PDA

View Full Version : challenge match

SevenStar
10-30-2001, 04:57 AM
I know of a guy who is a dance major in college. He created some sucky looking drunken form (even though he has no CMA experience, and I'd venture to say no MA experience period.) He claims to have created something he calls "African Wu" and teaches it as if it's a legit MA. Anyway, to make a long story short, he's been badmouthing schools - one of which was mine - so my sihing wants to challenge him. I'm the only one that knows about it, and if this happens I would probably fight one of the guy's students. I have no problem with laying the smack down, but I'm wondering if it's worth it and if we should, as what he's saying isn't hurting us directly - We just want to shut him up. What do you think?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Martial Joe
10-30-2001, 05:00 AM
Go seven go seven...

I say you put the smacketh downeth...
Take no prisoners my large black friend!

:eek: (eek)<~~~~they will be eeking when they see you man...take f your shirt and throw some head kicks in the air and they will pee on eachother...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Water Dragon
10-30-2001, 05:02 AM
Sounds like a good opportunity to show off that shoulder throw :D

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Kung Lek
10-30-2001, 05:03 AM
why did he call it "wu" if it's african?

let him be, put some posters up for your school outside where he wants to teach :D

just stirring the pot hee hee.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

gazza99
10-30-2001, 05:04 AM
Just be nice....but ask a couple dozen questions about his techniques, and the martial arts in general, if he is not legit he will feel really stupid really quick, then ask him how many decades he has been studying to come up with his own art.(see my rant on my "Masters" thread.)
Then ask for a freindly demo, if he really sucks just flat out say it "gee, I dont think that would work at all? Ive been doing Martial arts X years and geez, people pay you for this? Then If he attacks you for questioning him its more justified than someone just beating him down.
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Martial Joe
10-30-2001, 05:05 AM
Good idea Gary...

Seven...After you beat him up chalange him mentaly...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

thumper
10-30-2001, 05:54 AM
But I also think that your sihung is right for wanting to go challenge him and should do that. Just be real friendly about it. If dude has as little MA training as is assumed then your sihung won't even have to lay too much a smackdown on him to embarrass the frig outta him, hopefully in front of his students too (at which point you should hand out flyers for your school and ofer a free trial class!).

"...either you like reincarnation or the smell of carnations..."
- Cannibal Ox

Sharky
10-30-2001, 05:59 AM
nah man, **** that ****, beat his ass down

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Martial Joe
10-30-2001, 07:34 AM
ha...hey man...

Johnny Hot Shot
10-30-2001, 08:08 AM
Kick his A$$ in front of his class.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Nexus
10-30-2001, 08:10 AM
The guy will dance all around you, and before you know it, you'll be joining balet courses just to keep up with his extreme skill level.

- Nexus

Sharky
10-30-2001, 08:14 AM
but if you get your ass kicked by a ballerina, i ain't gonna ever forget it man

soy
10-30-2001, 08:49 AM
Be carefull. My master's master had his house shot up because he embaressed a kenpo instructors school in hawaii. He made them lose business etc. You're best off being humble in most situations.

Watchman
10-30-2001, 09:59 AM
If I were to challenge fight every martial artist here locally that talked smack about me, I'd be overwhelmed.

I'd have to light off a neutron bomb, incinerate the entire county, and move somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Let him talk.

tnwingtsun
10-30-2001, 10:08 AM
You or your si-hing have nothing to prove,
let it ride and leave him to waste his time talking.

Be mature and train to fight the real battles. ;)

Kristoffer
10-30-2001, 10:43 AM
I agree with watchman.
But u can still go ask all them questions, preferably infront of his students. if he attacks u, kill him. otherwise just put up posters and flyers all over his place. (outside is great too)

let him talk, thats his problem.

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Watchman
10-30-2001, 10:48 AM
Just ignore him. Losers like that have a built-in self-destruct mechanism because....well, because they are losers.

The more he talks, the more stupid he looks. I had two other MA intructors here (one a San Soo guy and the other a JKD guy) running around talking trash and saying they wanted to challenge me. A lot of talk, no action.

Guess what? They're long gone and I'm still here - and I didn't even have to lift a finger. :D

Ryu
10-30-2001, 11:16 AM
I consider Watchman a better Martial Artist than myself. Seems to really have his act and confidence in tact. :cool:

Ryu

http://judoinfo.com/images/kimuraosawa.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Stranger
10-30-2001, 02:56 PM
Aye, Watchman and tnwingtsun.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Wongsifu
10-30-2001, 03:23 PM
personally i would say forget it , put him in his place some other way so he stops badmouthing other schools especially yours, i mean you cant take people who create sometihng like african wu seriously but you should teach him to stop badmouthing, why dont you be more tactful and arrange a competition between your school his school and another school he has been badmouthing , so that it doesnt look so ugly like mr african wu sho nuff shogun of harlem you suck and i will kick your as sallover the place. ITs not done in the 21st century between proper martial artists.
Youre above that

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Crimson Phoenix
10-30-2001, 04:15 PM
Tough one...all those who said that it's not worth it are right and wise...but on the other hand the guy needs some reality check too...all TCMAs have been combat tested, so why not do him a favor and open his eyes?
On the other hand, violence just gives birth to more violence...
Cornelian topic indeed...

Johnny Hot Shot
10-30-2001, 04:28 PM
What happened to the days when someone could expect a challenge or two if they were caught talking smack.

It not like it's going to be a fight to the death or anything.

Jacko Jackson

shaolinboxer
10-30-2001, 04:44 PM
If you fight this guy who talks crap, you have to fight the next, and the next, and the next.....

Johnny Hot Shot
10-30-2001, 05:48 PM
Then why not invite him to try a class?

Jacko Jackson

sultanpro
10-30-2001, 06:54 PM
I agree with Sharky and Joe ........

SMASH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skard

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

MonkeySlap Too
10-30-2001, 06:55 PM
This kind of thing is generally not worth it. Today's society punishes violent behavior in defense of 'honor'.

I've got plenty of people who dis me and my school - but they generally run and hide when we are around. The truth tends to speak for itself.

I find the people who are desperate to make a buck or be 'important' make the most noise. Which is funny that they complain about me, as I'm pretty much just a guy who works out.

Ignore them and train.

The policy of my school is to ALWAYS be nice - even to idiots. We accept challengers who come to us, and ONCE, my classmates and I confronted someone publicly, but he was misrepresenting himself in regards to our teacher. And we *knew* he would back down when confronted. After all, the wise man wins without fighting.

If it really rags you, invite them to meet you at a san shou or amateur NHB event. Or set up 'friendly' (and I mean it) inter-school sparring. This is the civilized approach. You'll find a lot of the 'empty barrells' won't ever show up.

Otherwise, the heck with him. If he is a fraud, the truth will come out.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-30-2001, 07:27 PM
i say you walk up to him and punch him in the throat without saying a word. when his eyes widen with suprise poke him in them and then try out that shoulder throw you and water dragon were working on. stomp on him until he stops moving and then p!ss on his face while asking if any of his students want some.

where's my beer?

Sharky
10-30-2001, 07:37 PM
the ****ing on his face bit is important; don't forget that bit.

honorisc
10-30-2001, 08:06 PM
Your si-hing wants it, what does your Si-fu want?

Ask this guy why he bad mouths other schools and yours. Consult your Si-fu. Unless it's acceptable to be representing the school's reputation publicly without consulting your Si-fu. If your si-hing has the authority to stake the schools reputation without consulting you alls Si-fu, then there's no question~ that a challenge would occure. I'd recommend small meeting so as to not be rude as your point is not to embarass, but to keep you alls name clean, and perhaps keep some people from getting taken...If it's any good (not possible from what you say)...Point out what it is, that is dance or exercise... if it's not martial Art. Just so it's billed correctly, and let those people be free of redicule from you all as to not a Martial Art, but open to comment for what ever you all decide it is~.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Watchman
10-30-2001, 10:56 PM
Ryu,

Thanks for the endorsement. The feeling is mutual. :cool:

GDA,

I'm severely dissapointed in you man. Usually, when subjects such as this one come up, you have a witty "individually wrapped chesse" crack that always gets me LMAO. I feel robbed.

Oh, and don't try to make up for it on this thread, it's already too late. :(

Sevenstar,

Hosers like the one you're mentioning run around talking smack because they are seeking outside validation. If you engage in a challenge fight with him you can't win.

Why can't you win? Because if you lose, he validates himself on his win. If you win, he validates himself by spinning the truth and making himself out to be a high-level enough fighter to even be able to hang with you.

Anybody been following Rolls' inane comments about his "scuffle" with ShaolinTiger?

That's what happens when you lower yourself to validate losers. ST dominates Rolls in a sparring match, and now all of a sudden Rolls is "tough enough to hang with a national level sanshou fighter". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've never shied away from a challenge fight (and in fact my school has an open door policy), but I only engage in one with someone who I feel simply wants to put themselves to the test against someone they consider a near equal (as that is always my motive). That way, win or lose, both of you learn something about yourselves and are better for it afterwords.

I like to fight as much as the next guy (and sometimes more), but beating down loudmouths and glory seekers never does you any good.

MaFuYee
10-30-2001, 11:20 PM
prepare to feel the wrath of the african wu!!!

Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. - Ash