PDA

View Full Version : Gathering of the WuLin?

Northwind
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Not sure if my memory is serving me properly here or I am getting confused with other and/or older boards, but didn't there use to be gatherings/get-togethers from time to time?

I think it'd be pretty great if we had one every so often for different regions (quarterly, bi-annually, annually, whatever works) like SouthEast, NorthEast, West Coast etc.

We could make a weekend out of it. Different folks could offer seminars (not over-priced fancy things, but affordable for tcma brethren [and sisters too]), with social/hang-out time etc.

I dunno - just trying to think of ways to meet folks here offline.

hskwarrior
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
thats a good idea.....

SanHeChuan
11-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Not that I remember.

There was the annual gathering at taiji legacy.

That was just a social gathering though.

MasterKiller
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I dunno - just trying to think of ways to meet folks here offline.

Craigslist - Casual Encounters would probably be more productive.

Northwind
11-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Not what I was looking for...

sean_stonehart
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Not what I was looking for...

You sure?? :eek:

I'll see you Sunday BTW after training with Big Al.

Dale Dugas
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
People in the NE of our nation should come out and meet up at the Tai Chi Gala (http://www.taichigala.com) as its a decent venue and I will be there teaching.

GeneChing
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
...and the occasional dark alley.

Our biggest gathering upcoming gathering is Tiger Claw`s KungFuMagazine.com Championship III (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57943). It'll be in San Jose, CA, June 4, 2011. Hope you can make it. :cool:

Dale Dugas
11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Let me know if anyone is going to come out. We can photo ourselves and share it on line as well with the magazine.

Northwind
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
You sure?? :eek:

I'll see you Sunday BTW after training with Big Al.

Very cool. Both you and Frodo (now I can't remember his real name lol) gonna do the Xingyi? Then you can train with us for a bit of bsl? and then join me for a pint or three afterwards...Or am I gonna be the lone soldier at the pub again?

Northwind
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Great to hear about the events, however too far and $$$ for me here in GA.

I know that people do randomly bump into each other at events, but kinda thinking about making specific get-togethers.

Sean - if we're able to hang (Sunday?) this is something I'd definitely like to discuss with you.

sean_stonehart
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Great to hear about the events, however too far and $$$ for me here in GA.

I know that people do randomly bump into each other at events, but kinda thinking about making specific get-togethers.

Sean - if we're able to hang (Sunday?) this is something I'd definitely like to discuss with you.

Nah we'll hang for a minute. $$$ is tight like ugly sheep in North Alabama though. May have to just hang there & hopefully Frodo won't have to go bail out a little raver chick this time.

EarthDragon
11-07-2010, 04:23 AM
I would offer to host a event at my school. I have 7,500 sq feet so pleanty of room, showers locker rooms the whole nine. also everyone could visit Niagara Falls the next day as it is 15 minutes from the school. let plan for spring?

mooyingmantis
11-07-2010, 08:30 AM
ED,
My son and I would be interested!

IronWeasel
11-07-2010, 09:15 AM

SWM looking for someone to grapple.

A/S/L?

jdhowland
11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Sounds tempting. Got a friend in Buffalo and a Hop Ga brother I'd like to visit about 260 miles from there. Maybe next year.