support his myopic agenda of "only mma".

Then there's outright trolls who also think it's just ok to antagonize and belittle people and then to throw in one valid post amongst all that badgering.

I don't know why people think it's extremes that work.
guys who favoiur watching ufc over training feel they have some sort of right to make light of what some of you have spent years of your life practicing and then you come here to seek some sort of community and what are you greeted with?

Knifefighter, MP, Kansuke, HW108, and an ever growing list of people who's singular goal is to pole fun, derail threads and take your Kung Fu community and turn it into so much shyte.

Is that really acceptable?

I guess I have come to expect the malarky remarks of "it's just the internet", "it's only words" etc etc. These types of remarks are stunted and disrespectful.

a community is a community online or not. If you don't like it and want to continue to diminish it's value with churlish crap, then the board will become nothing but a crap fest, a community is destroyed for people who wanted it and idiots run amok.

I'm always up for a good argument, but these guys often act as if shouting at you or typing in all caps that you are noob and pwned is some sort of psychological victory.

It's really degraded a lot with the trollshido crowd I gotta say. And I'd rather talk with John Wang about some weird ass wrestling techs and trying to wrap my head aournd that without having to navigate through 50 posts that are one word like "pen1s" or "noob" or "gay" or "quit whining behatch ill do as i please"

it is frustrating and drives people away from creating new content of value here.

opinions are fine, constant badgering and advocation of same is not cool.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
what getting hit with the banhammer feels like

What using the Banhammer feels like:

http://www.lolgifs.com/pictures/58eb6acae2974ea.gif

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Knifefighter, MP, Kansuke, HW108, and an ever growing list of people who's singular goal is to pole fun, derail threads and take your Kung Fu community and turn it into so much shyte.

I'm glad you listed at least one of the kung fu fantasy crowd in there because they are just as annoying and disruptive as the so called "MMA" boogey men...

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 09:11 AM
....opinions are fine, constant badgering and advocation of same is not cool.

Just look at all the cool and civil threads there in the less than 24hrs since the banhammer fell!:)

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Just look at all the cool and civil threads there in the less than 24hrs since the banhammer fell!:)

all I have seen is some nekkid group hugs, and a demo of Klingon martial arts

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I dunno. lol

Knifefighter seemed to have a singular purpose here and that was to attempt to get under the skin of anyone who didn't support his myopic agenda of "only mma".

Then there's outright trolls who also think it's just ok to antagonize and belittle people and then to throw in one valid post amongst all that badgering.

I don't know why people think it's extremes that work.
guys who favoiur watching ufc over training feel they have some sort of right to make light of what some of you have spent years of your life practicing and then you come here to seek some sort of community and what are you greeted with?

Is that really acceptable?

I guess I have come to expect the malarky remarks of "it's just the internet", "it's only words" etc etc. These types of remarks are stunted and disrespectful.

a community is a community online or not. If you don't like it and want to continue to diminish it's value with churlish crap, then the board will become nothing but a crap fest, a community is destroyed for people who wanted it and idiots run amok.

I'm always up for a good argument, but these guys often act as if shouting at you or typing in all caps that you are noob and pwned is some sort of psychological victory.

It's really degraded a lot with the trollshido crowd I gotta say. And I'd rather talk with John Wang about some weird ass wrestling techs and trying to wrap my head aournd that without having to navigate through 50 posts that are one word like "pen1s" or "noob" or "gay" or "quit whining behatch ill do as i please"

it is frustrating and drives people away from creating new content of value here.

opinions are fine, constant badgering and advocation of same is not cool.

Of course you pin it all on the opposing party. There is no mention of your thin skinned angry retorts to everything knifefighter ever wrote. Those replies did not cause anyone stress at all. You can kid yourself all you want but you cannot kid me.

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 09:17 AM
I would like to officially thank the staff for unbanning me, this is a major validation of everything I've been saying.

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I would like to officially thank the staff for unbanning me, this is a major validation of everything I've been saying.

sorry, we just banned you again

but thanks for playing

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
all I have seen is some nekkid group hugs, and a demo of Klingon martial arts

See? The quality has already improved!:D:p

Of course you pin it all on the opposing party. There is no mention of your thin skinned angry retorts to everything knifefighter ever wrote. Those replies did not cause anyone stress at all. You can kid yourself all you want but you cannot kid me.

I don't think that is a fair comment. That fact is Knifefighter's social skills encouraged hostile replies. He is as dumb as a door and as myopic as a mole!

You are very welcome! I am glad there is something I could do to bring you back!:)

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
I dunno. lol

I agree. But, he sensed weakness and he went for it. if people are more secure with what they're doing, KF shouldn't get under your skin. Yes, some of his points made perfect sense when it comes down to Gung Fu's effectiveness on the street or the ring. But his approach was all wrong.

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
KF had , how can I describe it? Like an alergic reaction to some of the "off the rack" lame kung fu defensive comments. Ie he responded in the most aggressive and confrontational way. That isn't to say he was wrong, he was in fact CORRECT many times. Not to mention he is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, has fought MMA and Vale Tudo, is a Dog Brother and has real world experiences.

He was a "bad fit" because here he would be provoked 100 times a day.

Read my serious thread a little down the forum and see what I mean

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree. But his approach was all wrong.

Exactly, his social skills are inept and his need to prove other's live in a fantasy world was excessive, not to mention he cannot recognize his own fantasy!

KF had , how can I describe it? Like an alergic reaction to some of the "off the rack" lame kung fu defensive comments. Ie he responded in the most aggressive and confrontational way. That isn't to say he was wrong, he was in fact CORRECT many times. Not to mention he is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, has fought MMA and Vale Tudo, is a Dog Brother and has real world experiences.

He was a "bad fit" because here he would be provoked 100 times a day.

Read my serious thread a little down the forum and see what I mean

Being an experienced martial artist does not give one maturity!

Dragonzbane76
11-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I have to admit his fist down your throat force feeding was a little strong, but still I think some people need that. (not all but a good portion)

TenTigers
11-05-2010, 09:33 AM
The problem is if you don't response, people may think that you ignore them. If you response, people may think that you try to argue againt them. It's very hard to draw that proper line sometime.
also, if you don't respond, they think it is because you cannot prove your point, and thus they believe they have proven theirs.
Sometimes I don't respond simply because I think it's an idiotic discussion, and not worth getting into an argument.
you know the saying,"When you argue with an idiot, it simply brings you down to his level, where he beats you with experience."

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
sorry, we just banned you again

I can't be banned, I have the staff on ignore.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
I have to admit his fist down your throat force feeding was a little strong, but still I think some people need that. (not all but a good portion)

But those that need it also include people like KF, and those others he is trying to change...how much success do you think he had?

I would venture nearly none at all. All he did was come off like an @ss and finally get himself banned. That is not a very success manner of waking up people to their own foolishness.

As with many here, I agreed with many of his points, but his method was very immature.

MightyB
11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey - I liked KnifeFighter and Kisu. Makes me weird I guess.

KF said what he felt, so did Kisu... they both tended to be a little too "passionate" with their points of view, but we all get that way from time to time.

I think the biggest problem on this board is that people hold grudges when we don't have to and those grudges influence our reactions to posts and members. That's where the stalking and bullying come into play. Let's continue to post our beliefs, and be prepared to be criticized... but let's learn to drop it like it's hot when it's a new topic or thread.

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 09:44 AM
It's very simple. I click a button in admin and that member is banned. For example, I just banned Dragonzbane76.

Obviously the main forum has gotten way out of hand with rudeness. Personally, I love the debates, and the locker-room smack talk too, but it has got to the point that good people are leaving and new people aren't joining in, so something has to be done.

Typically, the banning process begins with a number of complaints lodged against a member. I'll give that member a warning and if they cross the line, I'll ban them.

Right now, I don't have the time or patience to be so fair. I've asked our moderators to help me compile a list of bannable members, and if enough mods concur, I'm banning them. No warnings. Furthermore, I'm not listening to appeals for a while, maybe not until after the holidaze. Maybe this place will become a ghost town. We'll see. At 21,000+ members, that's the least of our worries.

Unbanning is as simple as banning - just the flick of a button. For this round, I'm using the 2 year ban function, which means those banned now may come back in 2012. Or I might just unban them if they are apologetic. Or I might just up their ban status to permanent. But like I said, I'm not listening to appeals at this time, so for those of you among the banned, save it for later, when I'm more patient.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation in this matter.

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 09:45 AM
No one is really invited anywhere to insult people all day, except some standup comedians, and they probably have the clap as well.

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
but it has got to the point that good people are leaving and new people aren't joining in, so something has to be done.

hey, even the recent UGLINESS was getting to me as well. this place seemed like an insane asylum from monday to friday. it always calms down on the week end. but even i was like i'm so done with this forum...too much drama.

BUT IT'S ADDICTING AS HELL TOO!!!!!

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks Gene. I always appreciate it when you explain the process. And I remember I asked the same question a few years ago when this same thing occurred.

I also remember a few years ago this happened during the holidays too. I wonder if it is the board that shreds your nerves towards the holidays, or if it is other stresses going on, or both?

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
When mods don't do their job, forums go to crap.

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 10:29 AM
hskwarrior is right. Flame wars are pretty addictive. But things got out of hand. I hate to be the wet blanket, but we do have a business to run here and when our main forum is a string of obscenities, it makes it hard to sling mags (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19341.html) and gear (http://www.martialartsmart.com/), especially with black friday coming up so quickly. Sure, we get more page views, but it's all the same addicted eyeballs, and I've sold a lot to you all already. I need to open things up and sell more to those glorified kickboxers and fantasy martial artists to pay the bills around here. ;)

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Vash
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
When mods don't do their job, forums go to POOP.

Fixed.

Also, banned.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
When mods don't do their job, forums go to crap.

Well I consider it much like raising children as compared to fishing.

You have to let out the line to allow freedom, but also know when to reel it in. Now is just the time for reeling in! Eventually it will be time to let out more line until it goes too far at which time there will be a time for reeling in again.

It is a cycle, like Yin and Yang!:)

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM
hskwarrior is right. Flame wars are pretty addictive. But things got out of hand. I hate to be the wet blanket, but we do have a business to run here and when our main forum is a string of obscenities, it makes it hard to sling mags (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19341.html) and gear (http://www.martialartsmart.com/), especially with black friday coming up so quickly. Sure, we get more page views, but it's all the same addicted eyeballs, and I've sold a lot to you all already. I need to open things up and sell more to those glorified kickboxers and fantasy martial artists to pay the bills around here. ;)

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

I don't think anyone blames you Gene, except for maybe the banned.

Every wild west town needs a strong sheriff to wrangle the cowboys after a long cattle drive! Giddee up!

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Wait, I have a question. You are all talking about kf like he died. Is this a permanent banning? People get unbanned eventually do they not?

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
And rebanned for doing the same stuff.

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Nevermind. I just read Gene's post.

You are all missing the real reason here. People were banned, not because some of you cannot handle it, but because he is losing possible money from people that come by here to look for good conversation and to shop. Show me the money!

And this is not a bad reason to do so at his discretion. Before all of you rejoice and have tea take this into consideration.

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Some don't. For example, it's Lokhopkuen's second banning, and I'm not sure if it's worth implementing a 3-strikes-you're-out rule or not (works for the Giants (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58901) ;))

I have one banned member who contacts me regularly with a stream of obscenities, trying to make his case for me to un-ban him. Like that's going to work...:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Gene with the banhammer (artists impression)

http://mysticmedusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thor-painting.jpg

You can buy a signed copy of this fine artwork at martial arts mart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com/sparring-gear-foam-sparring-gear.html)

Vash
11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Wait, I have a question. You are all talking about kf like he died. Is this a permanent banning? People get unbanned eventually do they not?

As Gene said,it's not short-term. Bans lifted around 2012 (coincidence?), maybe sooner, maybe never.

I had a few names I was about to send in when I got the PM, but I thought like S_J before I hit submit. It was a dangerous question. BUT, I think the correct decisions were made. It's best to let the Conversation continue by removing the most disruptive personalities.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Nevermind. I just read Gene's post.

You are all missing the real reason here. People were banned, not because some of you cannot handle it, but because he is losing possible money from people that come by here to look for good conversation and to shop. Show me the money!

And this is not a bad reason to do so at his discretion. Before all of you rejoice and have tea take this into consideration.

Don't worry. You're on my list, so you might not have to worry about it too long.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Gene with the banhammer (artists impression)

http://mysticmedusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thor-painting.jpg

You can buy a signed copy of this fine artwork at martial arts mart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com/sparring-gear-foam-sparring-gear.html)

That's MK in the background. Strong. Majestic. A Nubian God!

MysteriousPower
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Some don't. For example, it's Lokhopkuen's second banning, and I'm not sure if it's worth implementing a 3-strikes-you're-out rule or not (works for the Giants (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58901) ;))

I have one banned member who contacts me regularly with a stream of obscenities, trying to make his case for me to un-ban him. Like that's going to work...:rolleyes:

I do not understand why this stresses people. What stops them from getting a new email address and going under a new name? As long as they do not reveal they used to be so and so. I do not understand. I guess some people just love this forum.

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I also post here as "San Da Satan" and no one seems to notice

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
I also post here as "LKFMDC" and no one seems to notice

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 11:08 AM

ohhh! why are you two naked together? HMMMMM? :D

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 11:09 AM
ohhh! why are you two naked together? HMMMMM? :D

Gene went black and he never went back.

Northwind
11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I do not understand why this stresses people. What stops them from getting a new email address and going under a new name? As long as they do not reveal they used to be so and so. I do not understand. I guess some people just love this forum.

Well because if they continue to act in the manner that got them banned, the new identity will also get banned. It takes more effort to go and create the new email, identity and posts than it does for someone to click one lil Ban button. So I imagine they can try several times before getting tired. On the flip side, they may want to stay, so some might actually "change their ways" of communication.

I am happy this happened; helps put those of us not banned into check too - we will take a moment before hitting submit now hopefully (there are people banned who I really like & respect, but it happens).

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Gene went black and he never went back.

Black and Orange baby, BLACK N ORANGE!!!!!

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Black and Orange baby, BLACK N ORANGE!!!!!

Personally, I'm a Sooners man, but to each his own.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0801/campus.cheer.oklahomastate/images/Michaela_Hagerty-OSU_005.jpg

LAPD=Knifefighter
11-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Nothing!!!! :eek:

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Nothing!!!! :eek:

Okay wise guy, you stupidly just gave yourself up!:rolleyes:

Who are you? Or will we have to wait til you shoot yourself in the foot again?:p

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Okay wise guy, you stupidly just gave yourself up!:rolleyes:

Who are you? Or will we have to wait til you shoot yourself in the foot again?:p

Silly Scott, talking to himself again....

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Silly Scott, talking to himself again....

Yeah, but I wasn't "banned" I was "band"!:D

Iron_Eagle_76
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, but I wasn't "banned" I was "band"!:D

Yes, but were you "band fo life":D

bawang
11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
gene ching is ruthless and show no mercy. he is a real man

pls dont ban me bro im so scared

Northwind
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
pls dont ban me bro im so scared
lol I can't help but being reminded of the whole "Don't taze me bro!" thing when I see that lol

EarthDragon
11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
LOL LAPD is gotta be KF he just responded on my post his 1st post ever as LAPD claiming that you gotta wear boxing gloves when doing MMA

this is the same discussion that we left off at before this morning.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL LAPD is gotta be KF he just responded on my post his 1st post ever as LAPD claiming that you gotta wear boxing gloves when doing MMA

this is the same discussion that we left off at before this morning.

Say something really derogatory about KF and see if he takes the bait!!:D

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 12:32 PM
God, what a bunch of ****ing women, you guys on the rag or something?

lkfmdc
11-05-2010, 12:37 PM
someone call Gene and tell him the barn is on fire again :rolleyes:

Northwind
11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
The Roof! The Roof! The Roof is on Fiaaah! We don't need no water...
Oh wait..Sorry.
:P

Lucas
11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
whys everyone always pickin on me?

cuz you look like a girl and you sit down and pee!

sanjuro_ronin
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/9995/original/helloseriousbusiness3am.jpg?1250727051

Yum Cha
11-05-2010, 02:04 PM

This is a new social phenomenon, not a lot of rules and social mores to cover it.
Message boards like this evolve generally the same pattern of mixed bloodbath and moderated info-rums.

Business, in the world of social interactive marketing and ePR, in protection of an organisation's brand values and collateral, has taken the stance that you reply in the medium where the comments were made, to the same audience, and you tell your story.

The market then has the chance to evaluate the two arguments and make its decision, like a jury.

How you tell your story, is obviously important. In essence, its a battle.

Adding personal honour and pride makes it a little different, or?
I guess it depends on what qualifies as an insult, or online bullying?

The only advantage someone has over you is what you give them, as we all know.

Its like training I suppose, you put up with a lot of drudge for a little bit of insight....

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
It's not as ruleless as longtime forum members might assume from previous eras. People's family's are now on facebook, and the people speaking s thouh nothing matters here, speak very differently on other parts of the interweb, and the willingness to have some behaviors associated with onesself is an increasing pressure.

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Things got a quieter with the first few bans. Hopefully, with a few more, we can move onward.

I'll be banning a few people every day until the threads mellow out. It's sort of like a bank robber shooting a random hostage every hour until an escape helicopter is provided. :cool:

Lucas
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Get to da choppa!

SoCo KungFu
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
It's not as ruleless as longtime forum members might assume from previous eras. People's family's are now on facebook, and the people speaking s thouh nothing matters here, speak very differently on other parts of the interweb, and the willingness to have some behaviors associated with onesself is an increasing pressure.

Depends. I do actually talk the way I do here in person. Some people deal with it, some people find it refreshing, lots get ****ed off. Just goes with it. Actually there are people here that know me in real life, former teachers and people I used to do KF with. And my bro pops on here from time to time. And my momma knows I cuss like a soldier, my dad taught me :D

The only thing I will say is that in person I don't "talk" about MA as much. I don't believe in martial arts "theories." Either you do it or you don't. I'd rather just do it and let that decide who's right. I spend more time talking about microbes and evolution and lately it seems a lot of all the little things that grow in poop.....:confused:

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I just banned MysteriousPower

thank you; whereas KF and LHK (on occasion) at least had some content of value to what they posted, their posting style aside, MP's sole contribution was to literally go from thread to thread and repeat his assertions almost verbatim, calling into question the validity of what anyone he deemed hokey did; in fact, for a while he was stalking TT with almost frightening ferocity;

now, I have no issue w people calling someone on something, but he was almost abstracting the whole process - he had no other setting; and again, while KF, for example, could at least contribute from time to time in terms of technical info, MP did nothing of the sort;

in theory, it would be nice if people got the message and stayed on "topic" w out the threat of having to stand in the proverbial Internetz corner for an indeterminate amount of time; hopefully, if things settle down a bit, those who were banned can be reinstated and demonstrate a bit more tact in terms of how they get their respective points across, as wel as stop beating the dead, buried and decayed horse of their choice...

Drake
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Guys... the key is balance. Watch.

Gene Ching is a big dummyhead.

***BUT***

THERE IS A 75% OFF SALE AT http://www.martialartsmart.com/ !!!

THAT'S RIGHT! Hoodies, swords, training gear, you name it! These deals won't last forever, so get now while the getting is good!!

This still might get me banned. But man, 75% off IS a pretty good deal. I wasn't even expecting that when I was putting this whole skit together. *shop*shop*shop*

Lucas
11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
im exactly the same in real life as i am on this forum. except i have a body and im not just data floating in the interweb...

wouldnt it suck to get banned from real life?

Drake
11-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Holy crap, it's like Black Thursday in the store!

Dude...training mitts for less than $30.

Shoes are cheap right now too...

Lucas
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
everything i ever owned is from http://www.martialartsmart.com/

I dont even see a reason to buy things anywhere else.

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm glad that from now on we don't have people who will say that:

- Kettlebell is serous workout, but
- Stone lock is silly and childish game.

When people argue like that, I know they just want to put down TCMA no matter what subject.

Lucas
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
some are like a double edge sword. some good info at the cost of civility...

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
It's usually good decorum to let a thread die once it's covered dead horses and things that grow in poop.

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Unless you plan on calling someone else a Nazi.

mooyingmantis
11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Gene,
Thanks! This place really needed reined in. Hopefully we can engage in some intellect discussions now. It amazed me that MAs had de-evolved to the point that few peeps demonstrated any class.

Yum Cha
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Yes indeed. Once again, context. You **** in a barn, but not an elevator, right?

Facebook and politics has put together some interesting and awkward moments.

And my Nephew discovered you don't let an ex-girlfriend have access to your FB account....

Over the years you watch people evolve. The cornerstones that hold all this User Generated Content, Social interactive stuff are Community, Creativity and Celebrity.

Not everybody is after the same stroke.

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes indeed. Once again, context. You **** in a barn, but not an elevator, right?

Facebook and politics has put together some interesting and awkward moments.

And my Nephew discovered you don't let an ex-girlfriend have access to your FB account....

Over the years you watch people evolve. The cornerstones that hold all this User Generated Content, Social interactive stuff are Community, Creativity and Celebrity.

Not everybody is after the same stroke.

My nephew recently discovered the same thing!

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I still would like to know whatever happened to uki? He just sort of disappeared. I wonder if he got caught with some illegal substances? or perhaps he is on some big construction job and jsut working his butt off?

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
He's got busy schedule to juggle.

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I still would like to know whatever happened to uki? He just sort of disappeared. I wonder if he got caught with some illegal substances? or perhaps he is on some big construction job and jsut working his butt off?

last I heard, and that may hav been via FB, was he was out of work, his computer was on the fritz (I thinnk he was posting from a friend's) and he had no $ to get it fixed
:(
too bad; I miss him; I seriously believe he was the lynch pin that kept the forum in dynamic balance - it al went to sh1t after he disappeared

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM

no THAT is a bannable offence!

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Ok, truth be told, you can only get 75% off on Pink Ringstar shoes (http://www.martialartsmart.com/90-530p.html) and sword tassels (http://www.martialartsmart.com/c45-56t.html). :o

I'm quite different online than I am in person, mostly because it's a part of my job here. Heck, if I wasn't on the payroll with this forum, I'd troll the snot out of the lot of you glorified fantasy kickboxer mma theorists.

taai gihk yahn
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm quite different online than I am in person, mostly because it's a part of my job here. Heck, if I wasn't on the payroll with this forum, I'd troll the snot out of the lot of you glorified fantasy kickboxer mma theorists.
yeah, you'd probably do something crazy like pretend you were a former Lama Pai instructor in nY who now runs a San Da gym...

Oh c'mon, now i'm just with the crazy talk - who would ever believe such a thing!?!

hskwarrior
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Ok OK......i would like to be the first to nominate GENE CHING to have his name changed to
BRUCE BANNER :D:D:D

SF GIGANTES!!!!!!

Drake
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
But you ARE giving 70% off on these MT vids!

http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-rspk6.html

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 03:56 PM
hsk, I think I'm more of a Ben Urich than a Bruce Banner.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 04:05 PM

Ohhhhh! THAT'S just awful!!!! Where is the puke smilie when you need it!:p

Heck, if I wasn't on the payroll with this forum, I'd troll the snot out of the lot of you glorified fantasy kickboxer mma theorists.

And posting batleth vids!

yeah, you'd probably do something crazy like pretend you were a former Lama Pai instructor in nY who now runs a San Da gym...

Oh c'mon, now i'm just with the crazy talk - who would ever believe such a thing!?!

I WOULD! I WOULD!

KC Elbows
11-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Uki was just thrown off of his schedule.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Uki was just thrown off of his schedule.

Well you have to admit he sure had some balls, but he was a little bit too stonefaced!

TenTigers
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
nevermind that-why weren't YOU banned??? DOH!
actually, I like your sense of humor..for the most part.
And you seem intelligent...for the most part.
But, you are like HW108's parallel universe evil twin.
hmmm. Bizarro HW108...?

ok, I just red back a few posts...I guess I'm talking to myself...again

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
...but he's not posting who. :confused:

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 04:28 PM
nevermind that-why weren't YOU banned??? DOH!
actually, I like your sense of humor..for the most part.
And you seem intelligent...for the most part.
But, you are like HW108's parallel universe evil twin.
hmmm. Bizarro HW108...?

ok, I just red back a few posts...I guess I'm talking to myself...again

Where have YOU been! He just got banned a few hours ago!!

Wake up Rip(Vanwinkle)!

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I am afraid we are gonna have to take one of your tigers away!:p

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Gene,

If our democratic party members all has "back bone" like yours, they won't lose their election this bad. When you are the majority (TCMA guys), you just have to do whatever that you believe is right from the bottom of your heart, and not trying to please everybody as our president Obama did.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Design Sifu just banned someone...but he's not posting who. :confused:

Hmmm! Well I am still here, so we can cross one off the list!

Lucas
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I feel kind of banned, but I feel more banished rather than banned so it must not be me. Someone has been banishing me though and its irritating.

TenTigers
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Where have YOU been! He just got banned a few hours ago!!

Wake up Rip(Vanwinkle)!
hey, someone's got to teach the LARPERS...

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM

yeah but you cant forget, most of this sh!t started when people said they felt it was almost criminal for some of these teachers to claim they have self defence techniques, sell them to men women and children as such, yet they are not tested and dont work anywhere near as easilly as its suggested alot of the time...

so if what you do makes you happy, fine, but when u SELL false claims, you are not only a scumbag, but a thief and liar, imo... and if you dont even know that what you teach is garbage, well, thats much worse than selling it and knowing it hasnt been tested... the trouble is that most of these geeks actually think they can fight and/or defend themselves against somebody who even has only street experience and hasnt even trained EVER... ive seen so many so called MAs get hurt by ruthless street fighters who dont even own a moutpiece or handwraps...

but, if you dont SELL the self defence claim, then i fully agree, its nobodies biz what you do with ur time... u can shoot elastic bands and call it war games as far as i care...

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:25 PM

huh.... i assumed you were pure whiteboy... dunno why...

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Well because if they continue to act in the manner that got them banned, the new identity will also get banned. It takes more effort to go and create the new email, identity and posts than it does for someone to click one lil Ban button. So I imagine they can try several times before getting tired. On the flip side, they may want to stay, so some might actually "change their ways" of communication.

I am happy this happened; helps put those of us not banned into check too - we will take a moment before hitting submit now hopefully (there are people banned who I really like & respect, but it happens).

really... i sort of assumed gene was smart enough to ban IPs aswell... account and IP... so you would have to find a diff I^P and re-register which is do-able, but pretty inconvenient for those who post from home... not many people here are smart enough or knowledgable enough to route through other IPs...

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Its like training I suppose, you put up with a lot of drudge for a little bit of insight....

unfortunately too many people put up with very little drudge and claim to have a lot of insight...

not many poeple here have been thru the fire... you can tell alot about poeple by what they chose to post...

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm glad that from now on we don't have people who will say that:

- Kelly bell is serous workout, but
- Stone lock is silly and childish game.

When people argue like that, I know they just want to put down TCMA no matter what subject.

wtf is kelly bell???

SPJ
11-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Gene,

If our democratic party members all has "back bone" like yours, they won't lose their election this bad. When you are the majority (TCMA guys), you just have to do whatever that you believe is right from the bottom of your heart, and not trying to please everybody as our president Obama did.

politian has to stay close with people/ the voting base.

compromise among all interest groups is a must.

Syn7
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Gene,
Thanks! This place really needed reined in. Hopefully we can engage in some intellect discussions now. It amazed me that MAs had de-evolved to the point that few peeps demonstrated any class.

when using the word intellect, esspecially in reference to yourself, it helps to use the proper context...

YouKnowWho
11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
wtf is kelly bell???

Sorry, I mean Kettlebell.

Scott R. Brown
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Syn 7 is the grammar police today!

Be careful someday you will type something incorrectly and hellfire will descend upon you!:eek:

Syn7
11-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Syn 7 is the grammar police today!

Be careful someday you will type something incorrectly and hellfire will descend upon you!:eek:

haha... it wont take long cuzz... i barely even punctuate...

with the kelly bell thing, i really didnt realize he meant kettle... but now i look back i feel i probably shouldve caught that one...

as far as tolsonmantismaster is concerned, well, i just have a natural bias against fat people that take picks while trying to flex their fat and even believe themselves that this is an acceptable body fat ratio...
esspecially when they play toy soldier and practice weak techniques.... :o

not too start trouble or anything tho... pls dont ban me for thinking this guy is a wannabe...:rolleyes:

PalmStriker
11-06-2010, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Dragonzbane76;1057243]you start banning people for having difference of opinions and you'll see this place drop off significantly.[/QU I thought "Banned" was a deodorant?:confused:

hskwarrior
11-06-2010, 07:26 PM
"Sayonara Suckaaaaaaaaaaa's"

PalmStriker
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Mysstrudeous Person was banned? Hmmmmm....

hskwarrior
11-06-2010, 07:33 PM

mysterious odor is a gonner

taai gihk yahn
11-06-2010, 07:37 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

YouKnowWho
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
The person who started the thread, "BJJ takes down Kung fu every time"?

SPJ
11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
after the racket/noises of explosion

a soft tune/melody is in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvpVFdUgu2U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glt58kIGNXg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9F-lCdFqLo&feature=related

:D

SPJ
11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NUoPse7iA0&feature=related

impro jazz.

wow.

:cool:

SPJ
11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQYTw6jao0

this is jazz ified by the french, too.

PalmStriker
11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuopse7ia0&feature=related

impro jazz.

Wow.

:cool:

foondastik !:D

GeneChing
10-15-2019, 08:02 AM
Dropping that banhammer.

Three members were banned yesterday for feeble spamming attempts. I posted this on the Triathlon watch thread (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71544-Triathlon-watch):

Buvshaia, you did not heed my warning on the Escort Services thread this morning (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71547-Escort-services-Has-anyone-used-it&p=1316014#post1316014).

Your Buvshaia and Muller21Q accounts have been banned for three months, as well as your third account. When the ban expires, should any evidence of spamming be brought to our attention, these accounts will be banned permanently.

Thank you for making my Monday. :rolleyes:

The spam attacks are formulaic and translucent, and the IPs are the same. Mind you, it's not a bannable offense here to have multiple catfish accounts (mostly because it's a bother to track on the admin side and you can talk to yourself all you want here if that's what floats your boat) but it's such an amatuer tell when you're a spammer to have the same IP.

I let them run for a bit because they were eliciting some new posts and dialog, but it's gotten silly, plus I'm in that banhammer mood, which feels refreshingly nice right now. All of their spam links are getting swapped out to the proper one (https://www.martialartsmart.com/).

With today's continuation of spamming on the How to check if iPhone is unlocked? (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71546-How-to-check-if-iPhone-is-unlocked) and the Nikon D5600 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71545-Nikon-D5600) threads (same modus operendi) Buvshaia and Muller21Q plus the third catfish from that IP, johnnycagewins, have all been banned permanently. Joining them in permabanland are davidblack007 and DanGolfy. I'm going to let those threads run in hopes that more catfish accounts reveal themselves, or maybe some actual conversation takes place there.

If any genuine non-spammer members here notice any similar spam posts with this MO, just let me know and I'm more than happy to swap their links for ours (https://www.martialartsmart.com/) and ban them too. Banning is fun.

Thanks to all of you for your support of our forum here. We now return to our regular programming. :)

GeneChing
10-24-2019, 10:16 AM
RoyFollman & catfish account (same IP) iiii31 have now been banned (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71517-Do-you-use-straight-razor&p=1316176#post1316176). :)

GeneChing
10-28-2019, 08:26 AM
Adding to our list of spammers:
Demixl
DronFee1
Giend1981
IPHand

Demixl was party to the rash of dumb spam attempts above. The other three were catfish accounts with the same IP.

Jimbo
10-28-2019, 11:10 AM
Lol. He is/they are WAY too obvious. There’s always a group of “new members” starting simultaneously, always posting in OT, and he/they only interact(s) with himself/each other. As if he/they think(s) he/they will blend in seamlessly. Proof positive that the Universe doesn’t distribute intelligence equally.

GeneChing
10-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Erick & slink

Props to rett2, who has been very vigilent in finding these and bringing them to my attention.

GeneChing
11-15-2019, 08:56 AM
lmaomenimen banned.

And three rejected at the gate for having IPs and applications proximal to this spam gang.

GeneChing
11-18-2019, 09:11 AM
I love the smell of banning in the (Monday) morning

Esvol banned. ;)

GeneChing
11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Just banned BrunoPaulo & Goors1n. Goors1n had been following that same modus operendi of our recent rash of spammers only he posted, let it sit, and then went back to change the address later thinking that wouldn't be spotted. BrunoPaulo has the same IP.

Not even sure why they think plugging the odd array of sites that they've been spamming here would sell to this community. If it were nunchuks (https://www.martialartsmart.com/nunchuck-nunchakus.html), I could see it. But a lot of the items/services are random and dumb.

GeneChing
12-09-2019, 10:18 AM
BennieRush banned for this (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?14221-Pilates&p=1316734#post1316734).
Antonio94 banned as a BennieRush catfish.